6 - Wrong Decision?

The Liar(s)

6 – WRONG DECISION?

Writer’s POV

Yoona wakes up in the morning. It’s almost 8:00 am in the morning. She’ll have a class in one hour.

Her house is not that far from SNU so she’s not in a hurry.

After waking up, she can only remember what happened last night.



Flashback starts.

“Im Yoona…”

At the moment Yoona hears this voice calling her name, she swears she’ll be in trouble.

“Sunbae… Donghae-sunbae.”

She manages to reply. In front of her, a standing figure is smiling. He is no other than Lee Donghae, holding something in his hands.

“I can’t believe this. It’s really you Im Yoona.” Donghae replies.

Yoona doesn’t know how to react as Donghae approaching her, sitting right beside her now.

“I almost fail to recognize you with your different look.” He explains, taking Yoona’s beer and drink it.

“You should blame yourself for dropping your… hmmm… fake ID card.” He shows the card that he is holding then he continues again. “Luckily, it’s me who takes it from the floor. I wonder if this fake ID card really belongs to you or not at first. I then search every corner of this bar. I’m about to give up when finally I found you here.”

“What do you want sunbae?” Yoona replies coldly showing how different she is at that moment compared to the nice and smart Yoona in the campus.

Donghae, of course, notices the different.

“Yah, look at you. Look at how different you are hoobae-ah. Hahaha…”

Donghae can’t help but to laugh at the cold Yoona. He was more than happy when he took up Yoona’s fake ID and found out where the holder is. He didn’t ever expect this but sure he’ll enjoy this.

“Don’t waste our time sunbae.” Yoona is nervous for being caught but she tries to stay calm.

“First thing first Yoona-sshi, you’re under age so I need to send you home.”

With that, Donghae stands up and pulls Yoona with her. The girl wants to rebel but she knows she better not. Donghae holds Yoona’s hand and he pulls her to the parking lot, walking towards Donghae’s car. Prior to enter the car, Donghae explains to Yoona.

“Get in and I’ll drive you home, we’ll talk during our travel.”

Yoona obediently enters the car, sitting on the passenger’s place. Even though she’s nervous, somehow she feels like it’s safe and Donghae won’t do anything bad to her.

As he starts the engine, Donghae starts the conversation.

“You want your ID card back right?” He asks.

Yoona doesn’t reply, she thinks that it’s stupid to ask something that already has a clear answer. Of course, she wants it back.

“See, if you want it then you should play my game. It is as simple as that.” Donghae goes straight to the point.

“What game?” Yoona asks for explanation while Donghae keeps his concentration on driving.

“Be my girlfriend for a week Im Yoona, be in my list. Just that and you’ll get it back after that.”

Of course Yoona has a feeling that the game will be dangerous one to play but she doesn’t really know that Donghae will ask her to pretend to be his girlfriend.

“By any chance, do you have any feelings for me sunbae?” Yoona asks again, very coldly.

“Huh, well, yeah… for sure.” Donghae nods but he doesn’t stop there.

“However, I want that kind, smart, and nice Yoona. That Yoona is the one attracting me not you… not the fake Yoona.” He elaborates his previous answer.

“You don’t know which one is the fake one sunbae.” Yoona responds.

“Whatever, play it or not. You can choose and I just want to remind you that not playing it means legal action from me hoobae-ah. Just wait until your parents get called by some police officers.” Donghae threatens the smart girl.

“I wonder if you always play this way, taking advanta-” Yoona can’t finish her words as Donghae cuts her.

“This is actually the first time I use such dirty way and it’s freely given to me… you did freely give it to me Yoona right? And… yeah, I think, sometimes… it’s fun to cheat when you play a game.” Donghae smiles in victory over the hopeless girl.

“I’ll give you some time to think, hmmm… until we reach your house.” He concludes his paragraph and then there is only silence on their way.

After arriving in front of Yoona’s house, Donghae steps out from the car first and then open the car’s door at Yoona’s side, waiting the girl to come outside. Yoona then steps out from the car.

“So, what’s your answer? Donghae demands.

“Fine, I’ll play.” Yoona answers him and Donghae smirks upon hearing the answer.

“Good choice Im Yoona…”

Yoona doesn’t care his last comment and the girl just walks to the gate of her house.

“It starts tomorrow! Don’t forget to call me oppa, don’t forget that you are my girlfriend now. Please send my regards to your parents, keke. It’s sure going to be fun Im Yoona.”

Before going in, Yoona replies in a flat tone.

“Don’t worry sunbae, I know how to play.”

Flashback ends.


Yoona knows that she just fell into Donghae’s game. She’s just trapped in Donghae’s web now. Somehow, she has this kind of feelings that this one week will be the hardest week in her life. She hopes she was wrong though.

She realizes that Donghae only wants to play with her. However, she doesn’t know the real reason behind Donghae’s game this time. All the people already know how Donghae’s dating habit, including Yoona.

He’ll date a girl and then break them in one week for the sake of boredom and in the next week, he’ll have another one. It’s like a cycle. Well, there some weeks when he’s a single though.

“Why would he choose me to play with him?” She asks herself and then she decides to fully get up. She stands up from her bed. She inhales some air before taking bath and preparing herself to face the first day as Donghae’s girlfriend in SNU.

After getting done, she takes her bag filled with books and then goes outside her bedroom. She goes straight to the first floor since her bedroom is in the second floor.

Her house is so calm. She assumes her parents have already gone. She is only welcome by the maid of her house in the dining room. She has her breakfast and after that she takes her favorite strawberry milk from the refrigerator and then goes to her campus.

Meanwhile on Hyukjae and Donghae’s side.

Lee Donghae:
Guess what Hyukkie?!
Im Yoona is mine now. ^_^


Hyukaje reads the message he got form Donghae last night. He’s really upset and sad now but he knows that he stupidly said that he’ll support his bestfriend.

He is waiting in front of a supermarket to be picked up by Donghae.

He just bought and now drinks his favorite strawberry milk through the straw when Donghae calls him.

“Hyukkie!!!” Donghae shouts at Hyukjae.

“Get in…” Donghae asks Hyukjae to get in the car.

“What took you so long Hae?” Hyukjae sighs.

“Sorry, you know it’s always hard for me to wake up in the morning.” Donghae smiles and then continues again. “However, why do you always make me picking you up at this supermarket? Seriously Hyukkie, where’s your house? Why won’t you let me come?”

“I told you many times, I always need to buy my strawberry milk before going to campus Donghae-ah!!!” Hyukjae responds.

“But we can buy it after I pick you up from your house right?” Donghae argues again.

“It’ll waste our time because you’ll need to turn around from my house again after that. I’ll invite you later so stop blabbering.” Hyukjae doesn’t want to lose.

“Fine, you win this time. Besides, I don’t want to destroy my own good mood. You know what I mean right?!” Donghae glances at Hyukjae.

Hyukjae unwillingly nods. “I wonder how can-“

Hyukjae is cut by Donghae.

“It’s secret Hyukjae.” Donghae cuts him.

“Yah, since when we have secrets Hae?”

“Since your house is also a secret place Hyukjae!” In the end, it’s Donghae who wins as Hyukjae can’t give any rebuttal against that last sentence.

“Up to you then… As I think about it, I never win against you…” Hyukjae pauses then adds some other words. “In every single thing, I always lose to you.”

Donghae grins to hear that, he doesn’t have any idea what his best friend really means.

Kyuhyun’s POV

How come having a new girlfriend can be such a fuss? I really don’t understand this whole world. Why are these boys and girls crazy over something like this?

It’s not something new that Lee Donghae has a new girlfriend, isn’t it?!

Wait… yeah, I actually know why. It’s because his new girlfriend is Im Yoona.

“Poor Yoona-sshi neh?”

“Eh… what? What did you just say again?” I don’t really hear what Fany said before.

“Nothing, just… I’m worried about Im Yoona-sshi.”

After all, even Fany has been affected by the news.

“Why do you care? Are you close with her?” I ask Fany.

“No, I’m not that close with her of course. We just had some formal talk before and I don’t really care honestly. Just, I don’t know why would she date Lee Donghae as if there are no other guys in this world?”

Fany explains her reason and I think it’s strange also if the genius Yoona falls into Donghae’s trap. Where is her brain? However, I don’t mind at all.

“It’s none of our business.” I tell Fany.

“Yeah and I have other things to do too.” Fany sighs.

“What? The campus’ anniversary event?” I ask her.

“Yes, it is. What else?” She responds.

“Do something different this year please, not a mere music shows with idols. I’m getting bored by that routine.” I complain about how the anniversary event for students is always music shows. It’s wasting too much money yet it has no meaning, for me of course.

“Then what else? We need celebrity to gain the attention of local media and news.” She looks hopeless.

“What about charity Fany-ah?” I try giving suggestion.

“Charity… uhmmm… but…” She thinks about it.

“Look, don’t we have Choi Siwon? He is well known for his Church-boy image right?” Fany nods her head.

“You could ask him to be a part of this year’s anniversary event. You could ask him to be the ambassador or spokesperson or whatever you call it for our charity event. The object can be some orphanage that is managed by Church. I think Choi Siwon will agree because it’s beneficial for him too. Besides, he’s a student in our campus. What do you say?”

I ask her and she turns her head to face me. She smiles brightly.

“Brilliant… Bravo!!! Omo, Cho Kyuhyun, you should be my assistance for this year’s event, alright?! I guess playing games is not useless after all. Kekeke.”

I’m relieved to be able to help her.

However, I don’t know that this will be the thing I’ll regret for the rest of my life.

“Uhuk!!! Huk!!!” I cough.

“What’s wrong?”

Fany asks me and I tell her that I’m ok.

Writer’s POV

It’s just very recent yet the news that Yoona is Donghae’s new girlfriend has been spread all over the campus. Everyone has the same thought with Kyuhyun.

Why does Yoona want to be Donghae’s girlfriend?

No one knows the real exact answer.

Only Yoona and Donghae, and of course God, who know the answer.

It’s very usual for Yoona to receive the attention when she walks in the corridor, heading to her first class. However, the attention is different today because it is added with some more jealousy and question marks.

She decides not to bother about it. She is in front of her locker now. She puts some of her books into the storage and takes another set of her books when someone whispers to her ears.

“Studying hard neh… keke.”

She knows it’s Donghae, his fake newly boyfriend. Donghae hugs her from behind making her uneasy. Yoona turns around to face Donghae and to let go off from the hug. The smile on Donghae’s face shows a now-you-are-mine look.

“Good moorning Yoong.” Donghae greets Yoona.

Everyone around him and Yoona herself notice how sincere and nice that sound is.

“What’s with Yoong? In my whole life, it’s only my parents who call me like that.” Yoona thinks in her mind. She is frowned but a very kind smile is showing on her face.

“Good morning oppa. Did you sleep well last night?” Yoona starts playing her role.

“More than well Yoong.” Then, Donghae holds Yoona’s hand, leading them to walk towards Yoona’s next class.

Every pair of eyes follows this newly-born couple. Some of them envy Yoona but some of them envy Donghae. Judging from their look, everyone must agree that this couple is very compatible for each other.

They are holding hands and pretending to chat nicely.

For Donghae, it’s fun, but for Yoona, it’s boring. As they see the class, it’s the time to separate and Yoona can’t be happier.

“Later, I’ll wait you after the class. Bye Yoong.” And Donghae lands a kiss on Yoona’s forehead. It really surprises Yoona that she can’t think of anything for few seconds.

“Remember Im Yoona, I’m your boyfriend and it’s normal to kiss you. Don’t be angry, kekeke.” Donghae whispers and right after that, Yoona takes a peck on Donghae’s cheek. That makes Donghae surprised even more.

“Don’t worry Lee Donghae, I told you I know how to play.” She whispers and then waves her hand.

“Bye, I’ll wait you here then. Thanks oppa.”

Everyone that doesn’t know the truth can only imagine how romantic this couple.

And day by day, Yoona and Donghae keep acting as a romantic couple. Everyone will probably think that the two of them are only seeking for some attention, yet those people realize that Yoona and Donghae already have the attention to begin with.

Jessica’s POV

“First of all, I want to announce that there are some remarkable reviews from your assignments.”

Here I am again, in this boring class. I’m so boring to death. I would love to kill if I can sleep but I’ll get kicked out again then… but who cares?! Well, my parents do care. They scolded me last week because this new professor reported my sleeping habit to them. Aishhhh.

“The first review is made by Kim Taeyeon and Kwon Yuri. Congratulations both of you. I give you 90 out of 100 for your first assignment.” Professor Song just started announcing the best reviewers. Today’s class will talk about these so-called best reviews and professor Song just told us that she’ll make a quick introduction first.

“Taeyeon-sshi and Yuri-sshi elaborated about how the reverse psychology method being applied to the children. They stated that the mother can persuade the children, for example, to eat vegetables, which children usually dislike, by telling them that they can not eat it instead. It will trigger the curiosity from the children and thus they’ll ask for the vegetables.”

Hmmm… thinking about that, that’s what the method my mother used back then. How can they get high mark for such simple review?!

My professor then continues again.

“The second review that we’ll discuss today is made by Cho Kyuhyun and Tiffany Hwang which talks about how the reverse psychology can be applied on politics, laws, and communication science. They explain how some lawyers or police officers or detectives trap a criminal or villain using reverse psychology in the investigation. They get 90 out of 100 too.”

Come on, it’s obvious that the method is useless. If it’s useful, there will be no more crime in this world right?! It’s really wasting the time to talk about this.

“The next one is special because it is done by only one person.”

Really?! There’s someone who made the assignment alone?!

“I give 95 points for the brilliant idea of Choi Siwon to structure and compile many journals that talk about how reverse psychology can be considered as sin.”

Eh? Sin? Really? I’m surprised by the latest words from my professor.

“Choi Siwon believe that from other perspective, reverse psychology is actually lying. We lie in order to persuade people and steer them to behave the way we like them to.”

Hmmm… that’s kinda true though. No wonder he chooses this topic, Choi Siwon is a Church boy after all, he hates committing sins for sure, and maybe including reverse psychology.

“The last one… I can’t help but to give 100 points for the review. It’s made by Im Yoona and Lee Hyukjae.”

Who? Who’s the other one beside Im Yoona? Is it really Lee Hyukjae that I heard?! He’s Donghae’s best friend, isn’t he? By the way, why am I so shocked?

As I look around, my other classmates also look shocked. Maybe because they don’t think that Lee Hyukjae is smart, well I know the fact that Lee Hyukjae is a smart student though. What makes me shocked is how he can be in the same group with Im Yoona? Who’s with Donghae then?

“Hyukjae-sshi and Yoona-sshi also compile many journlas talking about how reverse psychology can be applied on business. However, what make them getting the highest points are the analysis, synthesis, and conclusion that they put on their reports. Their opinions about the advantages and disadvantages of reverse psychology on business world really impress me. Not only do they want to emphasize the role of reverse psychology on making profit, but they also deny to lose after practicing the method itself. You’ll know later when we discuss about it.”

Whatever then… I don’t really care because what I care is I don’t see Donghae in this class. Where’s he? It’s true he likes skipping class but this is the only same class he has with his new girlfriend. Shouldn’t he be here?!

“Good morning professor Song, sorry I’m late.”

Donghae says, making such surprising entrance into the class. I just thought about him and he suddenly appears, coincidence?! I wonder.

He selfishly and carelessly walks in but then professor Song stops him.

“Good morning Donghae-sshi and what do you think you are doing right now?”

She asks Donghae.

“I’m going to sit and listen to your courses of course.” He replies.

“After being so late?!” The professor argues.

“Oh come on professor Song, it’s just 20 minutes. I won’t do that again.” He argues back.

“Well, you may sit but I suggest you not to do that because at the end, I’ll send you out together with Jessica Jung.”

What??? What the hell is this crazy professor talking about? Why is she bringing my name?!

“What?”

“What?”

Donghae and I say that almost at the same time.

“Why the two of you are so shocked? You two really know that you didn’t make your review right?! Do you think I’ll let it go just like that?! Now, both of you, Lee Donghae, Jessica Jung, go out and make the review together and don’t think you can come into my class without it. Understand?!”

I really want to argue but it’s pointless as this professor continues.

“I don’t like talking the same exact thing twice.”

Donghae’s POV

"Damn!"

I say to myself as I close the classroom’s door.

Aishhhhh…! What should I do now? It’s useless being in the campus if I don’t have any entertainment or something fun to play. The only reason I come here is only to play with Im Yoona and now I sure can’t.

“Lee Donghae.”

Aigooo… what’s this? I ignore the call as I hear the classroom’s door being opened and closed again.

“Yah, Lee Donghae, don’t pretend like you don’t know me!”

Jessica’s voice really annoys me. It’s really annoying so I just ignored her again.

“Yah, are you really pretending to be deaf?! Don’t you hear what that silly professor just told us? We should make the review and I hope you can be cooperative this time.”

I can’t help but to turn and stare at her. I really don’t know how can I manage to talk to her again? I break my own promise, promise that I won’t ever talk to her again, when I tell her something.

“Jessica Jung… don’t ever try to act like you know me or I know you because we’re done already and I don’t want to have any single thing related to you anymore so you better shut your mouth now. One last thing, I’ll do the review by my own!”

And then I leave her speechless there.

##########

A/N
Thanks for reading and really appreciate it if you drop some comments ;p