nine.

Wedding Belles

"This place is perfect, Yoong." Kris said as he looked around, and smiled happily upon knowing that everything is going according to the plan. Yoona could only pout and whine inwardly. She had dreamed of getting married into this place, but thanks to Kris, her dream is now ruined. I swear I should not have told Kris about my wedding plans! She stomped her feet, as Kris seems to be enjoying the view.

 

"Are you the soon-to-be-weds who's planning to rent in here?" Hearing a voice behind them, Yoona and Kris immediately bowed to the middle-aged woman who seems to find the both of them amusing. "Aigoo, you kids look great together!" Yoona blushed upon hearing the woman's remarks, immediately shaking her head. 

 

"No, it's not. I am his...wedding planner." She smiled awkwardly, and the atmosphere became more awkward when Kris placed and arm around her shoulders. She nudged him to stop what he was doing, but Kris seems to be enjoying it. "Anyways, could we book the grand hall on, umm, the 18th of December?" She hesitated upon saying the date, because it was really her dream date. And to mention that the wedding would also be held on her dream destination and her dream hall, she sighed. Maybe she was not really fated to be married at all.

 

"But I do think that the both of you are suited for each other! I bet Mr. Li's soon-to-be-wife is just as pretty as your wedding planner. Too bad she was not able to come." The woman said, as she guided the both of them to sit down. They had the greatest view of the surroundings: from the white sand beach, to the cozy looking small bungalows just around the corner. "And oh, about the grand hall." She then opened her notebook and smiled widely. "You were just in time! Should I now reserve it for you?"

 

"Yes please." Kris answered, and let out a gummy smile for Yoona. The latter just rolled her eyes, as he playfully ruffled her hair. "And oh, we're going to use a part of the beach for the ceremony." The woman then nodded, as Yoona wrote on her small notebook. "Ahjumma, can I pay the downpayment already?"

 

"You're not that excited,eh?" The elder woman chuckled. "Of course you can, young man. I'll reserve the nearest spot on the grand hall then.  If you'll excuse us." She gestured for Kris to stand up, and smiled widely. "May I borrow Mr. Wu for a while?" Yoona nodded, as Kris and the woman left. She let out a small sigh, as she stood up to go near the beach.

 

She sat down on the sand, letting her feet reach the water. It was soothing, yet she can't help but think of her best friends' wedding. Truth to be told, she's still quite mad at her friends about hiding the truth. But for now, she has to do her job as their wedding planner and just be happy for them. As she was enjoying the cool breeze, her phone rang, and it was her manager.

 

"Yoong, you'll be busy for tomorrow. I received a sudden request from Vogue and they have wanted you to be their cover girl, together with a man from a band. After that, you'll be heading to your fan sign at Incheon, and the day after that, you'll be having a photoshoot for a bridal magazine. It's going to be a whole day shoot, so you better rest well tomorrow after your events. Got it?" Her jaw literally dropped upon hearing Zhou Mi's words. He was never the one to help Yoona on her schedules, for he's handling some artists in the industry too.

 

"Oppa! I thought I was just going be on a fansign tomorrow?!" She asked. She was planning to meet the catering services with Sooyoung tomorrow, but it seems like she has to cancel it for now. "I guess I'll just be cancelling some of my appointments tomorrow." She sighed, as the person on the other line was busy telling her reminders such as 'eat well, don't sleep too late, go home early'.

 

Zhou Mi was like a big brother for her, but he was bossy most of the times. Maybe because he's handling way too much artists, and had worked with some stubborn one. He was also a retired actor, and was a veteran at the field. He had asked Yoona to try acting for he sees potential in her, but she loves modelling and wedding planning too much.

 

"You've been thinking deeply, eh?" Kris' bass voice had shocked her, but she quickly recovered. He actually looked good in his plain white shirt and khaki shorts, and his blonde hair seems to be messy because of the beach hair. His smile is just too bright that Yoona could actually be blind, and she just noticed that his eyes were dark brown. Gosh, stop fantasizing your best friend, Im Yoona!

 

"L-let's go." She immediately stood up and started walking towards the direction of their car. Surprised by the sudden mood change of the latter, Kris caught up with her pace and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I won't be able to meet the catering services with Sooyoung-unnie tomorrow. I have a long day, and the day after tomorrow, I have a bridal photoshoot for some magazine. I guess we'd be continuing the planning by next week."

 

Kris could only smile broadly as they reached the car. Yoona was quite curious about why Kris seems to be smiling these days. Maybe that's how soon-to-be-weds are. She shrugged as he opened the car and they went in. 

 

"Oh dear God, Kris. Can you stop showing your gummy smile? It's seriously freaking me out!" Yoona said as she looked at Kris who just entered the car. "Seriously, I know that every man who's going to get married smiles like that. It's just that...it's...I..." She then started fiddling with her fingers, and sighed in defeat. "Take me home, I'm tired."

 

Looking at his best friend, Kris could only shake his head. He feels so sorry for pressuring her best friend into this, but for the sake of the both of them, he has to do it. "I'm sorry, Yoong. Don't worry, your hardwork will soon pay off." Kris winked at her playfully, and she could feel her cheeks. She looked away and crossed her arms, pretending to be annoyed by Kris.

 

She shook her head and sighed, she could not possibly like her best friend. Right?


Author's Note

OMF. THIS IS A SUPER LATE UPDATE. Today, I just stayed home and started lazing around, when I had decided to update this. I really am sorry omf. And regarding Kris' issue, of course, I feel so sad but no matter what decision he makes, I'll always support him. And I would not be replacing the male lead because I just love Kris too much. Tee hee. Enjoy reading!