CH 9

Cold Hearts

g_dragon_icon_029_by_vampite-d32sjim.jpgsnsd_taeyeon_icon__by_icejheart-d3g3j5c.Kris-kris-32595986-100-100.pngluhan6_b17.pngsnsd_jessica_icon_by_misskpopified-d46pdjonghyun5.png

 

Author's POV:

 

Taeyeon and Jessica had call Jiyoung and Jonghyun to the rooftop. They asked the permission from the principal himself to let them have some moment. He let them go.

 

Jonghyun and Jiyoung stood across them, looking at Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

The two girls seems broken as they met their ex again.

 

"Why did you come here?" Jessica spoke, she didn't look at the two as she asked them. Taeyeon hung her head low, refusing to look at Jiyoung. "We came as a transfer students." Jonghyun answered.

 

Jessica scoffed. "Transfer student or you came to meet with us?" her words were sharp as a knife. But Jonghyun didn't felt anything by her words.

 

"Which do you prefer?" Jiyoung spoke. Jessica remained silent. She did not wish to answer that. "None." but Taeyeon answered it.

 

Taeyeon lifted her head and look at Jiyoung. She has that eye of hatred. Even though the wound in her heart had open up by their sudden appearence, but she still have the cold feature plastered on her face. She don't wish to show her weak side to him. No more, not to any men who try to open her heart. She just won't let the fragile side of her slip out. It goes the same to Jessica.

 

Jiyoung chuckles. "Even though you wear that strong expression, but deep down you're just a weak girl, Taeyeon. Its just a mask to hide your true nature." Jiyoung claimed, stepping closer to her.

 

Taeyeon lifted her hand, "Stay back. Don't ever get closer to me." she warned him, as she step back.

 

"Sica ah, whats happened in the past, is a past. Let's forget about it. Look, I've broken up with her after you left me. I know that I've hurt you badly but went you left, as you cry that day, I felt pained stabbing my heart almost every day. I couldn't take it, so I broke up with her. It seems that I didn't love her at all, I love you. I love you till today." he confessed, Jessica didn't realized that Jonghyun had already stood infront of her.

 

He was too close. She didn't like it, Jonghyun even grab her hand and placed it to his chest. Feeling his heart beating so fast, made Jessica's expression turned calm. She was getting bewitched by his sincerity, his heart beat just for her.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand, shoved Jonghyun away from Jessica when she see her getting wrapped up by his sweet words.

 

--------

 

Jessica snapped back to her trance. She look at Taeyeon who had pull her away from Jonghyun. "Back off Kim Jonghyun! Don't ever touch her!" Taeyeon glared at him, she know how Jessica is. A sweet words could melt her heart, just that and she could show her weak side again, so Taeyeon didn't want that.

 

Jessica gripped her bestfriend's hand. "You almost got me there, Jonghyun. I was about to fall into your trap again, but thank god Taeyeon was here to save me."

 

"She has always been the one who protects you Jessica. But shouldn't Taeyeon mind her own business?" Jonghyun was annoyed on how Taeyeon shoved him.

 

"And I like how she is. That is why I fell in love with her to begin with." Jiyoung spoke, looking at Taeyeon.

 

"Her sweet, caring personality is the thing that caught my attention as I met her. I fell in love at first sight. And I will do anything to get you back, Kim Taeyeon. I want you back in my life." Taeyeon expression changed.

 

Taeyeon holds back the emotions and when back into glaring at him, "You're lying. Don't think that I'm stupid, Kwon Jiyoung."

 

"No, I'm serious. I want you back on my side. Like how we used to be. I broke up the engagement because I can't stop thinking about you. Sandara was not the right woman for me to begin a family with. I know...deep down, you're the perfect woman in my life. For me to start a life with. Grow old with you." he confessed, Taeyeon widen her eyes a little.

 

She don't know what to think, or to say. His confession was just too convincing, either to believe or not to believe. She's scared if she believed in his words, then finding out it was a fraud, her wound would increase.

 

--------

 

Jessica, gripped Taeyeon's hand tighter. "Taeyeon ah. Don't listen to him!" Taeyeon look at Jessica.

 

"Enough Jiyoung. I'm tired of your words. We both have promised ourself to not ever open our heart to any men that we crossed path with. Ever!" Taeyeon claimed, her voice was stern.

 

Jiyoung and Jonghyun look at each other. They did changed but their weak side is still so visible to their eyes.

 

"Even if you girls promised that, but that will never happen. One day, a guy will open your heart and claim it for himself. And they will be us. We will try to claim your heart back." Jonghyun said, he positively think that they will returned to them in the future.

 

-------

 

"Ohh, I won't promise you that pal.." suddenly a voice appeared, with a pair of strong arm wrapped around Taeyeon's waist and pull her back. Taeyeon was suprised when she found herself in someone's embrace.

 

Even Jessica being pulled by a pair of strong arms. Jonghyun and Jiyoung glared at the person holding them.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon look up to see who does the hand belongs to. Finding Kris and Luhan as the owner of the hands, had them widen their eyes.

 

Kris glared at the two men infront of him, as he hold Taeyeon in his embrace. He was so handsome and cool, as what Taeyeon thought, she didn't try to free herself from his embrace. Instead, she felt so safe and secure in his arm. Its just for the moemnt. She will let him hold her.

 

Luhan was also glaring, but Jessica finds it cute that he try to be manly and tough. But Jessica felt so safe when he was there. She was tired of Jonghyun's words and wishes to be rescued, and somehow her wishes was granted by an unexpected hero.

 

She and Luhan have been bickering earlier and now he suddenly came and rescued her from Jonghyun.

 

--------

 

"And you are?" Jiyoung spoke, asking the taller blonde who is holding Taeyeon.

 

"Its not that important for you to know my name. I don't tell my name to any person who I just met. Especially a person like you both." he explained, looking at them with his face.

 

Jiyoung scoffed. "We have the right to know. You suddenly came out of nowhere and took them into your arms. So I think we deserved to know who you both are." Jiyoung starts to get impatience by them.

 

"Xi Luhan..." Luhan spoke, their eyes averted at him. "My name is Xi Luhan."

 

Kris rolled his eyes, "Kris Wu, the grandson of the Principal Wu." he introduced himself, without looking at them.

 

"Grandson? You are Principal Wu's grandson?" Jonghyun his eyebrow. Suprised to see the person that Mr Wu had told them about earlier.

 

"You got a problem with that?" Kris asked, now turning back and look at the two.

 

They shook their heads. "Aniya...but we do have some problem to solve with those two ladies in your hand. Could you let us have some moment to talk. In private." Jonghyun claimed, sternly.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon gripped Luhan's and Kris's hand. The two men look down at their faces. They didn't look like they want to be alone with the two men.

 

"No. You need to stop bothering them" Luhan claimed. "Bothering? They're the ones who called us here and you said that we are the ones who is bothering them?" Jiyoung laugh.

 

"I wasn't even telling you a joke. Why are you laughing?" Luhan asked, annoyed.

 

"You're the funny one." he continue to laugh.

 

--------

 

"Alright. Stop and hand them over to us. We still have lots to talk about. So you should leave quietly." Jonghyun shooed the two. jiyoung and him walked towards them trying to take Taeyeon and Jessica away from Kris and Luhan.

 

When Jiyoung grab Taeyeon's hand, she shoved him away, turning her body, she hug Kris tighly. Kris was so suprised to see her doing so. "Taeyeon, stop playing around. We need to talk." Jiyoung didn't stop, and try to pulled her again.

 

"No! Go away! Just go away!" she tighten her arms around him, Jiyoung was losing his patience, before he could use force Kris had grab his hand and shoved him away.

 

"The lady said to go away. So you should leave." Kris placed a hand on Taeyeon's back, to secure her.

 

Jiyoung widen his eyes, he was pissed. Taeyeon just shoved him but letting this man to hold her. Was that really a strong girl that she said she was?

 

-------

 

Jonghyun also have the same problem. Jessica won't let him take her away. She holds Luhan tightly.

 

"Leave me alone!" she yelled, but Jonghyun won't stop. He was getting pissed by the minutes. And Luhan just need to interfere. "Stop it pal. If she wish for you to leave her, then do as she say." Luhan shoved Jonghyun's hand and wrapped his arm around Jessica's body.

 

Jonghyun curled his hand into a fist. He watches as Jessica's body trembles. She gripped on Luhan's shirt tighter, shutting her eyes, she don't want to look at him.

 

--------

 

They give up. "Its not over yet Taeyeon, Jessica. We will claim your heart back. And whatever we have said to you before was true. We still love you. Please give us one last chance to be in your heart." Jiyoung said as he look at them. "Its not over yet Kris Wu. Xi Luhan. We'll meet again tomorrow since we are classmates now." Jonghyun smirk, as they slowly walked away and exited the rooftop.

 

"Crap, I totally forgot about that." Kris mutter. He slapped his forehead.

 

Luhan look down on Jessica, she still wrapped her arm around him. He couldn't do anything, and just let her hug him. He even felt that his heart was pumping aggresively. What kind of feeling is he having right now. Its not anger or annoyance, it was something else. Something different than how he felt before.

 

--------

 

Kris hand that was placed at Taeyeon's back stays as how it is. He didn't move it away. But as he felt Taeyeon trembling, he her back, gently.

 

He was still angry by the previous thing that they were arguing about, and also the slap. It still stung whenever he remember it.

 

But right now, he just want to be by her side. Somehow, he find himself being very gentle to her. It was strange, but he didn't deny it. He felt something flow inside him. A feeling that he wish to protect her.

 

--------

 

Since Jonghyun and Jiyoung claimed that they will get their hearts back, Kris and Luhan had thought to try and grab their hearts first. Which mean, they will do anything to melt the ice coating their hearts.

 

Kris will fight to get Taeyeon's heart, while Luhan will fight to get Jessica's heart.

 

---------

 

To be continued.........