7 - The Second Liar

The Liar(s)

7 – THE SECOND LIAR

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Writer’s POV

“Yoona…”

Hyukjae calls Yoona right after their class dismissed.

“Neh oppa?” Yoona responds and Hyukjae can only blush to hear Yoona calling him oppa.

“I-I w-want t-to…” Hyukjae pauses when Yoona gives him a stare.

Hyukjae can’t handle it, he faces the floor to avoid the stare and then he continues.

“A-a-apologize…” He stops there.

“Apologize? What for oppa?” Yoona curiously asks him.

He blushes again for the same reason… hearing the “oppa” from Yoona. He keeps facing down.

“F-for not c-contributing that m-much in o-o-our a-assignment b-before.”

Hyukjae explains and Yoona smiles. Yoona of course remembers how nervous, for a reason she doesn’t know, Hyukjae was when they were making the assignment.

True that Hyukjae couldn’t really concentrate while making the assignment. After all, he was with Yoona for almost 8 hours when they were working on it.

He was spaced out by that fact and the results was the inability to contribute well on finishing the assignment. Both Hyukjae and Yoona actually realize that Hyukjae probably contributed for around 20% only.

However, Yoona doesn’t really care about that. She felt comfortable that time even though she was and is really curious to know why Hyukjae acted nervously that time.

“Everyone has problems oppa so I guess you were in the middle of something that time… I assumed that you had some problem so I wasn’t really thinking about that actually. You don’t even need to apologize. I want to thank you instead… after all, you were the one making the conclusion and that’s the best part of our assignment I think. So yeah, thank you so much oppa.”

Hyukjae blushes again but before he can speak to Yoona again, someone interrupts them.

“Yah Hyukkie, what are you doing with my Yoong. Keke.”

Donghae appears from Yoona’s back and puts his right hand around Yoona’s shoulder.

Hyukjae is surprised to hear the voice and finally lifts his head again to face Donghae.

“Hae-ah…”

He then continues.

“I-I’m just t-talking a-about-t our assignment with her.”

“Ah I see… by the way, why is your voice trembling? Are you sick?” Donghae asks Hyukjae.

“No I-I’m not. I’ll g-go first. B-bye!”

Then Hyukjae runs, leaving Yoona and Donghae, who apparently are the only students in the class now.

“Now get your hand off from my shoulder!”

Yoona starts walking towards the door after Hyukjae closes the door.

“Yah… I’m your boyfriend. Don’t you think you need to be nice to me? After all, you still need your fake ID card right?”

Donghae complains.

“I’ll be nice to you after you finish the assignment! Come on sunbae, it’s not even that difficult to review some journals.” Yoona tells Donghae.

“But it’s your fault though, you stole Hyukkie from me.” Donghae replies.

“It’s nonsense sunbae. Seriously, can’t you live without him?” Yoona doesn’t know why she is suddenly bringing this topic.

She feels like it’s embarrassing for her that Donghae was kicked out from their class.

“Am I embarrassed because Lee Donghae was kicked out from the class?” She asks herself.

“Am I embarrassed because he’s currently… my boyfriend?” She asks herself again.

“Hahahaha, by any chance, are you worried about me then? Do you really care for me Yoong?”

Donghae smiles and teases Yoona.

Yoona is not sure about her answer this time. She doubts herself to answer. She doesn’t know anymore, is it “yes” or “no” the real answer?

“You wish!” That’s all she can say and she continues walking, leaving Donghae there.

Before she can reach out the door, Donghae shouts at her.

“I’ll pick you up as usual this evening ok?! I’ll bring my review as a proof tonight so you don’t need to be worried Yoong!”

Yoona doesn’t reply again.

On the other side, Taeyeon is sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for Yuri when finally the latter shows up.

“Taeyeon-ah…”

“Ah… Yuri-yah.”

Taeyeon replies Yuri’s greeting when they meet in the cafeteria. The two have become closer after partnering for their first assignment. Yuri sits in front of Taeyeon.

“Why do you leave the class in just one blink before? I couldn’t find you after professor Song dismissed the class.” Taeyeon asks Yuri.

“Ah… sorry, I need to do something before, keke.” Yuri gives such a short answer.

“I see.” Taeyeon replies and then Kyuhyun appears from their right side.

“Taeyeon-sshi.” Kyuhyun calls her name and he also bows to Yuri. Yuri returns the bow.

“Ah neh…?” Taeyeon can’t believe this. Kyuhyun just called her name.

“Look, I need your help to contact some of our choir members because I don’t have their numbers, just please text them and tell them that today’s exercise is cancelled. It seems like our vocal coach is sick. Thank you… ah… also, don’t forget to tell them to spread the news to the other members, ok?!”

“N-n-neh… y-you are welcome-e Kyuhyun-sshi.” The shivering Taeyeon replies.

“Ok then… bye.” He waves and then leaves Yuri and Taeyeon.

Taeyeon’s eyes obviously follow Kyuhyun. Being the curious one, Yuri who notices how Taeyeon changes before doesn’t waste any time to blurt out what she has been thinking just right now.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon, do you like him?” Yuri asks.

Taeyeon widens her eyes in shock after hearing that. Yuri keeps staring at Taeyeon, waiting for the answer.

“E-ehhh?” Taeyeon responses.

“Why? I’m asking you, do you like him… mmphhh… that… Cho Ky-”

“Kyuhyun-sshi?” Taeyeon cuts Yuri.

“Neh, do you like that Cho Kyuhyun?” Yuri repeats her question.

“Bwahahahahaha…” Taeyeon laughs like an ahjumma.

“No, I don’t Yuri-yah. Why do you think I like him by the way?” It’s clear enough to notice the uneasy tone from Taeyeon’s voice.

“Really?” Yuri asks again.

“N-neh…” Taeyeon replies her.

“I just noticed how you were suddenly nervous when he’s around and the way your eyes follow him… come on Taeyeon-ah, don’t lie to me… you like him right? You made it obvious before.” Yuri is still in curious mode.

“I told you Yuri-yah, I don’t… besides, don’t you think he has something with Tiffany Hwang?! The two of them are really close. Even if I like him, I don’t think I have any hopes.” Taeyeon sighs at the end of her sentence, making Yuri convinced that Taeyeon actually likes Kyuhyun.

Yuri decides not to force Taeyeon. For Yuri, it’s ok if Taeyeon doesn’t want to talk about that.

Tiffany’s POV

“Siwon-sshi.” I call him.

“Choi Siwon-sshi.” I call him while keeping our distance closer. I’m chasing him after all.

Finally he turns his head and he is so freaking adorable. Ooops!

“Tiffany-sshi, did you just call me?” He asks me and I walk until I’m in front of him right now. He is so tall.

“Neh, I did. Glad to know you know me.” I confidently say that.

“Who won’t know the president of students association?” He teases me.

“So… you need something from me?” He continues to ask me. He looks in a hurry but I don’t really care because I really need him right now.

“Yes, actually I do need you for our campus anniversary event this year. I nee-” I can’t even finish when he suddenly speaks.

“Ah… about that, could you please talk to my manager instead? I don’t really have much time right now to listen because I have a schedule. I’m really sorry Tiffany-sshi.” He then gives me a little bow and a salute, the sign of saying goodbye actually. I can’t even reply.

“Aishhhh, he didn’t even hear the whole thing, how selfish!” I mumble to myself.

Yoona’s POV

I don’t feel like going out for a date actually but I can’t refuse though I want to. In the end, here I am, in the passenger seat of Lee Donghae’s car.

I really hope that time flies quickly again tonight.

He parks the car, no one talks during the travel and it’s a little bit strange actually. I don’t know why but usually, he’ll talk to me about… everything he wants. Tonight it’s different though. He’s so quiet tonight but I don’t bother to ask him why. It’s ridiculous to ask such question as if I really care about him.

We enter the mall now. Yeah, we come to the mall instead.

At our first date, I thought he was going to bring me to the night club but it was just so surprising that he brought me to the mall. He’s unpredictable.

“Yoong, where do you want to eat tonight?” He asks me. His tone is low like he’s… mphhh… sad, I don’t know.

“Up to you, I don’t really care sunbae.” I know it’s not a nice reply. I know I should be nicer to him. After all, he’s so nice and kind to me actually. I hate admitting that but it’s the fact I can’t deny.

These past four days since we started going out, he actually shows another side of him that I didn’t expect before. All the rumors or facts, talking about how he treated his past girlfriends like a jerk, are like a lie to me now. And once again, I hate admitting that.

As for now, I just don’t know that something big is on the way to mess up my life. Really, I can’t predict what’s going to happen in my life since Donghae is a part of it. He makes everything blurred from my sight.

Yuri’s POV



Flashback starts.


“So, how about you? Do you have someone you like?” Taeyeon strikes back that question to me. I don’t know how to answer that question.

“Well… yeah… I do.” I reply honestly.

“Really? Who? Who’s that lucky guy?” I can see the curiosity in her eyes.

“Lucky guy?” I raise my left eyebrow.

“Neh, he’s so lucky that Kwon Yuri likes him. Keke.” She smiles.

“Hahaha… whatever, for now, I won’t tell you who the one I like. Keke.” I .

“Yah… why won’t you?” She begs me to tell her.

“I can’t tell you now… maybe later when I’m ready. Ok?” I try to convince her but I lie actually. I know I’ll never tell her and she buys my lie again. I’m so much in guilty because I always lie to her.

“Ok then. I’m waiting. Keke.” She replies happily.


Flashback ends.


I am sitting on my bed right now.

“I‘m sorry Taeyeon-ah.” I say to myself while holding a photo album, my secret photo album, the one that I prevented Taeyeon from seeing it before.

Truth is, I’m a sporty and friendly girl in my campus but I’m a STALKER.

I really am, I’m a hopeless stalker.

I’m stalking someone ever since I met this person.

I like photography so I always bring my camera with me and one day, my camera captured this person by accident. I just moved from the countryside to Seoul that day to start my campus life in SNU and while walking around the campus, I captured that person in one of my photo.

Then, it started just like that. Knowing that this person is in the same campus with me, I began stalking. I stalk this person by taking some photos anywhere and anytime possible. I’m so careful so no one knows about it. Yes, no one will ever know.

And why Taeyeon can’t see this secret album of mine is because all of the photos from stalking that person are in the album.

So I lied to Taeyeon because I don’t want her to figure out my secret.

This morning, I lied to her again saying that I will tell her about the person that I like. Why did I need to lie in the first place?

It’s because I’m scared to admit that the person I’m stalking is the person I like. Yes, I’m scared by that.

I promised Taeyeon to tell her but I know I won’t ever spill it out. Telling her the person I like is just the same with giving her this photo album. Besides, I’m not really sure about my feeling. I don’t know if I like this person or what but I just enjoy stalking.

I’m opening the photo album and taking a look at the photo… one by one.

I adore this person and it’s not a lie that I adore the object of my stalking.

Yeah, I adore, I admire, and I stalk Jessica Jung!

So I’m undoubtedly a liar. I pretend like I don’t care about Jessica Jung but I stalk her instead. I’m acting like I like “a lucky guy” in front of Taeyeon but actually I like a girl… I do like a girl and I’m scared by that.

Tears are forming in the corner of my eyes that I can’t even hold to start falling.

##########

A/N
I wish I could write a longer one but sorry I couldn't. I hope you'll like how the story progresses later on. The second liar is Yuri! Hmmm... I wonder, who should be the next liar that'll be revealed? Keke.