Chapter 17 - Fast Food

NO LOVE
Chapter 17 - Fast Food
 
 
 
 
 
KRIS WU'S POINT OF VIEW
 
KRRRRIIINNNGGGG
 
Finally, the bell ring and it only means one thing! Class is over! Someone poke me. I furrowed my eyebrows and look who is it. It was Amber. My frown change into a smile.
 
"What?" I asked as I put my things on my bag.
 
"Let's have a dinner." She simply said. I nod nonchalantly and when I realized what she had said my eyes widened.
 
"Are you asking me on a dinner date?" I exclaimed. She giggled. It was like a sweet music to my ears.
 
"If that what you called it." She said then smile. There's still something wrong with her smile. It was fake. I know deep inside her she was hurt. I shook my head at my thoughts.
 
"Fine. Your incharge for the place." I said and hold her hand then walk. She did not complained nor take back her hand. She just let me. The memory of my confession suddenly flashes through my mind. Seeing her in pain, it feels like I was dying. I couldn't stand it. At that moment my courage was gained and tell her what I feel. I know that she wouldn't return the love I give to her...for now. Who knows, maybe one day she falls inlove with me too. I saw Amber her lips then automaticaly kissing scene we shared replay on my mind. I gulp. . Control. Control yourself. You don't want to kiss her in the middle of the street and give everyone a free show. I told my self. I gulp once more and deeply inhale. We entered a fast food chain. Namely McDonald.Seriously? This place is for kids. You know, some meals with toys and stuff. I look at her and raised one eyebrow.
 
"Are you sure we're going to eat here? This is junk food." I whined. She pout. Ugh. Don't pout. Its tempting damn it! She nod.
 
"Yup. I'm sure. Besides, I can't even remember when was the last time I eat in here." She said sadly. I sigh and ran my fingers through my hair.
 
"ok. You order and I'll find our seats. Here take my wallet. Use the money in there to pay. Arasso?" I command while giving her my wallet.
 
"Yes sir!" She said as she salute. I chuckled and make my way to find our seats. I choose the table beside the glass window at the corner. I waited for her. After a few minutes, she came with a tray filled with foods and there's one waiter who is following her with the same amount of food on the tray. What the heck? The place the trays on the table. I gape at foods. There are two Mcspaghetti,two double hot fudge sundae,three large fries, two gaint burgers, one chicken and two large softdrinks. This amount is for five persons! And please note that we are only two. She said thanks to waiter and the waiter went off. I notice that there is also a toy. I laugh at my mind. She is so childish in a cute way.
 
"Are you planning to kill me?" I said seriously. She laugh and shook her head.
 
"No. I eat a lot when I'm depressed." She said then forced to laugh. My expression remained blank. I hate seeing her like this
 
"What are you waiting for? Let's dig in!" I said cheerfully changing the atmosphere. She smile, a genuine smile.
 
"Bring it on!" She said and start eating the burger. Our mouth are too full to talk. After she eat the burger, next is spaghetti, then the chicken. Most of the time I just gape at her with amusement. Most girls are diet concious and too shy to eat like this but not Amber. She look like a barbaric tribe who is lost in hunger. I laugh at that thought. She looks cute though. She starts to eat the double hot fudge when she suddenly dip the fries in it and eat. Weird!
 
"That is so weird." I can't help myself spitting that out. She shook her head.
 
"Maybe. But you should try some too. It's amazing!" She exclaimed. I wave my hands in disagreement while shooking my head firmly.
 
"I'd rather not to try it." I simply said with a hint disgust on my voice. She grin, a wolfish grin. Oh no. I don't have a good feeling about this. She suddenly shift and sit right next to me. I lean backward. She start dip the fries on the sundae and put it front my mouth. I keep my mouth shut and shook my head. No! I'm not going to eat that! That is my style!
 
"Oh come on! don't be a kill joy! Eat it!" She said frustrated but I still keep my mouth shut. She narrowed her eyes on me.
 
"If you're not going to eat this. I will not allow you to see Ace ever again." She said seriously. My eyes widened.
 
"Wha-" I was cut off when suddenly put the fries into my mouth. She laugh. I frown and was forced to eat it. My tongue twist as I taste the dipped fries. It's not bad as I thought. It was actually excellent! A smile slowly form on my lips.
 
"Hmm. Not bad." I comment. She hit my shoulders making me flinch. Damn. She's strong.
 
"Told you! " she said and starts to eat. I join her. As I eat more the fries becomes more delicious. I laugh at myself. The dinner finishes and we make our way to her house.
 
"Ahh. I'm so full." She whined as she caress her stomach.
 
"Duh. You like a barbaric tribe. Seriously? Are you even a woman?" I joke. She laugh. It was music to my ears. I love hearing her laugh.
 
"Thanks for today." She said. I look at her with confusion.
 
"Why are you thanking me? You know its my job to make you happy and make your day." I replied. She chuckles but slowly fades.
 
"You know what, whenever Key saw me eating like that he would always scold at me and get pissed. So we always end up, he leaving me at the restaurant and eating alone." She state with her voice are hoarse. I pull her into a hug.
 
"If you want to forget him then stop thinking about him. I'm here. So I should be the one who you are thinking." I said and hug me back. I can feel the wet on my chest. She's crying again. I pull away and cupped her face.
 
"And stop crying. You know how I hate it when I see you crying." I said as I wipe her tears. She inhale deeply while closing her eyes. She look directly to my eyes.
 
"Thank you." She said but I was distracted with her lips. Why does it have to be pink and soft? I slowly leaned forward until our face was just an inch away. I can feel her breath against my skin. Our lips was about to touch when her phone ring. We both jerked. I çlear my throat as she answers her phone. Argh. Wrong timing damn it! She widened her eyes as she listened and then jump with joy.
 
"okay.okay. I meet you all there! Same time same place!" She exclaimed before she hang up. I look at her questioning.
 
"My friends are coming tomorrow!" She said happily. I forced to smile.
 
"Ah that's great!" I said with a little sarcasm on my voice. I almost kiss her when they interupted. Damn it.