Chapter 3 - School Project

NO LOVE
Chapter 3 - School Project
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AMBER LIU'S POINT OF VIEW
 
 
Days go by, nothing important happened except arguing with Kris. He really annoys me sometimes but he's fun. He is a hot-headed creature that is fun to teased with. He easily gets pissed especially when I mock his so called art works. I can't say that he's a bad painter. Let's just say he has his own style. I smile at that thought.
 
Today is friday. I wander why Kris is absent. 
 
"So,How's your project? Are they doing good?" Mr. Chang asked. I gasp. Oh . I forgot. Everytime I asked him about our project we always ending up fighting. In short, we haven't start anything yet. 
 
"Due to some circumstances, your deadline about you're project is move on monday." Mr. Chang announced. We all groaned. 
 
"No,buts! That is final. That's all. Enjoy you're weekend." He said then exited the room. I stoop and rest my head on my table. What am I going to do? My partner is absent and we haven't start doing it and worst it's due on monday. Great. Just great. I'm really going to spank him when I see him. Disregarding his height. I'm not afraid of him. I poke Luhan. He is the weirdest boy I ever met and he always sleep. I don't know why. He lift his head and face me with sleepy expression.
 
"What?" He asked lazily. 
 
"Where's Kris? Do you know why he's absent?" I asked him. He just shook his head. Wow, that's a great help. Talk about sarcasm here.
 
"But I can give you his address." He said and a grin form in his lips. I narrowed my eyes on him. Should I trust this person? 
 
"Hey, you have no choice." He said. He's right. Damn. I accept the paper with Kris' address that he has given me. Later, after class I will go to his house and kick his balls. Argh. He's really giving me a hardtime.
 
"Ugh. Thanks." I said. He just nod and smile like a dog. What's with the smile?
 
 
~~~~
 
 
 
At last the school ended, I stormed out of the room and immediately search for the giant's house. Since I'm not familiar with this place yet, I've got a lot of asking to do with strangers. I ended up in front of huge house. It's more like a mansion than a house. Ahh. Am I in the right house? Cause if I am, he is one stubborn rich kid. I push the doorbell. 
 
"Who is it?" A deep voice coming from the doorbell. Well, it's not an ordinary doorbell. 
 
"It's Amber. " I answered. Leaning toward the doorbell.
 
"What are you doing here?" Woah. I think I know who's voice it is and he does sound annoyed. Again. That's not new.
 
"Before you protest or fight again with me. Let me explain first okay. We haven't start our project yet and the deadline is move on monday. And please, open this freaking gate. So I can come in and we can start!" I said, exasperate. I close my fist and breath in. Calming myself. The gate open automatically. I enter. I continue walking until I reach the front door. I feel like Jack the giant slayer. All the things here are surely huge and the house is a lot bigger on the inside. This is a spacious house. The door open and the giant is angry again like he's ready to eat me. I must find the golden eggs quickly. Sarcasm. I cross my arms and rested on my chest. 
 
"Now what? are going to stand here all day and stare at each other?" I said sarcastically. We need to finish this now. I don't like working on weekends. He furrowed his brow.
 
"No, you may come in but please keep you hands on your pocket and don't touch anything." He said then sigh. Do I look like theif? I raise my right eyebrow.
 
"Whatever. Let's just start, so I can come home early." I commented. He lead me to guess room. I roam my eyes. This house is a luxury but it's too quiet. Is he the only who is living here? That must so lonely. We enter a room twice my apartment. Woah. It looks so modern. A fine interior design. It must be cost a lot of fortune and this is just a guess room? He surely is rich. I sit at the black couch then he followed me but he just stand in front me. I lift my head to look at the giant's face.
 
"What is the project all about?" He asked while crossing his arms. Bossy as ever.
 
"It's all about getting to know each other and we need to write something about it. Like a mini thesis or something like that." I shrug. He nods and take a sit beside me. Eh? I'm expecting that he will be pissed about the topic. Why is he timid today? I'm not used to it.
 
"Ah. Do you mind if ask you a question?" I asked as I tilt my head to one side. 
 
"You're already asking." He said sarcastically. Though, he does not look annoyed. Weird.
 
"Are you alone in this house? Where are you're family?" I asked. He stare at me for second.
 
"Yes, they are in China. I'm the only one left here because of my studies." He explained then look down. Aww. How lonely.
 
"Ahhh..." okay. I'm out of words. I notice the small canvas hanging on the wall. I stand up and move closer to it. It was beautiful. It was an abstract yet the colors are so relaxing. 
 
"Hey, are you the one who made this?" I asked while pointing at paint. He looked shocked and nods afterwards. I face the painting.
 
"This is beautiful." I gladly said while gazing at it. I here his footstep closer to mine.
 
"You think so?" He said melancholic. I furrowed my brow. Why does he sound like his not happy? I look at him with suspicious look. 
 
"What?" He asked innocently. 
 
"Why are you so timid today? And weird. You're not angry with me.." I said placing my both hands in my back. He sigh.
 
"Maybe I'm just not feeling well..." he said in sad tone. 
 
"Is that why you we're absent today?" I asked. He stare at me. He does look like his sick. He's pale than usual. He nods. I stepped back. I feel guilty for bragging in and disturbed his rest.
 
"Hey, I'm fine. We can finish this project." He said calmly. Now, that's new! I nod.
 
"It's my turn. Why do you transfer in our school?" he asked. I shrug.
 
"Because it is the nearest school in my apartment." I answer. He his eyebrow with amusement.
 
"Apartment? So, you're independent? Where are you're parents?" He asked in full curiousity.
 
"Ugh. My family are in the states and same as your reason. I'm here to study." I said as I walk to the couch and sit. He follow me but remained standing.
 
"Aahh..." I think he's also out of words. This is awkward. I stand up.
 
"Can you show me your paintings?" I asked breaking the awkward scene.
 
"What? Why?" He asked in surprise. I shrug again. 
 
"I just want to see how great you are. Mr. Picasso." I . He snickered and smile without showing his teeth. That is rare! He look handsome though. I flush at that though. 
 
"Ok. Just follow me. Get ready to be amazed." He said then laugh. Oh? Is he like this whenever his sick? I want to be sick everyday. Just kidding. I follow him. We went upstairs and enter another huge room but this one looks messy. Canvas are all over. Paints and brush are scattered. On the other side of the room, there is an exhibit of paintings. They are beautiful. Mostly are abstract. I go near to the paintings. These are really beautiful. I turned around to talk to Kris. I'm shocked. He was kneeling to ground while massaging his forehead. I ran to him. 
 
"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. I place the back of hand on his neck. Gad! His freaking hot! He really is sick!
 
"Ugh. Let's go to your room. You really need to rest." I said putting his big arm on my shoulder and guiding him to walk. He point where his room is. Its just beside his art room. Good thing because he's so heavy! I help him lay to his bed. He immediately close his eyes to sleep. I put a blanket on him. I went downstair to find the kitchen to fetch some cold water and a basin. It's not hard to find since his house is organize. I quikly went up and enter his room. I saw him swimming in his own cold sweat. I hurriedly wipe his sweat using the dry towel and again with the wet towel.  I rub the wet towel on his forehead,neck until to his arms. He moan and wiggle a little.
 
"Shhh. Don't move. Just sleep." I said calmly. I put a wet towel on his forehead. I went downstairs again to cook some porridge. This will help him feel better. After a few minutes, I'm done. I put it all on tray and went upstairs again. When I open the door I saw him sleeping at peace. Maybe he can eat this when he wake up. I put down the tray on the drawer beside his bed. I will just leave a note. I find a peace of paper and pen which is not hard to find. 
 
Eat this. Don't worry it don't have a poison. It's safe. Get well soon. :)
 
-Amber
 
After I leave the note. I left to his house and went home. That was quite a tiring day.