Chapter 16 - Choose

NO LOVE
Chapter 16 - Choose
 
 
 
 
 
AMBER LUI'S POINT OF VIEW
 
Awkward surrounds us as we seat in the near by coffee shop. Kris keeps on glaring at Key. If glares could kill,Key would have died. I clear my throat, distracting Kris.
 
"So, what are going to say?" I said then got Key's attention. Key look away and took a deep breathe then he look directly to my eyes.
 
"About what you saw last time...Its not what you think...". I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief. "Wait. Before you say anything. Let me explain. First of all, the girl you saw was my cousin. She's my closest cousin, so we're comfortable with each other. This explain what you saw. I'm sorry if I hurt you. Please, come back to me..." he plead. I was stunned. I look at Kris but he doesn't look satisfied. Now, I'm really confused. I don't if I going to believe Key or be on Kris' side and not trust Key. Ugh. This so frustrating. I massage my temples.
 
"Oh really? She's your cousin? Then why are you kissing her in a restaurant?" Kris suddenly said. I gape at him and look at Key. He look really shocked and bewildered.
 
"Wh-what d-do y-you mean?" He stammer as he look away. Kris snickered.
 
"Bastard. Don't act dumb. Do you want me to show some evidence?" Kris said confidently. My heart suddenly skips. I don't know but I feel nervous. Key suddenly look pale and he sweat in cold.
 
"What the hell is your problem?! Why do you always keep on bothering us?! Our relationship was not of your business!" Key exclaimed. He looked angry. Kris keep calm and smirk as he took off his phone out of his pocket. He swipe the pictures and show to me. I cover my mouth as soon as I saw the picture. In the picture, Key was making out on some girl. This is worse than I imagine! My tears starts to fall.
 
"No! Amber! Don't believe that! Its's obvious that it's edited!" Key tried to explain as he hold my hands but Kris snap it away.
 
"Stop lying. The truth is right in front of us. You have no escape from your tratorous act!" Kris said firmly. I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. I can't take the pain anymore.
 
"Amber, you have to choose! Me or him!" Kris exclaimed. My eyes widened on what he said.
 
"If you choose him, I promise that I will be out of the picture and I will never see you again but If you choose me, I'll treasure you and make you feel what you are worth." Kris said softly. I wipe my tears and look at him, puzzled.
 
"No! Choose me! I know you love me. Promise! I won't cheat on you again. Just please give me a second chance..." Key plead. I close my eyes wishing that all of this was just a dream. Both of them are special to me. I don't want to lose either of them.
 
"Whether you choose or not. I will respect your decision but make sure you're happy with it and you won't regret it. Once, you decide there's no turning back." Kris said as he lean backward. Why are they giving me a hard time? I not used to this. But I have to choose. They both hold my hand, Key on the left and Kris on the right. I close my eyes and sigh. I wish I won't regret this decision....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I let go of Key's hands. I heard him snickered. "So, I guess you've made your decision. You choose him over me and its your lost. Your just my past time anyway. " he said and walk out. I gape at him as he walk out. That was so despicable. My tears starts to fall again. Aren't my eyes tired for crying? Damn. I suddenly feel Kris' hands grip on my hand. He wipe my tears.
 
"Come on, don't cry. Forget that jerk! He didn't know what he just lost. He don't deserve you. So, stop cryiing over him and besides you look ugly when you cry." He said. Making me chuckle. He smile.
 
"There! That's better! You now look beautiful" he said then laugh. I pout. But thanks to him. I feel better now. I think I just made the right choice.
 
"Let me take you home. I also want see Ace." He said and pull me up but to my surprise he hug me. "Thanks for choosing me." He whisper. I just nod. Then we exited the coffee shop and went to my house. As I open the door, Ace suddenly jump into me. I carry him and give it Kris. He take it lifted Ace in the air and chuckles.
 
"Aww. Baby Ace! Daddy missed you!" He said the kiss Ace's head. Ace just bark. I giggle they look so good together. My mood changes, as if nothing happened earlier. Good thing cause I don't know how to handle those kind of situations. I hope its the last time. I got distracted to my thoughts as I heard Ace bark. They are playing together. Looks like Kris really love Ace. I genuinely smile. My stress relievers. I jump into them.
 
"Hey! Let me join you!" I shout then play with them. Ace runs to Kris legs making him stumble and fall into me. Omg. I immediately close my eyes. He's so heavy and big! Once, I open my eyes, I noticed that we're just an inch apart. I can see clearly his expressive eyes looking into mine.
 
"Amber..." he said seriously. I realized that our position was awkward.
 
"I'm sor-"
 
"I love you..." he cut me off. Wait! What? I blink and stare at him.
 
"Wh-what?" I asked. Did he just said I love you to me? Am I deaf or something?
 
"I said, I LOVE YOU..." he said firmly. Making dumbfounded. "and please don't hate for doing this..." he said then put his lips on mine. Omg. He's kissing me! My lips starts to respond too. I admit he's a good kisser. He push his tounge inside mine. I bit his lower lip and wrap my arms around his neck. He pull back.
 
"You can slap me now." He said then close his eyes, as if he's expecting a slap from me. I laugh and push him aside. I stand up.
 
"Why would I do that? I'm not that bad though I just never thought you'll do that!" I said. He look away.
 
"I'm sorry. I just can't control myself." He whisper enough for me to hear. I just giggle. He looked cute!
 
"I know that your heartbroken but let me fix your heart. I can't promise anything cause promises are made to be broken but I assure that I will treasure and cherish you. Just give me chance to prove myself to you and help you forget that bastard." He said and kneel down. Ace bark. We both laugh. "Looks like Ace is agreed." He joke. I smile at him. Maybe this is that start of something new. All the pains that I've feel never fades but it made me stronger. I bent and level my face to his then kiss him.
 
"I'll take that as a yes." He joked and we borth laugh.