nineteen.

Wedding Belles

"Honey, you must go back with us. You can't miss the most memorable day of your best friend!" Mrs. Im tried to convince the currently sulking Yoona, who is busy munching the popcorn while watching a chick flick. "Come on, the flight's in a few hours and we can't miss it! If we book another flight, Kris would probably have his kids graduate college already." Mrs. Im looked at her hopefully, and all Yoona could was sigh. She can't really resist that look in her mother's face, and besides, it has been years since they last went back to Seoul together.

 

"Fine, fine." She got up, and ran to hug her mother. "But after the wedding, I'll be going back with you here." 

 

"If you can, my dear. If we ever go back to Seoul, you probably would want to stay there forever." Mrs. Im winked, and made Yoona wonder. What is it in Seoul that would make her stay there? All she knows is that after she attended her best friends' wedding, she'd be going first things first to Colorado and never come back. She made her way to her room, and started to fix her things. She also didn't forget to contact Zhou Mi, since he would be with her on the flight.

 

"Yoong." She was startled upon hearing her father's voice. "Are you done packing?" Mr. Im smiled warmly, as he made his way towards Yoona. She returned his smile, and leaned her head on his shoulder when he sat down beside her.

 

"I will just be taking a bath, and we're good to go." She sighed for the nth time, making Mr. Im chuckle. If only her daughter knows what is really happening, she'd be more than enthusiastic to go back. "Truth to be told, I don't want to come back. Ever again. I would just transfer to our New York-based office so I could visit you anytime I want." 

 

Mr. Im patted his daugther's head, and curved his lips into a wide smile. Yoona didn't change, he thought. Just like the old times, whenever she faces a problem, she doesn't make a big deal of it, and instead, chooses the easiest way: which is running. "Why are you running? You know, just like what your mother said, going back to Seoul right now wouldn't be of regret to you. If you ever stay here, you'd wish you came back to not miss the biggest day in your life." 

 

Yoona was astounded. Her birthday's a few months away, and she knows that she didn't leave any event in Seoul. All she knows is that her best friends are marrying one another and though she wants to be happy for them, she just can't. "Nothing big's going to happen if I ever go back, Dad. It's just that, I promised my friends to be there on the most important event of their lives." Yoona then looked at her father's eyes, and slightly grinned.

 

"I am not ready to hand you out to anyone else yet, but I trust this man. He has loved you with all his heart eversince, but you two were too blind to even notice that." Yoona looked at her father weirdly, because he talks as if she's going to get married. "Always remember that we are always here for you, and I hope that you two love each other continuously, through thick and thin." 

 

"Father, what are you talking about --" Before she could even finish her sentence, her father stood up and smiled widely at her.

 

"Aha, it's almost time for me to prepare! You know how a time freak your mother is." Mr. Im winked at her, before strolling out of her bedroom. Truth to be told, she's really getting curious of what is going to happen when they go back.

 

*

 

"Is she going back--" 

 

"GODDAMNIT KRIS! I JUST CONTACTED HER PARENTS AND THEY BOARDED ON THE FREAKING PLANE SO SIT THE ON THE CHAIR BECAUSE YOU'RE FRUSTRATING THE HECK OUT OF ME!" Sooyoung shouted, as she massaged her forehead. She was told that Yoona didn't actually want to go back but thanks to her parents' negotiating skills, they were able to drag her back to Korea. "It would take a day before they go here, so please relax because you shouldn't look stressed out on your wedding tomorrow."

 

Kris felt enthusiastic, and at the same time, frustrated because it is now or never. He finally knows what Yoona feels about him, and he's quite confident that she wouldn't back out on this wedding. Yet, there is this small chance that she wouldn't react so positively on all the plans that were made to make this wedding happen. He just wished that the first option would be the one to work out because if all else fails, he doesn't know how to fix the mess he's going to make.

 

"You're making that constipated face, Jiaheng." Sooyoung chuckled, and rolled her eyes. "Let's go check in your hotel room because I also need to go to mine so I can pamper myself because finally, this one heck of a wedding is going to happen."

 

*

 

"Aw, how I've missed South Korea!" Mrs. Im said, as she inhaled the fresh air of Incheon. "Let's go! The wedding's going to start in a few hours, and we can't possibly miss it!" She gleefully said as she made her way towards the car that is waiting especially for them. Yoona grinned because she knows how much her mother misses the land where she was born, and she's glad that they'd be here even for just a few days.

 

"Oh, we'll be going to the hotel where Kris checked us in. We have 10 hours until the wedding, and make sure to take plenty of rest Yoona, okay?" Mr. Im told Yoona, and all she could was nod. She feels exhausted due to jet lag, and she decided to take a few minutes to nap since the hotel is quite far away. 

 

On the other hand, Kris is still fidgeting because he's so freaking nervous for the event that is taking place in a few hours. He's now alone in his room, so he has all the time in the world to think without having to be scolded by Sooyoung. 

 

He loves Yoona to the core, and there's denying to that. He has just realized that he loved her all along when the boys started to take notice of her blooming beauty, and he was a victim of it. But he didn't regret any of it because the time he spent with Yoona was all worth it. So he's praying to all the Gods that they'd grant his wish to live a happy life with the only woman he loved, and he will ever love.

 

Upon arriving on the hotel room that was reserved especially for her, Yoona threw herself on the Queen-sized bed. 9 more hours, and Kris would be alloting all his time to another woman other than her. 9 more hours, and her world would be orbitting for another world. 9 more hours and the boy she loved, and will ever love, would be marrying her best friend.

 

*

 

Restless as she is, Yoona decided to take a walk around the area of the hotel. She was amazed, afterall, here was the place she wanted to get married. The beach wedding she has always been dreaming of is not going to happen to her, but she's still happy. She should be happy not for herself, but for the sake of the others. She found herself near the beach, and she sat down to watch the waves crash on the sand. If only the waves were strong enough to wash away the pain she was experiencing, she'd be more than thankful.

 

"What are you doing here?" She heard a familiar voice, and smiled when she found out that it was none other than Jiaheng. "You should still be resting, since I know that you have a jet lag." He worriedly said, but Yoona just shrugged him off. 

 

"You should be the one resting, you know. It's your big day and you shouldn't be out early in the morning." She said, and looked at him. "I can't believe that you're getting married before me, Jiaheng. You're a big baby, even though you're years older than me!" She chuckled, and turned her gaze on the rising sun. "As the sun goes up, new beginnings start and yours rise up with the it. I'm happy for you." 

 

He can't stand this. After all this time, after all the hints he has given her, she still doesn't know it. He wanted to smack her head because she's still as slow as ever. He then held her shoulders and made her look at him, as he took a deep breath. "We're getting married." 

 

It took a few more minutes, before it finally hit Yoona. "I'm not Sooyoung, Kris." She awkwardly laughed, and tried to look away but Kris is persistent. He made her look at him again, and Yoona could feel the tension between them. "This is not  funny, Jiaheng. You're getting married in a few more hours and this is no time for joking."

 

"I'm serious. Freaking serious." When Yoona was about to speak again, he held her hand and made her look at the ring on her finger. "That is our engagement ring." He grinned. "Do you know the reason why everything about this wedding is all according to your dream? Because it's for you, it's for us." He leaned forward and rested his forehead against hers, and smiled. "I love you, Yoona. I really do." 

 

Shocked would be an understatement for how Yoona feels right now. All this time, she thought it's for Sooyoung and Kris. All the tears she wasted was for nothing. All the pain and sadness she felt: it seemed like it was all a joke. She felt as if her feelings were played by the two most important people in her life, yet she felt relieved. She felt relieved that Kris wouldn't be out of her grasp, and that he's really going to stay with her forever. 

 

"But...why did you this? Why didn't you tell me?" She felt her tears stirring on her eyes, and before she knew it, they fell one after another. "You could have told me! You could have asked me properly! After all this time, I thought you were really going to be away from me!" She said in frustration, as she continuously hit Kris' shoulders.

 

Kris chuckled, and hugged her tightly. "If I told you, we wouldn't be together. It could have ruined our friendship. If I told you, you would have ran away, and never realize your true feelings for me." He then held her cheeks, and wiped her tears away. "Timing is with us right now, Yoona. It's now or never." 

 

She wanted to be mad. She wanted to yell at him and hit him, since she felt all the pain because of these misunderstandings. But he's right. They would have never gotten into this point if he told her. She would have ran away, and he could have been left hurting. She could have realized her feelings way too late, and he could have found someone new. 

 

"Idiot." She muttered, as she slapped is arm, and hugged him back tightly.

 

Sometimes, things are better left unsaid.

 

*

 

She walked on the aisle so gracefully, that all the other guests were only focused on her. It was supposed to be like that, because she's the bride. But it seems like they can't take their eyes off her because of her beauty. Kris felt proud that the woman walking before him is the one who would be with him for a lifetime, and he knows that she's only his. Mr. and Mrs. Im held back their tears as they send their daughter on the altar, feeling grateful that the man who was with her for the whole time turned out to be her soulmate.

 

Sooyoung grinned at Yoona so wide, that she felt her cheeks splitting. She held back her tears as she watched her best friend walk down the red carpet, and she couldn't have wished for any man other than Jiaheng to marry her very best friend. She watched as they both grow fond of one another and even though she was the friend on the sideline, she didn't hate Yoona for that. She was actually felt grateful because they experienced alot of things together. She couldn't have wished for any other best friend other than her.

 

Yoona looked at the guests before her. Taeyeon, one of her clients who is actually a famous performer, volunteered to sing for her wedding together with her husband, Baekhyun. Joohyun and Sooyeon were there as well, since she invited them to be one of her bridesmaids. She smiled at everyone as she made her way towards the altar, even though she felt rather nervous. She looked around once more, but she didn't seem to find the man whom she thought she invited.

 

Mr. Im placed her hand on Jiaheng's palm, and patted his shoulder as they gave each other knowing nods. Mrs. Im pecked Yoona's cheek before giving her a warm smile. Yoona then looked at Jiaheng, and she couldn't have wished for any man other than him. They both walked towards the altar, but what shocked Yoona the most was the man standing before them, wearing a priest's clothes.

 

Why the heck is Sehun wearing a priest's clothes!?

 


A/N's

OH GAHD FINALLY! I'M ALMOST FINISHED WITH THIS STORY I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF HAHAHAHA. Anw, thank you for waiting for the slow updates made possible by the slowpoke author hehehhee. I just started college and I feel tired everyday other than the weekends so I try my very best to update every Saturday or Sunday. Anw, did you enjoy the twist on the ending? ;) Since I didn't want Sehun to end up with any other girl in this story (rude author rUDE), I made him the priest. Ta da!!!!! So, here 'ya go. One more chapter and I'll be finally closing this story. Hope you enjoy the update!!