fourteen.

Wedding Belles

"Oh, Yoong. This bouquet is so pretty!" Sooyoung said, as she held the bouquet of flowers. Today, they were supposed to go to the florist to check on the flowers they were going to use on the wedding. "It is just so you!" She winked at her playfully, as she put the bouquet down. "With the jewels, it would look just fine on the wedding day! I can't wait!"

 

Yoona listened to her friend babble all about the upcoming wedding, as she thought of what Kris had said. How could he be so reckless by saying those things when it's so obvious that Sooyoung is so excited for their wedding! She shook her head as she checked the things on her to-do list, and wrapped it all for today. "Sooyoung, are you free for today? I don't have anything to do after this, and I guess maybe we should hang out!"

 

"Oh, yes. I am free!" Sooyoung exclaimed. "By the way, have you talked to Kris after what happened yesterday?" She asked, and Yoona quickly glanced away. "Aigoo, you two. I don't want the both of you to still not talk to each other before the wedding! You should reconcile, and talk things out!" Yoona did not know what to do, because she knows that Sooyoung will do everything for her to talk to Kris.

 

"Omo, my assistant just told me that we have another wedding to organize! I'll get going first, bye!" Yoona was about to run away, when Sooyoung pulled her arm and looked at her knowingly. "Sooyoung, please." She wanted to tell her that she's going to avoid Kris for the rest of her life so the both of them could live happily ever after, but Sooyoung slapped her.

 

"Are you just going to throw away your years of friendship with Kris? For all this time, Yoona, he had been the one to be there for you. After this, are you going to meet that Oh Sehun again?" She shook her head. "I swear to God Yoong, if you ever meet that vanilla-headed dude again, I'm going to kill you." Sooyoung marched off the flower shop, leaving Yoona dumbfounded.

 

What the latter had said had hit Yoona right on the core. It's always been Kris, who's willing to be there during the times she needed someone to be with her. Most of his times had been spent with her, and vice versa. But, could she really see him as more than a friend? Now that he's going to get married, she doubted so. She exited the flower shop light-headed, and went straight looking for her car.

 

"Aish, should I talk to Kris or no?" She played with her phone, as she battled with herself. This time, she thought that maybe it should be her who'll approach him first. Lowering her pride for the person more important than everything is a must that she would do. She sighed, wondering if Kris will ever meet her. Would he come? What if she waits for nothing? Taking another deep sigh, she started to type.

 

To: Kris

Hey, meet me up at our place okay? I'll be waiting.

 

She finally sent the message, and did not even wait for a respond. She drove fast to their favorite place, and wondered if Kris is ever going to come. She knows that all this time, he hadn’t been able to say no to her, but it is different now because of Kris’ not-replying status at the moment.

 

“Dang it, Kris. You make me so frustrated.” She stopped by an emergency bay to text Kris once again but then she received a messaged and she immediately opened it.

 

From: Kris

Okay.

 

I guess I really screwed up, big time. Yoona wanted to smack her head. Well, it’s not partly her fault because who wouldn’t feel the same way when Kris confessed to her? What made it more complicated was his upcoming wedding with their another best friend, Sooyoung. She shook those thoughts off and went to their favorite place.

 

*

 

Yoona had always loved going to their favorite, which they call their Secret Garden. It is a garden turned into a coffee shop, located right in the heart of Seoul. As she got out of her car, she immediately inhaled the fresh air which calmed down her inner self. These days, she felt as if she’s been suffocated because of the happenings that had occurred around her, and this is the only time she felt free from everything. She walked happily to their favorite seat, only to find Kris there already.

 

“Hey.” She greeted him, and he replied with a light smile. One could see that both of them had gotten so awkward after Kris’ stupid confession, and he swore to the foods that he shouldn’t have done that when the timing was off.

 

“Yoong.” “Kris.” They spoke at the same time, earning a genuine laughter from their mouths. Kris had missed this. Even if he only hadn’t been able to talk to her for a day, he missed her so much. So damn much.

 

“I’m sorry for last night, Yoong.” He said with all sincerity, and that made Yoona’s heart flutter. “Neither was it the right time, nor the right place to say what I had said. Just promise me that you’ll wait until the wedding, okay?” He knew he had something to hold on to Yoona, and he surely won’t let go of it.

 

“Wait Kris, you’re not planning to run away from the wedding, right?” She gasped, and looked at her friend who has a mischievous look on his eyes. “Sooyoung is going to hunt you down, so you better watch what you’re doing Kris!”

 

“Oh come on, I wouldn’t run away. It’s you who I should warn about running away and stuff because you’re good at that.” Yoona rolled her eyes, and playfully threw the tissue at Kris. “I’m telling you beforehand, you should attend the wedding. Not only for our sake, but also for yours.”

 

Kris knew what Yoona had in mind. What bugged him the most last night was Yoona’s possible absence of the day of their wedding. She has a slight habit of running away from her problems, rather than facing them. He was actually quite glad that she invited him to meet her today, to fix the problem which could ruin the friendship they had established for quite a long time.

 

“I…am going to attend the wedding. How could I not? I’m the wedding organizer so I have the obligation to go there.” She looked away, and quietly sighed. How could Kris read her mind when she had been trying not to be so obvious?

 

“I’m expecting you to be there, Yoona.” Kris smiled widely, which made Yoona chuckle because of his gums showing. “I’ll hold on to you, and I hope you’ll do the same.”