sixteen.

Wedding Belles

“What should I do?” Yoona covered her face with a pillow, as she rolled on her bed. Today is her day-off, but it seems like some thoughts wouldn’t just let her rest peacefully. For the whole day, she had been looking through her childhood photos – which contained of pictures of her with Kris – and looking back at his messages and stuff like that. “Why am I getting this fluttery feeling in my stomach?”

 

She wondered if she should call someone close to her who could explain what she’s feeling right now. Sooyoung is immediately out of the list, knowing how talkative she is. She could not even contact Kris because well… her problem mostly rotates on him. The last person on her mind was Oh Sehun, but she doubted he’d ever be free on this day since she practically didn’t notify him.

 

“Oh, what about Jongsuk-oppa? That dude answers my calls most of the times.” She then looked at her phone, and wondered if she should ever talk to him. She remembered that she actually owes him a dinner, because it was postponed since she went out with Sehun the same night. She sighed, and decided to give it a shot. Just like what she thought, he answered after two rings.

 

“What is it, Im Choding?” Yoona rolled her eyes upon hearing her infamous nickname from the name that started it all. Way back in their shooting days, Jongsuk had called her a ‘choding’ because basically, she acts like an elementary school kid behind the scenes of their shoots. After that, they’ve developed quite a close relationship, which made Kris envious at times.

 

“Let’s go out for dinner! Your treat!” She chuckled, knowing that the dude is soon going to whine like a baby but she could care less. Last time she checked, Jongsuk actually wanted to treat her a meal!

 

“Yah, yah. You’re the one who invited me yet you’re asking me to treat you? No freaking way, Choding-ah.” He pouted even though Yoona could not see it, and sighed when he heard the continuous rant of the younger. He forgot that he actually owe her a dinner! He massaged his forehead as he got up from as bed, and started to get changed. “Curse you and your sharp memory, idiot.”

 

“Too bad, you’ve got a smarty- friend who remembers practically everyone who owes her inner!” She then burst out laughing, knowing how he would complain about everything later. “Okay, let’s meet at our favorite pizza parlor! You should be there before 7pm, since I don’t like waiting.” She hung up first, so that the latter will not have any choice but to join her.

 

Yoona walked by her living room, and saw a small note attached on the TV. She got it, and was shocked that it was actually from Kris. Did he possibly barge in her house when she was still fast asleep? Remembering the morning events, she had woken up quite late.

 

Go to our place, okay? 7pm, me and Sooyoung will be waiting.

 

Yoona wondered why they would invite her to such an unknown get-together. She sighed, pondering on whether she should cancel her dinner with Jongsuk or not. She then remembered how she turned down his offer once, and felt bad if she ever cancel this again. And, she still has these weird feelings for Kris, so she could not bear to see him for tonight. She immediately dialed Sooyoung’s number, and waited for her to pick up.

 

“Don’t be late.” She sighed once again, knowing how persistent Sooyoung could be. She mentally prepared herself for quite a long lecture from her friend, and readied herself to hang up first.

 

“I can’t make it tonight.” Sooyoung kind of felt bad after slapping her friend, but she only did that to knock some sense on her. Who else wouldn’t feel the kind of affection Kris is giving to the latter right now? Maybe Yoona’s only thinking that because she thought I’m getting married for real with this boho, Sooyoung thought.

 

“You know Yoona, if it’s all about yesterday, I’m sorry—“

 

“No, it’s not about that. Well, you’re quite right that I shouldn’t just toss our friendship away like a coin.” She bit her lower lip in frustration. “It’s just that, I’m going to meet a friend tonight whom I promised to make it all up because I previously turned down our dinner.” Sooyoung was about to say something, when Yoona immediately cut her off. “Promise, it’s not Sehun.”

 

Sooyoung sighed, and looked at Kris with worry. Tonight, they were supposed to tell everything toYoona. From Kris’ feelings for her to the wedding, they were going to clear it all up. But fate must be messing with them, because it seems like Yoona can’t really make it this time. “Okay, just…take care okay? I’m hanging up.” She heaved a sigh once again, before ending the call. “She can’t make it tonight.”

 

The way Sooyoung said it made Kris feel nervous. “Why?”

 

“She’s going to meet a friend.” Sooyoung’s eye widened, knowing that Kris probably thought she’s going to meet Sehun. “She told me it ain’t Sehun so chill your balls down, Big Foot.” She rolled her eyes, and took a sip on her coffee. “Guess we really have to wait until the wedding date so we could tell her.”

 

“What if she runs away? What if…she does not feel the same way, huh? I don’t want her to get tied to the man she does not love.” He looked away, feeling quite embarrassed that he’s getting oh-so-dramatic in front of Sooyoung. Well, he couldn’t help it since Yoona has been treasured by him the most ever since. He could not bear to lose her, since she’s practically his whole world.

 

“Don’t worry, cry baby. Yoona wouldn’t stick with you for the whole time if she doesn’t like you back.”

 

*

 

“Finally, you have time for me.” Jongsuk playfully said, as he took a bit from his pizza. “Thought someone’s going to ask you again tonight, important enough to let you cancel a dinner date with your favorite oppa.” Yoona rolled her eyes, knowing how mischievous Jongsuk can be from time to time. After all, they wouldn’t be friends if he wasn’t also one.

 

“Actually, Sooyoung asked me to come with them tonight but I asked you first, so you get the lucky ticket to Yoona’s once-in-a-blue-moon dinner date!” She laughed with wide open, causing Jongsuk to shake his head from the childish girl. “You know, many boys are craving for my attention and you’re effin’ lucky to be my friend.” She winked, before bursting into another set of laughter.

 

“Excuse you, Im Yoona. Many girls out there are dying to have a date with me, and I guess you’re more than lucky to go out with me during my day-off.” He took a sip from his cola, and looked at Yoona intently. “By the way, there must be a reason why you called me tonight. What do you want this time?”

 

Yoona pouted, wondering how Jongsuk could know her so much. “Well, you know. I have troubles regarding a boy…” She shyly said, earning an earnest laughter from the latter. “Aish, I knew it. I shouldn’t have called you and should have met up with Eun Hye unnie instead!” She crossed her arms, as she threw glares at the man in front of her.

 

“Aigoo, our Yoona is growing up!” He leaned closer, as Yoona edged her head away. “Who’s this unlucky guy you are crushing right now, huh?” Jongsuk wiggled his eyebrows, as he enjoyed teasing the latter. “I know him, I could see it in your eyes. Come on, don’t be shy!”

 

Yoona heaved a sigh, as her surrender in trying to keep her secret from the prying eyes of her friend. “Well, things got…pretty messed up between me and Kris.” She rubbed the back of her nape, as she lowered her voice. “He confessed to me, and I didn’t know what to do because he’s going to get married, you know?” Her lips curved into a pout, as she took another slice of pizza.

 

If you only knew, Yoona. He secretly smiled, knowing of Kris’ plans. He was actually shocked when he found out that the wedding of Sooyoung and Kris isn’t true, but Kris’ and Yoona’s. What shocked him the most was the bride didn’t know that she’s actually organizing her own wedding! “This is gonna be one heck of a wedding, Yoona. Trust me.” He winked playfully, causing Yoona to be quite flustered.

 

“And, I’ve been thinking about the times I’ve been with Kris.” She sighed for the umpteenth time, and looked at him directly in the eye. “I guess, I like him too.” She immediately shook her head, and blushed. “I know I’m not supposed to say this since he’s going to get married and all, but yeah. I haven’t realized my feelings for him until this time came. And it’s all too late because he already fell in love with my best friend.”

 

“Silly, you. Cheer up okay! I’m not used to seeing you like that!” He leaned forward, as he lightly ruffled her hair. “Well, whatever feelings you have for him, hold on to them okay? They’re going to bear good fruits real soon.”