twelve.

Wedding Belles

Today is Yoona's day off, and of course, she's not taking any offers on both her jobs. She had been quite exhausted in juggling her works, so she decided to take a break for a while. And just like any other girl, she lurked in her cage and watched romantic-comedy movies for the whole day. Of course, she was accompanied with her ever-loving foods.

 

"Ahh, why aren't Choi and Li joining me? I'm quite bored." She pouted, because she kind of misses her friends. They are always there when she's busy, but then they seem to disappear during her free days. She sighed, and just continued to watch when she finally felt her phone vibrate. She excitedly opened it, and was shocked because she got more than what she wished for.

 

From: Sehun

Yoona, are you free today?

 

Happy was too shallow to even use as a word to describe her feelings. Her hands are literally shaking (maybe because of excitement) as she composed herself to reply on Sehun's text. After just a few seconds, she felt her phone vibrate again and that made her heart beat so wildly.

 

From: Sehun

Then, maybe you can go watch our show for tonight? I swear, we won't disappoint. : )

 

SHT SHT SHT. Yoona's cursing loudly in her head because opportunities like these rarely happens to her. She smiled like there's no tomorrow, because first, Oh Sehun invited her to watch them play. And second, it's her favorite band! How could she miss this one? She typed and sent the message, as she turned the tv off.  I should look good tonight. She said, full of determination.

 

From: Sehun

Okay, I'll be picking you up before seven o'clock.

 

P.S. Dinner's on me too. : )

 

"Goddamn it, Oh Sehun." She could feel her cheeks blush upon his text. She replied a short okay (of course, with a smiley), as she rummaged through her closet. She's frustrated, because all her good clothes seemed to disappear when she finally needed them! She tried all the combinations, but soon gave up. Yoona then thought of a great idea, and immediately dialled a number that could possibly save her from this tragedy.

 

"Choi Sooyoung!" She immediately said, as the latter picked up. Sooyoung was rather shocked that Yoona called her during an odd time. She doesn't really call, unless it's necessary.

 

"It couldn't be about the wedding, right?" Yoona rolled her eyes upon hearing her reply. Something heavy seemed to occupy her heart, but she decided to ignore it.

 

"Of course not, you big dumbo. Why would I worry about your wedding during my day off?" She chuckled, as she heard the latter on the other line click her tongue. "I actually need to ask you a favor."

 

"Yah, if you just need something you shouldn't have called me you --"

 

"Just one, please?" After hearing few of the lady's protests, Yoona finally convinced Sooyoung to help her with her "big" problem. "Okay, it's like this. Oh Sehun asked me to watch them play--"

 

"NO YOONA, YOU CAN'T COME!" Sooyoung immediately reacted, making Yoona feel confused on the latter's weird behavior. "I, I mean, it's your day off right? You shouldn't be tiring yourself!"

 

"Come on, unnie. I've been bored as heck for the whole day! Besides, this is just once in a lifetime!" She dreamily said, as Sooyoung could only slap her forehead. She's annoyed on how numb her friend is. Now, all she needs to do is to stop Yoona from seeing Sehun by hook or by crook. If this meeting makes it on the news again, their plan is going to be so screwed.

 

"You could've asked me and Kris to go over there!" Sooyoung is panicking right now, and she thought that she needs to call Kris right now. "Okay, Yoona. Don't meet Sehun, we'll be there in an hour."

 

Annoyed by Sooyoung's weird behavior, Yoona just rolled her eyes. "Yah, what's so wrong with meeting him? It's as if I'm committing a big crime."

 

"You just, can't--"

 

"Listen, Choi. No matter what, I am going to meet Sehun tonight." Yoona massaged her forehead, because her friend is starting to get to her nerves. "And what's the big deal with meeting him? You can't just ask me to not meet someone important when you've practically hidden your relationship with Kris from me for the whole time."

 

She must admit that she's still affected by their whole secret relationship. They had been her friends for years, and she just doesn't get why they kept it hidden when she practically thought that they've not been meeting each other for years. Only her had been with Kris for years, after Sooyoung went away for her dreams. She finally hung up, and just grabbed whatever she could get from her closet.

 

*

 

"Kris, we have a big problem." Sooyoung said, as she talked with Kris on the phone. She nervously fiddled with her fingers, because this time, they really can't screw up once more now that the wedding day is finally approaching. "Yoona's being a total right now." She rolled her eyes as she recalled their recent talk, and how the younger practically hung up without even saying goodbye.

 

"What did you do this time again?" Kris knows that there must be a reason why Yoona became a "total " to Sooyoung just now.

 

"Yah, it's not me this time!" She protested. "Oh Sehun asked Yoona out tonight, and she's going to meet him. Boy, she's unstoppable." She chuckled, as she remembered how hard-headed Yoona was, until now. Kris immediately rose from his seat, and paced back and forth his office. He can't leave his paperworks right now, because he's been away for too long.

 

"You know, Sooyoung. I can't come with you today if you're planning to postpone their meeting." He massaged the crook of his nose. "I have lots to do--"

 

"YAH, LI JIAHENG! IT'S YOUR BRIDE-TO-BE THAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!" He put his phone away from his ear, because of Sooyoung's loud voice. "We can't just let her meet him because you know, she's crazy over him." He bit his lower lip, knowing how Yoona likes him way too much. Seriously, he really wanted to go to Yoona's place right now, but works come first. It's for their future anyway.

 

"I trust Yoona." He confidently said, though doubts are still lingering at the back of his mind. "Though I don't trust that guy."

 

Sooyoung could only shake her head on her best friends' tragic love story. "You are both hopeless."

 

*

 

"You look good tonight, Yoong." Sehun said, as he playfully winked at the latter. Yoona pushed the strands of her hair at the back of her ear, and smiled shyly. She's flatterred at what Sehun just said. Of course, who wouldn't be? The famous singer of Intoxicated just acknowledged her beauty!

 

"I wasn't able to dress nicely, because all my pretty clothes are all on the laundry." She pouted, as she watched the streets pass by fastly. Sehun could only chuckled, and pinched her cheeks when they finally came to a red light. "Yah, yah, yah! My face would be bloated!"

 

"Nevertheless, you're still pretty no matter how you dress or look." He winked once again, and laughed when he saw Yoona hide her tomato-red face from him. "You look especially prettier when you're blushing." Yoona could only slap him with her purse, and chuckle because damn, he just complimented her twice!

 

"You're really a player, Mr. Oh." She grinned. "No wonder why too many girls fell head over heels for you." She then looked at Sehun, who's currently looking at her. "Yah, eyes on the road Sehun!"

 

Sehun just chuckled, and focused his vision on the road once again. "How could I focus when there's a more beautiful view beside me?" Oh Sehun you jerk! "Would you fall for me, Yoona?" He then looked at her once again, as he finished parking. There was moment of awkward silence, before he bursted out laughing. "T'was an epic face, Yoong!"

 

You don't just play with my feelings you jerk. Yoona could only roll her eyes as she playfully hit Sehun's arms. She was about to go out when Sehun stopped her, and he went out to open the door for her. "Thanks." They both walked inside the music bar and as expected, there are lots of paparazzis out there. Sehun immediately wrapped his arms protectively around Yoona, as they walk through the crowd.

 

"Yoona!" She immediately heard Suho's cheerful voice as she entered their dressing room. "Oh, Sehun. I'm glad that you were able to finally bring her to watch our shows!" He grinned, as he playfully pinced Sehun's cheeks. "Aigoo, our maknae is a grown up man now." Sehun playfully slapped his hands away, as he looked at Yoona.

 

"I'll just be changing." He smiled, and Yoona nodded. Yoona's quite glad that she's kind of close to the band, so she had no trouble talking to them. She's amused on how they seem to be still rooted on the ground, though their popularity is sky-rocket high.

 

"Maknae must be serious that he even brought you here in." Jongin suddenly said. "You know, usually, he brings his guests right on the venue." Yoona was shocked to hear that. So, she's the first guest of Sehun to go here? SQUEALS. "That's quite unusual, I must say."

 

"Ignore Jongin, he could be quite stupid at times." Sehun butted in, as the gang laughed. Jongin crossed his arms, as Yoona thought of how cute their band is. She's happy that they're still close even after years.

 

*

 

"That was a nice show, Sehun! You know, usually, I don't get to watch you upclose because I'm...shy." She chuckled nervously, as she played with her hair. Sehun found this to be a nice habit of Yoona, so he took a candid shot of it. "Anyway, thanks for tonight. I definitely enjoyed it. And oh, please tell your band that do your best everytime, okay?" She winked playfully, and smiled.

 

"I must say that I performed my best tonight because a special girl is there to watch me play." He grinned. "I'm glad that you had a great night, Yoona. I hope you can go watch us from time to time." He smiled nervously, as he looked away. There was a moment of silence, before Sehun finally spoke. "So, good night Yoona. I hope you'll have a good sleep."

 

Yoona nodded, and was about to open her unit's door when she forgot something. "Good night to you too, Sehun." She gathered all her nerves, and walked towards him to peck his cheek. She bowed her head lightly, and ran inside her unit before she gets too embarrassed.

 

Damn, Yoona. What was that?

#

a/n

I'M BACK!! SO OMFG IT'S FINALLY VACATION I'M CRYING!! Anw, I hope you guys enjoyed this because this is quite a lengthy update since I know you guys have been waiting for this. Your suggestions really helped me, so thank you!!! Special mention to afiqahalya, leeyoonhae, and yoong10! Thanks for your suggestions I'm crying!!! Anw, I would be finishing this story first before I update my other stories I'M SORRY HNG. BTW BTW BTW, I have two upcoming stories so watch out for them ;  )