30 - Epilogue

The Liar(s)

“Only the Time who knows how precious and valuable the Love is… Only the Time who can cure the sick of Love… only the Time who won’t ever betray the Love… and it’s only the Time who can protect and witness the everlasting Love.”

EPILOGUE: LOVE & TIME

About one year later.

After Yuri’s funeral day. After Donghae and Jessica started living under the same roof. After Tiffany and Siwon held the successful charity. After Taeyeon decided to dedicate herself for taking care of Kyuhyun. After Yoona went to Harvard as an exchange student. And after Eunhyuk decided to move on.

Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Siwon finally graduated from SNU.

Choi Siwon continues being an actor. His past tragedy doesn’t affect his career that much. He is really a Church boy right now. Every morning, he’ll wake up with a worship song. Then he’ll read his bible before taking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. He even formed a group of worship with some of his celebrity friends several months ago. Through this group, he has made a lot of charities and good deeds. Not for the fame of course but to satisfy his needs to help the others. No more lies as of now, he is really your religious boy.

Nothing much changed in Lee Donghae’s life after graduating. He was already a CEO and still is. He just spent his time in the office more right now and finally he is being recognized as this most successful young executive in South Korea. His parents reunited again. Hiding them in one place turned to be a great decision to make them reconcile. His parents live in his grandparents’ mansion. His parents start running their own business and Donghae learns how to love them little by little.

Talking about Lee Hyukjae aka Eunhyuk, it took nearly two months for him to be able to gain his confidence and willpower after the incident, with the help from his bestfriend who persistently visited and scolded him of course. Eunhyuk then had dismissed his father’s organization, in a way that all of the illegal tradings and dirty jobs were all canceled. Eunhyuk couldn’t risk all the members’ life who had served his father for quite a long time though. It’s his destiny to be a mafia and he takes the responsibility. He is running the organization as the leader right now.

However, as mentioned before, he doesn’t do dirty jobs or crimes. Rather than trading illegally, distributing drugs, bullying people, and so on, Eunhyuk opts to direct s to provide security in their areas and districts. People then start to distinct him from his father’s shadow. He runs the organization’s restaurants, night clubs, and other shops very well. He’ll get trouble sometimes with the police because he is still labeled as a gangster even when he doesn’t do anything bad. In the end, he is still very shy and selfless.

Tiffany, Jessica, and Taeyeon are now in their last year of their respective field of studies.

Kim Taeyeon is working really hard to achieve her dream to become a musical actress. Her father was discharged from the hospital. Her family decided to continue the therapy at home by doing what the doctors had told them. However, Taeyeon still goes to the hospital because there is someone who needs her there. Even though every single new day she needs to introduce herself again to her father, which is really hurting actually, Taeyeon faces every day with a smile.

For Jessica Jung, as much as she wants to move on, she finds herself just can’t. She still has some nightmares about Kwon Yuri. It’s still haunting her. She still can’t forgive herself even after one year. It turns out to be harder than she had expected before. The memories of being saved by and being mean to Yuri torture her much to her frustration. Letting go is hard and sometimes holding on is even harder but for Jessica, moving on is still the hardest.

Even so, she has changed so much. Jessica is really socializing right now. Well, you’ll find her hanging out with Jino most of the time. Jino entered the campus this year and Jessica is already close to him so they develop a noona-dongsaeng relationship. Since she is the president’s daughter, everyone is actually curious about her. Thus, in spite of finding it really hard to make friends at first, Jessica can finally adapt in the more lively circumstances with her classmates.

Tiffany Hwang had stepped down as the chief of students association. She is a normal student right now like everyone else. However, her body is hunger for activities so she helps her lover’s charities and even somewhat becomes his manager by deciding on what clothes he should wear or what words he should and shouldn’t say in the shows and interviews. Tiffany’s father had become better and better and finally finished the therapy. The psychological disorder may not be cured 100% by until today, there’s no more violence in their house.

Kyuhyun and Yoona possess much more differences right now. 

Cho Kyuhyun, physically, has been skinnier for his chemotherapy and medicines. About 3 months after the musical performance, Kyuhyun withdrew from SNU because he couldn’t continue studying anymore with his deteriorating condition. It’s considered amazing actually to see him survive until today. His strong will to continue living has been really helping him to fight the cancer. He is also bald now because of the same reason so he always wears a skull cap like every other cancer patients would wear. One thing is he never cries. People around him always cry and look sad but Kyuhyun never shows his tears and sadness. He is your optimistic gamer ever.

Im Yoona had come back to SNU a week or so ago. She just finished her one year exchange program with completely wonderful results. She got offered the MBA scholarships there but she doesn’t decide yet whether to take it or not. She has started a new life since she went to Harvard. She never went to the night club again. She even burnt her fake id card. She thought this rebellious girl was the real her but she realized that it was just an escape. Her true self is after all this cool, laid back, smart, tough, and maybe mysterious girl.

She is determined to start all over again in SNU. She’ll be herself, with or without friends. She’ll just let people decide whether they want to be her friends or not. She really doesn’t care if people disliking her because of her true personality. She just doesn’t want to fake it anymore. She won’t be this sweet, caring, and ever-smiling girl just because she wants people to like her. She now believes that true friends are those who like her the way she is, not the way they want her to be. She wants to be liked for who she really is.

And today… yes it’s today that will mark the turning point. From the past to the present and then to the future… the time has surely witnessed everything for these people. 

With or without knowing it, the time has always been watching over them. The time never forgets to do its important task of protecting the love. The time never misses even just one day. The time never skips even just one second.

Never.

Blanket
Posted Image

Donghae and Jessica are sleeping comfortably in their room. Donghae hugs Jessica from her back and provide the warmth for her. Just by looking at how intimate this couple right now, people won’t believe that they just had a very big arguments last night. That was not the first time though. They have been argued a lot. Yes, a lot but it’s normal if you love each other. Sometimes, you need to fight to be able to know that you really love someone. They always fight but they always find their way back into love. They simply can’t resist the flow of love inside their hearts.

So, what are the reasons of this fight? Of course it’s not because Jessica at cooking.

Many things can be the answers but to make it short, it’s because of Jessica’s frustration and Donghae’s impatience. Jessica can’t really move on until now. When she was alone, she found herself crying again. The thought of Yuri can’t really go away. She can’t get rid herself from this. She is frustrated and depressed. She is lost to the point where she forgets that she has Donghae by her side sometimes. As for Donghae, he acted cool about it at first but lately, he just can’t really be patient anymore. He hates seeing Jessica like that, hopeless and always sad.

Put them together, it’s actually not a healthy relationship anymore. They still trust and love each other for sure and people say that trust is the most important thing in every relationship. However, even with this trust, they keep fighting and fighting and eventually Jessica decided to break up, more like a temporary break for her.

Well, this was the reason why they fought last night. The breaking up. And again, not that kind of breaking up though, more like taking time to soothe themselves. Jessica was the one coming up with the decision and Donghae of course disagreed with it.

“Beep beep beep beep!”

Donghae is disturbed by the morning alarm. He lazily opens his eyes. He finds the alarm clock and then he decides to snooze it. He goes back to sleep after that. About 5 minutes later, the alarm is beeping again and it gets louder and louder. Donghae unwillingly reaches out the alarm clock and turns it off.

He hates that this morning has finally come. He hates breaking up with and saying goodbye to Jessica after this morning.

He puts the alarm clock on the bedside table again and he goes to hug Jessica who doesn’t even budge because of that alarm. Donghae rests his chin on Jessica’s shoulder and he whispers.

“Sica… I hate to say this but it’s morning already… wake up…” 

Of course Jessica doesn’t reply.

“Yah… you’ll be late if you don’t wake up now… I’ll be late as well… we’ll be late… what time is your flight by the way?” Donghae asks and again no answer from Jessica but Donghae doesn’t mind at all because Jessica’s body is perfectly fit in his embrace and he enjoys it.

“Jessica… have you packed your things?” Donghae asks again only to get no other reply.

“Fine, I take a cucumber and bring it here if you don’t wake up now.” Donghae threatens and it succeeds at opening Jessica’s eyes, in a bad way. 

Suddenly, Jessica shrugs her shoulder to force Donghae’s chin away so she can turn and face Donghae. Once their eyes meet, Jessica gives a very deep stare. Seriously, if a glare can kill, Donghae may be died right now.

“Araso, araso, araso… I’m just kidding Sica-yah. Don’t kill me with your glare, kekeke. Nah… wake up and take a bath.” Donghae playfully hits Jessica with the cushion.

“After you oppa…” Jessica mumbles, still rubbing her eyes. She really doesn’t want to wake up actually.

“Aishhhh… look at this girl.” Donghae gives in though. He gets up from the bed and adds “While I’m taking a bath, pack your things… ok?” and Jessica replies with “Neh…” in a very lazy tone.

Donghae picks the clothes he’ll wear and before going into the bathroom, he reminds Jessica something.

“Don’t sleep again Sica-yah.” He is facing her while saying this and he only goes to the bathroom after getting the nod from Jessica.

Jessica is about to sleep again but when she is about to close her eyes, Donghae suddenly opens the bathroom door, surprising the girl and she automatically wakes up. Donghae laughs really hard for catching Jessica trying to sleep again.

“Hahahahaha… yah told you to pack, hahaha!” Donghae can’t stop laughing and Jessica says “You are so annoying oppa…” before Donghae really takes a bath.

Actually, Jessica really thinks about continuing her sleep. She really won’t wake up that easy. So, while Donghae is taking a bath, Jessica sleeps again. When Donghae comes out from the bathroom, he goes beyond surprised to see his “ex-girlfriend” still sleeps. However, he can only smile. He is approaching Jessica who sleeps almost at the edge of the bed. Donghae sits on the carpet and faces Jessica. They are facing each other now.

It’s sad for him to break up but he believes that it is for their own goods. He finally understands that Jessica needs more time to move on. Jessica needs a break from their relationship. Jessica told Donghae last night that she’ll go to USA to live with her grandparents and take some temporary leaves from the campus. She told him that she needs to refresh herself. She also told him that it’s not like she is running away from the past but she just really needs the time to be alone. She wanted to move on with her very own strength. That also meant she wanted a breakup because a long distance relationship would be hard for her.

Donghae of course was superbly against the idea and he insisted that everything was so much better if they stay together and that’s why they had this big argument last night. In the end, Donghae gave up because he realized that Jessica won’t change her decision. Pushing her would only bring more troubles so he agreed. He agreed because he loves her and will support her. On the side note, it seems like Jessica will look for her mother as well so he could only agree.

He almost cries again right now as he observes the sleeping beauty but he manages to stay strong. Jessica is bothered by Donghae’s presence. She can feel it but she pretends to sleep. Donghae notices that Jessica is bothered and actually awake right now. Donghae then teases Jessica to wake her up.

“Yah… how can you look so appealing even when you are sleeping? Keke…” Said Donghae.

It sounds really cheesy for Jessica and she tries her best not to laugh but in the end she gives up. She opens her eyes and laughs because of Donghae’s sweet silly talk.

“Hahahaha… oppa, when will you stop being so cheesy in the morning?” Jessica gets up and Donghae stands up.

“When you start getting up at proper time.” Donghae responds and guides the girl to get into the bathroom and that’s when Jessica notices that Donghae is wearing their couple t-shirt she bought in SPAO a year ago. She smiles at Donghae and before taking the bath, she begs Dongha to pack her things.

“Oppa… help me packing neh…?” She pouts and Donghae can’t believe that just by looking at her pout, he can agree instantly. “Neh.” Donghae says and pinches Jessica’s cheek. Jessica smiles again and says “Thank you…” very sweetly before finally going into the bathroom.

While Donghae is packing, Jessica shouts from the bathroom. “Donghae-oppa!!! Don’t forget to pack my dark brown blanket!” and Donghae only says “Neh!!!” to reply. Donghae gets the blanket from the clothes closet and after thinking about it for a while, he remembers that this blanket is the one that he gave to Jessica when Jessica heard her parents’s quarrel many years ago.

“She still keeps it? Keke” Donghae smiles he is very happy to know about it.



Ten years ago.

On the day of Donghae’s grandparents funeral day. On the day when Donghae will meet Eunhyuk as Hyukjae for the first time.

A car stops in the road. Three persons are in the car including the driver. However, the other two persons don’t step out from the car. They’re just watching the funeral.

It’s the funeral day for Donghae’s grandparents.

“Dad, why don’t we go there and comfort Donghae-oppa?”

Little Jessica asks her father. They are the people inside the car.

“Donghae must be very sad now Jessie… it will only make him saddened if we go there and cried along. It’s better to let him be alone. He needs time to adjust himself for losing his grandparents.”

Jessica’s dad is lying of course. He’s just afraid that Jessica will know the truth.

“But dad, it will be harder without us beside him, right?” Jessica pleads.

“I’m sorry Jessie. I’m really sorry but I beg you to just wacth from here. Ok?!”

Jessica doesn’t reply. She just keeps looking through the closed window until all the people in black scattered around when they are going home. When finally Donghae is going home too, Jessica and her dad step out from the car and head to the tomb.




Jessica and Donghae are now in the car. Donghae parks the car near Yuri’s graveyard and it’s coincidentally near Donghae’s grandparents’ graveyard as well. Donghae had told Jessica everything of course and even it’s still hard for Donghae to forget about it, he finds himself calmer right now about this problem.

“It’s a bit nostalgic for me.” Jessica speaks in a low tone. Donghae doesn’t respond. He is just waiting for Jessica to continue.

“Ten years ago, I was in the car as well, crying like hell… seeing you on your grandparents’ funeral day. It was so sad that my dad didn’t allow me to show up in front of you that day.” Jessica once again can’t control her emotion.

“Right now, the feeling is just the same. It really hurts… while there’s no one to prevent me to show up and to go to there this time… the person whom I want to see right now is the one whose name is on the tomb instead. After all… the results are just the same… I couldn’t see you that time and I also can’t see her right now…” Jessica bursts out. Her tears are just too much to handle so she gives up. She let them fall.

Donghae hold Jessica’s hand. He really wants to say that it’s ok to cry because she has him but he knows that he shouldn’t. He should help the girl to move on even without him beside her.

“Jessica… if you don’t start now and step forward… you’ll end up always being in the same place…” Donghae tries to comfort but Jessica is still unstable that she can’t really accept that suggestion.

“But it’s hard for me to forget about it oppa… it’s still so hard…” Jessica wipes her tears but they just keep coming down.

“Then don’t forget about her! If it’s hard for you then don’t try to forget… If it’s harder to forget than to keep, then keep it with you. Moving on doesn’t only mean leaving or forgetting Sica-yah… but carrying it with you… If you can’t forget it then just carry it. It can even make you stronger actually when you think you are getting weaker by it. All you need to do is looking for the lesson. Learn it and then move on… with or without the past!”

Donghae voices up. He faces Jessica and he tightens his grip on her hand.

Jessica can only continue crying. Somehow, she understands what Donghae means this time. She really loves that man and she really feels guilty to take this decision but she really needs to and no one can change her decision.

Donghae can’t say anything else after that. Both are speechless and Donghae is only waiting for Jessica to stop crying and be ready for their goodbye.

Once Jessica is ready and stops crying, she decides to step out from the car. Donghae helps by opening the door on Jessica’s side. Donghae takes her one small suitcase from the car’s baggage and puts it down on the pavements where Jessica will walk on towards Yuri’s graveyard. Jessica decides to visit the graveyard before fyling to America.

Donghae and Jessica are facing each other and they can see determination on each other’s face.

“So, I guess this is goodbye then…” Donghae speaks up. He is amazed that his voice doesn’t crack up.

“I’m relieved that you can be so calm oppa. I actually thought that you’ll be so angry and furious.” Jessica replies.

“If you don’t love me then I guess you’ll be staying with me Sica-yah. Real lovers won’t be afraid to tell you what you may not want to hear when it’s needed. It really hurts but since you are just being honest… even if this is not what I want from you… I guess I can cope with it because I know you love me.” Donghae reasons out.

“Then what if I fall in love with another person during our breakup?” Jessica questions him and Donghae only giggles.

“Kekeke… are you sure about that? Didn’t I just tell you that I’m letting you go because I know you love me so much, that I know you’ll just come back to me when you have moved on?” Donghae shows off his confidence because he fully knows that he was right.

“But how about you then? You may fall in love with another person, right? We’re always fighting and you were a playboy after all.” Jessica waits for the answer and she gets it so quickly.

“Yah… I’d rather fight with you than sleep with other girls!” Donghae convinces her and Jessica smiles.

Donghae then adds “For so many years you’ve been waiting for me to come back to you… I’ll wait for the same amount of years if it is required. I’ll wait even longer if you want until you come back. I’ll wait because I know you worth the wait… simply because I love you too much.”

Jessica smiles again and says “I love the way we can be fighting every day but you always can make me smile oppa… I love you too and thank you…”

Jessica then turns around but Donghae still can’t get enough actually. “Are sure you don’t want me to you to the airport?” He asks.

Jessica turns around and replies “Neh! I’m alright oppa. Seeing you there will just make it harder… besides, we’ve talked about it already and you’ll be late to meet your parents, Eunhyuk-oppa, and Yoona… I’m really alright. Don’t worry. And ah… don’t forget to keep my ap… I mean our apartment clean ok?!” Jessica grins a little.

Then Donghae smiles after that. He is so touched hearing what Jessica had just said. It’s like the confirmation that the girl will surely come back for him and will be his forever. Jessica smiles back and they part. Jessica walks on the pavements having this very clear vision of her future with Donghae. 

Yes, she is convinced that being with Donghae is what she wants. Donghae too, observes the figure getting smaller with a heart that knows he wants nobody else but Jessica. Being left will pain him of course and he is so sure that he won’t ever get used to be away from her. They actually never say this “goodbye” word because they know it’s useless and they don’t need it.
 

Bicycle

Posted Image


Ten years ago.

On the very same day when Tiffany moves to Siwon’s house. And on the same day as Donghae’s grandparents funeral day. Miles away from the graveyard, there was just an accident.

A little girl is practicing to ride a bicycle and she loses the control and unfortunately a car hit her.

Kyuhyun and his parents are on the way home from visiting their relatives. Kyuhyun is playing his Game Boy right now. He is sitting beside his father who is driving while Jino and his mother are on the back seat.

They are passing this particular street and all of the sudden Kyuhyun’s mother shouts “Honey!!! Look out!!!” and then followed with a “CRASH” sound. Kyuhyun’s father actually can stop the car but it doesn’t avoid the collision. It’s a bit too late. Although it’s not really a big accident, Taeyeon loses consciousness of course.

Taeyeon’s parents immediately come out to the street from their spectacles shop and run to their daughter who collapses on the street. Kyuhyun’s parents start to be panic. They step out from the car as well.

Kyuhyun and Jino are left clueless in the car while people are now surrounding the site.

“We should bring her to the hospital.” Kyuhyun’s father then takes Taeyeon into the car. Taeyeon’s forehead is bleeding. Kyuhyun’s mother helps his husband.

Taeyeon’s parents decide to close the shop and all of them get into the car now. There’s not much talk inside the car but when they are waiting the results in the hospital, Kyuhyun’s parents doesn’t stop apologizing. However, Taeyeon’s parents don’t blame them though.

“It’s our fault. We didn’t watch over her.” Taeyeon’s parents explain and luckily the doctor tells that there’s nothing to worry about because Taeyeon is saved. It is quite a serious injury but if Taeyeon stays in the hospital for a week then everything will be fine.

After insisting to pay for the hospital bills, Kyuhyun’s family then leaves the hospital. Kyuhyun doesn’t really pay attention though. He observes the injured Taeyeon when the girl is treated by the nurses actually but he is just relieved because everything is alright now. 




Until now, both are still oblivious about how they actually met each other for the first time. They seem to not realize it and it looks like they won’t ever realize about it.

“Aren’t you too early?” Kyuhyun gives a question to Taeyeon who just came into his hospital room. Kyuhyun is sitting on his bed, playing his PSP as usual.

“I don’t have much thing today so I decided to come. Where are uncle and auntie?” Taeyeon ends with a question.

“Mom went home a moment ago and Dad also went to his office already.” Kyuhyun answers.

“I see… By the way, I heard that Jino and Jessica-sshi came here few days ago.” Taeyeon speaks again while opening the refrigerator and putting some fresh fruits inside. She then takes an orange out from the refrigerator and sits beside Kyuhyun’s bed. This time, Kyuhyun already turns off his PSP and pays attention to Taeyeon.

“Ehhh… they did. With Jino’s girlfriend as well… Krystal… Jessica’s sister. Since Jino is already a college student, mom and dad allow him to date, kekeke.” Kyuhyun smiles.

“Ah… really? I see… It’s great that Jino doesn’t need to hide his relationship then, keke.” Taeyeon says, concentrating on peeling off the orange.

“What about you Taeyeon-ah?” It takes so much courage for Kyuhyun to deliver this question actually. He is worried about how Taeyeon will retaliate. He is worried that Taeyeon will misunderstand and feel vulnerable.

Taeyeon hears the question and she knows where Kyuhyun leads the talk right now. She still peels off the orange though and innocently responds “What do you mean?” and she still doesn’t face him.

“You know what I’m talking about. Yah… look at me.” Kyuhyun holds Taeyeon’s hand and it stops her from peeling off the orange. Taeyeon slowly faces Kyuhyun.

“I told you Kyuhyun-ah. I’m not thinking about finding a new love right now. I’ve loved you and even though I know you don’t love me back… I’m really ok with that.” Taeyeon exclaims.

“Yah, you know I love you, right?! I know maybe it’s not the kind of love you want from me but I really do.” Kyuhyun moves forward a bit so he can get a better look of Taeyeon’s face.

“And you also know that I really want you to be happy.” Kyuhyun tightens his grip.

“If I could then I would give you the happiness but… in the end… I know that I’m not the one who can make you happy.” Kyuhyun starts again while Taeyeon only tries to listen.

“I know you must be wondering why I am talking about it right now.” Kyuhyun pauses.

“Taeyeon-ah, everything seems going really well right now, the chemotherapy and the medications I mean, but I know I don’t stand a chance to win over my cancer.” He continues. “I can’t express it with words, but I am so thankful for your care this whole time and of course I’m not complaining about it. Through your warm concerns and motivations, I think I’m able to survive and live until now, but still… isn’t it unfair for you?”

Kyuhyun gently pulls Taeyeon’s hand to his direction so he can hold it with both of his hands.

“Everytime I see you… coming here… and that means it’s everyday… I become more and more guilty… It feels like I force you away from looking for your happiness.”

Kyuhyun then is cut by Taeyeon.

“No, you don’t! You don’t force me away because you are my happiness. I think you understand about it Kyuhyun-ah. I never regret one single thing about it.”

“But I do!!!” Kyuhyun cuts back.

“…”

“I regret about it Taeyeon-ah…”

And Kyuhyun can’t hold his tears anymore. Taeyeon is so surprised. For a year, Kyuhyun never once cries. Kyuhyun never shows the signs of being sadness about his cancer. Taeyeon actually worries a lot about it. She is afraid that Kyuhyun may be pretending and faking the happiness on his face while always crying when everyone is not around. Well, it seems like she makes a correct guess.

“Why me??? Of all the people, why should be me who suffers this cancer? Why?” Taeyeon can’t come with something to say.

“I always ponder about it. I always think about it a lot. Why me? Why I should go through this kind of life? I always listen to my parents. I take care of my brother really well. I help my friends when they need my help. I think I am really a good person so why I should die so fast?!” Every drop of tears that fall from Kyuhyun’s eyes pierces Taeyeon’s heart. Kyuhyun is trembling and Taeyeon can feel it from her hand that is being hold by his hand.

“Why God let me suffer from this cancer? Doesn’t He love people who do good things in this world? I always pray that one day I will wake up and open my eyes and the cancer has gone. I always ask God to cure me but why I even fear to sleep right now?”

“I’m afraid of closing my eyes thinking about the chance I won’t ever open them again once I close them. And every time I wake up in the morning… I can feel that the fear is getting bigger and bigger… Doesn’t God hear my pray? Huh…?! He is God after all so why just can’t He cure this cancer?!” Kyuhyun isn’t facing Taeyeon right now. He is facing his own hands and Taeyeon’s hand in front of his eyes.

“I try to hold all my pain and tears because I don’t want to look weak in front of my parents, in front of my friends, in front of Jino, and of course in front of you but… but I’m afraid that my time will really come… It really can be a month a later, or a week later, or even tomorrow… or maybe an hour later…” Kyuhyun is sobbing so badly and his nose is so runny as well. Taeyeon still can’t find any words to say.

“I’m so puzzled when I’m thinking about how much misery I have caused to the people I love around me and when I’m thinking about it… it’s getting even harder because I realize that when I die… I will only leave bad memories for all of you…” And Kyuhyun cries even more to the point where he can’t continue talking. He almost screams actually.

“…”

Taeyeon can’t really say anything for a while but later, she finally speaks up.

“Then don’t hide your tears anymore then… crying doesn’t indicate that… that you are weak, you know?! Since our births, it has always been the sign that we are alive… so cry if you want to cry… pour your tears out as much as you want… don’t hold back anymore.” Taeyeon then places her other hand on top of both of Kyuhyun’s hands.

She continues “Tears is the only way… how our eyes speak… when our mouth can’t explain how things make us sad… don’t ever feel ashamed of your tears Kyuhyun-ah…” Taeyeon is the one who is tightening her grip right now while Kyuhyun keeps crying.

“When I told you I don’t regret about my decision earlier, it actually didn’t mean I really don’t regret anything. Me too, I’m regretting everything. I regret that you should have gone through this. I regret the journey Kyuhyun-ah… but I never regret the destination.”

Kyuhyun hears everything but he is so busy crying that he can’t reply. Taeyeon still manages to hold her own tears.

“And about why God chose you, I think it’s because He loves you…” Taeyeon bursts out her tears at the end of this sentence. However, she continues “And therefore… He probably wants you to be with Him sooner than the others…” and she runs from Kyuhyun’s hospital room. She doesn’t know why suddenly she was able to say that last statement. It sounds like Kyuhyun will die soon. Well, she can’t lie to herself anymore. She knows it, everyone knows it, all the people know including Kyuhyun himself that he won’t survive. It will be a miracle if it happens and miracle doesn’t really happen that often.

She runs to the hospital balcony garden and she cries silently there, sitting on the empty bench. She feels really bad right now. She doesn’t know what to do. She just keeps crying in the silence. There are many feelings inside her heart right now and they are mixed and blended that she can’t tell exactly what it is.

She doesn’t know how long she has been here, in this balcony garden. She has stopped crying. She is just thinking right now about how she’ll face Kyuhyun after this. She is worried that she just made Kyuhyun felt like a burden. She decides to wipe the few drops of her latest tears before going back to Kyuhyun’s room. However, after wiping the tears, she can see a hand in front of her, holding a piece of orange and offering her to eat it.

“You left it when you ran.” Taeyeon looks for the source and it’s Kyuhyun, sitting on his automatic wheelchair, smiling sincerely.

No one talks after that. Taeyeon is just so startled and speechless to see this smiling guy in front of her while Kyuhyun is waiting for Taeyeon to eat the orange.

“Yah, it’s tiring if you don’t eat it quickly Taeyeon-ah.” Kyuhyun breaks the silence and Taeyeon finally eats the orange from Kyuhyun’s hand. While eating the orange, Taeyeon’s eyes and Kyuhyun’s eyes meet and they spontaneously smiles and then laughs.

“Want to accompany me walking around?” Kyuhyun ends his laugh.

“Neh, sure.” Taeyeon replies and she stands up from the bench. They decide to walk around the hospital. Taeyeon is pushing the wheelchair even though it’s an automatic one. It’ll be more comfortable for Kyuhyun if there’s someone helping him like this.

They greet every other patient, doctor, and nurse they meet on their way. They stop walking when they are at the end of this long corridor. They decide to take a look at the view outside the hospital through the glass wall of the corridor. They can see the bright blue sky and they can see the evergreen pine trees outside. They also can see the other buildings around the hospital. They can see the quiet street.

They are enjoying the scenery in front of them.

Taeyeon, who is standing behind Kyuhyun, then notices there is a couple riding a bicycle together down on the street, a high-schooler couple to be exact based on the uniform they are wearing. The couple is actually on their way to the school. The girl is hugging his boyfriend’s waist and the boy is paddling the bicycle while smiling. It seems like they are singing together because their mouths look like that. Without realizing that Kyuhyun is observing her, Taeyeon then steps forward to the glass wall to get a better view of the said couple. Taeyeon’s eyes are following the couple until they are gone.

Then… memories come to Taeyeon’s mind.

She remembers how she saw Kyuhyun for the first time when she was on the bus, looking through the window. Kyuhyun was paddling his bicycle beside the bus and Taeyeon still can remember the attractive and glowing eyes, the pair of long legs, and Kyuhyun’s messy hair blown by the wind. Since then, she always hopes that she can ride a bicycle.

She suddenly thinks that it will be perfect for her if Kyuhyun, together with her, can ride a bicycle like that. Since she can’t ride it, she’ll sit on the back and hug Kyuhyun and then sing together.

“Should we try it Taeyeon-ah?” Kyuhyun speaks.

Taeyeon’s daydreaming ends and she faces him with her eyebrows raised. “What? Try what?” She asks.

“Riding the bicycle of course! What else?” Kyuhyun grins.

“Yah! I told you I can’t ride a bicycle, didn’t I?” Taeyeon argues only to get “Then I’ll give you a ride.” from Kyuhyun.

This statement from Kyuhyun shuts Taeyeon. Her eyes get teary again. It’s really touching the deepest corner of her heart.

“Nehhh? Are you sure? With your condition, I don’t think you can even paddle the bi-” Taeyeon doesn’t want to believe this but Kyuhyun cuts her off.

“I think I still have enough strength to carry you, keke. Well, you don’t gain weight lately right?”

Kyuhyun knows it will be difficult actually with his weak body but seeing how Taeyeon’s eyes follow the high-schooler couple before, he can’t help but to do this. Taeyeon doesn’t know what to say anymore. All the things that she knows after that is with the help from some of the nurses she is already on the back seat of a bicycle, hugging Kyuhyun’s waist, and singing “Way Back Into Love” with him, while Kyuhyun is paddling as much as he can.

They are going around the hospital big green garden outside the hospital building.

“Taeyeon-ah… are you happy?” Kyuhyun asks after they finished singing.

“Neh… I am happy, very happy. After all… you are my happiness…” And Taeyeon tightens the hug.

Of all goodbyes, the kind of which hurts the most is the one that ears never heard of but heart knew it was already being sad.

Taeyeon realizes that by doing this, Kyuhyun is actually saying goodbye to her. Kyuhyun wants to make her happy before leaving her forever and she only can allow him to do so.
 

Photo Album
Posted Image


Jessica is already in front of Yuri’s tomb. She is also holding the photo album. Yes, the one that Yuri made for her.

Ever since Yuri’s funeral day, she never opens that album anymore.

She is scared to open it. She is scared to see how much Yuri cares about her. She is scared to feel guiltier so she never continues seeing the photo album. On Yuri’s funeral day one year ago, she stops half way. The second half of the photo album is never be unveiled and touched by her.

But today, she decides to finish seeing the album before flying to America. She thinks that probably after seeing it thoroughly, she’ll finally be able to move on.

She thinks that Donghae was right. She is trying so hard to forget about it but she can’t so maybe she should carry it with her. That’s why, she needs to look for the lesson behind this.

So there she is, starting to open the photo album again. She starts seeing from the middle part.

There is not much difference though. It’s just the same with the first-half. It shows the photos when Jessica is walking around in Myeongdong the other day. Every photo slices her heart. It really breaks her heart. Every single photo is now becoming a proof of how much Yuri spent her time for Jessica.

Jessica’s tears are already falling when she’s about to open the last page.

She wipes her tears because she knows that after seeing the last page she should move on.

However, the last page is still empty. Instead of seeing a photo, there’s a folded paper. Jessica then takes the paper and unfolds it. There’s a photo inside this folded paper actually. The photo is Jessica’s photo when she was sleeping in the hotel in Jeju when they were stalking Donghae. Jessica remembers that Yuri and she were alternately spying so one of them could rest and the other one observed Donghae. The paper is full of letters at one glance so Jessica is curious what message can it be.

She puts the photo album above her suitcase and then starts reading the message on the paper.

Jessica-sshi, annyeong!

Aigooo, it feels so awkward actually for me. I’m so embarrassed as well you know, kekeke.

At first, I actually decided to send this album to your apartment without the sender’s name. After all, I’m a stalker and that’s what a typical stalker will do right? ;p

I’m writing this while you are sleeping and I’m observing Lee Donghae-sshi. I also took a picture of yours and printed it at the hotel lobby as my last stalking activity because I’m going to retire.

Are you happy now? Kekekeke. Or… don’t tell me that you are sad because I’m going to retire? I know it’s impossible for you to be sad though.


“Stupid stalker.” Jessica mumbles and she knows she shouldn’t hold her tears anymore. She cries and continues reading.

Ok then, now I’m going to apologize to you. I’m really sorry Jessica-sshi if all this time I’ve been acting like a troublemaker for you. Being your stalker, I never have the heart to disturb your life or trespass your privacy. Well yeah… I know that you’ll still be pissed off though so I’m really sorry. I hope you can forgive me and don’t worry anymore, I’m really going to stop stalking you.

What else should I say? Ahhhh… maybe you’re interested about the reason why I’m stalking you. Maybe you are already ripping this paper before reaching this part though. But well, in case you reach this part, I can only tell you that I’m… hmmmm… admiring you.

Neh, neh, neh… I think “admiration” is what I really feel towards you. I’m really afraid to call it “love” because it’s just too much and if I say “I love you”, that means I’m going to make you happy right? The fact is just… I always make you mad in the end so yeah… I think I’m satisfied enough to say “I admire you”.

Is it too long already? Aigooo, I still have much things to say actually, kekeke.

If you are still reading then I’ll really appreciate it even though it seems impossible.


“Then why you’re still writing if you think I’m not going to read this?” Jessica thinks again while sobbing so much. She starts reading again.

So, maybe I’m just going to say that you really need to open yourself more Jessica-sshi. I mean, in my eyes, I can see that it’s not your personality to be this cold person. Through my experience of stalking you, I got to see how warm and cheerful you are around the people you are close with. I then conclude that there’s something making you like this. I’m not sure what it is but I guess it’s related to Donghae-sshi, kekeke. Oh I can feel you are mad right now because I was correct… ooopsss! ;p

Sometimes, I feel like you purposely draw a line from others, not to keep them away, but to see who cares enough to cross the line for you. Did you remember how I tried to cross the line? I asked you to be my partner in the first assignment of Reverse Psychology, kekeke. However, you rejected me though so maybe my concept about you was wrong. I know that it’s really selfish but I’m really hoping that once you are able to show yourself, we can really be friends. Ahhh, if you’re still reading, you must be agitatedly laughing at this point.


“Laughing??? You must be laughing right now to know that I’m crying like an idiot right now.” Jessica does another monologue before reading the next part.

The other day, I saw you crying because of Donghae-sshi and Yoona-sshi. You don’t know how much I feel sad for you too that day, to the point that I finally spread the scandal. I really regret what I did though but what cut me into pieces that time was seeing you break down and I wasn’t able to help you get through it. I could only return your handkerchief so you could wipe your tears that time. Aishhh, maybe you already forget about that, kekeke.

Last but not the least, when you are reading it (in case you are still of course), I’m sure I’m not in Seoul anymore. I don’t know where I could be but you don’t need to worry because I’ll be living my life happily. I told all my friends that I’m only taking a week break from SNU but actually I dropped out from SNU. I need to start a new life where I won’t bother you.


And Jessica feels like she can’t read it anymore. She falls on the ground. “Of course you’re not in Seoul anymore… of course…” Jessica speaks, facing Yuri’s tomb. She is sitting on the ground right now, not caring about some people who are there, visiting the other graveyards. It really takes some other time before she can continue reading the letter.

And I almost forget that we are chasing your happiness right now, kekeke. I’m so happy to actually take a little part in it. I must say something to you. God only makes happy endings Jessica-sshi. If it’s not happy, then it’s not the end! So, if you’re still feeling sad, then don’t ever give up to find your happiness. I’m really wishing you a happy ending with Donghae-sshi. In my case, I believe that happy ending is not always celebrated with laughs or smiles. In some case, even though it’s a happy ending, we can cry instead. Even though we can’t even be friends until now, I believe that this is my happy ending because seeing you happy is more than enough for me.

“Happy ending? Is it really what you call a happy ending for you?” Jessica thinks again and it seems so hard to open her eyes because she is crying so badly right now. However, she manages to do it.

Hmmmm, again… if you’re still reading, I’m going to say the word that you’ll like the most from my letter.

Goodbye.

Neh, finally I can write it kekeke. Goodbye Jessica-sshi. You know what? It’s not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow. I’m so going to feel sad but I’m sure I can move on. And you know what again? Because people can move on, it makes goodbye becomes the hardest thing to say. Saying “goodbye” is really the hardest thing because you have to walk away with just a memory and after a while, memory fades.

Yes… memory fades… it surely will.

However, I hope I can keep my memories about you forever.

With love and guilty,
Kwon Yuri.

PS: Don’t you see something strange about all the photos? Hmmmm… actually everytime I took your photos, I purposely put you to the left side or to the right side of the frame. I never made you in the middle part of every photo. It’s my selfishness again actually because somehow… I hope I can be in the same photo and standing or sitting beside you there. That’s why I always left an empty space beside your figure in that photo. Aigooo, maybe I’ll just photoshop or paste my own photo later, kekeke. Hope you don’t mind.


Then Jessica quickly takes the photo album again.

She rushes into every page and Yuri was right. In every photo, there’s always empty spot beside her. Of course Jessica didn’t realize about it before.

She checks every photo again and all the same. Every photo now is showing just how much Yuri wants to be by her side.

She can’t bear the agony anymore and she then hugs the photo and the letter. She hugs them tightly and presses them against her chest.

It really pains her so she only cries there helplessly.



Ten years ago.

After everyone has gone home and nobody else stays at Donghae’s grandparent’s tomb. Jessica and her dad step out from the car and pray in front of the tomb.

They pray… and suddenly, there are three persons come, standing beside them and praying as well. There are a grandfather, a grandmother, and their granddaughter.

“Are you late too?” A little girl that just came with her grandparents asks Jessica.

“Hmmm, no actually, my dad and I decide to pray after the funeral ceremony ended.” Jessica replies.

“Ahhh, I see… my name is Kwon Yuri, may I know your name?” Little Yuri is whispering because she doesn’t want to disturb the elders’ prayers.

“You can call me Jessica.”

“Ehhh? Jesikka?” Yuri can’t really pronounce it.

“Hmmmm… call me Sooyeon then. It’s easier right?” Jessica replies.

“Ahhh neh… it’s nice to meet you Sooyeonie… keke.”

“Yahhh… we can’t laugh in front of the tomb.” Jessica playfully scolds Yuri.

“Waeyooo?” Yuri pretends to ask.

“Because it’s the place for dead people.” Jessica is whispering as well.

“Exactly… that’s why I think we should smile a lot in this place. Don’t you think that all the dead people are tired of looking at the tears and sad faces? They must have been seeing it all day. It will make them sad so I think we should smile a lot so they can rest in peace. After seeing our smiles, they’ll feel relieved and composed for they don’t feel guilty anymore after leaving us, kekeke. That’s what I always think.”

Little Jessica is speechless. The new friend she just met is really different from other kids.

“Hey… let’s be friends…” Jessica can only say this after that.

“Ehhh? Aren’t we friends already?” Yuri smiles.

“Ahhh yeh yeh… you were right.” Jessica smiles back but soon after her father and she need to leave while Yuri’s grandparents are still praying.

They are saying goodbye.

“I hope I can see you again.” Yuri says.

“Eh… me too.” Jessica responds.




If only these two know that they actually have been friends since many years ago… if only…
 

Wedding Ring
Posted Image


“Do you remember the day when I moved to here?” Tiffany asks to Siwon.

“Of course I remember about that day. What I don’t remember is you are that selfish and spoiled little girl.” Siwon says to Tiffany. He is sitting on the one of the chairs in the dining room waiting for Tiffany who is cooking their lunch.

“Yah… what do you mean?” Tiffany is a bit pissed off.

“Hahahaha… you know… I was trying to get your attention all the time that day you moved to my house but you didn’t even try to look at me. You were clinging on your dad. Wasn’t it selfish and spoiled? Keke.” Siwon keeps teasing his lover.



Ten years ago.

On the same day with the funeral day of Donghae’s grandparents and Taeyeon’s accident.

“Neh… kamsahamnida Mr. Hwang.”

“You are welcome Mr. Choi. I’m so thankful to you.” Tiffany’s dad says to Siwon’s dad.

Tiffany and her dad just moved from the states to Korea. They arrived yesterday and spent a night at a hotel before moving in to their newly-bought house.

The previous owner of their new house is no other than Siwon’s family. Siwon’s family has bought a new mansion, thus they sell their old house.

Siwon and his mother, together with some helpers, are moving the last set of boxes into their car while Siwon’s dad and Tiffany’s dad are chatting in the front of the house with Tiffany clinging on his dad.

After completing the procedures by giving the important files and documents to Tiffany’s dad, Siwon’s dad finally hands over the key to the new owner.

“I hope you and your daughter live happily in this house.” Siwon’s dad says.

“Neh, thank you very much once again.” Tiffany’s dad bows to them and soon after Tiffany follows her dad’s movement.

Siwon and his parents return the formality by bowing as well in front of Tiffany and her dad. Siwon and Tiffany make a quick eye contact but refuse to make it longer so there’s no interaction between them.




“Ah… so you say you wanted to flirt with me that time? Hahahaha… am I that tempting for you even when we were child? But when I looked at your eyes before you went, you looked away immediately, you were so selfish too… it’s pitiable you still carry your selfishness until now, kekeke.” Tiffany continues cooking the chicken soup.

Suddenly, Tiffany feels like being hugged from behind.

“But right now I must be very tempting for you neh? You even use my old bedroom right now. You must be so addicted to me, right?!” Siwon says, hugging Tiffany from her back.

“Haha, I use that room without knowing that you used to live in that Choi Siwon. And by the way, I can’t cook if you hug me like this.” Tiffany unwillingly tries to push him away.

“I don’t care.” Siwon shortly replies.

“You won’t eat your lunch if that’s the case.” Tiffany tells another reason so that Siwon can release her. However, Siwon is quite stubborn.

“Told you I don’t care. As long as I’m with you, I don’t need food to live… keke.” Siwon is whispering on Tiffany’s ear.

“Yah… if you are trying to seduce me with that then you fail million times… hahaha… that’s so lame… how can you compare me with food? Keke.” Tiffany is trying to face Siwon while saying that and once their eyes meet, they are leaning forward instantly.

However, when they are really close to kiss suddenly Tiffany’s father disturbs them by clearing his throat.

“Ahem!”

Actually Tiffany’s father is giggling inside his heart. After all, they once lived in USA so things like this are very usual. He just teased them. He just came inside from gardening because he is hungry. 

Hearing that, Siwon becomes uneasy and releases Tiffany. Tiffany continues cooking.

“U-uncle… a-annyeonghaseyo…” Siwon nervously bows.

“Neh… annyeong Siwon-ah… look great as usual…” Tiffany’s dad replies.

“You’re not done yet?” The next question from Tiffany’s dad is directed to his daughter.

“I’m not. Take a bath first dad. You’ve been gardening from the morning. I assure you that the food will be ready after that.”

“Arasso arasso… by the way… help me watering the plants and flowers in the garden when it’s getting shady later. It’s quite hot outside now.” Tiffany’s dad says and goes upstairs. Siwon sighs in relief. Actually, he is close with Tiffany’s dad but he is just a bit surprised.

“By the way, is your dad sick? Why doesn’t he work today?” Siwon asks, sitting on the previous chair he used before.

“No, he is not sick. He took one week leave from office since two days ago. He needs some rests I think. Ahhh yes, I forget to tell you Siwon-ah.” Tiffany finishes cooking after saying that. She turns around to face Siwon. She takes off her apron before sitting in front of Siwon to explain her reason.

“I can’t go for a dinner with you tonight. I’m really sorry. My family from America came yesterday and they asked us out tonight.” Tiffany looks apologetic.

Siwon is surprised in a sad and disappointed atmosphere though.

“Ahhh… is that so?” He can’t hide the disappointment and sadness in his voice.

“You can tag along of course. It’ll be great if you can meet my family.” Tiffany tries to cheer Siwon, knowing that she just canceled their date.

“Sure… I would love to…” Siwon smiles but Tiffany feels like he is still disappointed.

“But you sound disappointed… Siwon-ah, I’m truly sorry…” Tiffany pouts.

“Hahaha, I’m alright Fany-ah… I’m just a bit surprised and yeah… disappointed and that’s normal right? That means I’m so in love with you that even little thing like this can make me disappointed, keke. You sure know that I don’t stand a chance to win against your pouting.” Siwon says and smiles.

Tiffany then says “Thank you.” to her understanding boyfriend and stands up to prepare the food.

Little does she know, Siwon is actually really, really, really, and really disappointed.

There is a reason for this of course.

He wants to propose. Yes. He wants to propose her. He knows that they only date for merely one year. However, he knows that God has sent the right person to be his wife for him. He thinks that they can engage first and then marry later but today should be the day. He indeed really wants to propose her today and he doesn’t have any backup plan. So yeah, he is very disappointed to say the least. 

“Should I propose to her right now then?” Siwon is asking to himself and when Tiffany gets back to the table with two bowls of rice, two bowls of chicken soup, and two glasses of water, he stops that thought for a while.

“Thanks for the food.” Siwon tries to sound as normal as possible now and quickly tastes the soup.

“Yah… it’s still h-” Tiffany is about to remind Siwon that the soup is still too hot but she’s late.

“Arghhhhhhh!” Siwon exclaims and he quickly drinks his water.

“Hahaha… aigooo… Siwon-ah, you’re not a little kid anymore, aren’t you? You should be careful.” Tiffany chuckles while Siwon is sticking his tongue out and fluttering it.

When Siwon is ready to eat his lunch again, Tiffany has already finished her lunch. Her portion is quite little because she’s on a diet. She then takes Siwon’s bowl of soup. She takes it with the spoon then she blows some air to the soup on the spoon to cool it down. When she feels it’s ok, she feeds Siwon.

“Is it good?” Tiffany asks.

“Neh… it’s delicious, keke. You’ll make a good wife.” Siwon exclaims and he hopes he can add “My wife, I mean.” but unfortunately he doesn’t.

Then, Siwon finally finished his lunch. After that, when the weather is friendlier, Tiffany changes her clothes before watering the plants in the garden. Siwon plans to help before going home. His mind and brain are still bothered about the proposal though. He is still contemplating.

He stands on the balcony, watching over Tiffany who is watering the garden happily while singing some random English songs.

“Choi Siwon… it’s now or never…” He talks to himself.

Well, for him, it feels like now or never. He really wants to propose and he can’t wait any longer for that to happen. He then finds himself walking to the garden. Once he thinks Tiffany can hear him, he calls that girl’s name.

“Fany-ah…”

As clumsy as ever, Tiffany quickly turns around to face Siwon, forgetting that she is holding the water hose.

With that, she accidentally flushes Siwon with the water from the hose. Siwon is surprised and he is stiffened. He just smiles in the end while Tiffany doesn’t know how to react at first. She finally turns off the water hose and the water stops flowing out. She goes to Siwon’s side.

“Siwon-ah, aigooo, what have I done? I’m sorry. I really am. Let’s go inside, let’s dry yourself and get new clothes for you.” said Tiffany.

“Yah… do you think I’ll just let it slip like this?” Siwon smirks and the next thing that Tiffany knows is she and Siwon are fighting for the water hose.

“Andwae, andwae!!!” Tiffany exclaims.

“Fany-ah, give it to me, you should get the same punishment, keke. Yah… just give up.” Siwon pulls the water hose but Tiffany pulls it back.

In the end, Siwon wins the battle.

“Prepare yourself Stephanie Hwang, keke.”

Siwon then starts watering Tiffany. Tiffany screams of course, in a fun way. Tiffany manages to get the water hose back to her. Siwon then gets it back again. They are fighting again and they are all really wet right now.

They are laughing non-stop and yeah, this method is quite effective as they successfully complete the task of watering the whole garden. Siwon is the one holding the water hose right now and Tiffany gives up.

“Choi Siwon!!! Stop it already! Yahhh! Hahaha.” Tiffany still enjoys playing around though. The water hit her face and then she turns around to avoid the water hitting her face. She is backfacing Siwon right now. For some moment, she can feel the water hitting her back but strangely, it stops now.

She thinks that it is a trap set by Siwon so she doesn’t turn around. She feels like when she turns around then Siwon will flush her face again.

“Yahhh, I won’t be trapped!” She exclaims but no answer from Siwon. That’s when Tiffany decides to turn around and see the man she is so madly in love with kneeling down on one knee in front of her. His hands are hidden behind his back. And please remember, they are still wet. Tiffany is confused yet she is speechless because of the serious expression on Siwon’s face.

“Stephanie Hwang Miyoung.” Siwon starts.

“Just because somebody loves you, it doesn’t mean they won’t hurt you.”

“And I am one of them. I know it’s easy to say I love you but it is easier for me to hurt you. I mean, we may fight in the future. There will be times when I won’t even listen to you. There surely be times when I don’t even think about you. But please, at such times, don’t ever let them separate us because I won’t.”

Siwon continues.

“Nobody is perfect in this world and you are one of the people living in this world. People make mistakes and thus you’ll also make mistakes but don’t worry. Don’t worry because no matter what, I’ll always find my reasons to stay with you.”

He is actually very nervous right now. Oh come on, who won’t?!

“You may not be perfect in some ways, but for me, there are many things that can’t be perfect without you. You simply make my life complete.”

He inhales again to reduce the tension.

“I remember a scene from your favorite movie. The guy said that he wanted to jump from the bridge as well if the girl he loved jumped from there. If I was him and you were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn’t follow. I’d be at the bottom to catch you when you fall.”

Tiffany is starting to get teary.

“And I admit that I will never change our past, especially the bad ones but… let’s create our future together from now on.”

Tiffany covers with one of her hands right now before Siwon says “So… will you marry me?” while presenting a very beautiful ring to her.

Siwon’s voice is stuttering actually and Tiffany’s tears are slowly falling.

“…”

“Yah… answer me…” Siwon is getting impatient when it takes quite some time after he asks and Tiffany doesn’t answer yet.

“Wait a minute…” Tiffany speaks lowly but then she suddenly shouts “YESSSSSSS!!! OF COURSE I WILL!!!” She smiles and Siwon knows that the tears are tears of happiness.

She then bows to Siwon as the sign of receiving the proposal and Siwon stands up. Siwon puts the ring on Tiffany’s finger but ends up embarrassing himself because the ring is a little too big. Yes, it’s bigger than Tiffany’s finger.

“Hahahahaha…” Tiffany can’t stop laughing right now. “Yahhh! At least you should check the size first, keke.” Tiffany teases Siwon.

“Aigooo, I’m sorry Fany-ah, I’ll fix it later. For now, just overlook it please, kekeke.” Siwon smiles sweetly and he even pouts.

“Neh, it’s alright. Maybe it means my diet is success, kekeke.” Tiffany then jumps to hug Siwon and even though Siwon is not that ready to catch her, he manages to lift her up and hugs her in a romantic bridal style.

Tiffany then takes a peck on Siwon’s lips. Both are smiling right now.

“Anyways, I actually think your diet is not that success.” Siwon says and he fakes his expression like Tiffany is too heavy to lift.

“Oh yahhh! I take that as compliment. Thank you Mr. Arrogant.” Fany replies.

“You are welcome… hmmm… Mrs. Arrogant? Since you’re going to be Mr. Arrogant’s wife, kekeke.” Siwon makes another reply then he kisses Tiffany.

“I~llloooveyouuuusssss~ooommmu~chhhhhhhh.” Siwon says while still kissing Tiffany’s lips.

“Illllllllooo~veeeeeeyouuuuu~somuchhhhhhh~hhhtoooo.” Replied Tiffany and of course their lips are still locking.
 

Game Boy
Posted Image


“Yobosaeyo?” Kyuhyun picks up the phone.

“Kyu!!!” Tiffany exclaims soon after. She is in the roadside in front of her house, pacing back and forth, waiting for Siwon’s car to appear from the edge of the road.

Tiffany is currently waiting for Siwon to pick her and her dad before going to meet her family from America tonight. Tiffany wants to let Kyuhyun know that she is engaged to Siwon. She wants him to be the first person who knows about it.

“Aigooo, you just destroyed my eardrum Fany-ah. Hahaha. You sound so happy? Does something good happen?”

“I’m just too excited Kyu, sorry, kekeke. I have two news that I want to tell you.”

“What are those news that make you so happy then? You make me curious now.” Kyuhyun asks from the other line.

“You won’t believe this Kyu, kekeke. You know what? Siwon just-” Tiffany is talking but then Kyuhyun cuts her.

“He just proposed to you right?” Kyuhyun says.

“Eh? How can you know?” Tiffany sounds disappointed.

“Yah, tell me how can I don’t know if your dear boyfriend came to me with more than 10 rings and asked my opinion and help to choose the one that you’ll like?” Kyuhyun exclaims but he sounds weak as well.

“I see.” Tiffany still sounds disappointed because she wants to surprise Kyuhyun actually.

“Yah, why do you sound so disappointed just because I knew it already, kekeke. So… do you like the ring?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Very! Even though it’s bigger though, keke. Thank you so much, Kyu! I’m sorry by the way. I just really wanted to surprise you, kekeke. I’m ok now so don’t worry.”

“Good to hear. So what’s the next thing you wanted to say?” Kyuhyun, who is now alone in his bedroom, decrease the volume of the television because it starts to bother him.

“Ah… neh neh…” Tiffany sounds as cheerful as usual now. “I was cleaning my bedroom just right now and I found your old Game Boy.” She continues.

“My old Game Boy?”

“Neh, the one that you gave me when I just moved. Don’t you remember that?” Tiffany tries to explain. Kyuhyun tries to reminisce about it. 



Ten years ago.

On the same day with Donghae’s grandparents funeral day.

“Dad, where should I put this?” Tiffany asks her dad.

They just started placing some decorations to their new house after Siwon’s family left moments ago.

“What’s that?” Her dad asks back while moving a chair to the dining room near the kitchen.

“It’s our family photo dad.” Tiffany answers her curious dad.

“Ahhh, just put it on that table in the living room Fany-ah… I’ll handle it later. And be careful…”

“PRANG!!!”

Tiffany’s dad is interrupted by the sound of ruptured photo frame. It’s obvious that Tiffany just dropped the family photo. She is always that clumsy girl.

Tiffany’s dad runs quickly to where Tiffany is to find out the broken frame.

“Fany-ah…” Her dad exclaims. “I just wanted to remind you to be careful… what’s this?” Her dad looks so angry. He’s so mad for a strange reason. “Why are you breaking our family photo?!” Her dad adds up another harsh question.

“I’m s-sorry d-dad. I don’t m-mean it. It’s a-an a-accident, r-really.” Tiffany trembles on answering her dad. She’s so scared. She’s afraid of what’s going to happen to her now. It’s clear that some past experiences about her carelessness lead to something scary. That’s why she’s so scared now.

“PLAKKK!!!”

And it happens just like that. Her father slaps her.

“YAH! You, how many times I should tell you to be careful Fany-ah?!!! HOW MANY TIMES?!”

“PLAKKK!!!”

The second slap lands on Tiffany’s cheek.

“S-sorry dad… s-sorry…”

“Get lost!” Her dad replies, demanding his daughter to get out from his sight. It’s a great suggestion though because staying there will just risk Tiffany’s safety and it’ll also bother Tiffany’s dad mentally… more psychologically.

Afterwards, Tiffany runs outside of her home. She cries in front of her house now. She’s scared of crying in the house because her father won’t be happy to see it. She’s now crying in the roadside when a car passing by.

Inside the car, the boy who is playing a Game Boy is distracted by the view of crying Tiffany. The boy is Kyuhyun and he and his family just got back from the hospital. His father got in an accident before. Their car hit a girl who was riding a bicycle. Luckily, the girl was all alright right now and her name is indeed Taeyeon.

Kyuhyun can’t take his eyes from Tiffany who is crying there. Nothing can distract Kyuhyun from his Game Boy actually but somehow, he really can’t stop seeing that girl.

Kyuhyun arrives at his home and his dad parks the car inside the garage near from Tiffany’s house. Then, after getting the permission from his parents, he decides to visit Tiffany. He approaches her.

“Yah… did you just move in here?” Kyuhyun asks Tiffany, making her gazing at him. She wipes her tears after seeing Kyuhyun.

“Neh. I just moved.” She responds sobbingly and slowly to the Kyuhyun who is now offering his Game Boy, his treasure.

“Want to play it? I don’t know why you are crying but it’s better to play games, keke.” Kyuhyun says to Tiffany and then they start playing the Game Boy together.




“Ahhh, of course I remember. You were crying back then neh? I tried to coax you with my Game Boy, kekeke.” Kyuhyun somehow feels sad. He is really sad now that he remembers how wonderful his life was before.

“So, what’s wrong with that Game Boy?” Kyuhyun manages to talk again even though he is feeling sad.

“No, nothing is wrong. I think I just missed you.” Tiffany says.

“But you came here yesterday. And you also came two days ago. You almost came every day hahaha so are you really missing me that much just because you found that Game Boy?”

“What I meant is… I miss the time when we were kids and playing together like there’s no tomorrow Kyu…” Tiffany suddenly can feel the pain as well right now. She doesn’t want to think about it but she finds herself comparing about what they had in the past and what they are facing right now. Thinking about how Kyuhyun suffers from the lung cancer, Tiffany can only hold her tears.

People may think that it’s been a year since Kyuhyun diagnosed with the cancer so shouldn’t everyone get used to it right now? However, it’s still hard and will always be to accept the truth.

“Kekeke… I miss that time too. We were still very young. We didn’t worry about other things. Aigooo… you make me feel melancholic right now Fany-ah…”

“…”

There’s only silence.

No one talks because both are trying to hold their tears.

However, Tiffany breaks the silence because she’s worried.

“Yah, are you ok? You didn’t faint right?” Tiffany manages to sound as if she doesn’t hold her tears. Unfortunately, Kyuhyun fails to do the same thing when he replies.

“Neh, I’m ok…” His voice cracks and he cries.

“I’m ok Fany-ah…”

“…”

Tiffany is crying as well on the phone. It’s supposed to be one of her happiest days ever but she just can’t be happy every time she thinks about Kyuhyun.

“But you are crying, aren’t you?” Tiffany speaks again though.

“I am, I’m crying indeed. You know what Fany-ah?” Kyuhyun pauses before adding “Sometimes, when I say I’m ok, I actually want you to look at me and say… tell the truth… so I can tell you the truth because I’m honestly not ok.”

“Then tell the truth now… why are you crying?” Tiffany quickly responds.

“I can’t explain to you actually. I don’t know why Fany-ah. Suddenly, I just felt like crying.” said Kyuhyun.

“I always believe that sometimes, all I can do right now is to smile and move on with my remaining days, hold back my tears, and pretend that I’m ok. However, I think I can’t pretend when I’m talking to you. I feel like you know me too well that… that…” Kyuhyun can’t continue anymore and he just cries there.

“…”

“Kyuhyun-ah, sometimes… being strong means not holding back your tears but letting them fall… if you feel like crying then just cry… there are many people out there who is more than willing to wipe your tears… including me, your parents, Jino, and of course Taeyeon… so from now on… rely on us… let us know what makes you worried.”

Tiffany inhales some air. She then adds “If I really can, I would really love to give half of my life to you so you can live longer…” and she can’t stay calm anymore after that. She bursts out the tears even more now.

No one talks again.

They are too busy, crying so hard that they can’t say anything.

“…”

Several seconds later, they finally stop crying.

“I’m sorry Fany-ah. I shouldn’t have made you worried today because you should be celebrating this day right?” Kyuhyun is still sobbing.

“It’s alright Kyu. Nevermind and I just remembered that I have one more thing to say.”

“What’s that?”

“I still don’t know when I’ll be married but when that day comes I want you to be my man of honor. No one will do better than you. So, please promise me that you’ll receive this task. Ok?” Tiffany says while wiping the last drop of her tears.

“Neh, arasso.” Kyuhyun shortly agrees and before hanging up, he says “Fany-ah… In exchange of being your man of honor, I want you to remember that you can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people that you love.”

Tiffany is taken a back when she hears that. Kyuhyun then explains.

“There were too many examples when you sacrifice your own happiness for other people. Well yeah, including me. Hence, I just want you to remember about what I just said before. Be more selfish. You understand that?” Kyuhyun fakes his svoice so he makes it sound like an order.

“Neh… I get it captain. Keke.” Tiffany replies and then hangs up.

After hanging up, Kyuhyun thinks to himself “I don’t have everything that I love actually, but I love everything that I have now.”

He then increases the television’s volume and enjoys the show on there, hoping that the wedding day will be soon, before he leaves.
 

Friendship & Lies
Posted Image

 

Ten years ago.

Yoona just ended her piano course for today. Today is a bit different because she receives her private piano courses not in her home as usual.

Her piano teacher is kinda busy that day and finally Yoona’s parents let their daughter to visit the private school of music once.

As for now, Yoona is waiting to be picked up. The other students have left already and Yoona is the only one waiting.

The 10 years old girl is waiting inside the waiting room. She is standing in front of a window hoping to see her parents’ car showing up in no time.

“Are you waiting to be picked up?” A voice can be heard.

Yoona turns her head to find the source and it is a boy.

“Neh, I-I.. I am.” Yoona nervously replies. She’s not a sociable person at that time thanks to her parents. Her parents also put her in a private class where she’s taught to play the piano alone, without other students.

“Me too.” The boy replies.

After that, both of them are staring at the outside through the window. They don’t talk nor think about to start a conversation.

The boy then is about to take a strawberry milk from his bag when a car showing up.

“Ah… that’s my picker.” The boy exclaims.

“I’ll go first then. Bye! Nice to meet you. My name is Lee Hyukjae.”

Then this 12 years old Hyukjae runs outside, leaving Yoona who can’t even reply a word because the boy has already gone.

Through the window, Yoona then notices that Hyukjae turns around and then comes inside again. Hyukjae appears in front of Yoona again.

“Here this is for you so you won’t be lonely while waiting for your picker. Keke” Hyukjae offers his strawberry milk to Yoona.

“Come on, don’t hesitate.” He forces Yoona to take it and the girl finally takes it from his hand.

“Now, I’m sorry because I need to go. Bye.” Said Hyukjae again and he disappears.

Yoona can’t even say thank you. She’s just so confused. It’s the first time someone in her age talking to her. She’s very happy but also sad that she has missed many things in her life before.

And so, Yoona waits for her parents. She drinks the strawberry milk while waiting and it’s pure coincidence when her parents showing up at the time she finishes drinking.

The family then decides to buy strawberry cheese cake before going home.



Meanwhile, Donghae is on the way to his parents’ house. Little Donghae and his lawyer just got back from Donghae’s grandparents’ funeral and Donghae found himself had prepared again for another trip. Donghae’s expression was plain. Not a gloomy or sad one, it was just plain. He was expressionless at this point. His eyes were empty and you could see the loneliness through it.

The lawyer suggested Donghae to bring at least something for his parents. It was funny for Donghae though. His parents didn’t even show up at the funeral so why he should bring a present for them. However, his lawyer really educated Donghae that no matter what happened, they were still his parents.

So, they stopped by at PAYARD to buy a cake.

As careless as ever, Donghae only sat and waited while his lawyer got into the queue. Donghae took out something from his shirt’s pocket. It was a photo, his grandparents’ photo. He decided that it would be his lucky charm from now on. He was staring at the photo when his lawyer finally called him.

Donghae and his lawyer walked to the exit door and Donghae failed to put the photo properly into the pocket again. When they were about to open the door, a family consisting of a father, a mother, and a daughter came to the cake shop. Thus, Donghae needed to pay attention to his walk so he wouldn’t bump into them. Unfortunately, that happened at the moment Donghae tried to put the photo back into the pocket. Because his concentration was distracted, Donghae failed to realize that he missed to put the photo in. It fell on the ground instead and he just lost his lucky charm.



Yoona and her parents arrive at PAYARD, the cake shop.

When they are about to enter the cake shop, there are two persons coming out, a boy and an adult man. Yoona observes the boy. The boy looks sad and hopeless in her eyes. They are passing by each other and then Yoona notices that the boy just dropped something.

Yoona takes it from the ground and it’s a photo.

Yoona turns around to look for the boy but he is gone.

“Yoongie-ah… what’s wrong?” Yoona’s mother calls her.

Yoona turns her head again to face her mother and replies “Ah… aniyo…” before following her parents into the cake shop. Yoona decides to keep the photo.

She thinks that maybe someday she can return the photo if she meets the boy again.



As for little Hyukjae, after getting picked up by Hangeng from the music school where he learns to play piano, he doesn’t go home actually. He has arrived at this certain house. He is familiar with this house because it’s already more than once or twice he came here before. It’s Donghae’s parents’ house.

“Hyung, don’t tell me dad asked you to come here after picking me up again.” Hyukjae exclaims.

“You were unfortunately right.” Hangeng replies.

“Can you send me home first hyung?”

“I can’t young master. I’m sorry and please wait here if you don’t want to come inside. It’s an order from your dad so I can’t go against it. I’m sorry.”

“Neh… arasso.” Hyukjae grumbles and adds “By the way, just don’t call me young master, I don’t like it hyung.”

Hangeng and his mafia members then proceed to enter the house. Hyukjae knows that it’s another bullying that will happen inside.

After some time, Hyukjae gets really bored and he decides to wait while sipping his strawberry milk. He looks for his favorite drink inside his bag but it’s not there.

“Eh… I thought there is one left before.” He thinks about it and then he remembers that he gave the last one to the girl in the music school.

“Ahhh, I gave it to that girl before but… who is she? I never saw her before. Is she a new student?” Hyukjae is thinking when another car arrives there. It’s Donghae and Yoo Jaesuk, his lawyer. They step out from the car. Hyukjae observes them and he can notice that Donghae is glancing at the car where he is waiting inside. Hyukjae can see Donghae bringing the box of the cake.

“Who are they?” Hyukjae asks himself and then something strikes his head.

One day, Hyukjae visited this house and he took a peek. He heard about how the owner of this house mentioned about their son.

“Could it be… is he their son?” Hyukjae mumbles to himself again and suddenly he feels sorry towards the boy and also guilty because he knows what is happening inside.

Donghae and Jaesuk has entered the main gate and Hyukjae decides to follow after so he steps out from the car. Hyukjae saw everything from behind. He saw how Donghae and Jaesuk get startled to hear the commotion. Hyukaje then hears that Jaesuk asks Donghae to stay there, where he stands while Jaesuk went on.

“Neh… excuse me.” Jaesuk tells to one of the members that Hyukjae recognizes.

This mysterious person turns around and Hyukjae manages to hide behind the gate. After that, Jaesuk and the mysterious person go to the corner of the house’s garden and have some talks there. Hyukjae then takes a peek again from the gate and he notices that Donghae is trying to take a peek of what is happening inside the house. Hyukjae becomes guiltier, moreover when he notices that Donghae is crying silently. After making sure that Jaesuk and one of the mafias have gone into the house and closed the door, Hyukjae takes the courage to show up in front of Donghae.

“Yah!!! You there!” Donghae is surprised. He turns to see who just called him.

“Neh? Are you calling me?” Donghae asks Hyukjae.

“Of course. There is no one else here right?” Hyukjae replies and goes up to approach Donghae.

“Are you crying?” Hyukjae innocently asks.

“No… not really.” Donghae coldly replies.

“My name is Lee Hyukjae, I live nearby. And you are?” Little Hyukjae introduces himself and tries to be friendly. He feels like he needs to make up for what his dad does to Donghae’s parents.

“Lee Donghae.” Donghae makes it short.

“Who are you Lee Donghae? I mean, I never saw you here before.” Hyukjae brings out another question because he is curious.

“I am…” Donghae is hesitant.

“Don’t tell me… you were their son…” Hyukjae makes a 100% right guess.

“Actually… yes, I am.” Donghae finally opens up.

“I see… Donghae-sshi, you know what? I envy you.” Hyukjae bitterly smiles.

“Neh? How come? We just met Hyukjae-sshi.” Donghae is indeed surprised when Hyukjae tells him that.

“You know those people, those people are gangsters and your parents borrowed some money from them and it seems like your parents couldn’t pay back at the promised date so they come here to bully your parents.”

Hyukjae explains and he knows that it hurts Donghae.

“And what makes you envying me then? I don’t see any reason for you to feel that way.” Donghae retards.

“Because the reason they could still survive even being tortured like this is you Lee Donghae-sshi.”

“Nah, I still don’t get you.” Donghae really can’t understand.

“I once heard, after your father got hit, your mother asked your father whether he is ok or not, your father simply replied that he was ok and he would survive because he wanted to be a father that his son could be proud of. That’s why both of them always work hard but seems like the money they make still can’t reach the amount they should pay back. Just saying… Your parents always love you. At least that’s what I think and if you’re curious why I know that… I won’t tell you. Let it be my secret, keke. I’m a sneaky boy so… yeah…”

Hyukjae is then interrupted by the sound of the opened door. Hyukjae realizes his time is up.

“Ah I need to go now. But by the way, where is your school?”

“Eh? I just moved to Hwawon Middle School.” Donghae replies shortly because he is still immersed by Hyukjae’s previous elaboration.

“Ok then. Please remember me because I went to that school as well. I hope to see you again.” Hyukjae whispers before running down and gone from Donghae’s sight.

Several days later, Donghae enters his new school and he eventually meets Hyukjae again. They are in the same class.

“Let’s be friends Hae-ah…” Hyukjae bows and offers his right hand for a shake, smiling his gummy smile. Donghae is startled by the sudden greeting he gets in the break time. The other students have gone out to the cafeteria and some other are playing in the class but no one approaches him. No one except this Lee Hyukjae.

“Ahhh… annyeong, I remember you from that night.” Donghae stands up and then shakes Hyukjae’s hand.

“Let’s be friends then… hmmm… Hyukkie…” Donghae smiles a little and they like the nicknames for sure.




“What’s this important thing you want to talk about Hyukkie?” Donghae destroys Eunhyuk’s daydreaming.

“Hae-ah, you shock me!” Eunhyuk replies. They are in front of the main gate of Hwawon Middle School. Eunhyuk invited Donghae to meet him there at 3.00 pm when the school has ended. Donghae just escorted Jessica to the graveyard this morning. He then met his parents for a lunch after that and he come here right after the lunch. He is occupied this whole day because he will have another meeting later.

“You didn’t answer my question.” Donghae says while standing beside Eunhyuk. They are observing the class building.

“It’s nostalgic neh?” Eunhyuk then says again. Still, he doesn’t answer Donghae’s previous question.

Donghae doesn’t reply again of course. He just thinks about what Eunhyuk said. Sure, it feels so nostalgic to see your middle school building. Suddenly, Eunhyuk hands him a photo.

“You dropped it the night you thought you killed my dad.” Eunhyuk says.

Donghae is just so speechless right now. He moves his hand slowly to take the photo, his grandparents photo to be exact.

“Ahhh… so I dropped it there and that’s why you knew it was me.” Donghae makes some nods.

“Neh. I’m sorry that I haven’t given it back to you for a year now. I actually forget about it until yesterday I found it in my drawer. So yeah, I decided to return it to you.” Eunhyuk glances at Donghae.

“I see. Thanks Hyukkie and by the way, is that all?” Donghae asks again.

“Neh, I think so, I don’t have any other things to tell you actually. I really just want to return that photo.” Eunhyuk then stares at the scholl building again. He then starts walking inside the main gate. Donghae then follows after.

“Hahahaha, so why here then? I mean, you can just come to my office or we can meet somewhere close to your place.” Donghae speaks from Eunhyuk’s back.

“Nothing particular actually. I just missed our old good times. I just want to come here at the same time.” Eunhyuk reasons out.

“Old good times neh? Full of lies, keke.” Donghae smiles bitterly and Eunhyuk understands what Donghae means. Donghae was right, all those old good times are based on lies actually.

“I actually think that lies should be a part of life.” Eunhyuk breaks the silence after that.

Eunhyuk then adds “It’s good that people will lie to you, for you to learn that sometimes, the one who you can always believe in is yourself. Don’t you think so Hae-ah?”

Donghae is caught off guard. Not because he disagrees but because he is amazed by the fact that Eunhyuk is the one telling him this. Donghae can feel that Eunhyuk has really matured. His bestfriend has changed a lot now. They are passing by the soccer field where they used to play together.

However, Donghae manages to reply in the end. “Yeh, you were right but the sad thing is, when people lie, they want to keep you from hurting although sometimes the fact that they tell lies hurt more than the truth itself.”

Donghae keeps going on with “As for now, I think that it’s better being hurt by the truth rather than being comforted by a lie. The reality may be pain Hyukkie, but lies will kill you softly.”

Eunhyuk nods but then he says “But mistake makes us human.” before ending it with a chuckle “Kekeke…” and Donghae laughs along after that.

It’s almost 5.00 pm and they are done walking around the school and now in front of the school building again, ready to separate.

“You’ve been really busy nowadays, don’t you?” Donghae says.

“Not as busy as you are, Mr. CEO.” Eunhyuk shows off his gummy smile again.

“I’m going to meet her right now. She’s already in Seoul.” Donghae cuts Eunhyuk because he can’t hold it any longer. He wants to let him know.

“Nehhh?” Eunhyuk raises his eyebrows.

“Yoona, who else? Why don’t you try to call her Hyukkie-ah?” Donghae explains and Eunhyuk’s feelings are mixed. He is excited, happy, shy as well, even sad, relieved, restless, surprised, everything. All at once, he feels those feelings.

“Sica told me that she had done with the exchange program and continues her study in SNU again. You still love her, don’t you?” Donghae explains once again.

“I do, Hae. You know I do. The thing is… our goodbyes were too painful that time. It was never said nor explained. It was truly painful that I don’t think we can get over it that easily. It feels so awkward if one of us try to contact the other one. I don’t know why. I just feel it.” Eunhyuk tells Donghae what he really feels.

“Up to you then but remember Hyukkie. You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. Don’t waste your time anymore.” Donghae confidently says.

“I think I’ll just hold onto my fate. If she is really the one for me and we are meant to be together then I’ll let our fate to determine that. You don’t need to worry Hae because if it’s really our fate then I won’t let her go again. I will make sure that she’ll be mine.” Eunhyuk convinces Donghae.

Donghae sighs but it actually means he is relieved even though he thinks that it’s better if they just meet right now because after all, Donghae is going to meet Yoona after this.

“You sure you don’t want to follow me?” Donghae asks once again.

“I’m sure. Beside, I need to go to my part time job.” Eunhyuk responds and Donghae can’t force him. Donghae is about to bid his goodbye when Eunhyuk talks again.

“By the way, where do you live now? You told me that you and Jessica-sshi are temporarily breaking up? So I wonder, do you still live in her apartment?”

“Correction… it’s not her apartment! It’s our apartment and since it’s ours, that means it’s also mine so yeah… I still live there, kekeke.”

Eunhyuk can only smile again when he hears Donghae’s answer. Eunhyuk knows that by saying that, Donghae shows just how much he loves Jessica and he is really happy for him. Eunhyuk wishes that he’ll find his own happiness soon.
 

Strawberry Cheese Cake
Posted Image


“Yoongie-ah, you should be nicer to Jaejung, he is a great guy.” Yoona’s mother tells her daughter. Both of them are waiting to be picked up by Mr. Im who went to where he parked their car before. They are in front of a restaurant. They just had a late lunch time with Park Jaejung, son of one of Yoona’s parents’ business partner.

“I was nice to him mom. I just didn’t talk that much.”

“Neh, that’s what I meant dear. We wanted you to be closer with him but you were so quiet all the time.”

“Did you just admit that you are trying to match us?” Yoona raises one of her eyebrows. It seems like her mom said something she shouldn’t have said.

“Mom… please… I can handle my life. We’re not living in Queen Seon Deok era anymore.” Yoona is somehow pissed off. She had alleged about being matched with this guy but her parents told her that it’s just a friendly lunch.

“Yoongie-ah, since when you know how to raise your voice in front of your mother?” Her mother is somehow shocked to see her obedient daughter retaliates.

“Since both of you try to regulate and set everything in my life. I’m tired mom. I’m tired of all these rules that you and dad have applied in my life.” Yoona doesn’t know why suddenly she is so heated. Maybe because she has had enough. She has been forcing herself thus far and she just can’t hide it anymore.

“I want to own my life mom!” Yoona concludes and it shuts her mom up.

“Can you see just how much you’ve been forcing me to do everything that you want? Are both of you blind and heartless that you can’t see how much it has become a big pressure on me to be a perfect daughter the way you want me to be? Didn’t you promise that you’ll try to listen from me more?” Yoona’s eyes get teary right now. Some people who are walking around them are staring at them right now but they don’t care though.

“Please mom… please… let me choose my life now… I’m so tired and frustrated all this time… I truly love you and dad but I’m the one living my life… not you. So can’t you just give it to me already now? Isn’t 20 years enough for you? Isn’t it enough mom? Don’t you trust me?” Yoona stares hopelessly at her mom.

Mrs. Im gets teary as well. Yoona’s words somehow manage to reach through her heart. She suddenly feels guilty but she did all the things because she wants the best for her daughter. She loves her daughter too much. Maybe because Yoona is the only daughter they have.

Actually, Yoona is not their first child.

Yoona’s mom once was pregnant but then she miscarried her baby. If it didn’t happen, Yoona probably has an older sibling.

When Yoona’s mom was pregnant again, Yoona’s parents was so happy and of course they didn’t want to experience the same thing. That’s why, they become this overprotective parents towards their one and only daughter.

Yoona’s mom doesn’t reply anymore though and Yoona is out of words as well. Mr. Im then finally appears in front of them.

Yoona’s mom gets into the car immediately and sits on the passenger seat beside the driver but Yoona still stands outside.

“Yoongie-ah… what’s wrong?” Her dad asks and her parents are looking at her.

“I actually have to meet my senior dad. We promised to meet at Payard cake shop. It’s near from here so I’ll just walk from here.”

“Is that so? Fine then. Be careful dear.” Her dad waves but her mom looks so worried.

“Mom…” Yoona calls before her father starts driving.

“I’m sorry about the way I talked to you before. I’m really sorry mom and about Park Jaejung-sshi. I’ll think about it.” Somehow, Yoona doesn’t have a heart to see her mom down. She knows that her parents are being like that because they want the best for her. She kinda loses her control of emotion before so she explodes a little bit. She tries to apologize right now but what her mom tells her next surprises her.

“Yoongie-ah… I’m sorry… we’re sorry for everything.” Her mom cries inside the car.

“We’ll talk about it this later for sure but for now… I guess you should take care of your life then. You own it my dear…” Her mom says again and Yoona smiles after hearing that. Her mom too, even though she is almost crying, she manages to form a smile. Yoona’s dad is oblivious but he just thinks that something good had just happened.

Yoona’s mom and dad wave at the same time and Yoona waves as well. She is really relieved right now. She feels grateful that her parents can finally understand. Well, she is only assuming about that though but it’s not a sin to feel hopeful about it right?

So, there she is, walking in the crowded pavement beside the street. She dons a very beautiful white sleeveless dress with this black ribbon belting her waist. The dress covers only to her knees though. It’s not that type of long dress. It’s for the sake of the previous lunch.

With this look, Yoona catches everyone’s attention in the street. And as you know, she is used to this kind of attention so she really doesn’t care. What she cares the most now is what she is going to say to Donghae first. She’s nervous and afraid at the same time. She was surprised when Donghae called her few days ago and few days after she got back to Korea. She was even more surprised when Donghae asked her out. She wanted to reject though but after thinking carefully about it, she decided to meet Donghae. She thought that it would be helpful as a part of starting her new life. And actually, she has something to give to Donghae while Donghae intends to give her something as well.

Yoona is finally in front of this very same cake shop where she unknowingly met Donghae for the first time. She especially requested Donghae to meet in here.

As expected, when she enters, all the eyes are drawn to her.

She is looking for Donghae when the latter waves his hand up high so Yoona can notice him. All the men inside this cake shop look disappointed after knowing that Yoona is not alone. Yoona is walking towards Donghae and she becomes more and more nervous for every step that she makes.

Donghae smiles to welcome Yoona.

“You look… just the same.” Donghae says and Yoona takes her seat in front of him. Well, only her hair that is getting longer right now.

“You too sunbae.” Yoona replies.

“I’m sorry to take your time but it seems like you are even dressing yourself to meet me. I should have wear suit probably.” Donghae grins and hands the menu to Yoona.

“I just got back from a formal date with my parents. I’m not dressing for you. I hate you sunbae. Don’t you remember that?” Yoona takes the menu from Donghae’s hand. Of course, she is just kidding with her words.

“Then why do you come here if you hate me?” Donghae stares at her but Yoona is busy selecting the cake she wants to eat.

“Because I have something to give you as well.” Yoona replies a bit plainly.

By then, the waiter has come to ask their orders.

“Would you like to order right now?” The waiter politely asks and Donghae replies with “Neh.”

“Strawberry cheese cake please…” Donghae says.

“I want a slice of strawberry cheese cake.” Yoona also makes her order and they say it at the same time.

They move their eyes to look into the other’s eyes. Both are smiling after that even though it feels a little awkward for Yoona. Well Donghae laughs actually.

“And what do you want for the drink?” The waiter asks again after that.

“Mineral water.” Yoona replies and is followed by Donghae who orders “Hot coffee please. Thank you.” And the waiter leaves them.

“So, what do you want to give to me sunbae?” Yoona breaks the silence.

“How about ladies first?” Donghae suggests.

Yoona doesn’t say anything. She just agrees to the suggestion and takes something from her clutch bag. She puts this piece of photo on their table and then drags it to Donghae’s side.

“I think you lost it 10 years ago sunbae…” Yoona says and she moves her hand back to her and unveils the photo that Donghae dropped in this cake shop 10 years ago. Donghae who always has this playful expression suddenly turns gloomy. He is speechless after seeing that photo of his grandparents.

“Didn’t you?” Yoona adds.

Donghae still can’t answer. He becomes so sensitive right now. It’s not that he is sad or feels like crying. He is just so touched. He suddenly remembers how his granparents treated him and loved him more than any thing. He misses them. He is also amazed that at the same day, he got two of his lucky charms back to him.

Yoona observes how Donghae’s expression changes and she feels sympathetic. She can see that her sunbae looks gloomy.

“Sunbae, are you ok?” Yoona tries to cheer him up.

Donghae is snapped back into reality by Yoona’s question.

“Ahhh… neh, I am. Sorry… just… suddenly, many things strike my mind Yoongie-ah.”

Right at the end of Donghae’s last sentence, the waiter comes back to their table and brings their orders.

“Enjoy your meals.” The waiter says before leaving again. Yoona and Donghae start eating their strawberry cheesecakes.

“I want to give you this.” Donghae takes a carton bag that is placed before him and gives it to Yoona. Yoona drinks her mineral water first before taking the bag with “SPAO” written on its surface. Yoona wonders, what’s inside this bag. This time, once she discovers what’s inside, she’s the one becomes speechless. It’s the grey couple t-shirts that she wanted to buy long time ago.

“Are you surprised?” Donghae grins. He is feeling much better right now. Yoona still can’t find a way to create a sentence as her response.

“One year ago, I saw a girl wanted to buy it but she didn’t in the end. I decided to buy it for her.” Donghae explains. Yoona stares at him.

“But, shouldn’t you buy it for Sica-unnie and you?”

“That time, even though I knew Jessica had her eyes for this t-shirt, I bought it for you… and for him, my bestfriend.”

“Why did you buy it for us instead of buying it for you and Sica-unnie then?”

“I was still blind that time Yoongie-ah. I was still blind by the hatred and revenge that I didn’t think about Jessica. Let it be my sin for now, keke. I bought it for you and Hyukkie as my apology for what I have done to you and him. Well, everything became complicated after that so I never had a chance to give it to you.”

“As much as I want to thank you for your concerns, I… actually doubt about… us… right now, me and Hyukjae-oppa. Even until now, I’m not sure about it sunbae. Should I call him, should I go and meet him, or should I forget about him instead, I don’t know sunbae. I’m totally lost.” Yoona puts her hands on her face and the table supports her elbows. “I’m screwed up I know.”

“Let’s make it easy then, do you still love him?” Donghae asks.

“I don’t.” Yoona uncovers her face and stares at Donghae.

“Look, it is a lot easier for me to say I don’t love him anymore than to explain all the reasons why I still do.” Yoona tells Donghae the truth after that.

“And who said you have to explain them? You just need to show it Yoongie-ah…”

“But there comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book right?” She pauses and takes some air before saying “And this time I choose to close the book sunbae.”

“Absurd!” Donghae exclaims and then moves backward, resting his back on the chair and folding his hands.

“I know it is. Just let’s don’t argue about it anymore. I don’t come here to talk about it with you after all.” Yoona replies.

“But I want to talk about it.” Donghae annoyingly strikes back.

“And why do you care sunbae? It’s my problem and his, right? You don’t need to mind our problems. Just handle and mind your own.”

Yoona grumbles. She’s annoyed as well. She decides to continue eating her cake to calm herself down. Donghae just let her do that. When both of them are cooler right now, Donghae starts again.

“I’m sorry. You were right. I don’t have any rights to interrupt your problems with him. Huhhhhh…” Donghae sighs.

“But please, just take my gift for you. I don’t plan to go home with it anymore. Just throw it to the trash can if you want.” Donghae is eating his cake right now and Yoona doesn’t release other arguments.

Upon finishing their meals, suddenly Donghae takes out his grandparents’ photo he got from Eunhyuk and the one that he just got from Yoona. He puts them on the table.

“They are supposed to be my lucky charms.” Donghae breaks the silence and Yoona listens to him.

“I accidentally dropped this one and you took it.” Donghae points the one that Yoona gave.

“I also dropped this one later and the one who gave it to me is Hyukkie.” Donghae points the other photo.

“To think about it, I lost my lucky charms but I feel like I’m lucky instead. When I lost the first one, the one that you found, I met Hyukkie after that. And when I lost the second one, I finally was able to be with the girl whom I love after that. Yoongie-ah, I think you and Hyukkie are my lucky charms. For both of you to come in my life, I can’t be more grateful.” Donghae then holds one of Yoona’s hands on the table.

“So now… I really want to see both of you happy. You two have created my happiness and I really want to-”

Donghae is cut by Yoona.

“I’ll just wait then.” She continues “Sunbae, I cut you off because I don’t want to be rude any longer. I don’t want to refuse your help so before you offer it to me, it’s better if I cut you here.”

“But-” Donghae wants to retaliate but Yoona cuts him again.

“Please… no more buts. And as I said to you just right now, I’ll just wait. I’ll wait until the chance really comes to us. If there’s a red string connecting me and him, then we’ll find our way to be together in the end. There must be a chance.” Yoona concludes and she pulls her hand from Donghae’s grip, giving him the sign that she really doesn’t want to talk about it anymore.

Donghae smiles but what he says afterwards stuns Yoona.

“Some people spend their days waiting for ideal path to appear in front of them, relying and depending on their fate. What they forget is, paths are made by walking and also running, not by waiting. Waiting for your chance includes looking for it. You should never stay still.”

He then adds “I wonder… even the way you and Hyukkie think about it are just the same. If it’s not called soulmate, then what we call it then?”

Donghae stands up after that and he goes to the cashier to pay their bills. Yoona is again puzzled. She wonders about it. She thinks it’s really strange how Donghae always manages to rebut all her words. And at this moment, she decides to be quiet and just follows Donghae to leave the cake shop.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to send you home?”

“Neh, I’ll just take a cab sunbae. I need to be alone right now. Thank you for your kindness and also for the treat. I’ll treat you later.”

“You’ll treat me later? Hahaha, didn’t you tell me you hate me?”

“You know I was just kidding about it.” Yoona mumbles.

“Fine then. Be careful Yoongie-ah. Bye.”

“You are the one driving sunbae so you should be careful. Bye.”

Donghae is about to walk and leave Yoona but it seems like he still isn’t satisfied with the results of their talk. He once again calls Yoona.

“You once told me that I never know what I have until it’s gone right? However, you will also never know what you’re missing until it’s found.” Donghae waves and leaves Yoona after that.
 

Piano
Posted Image


Yoona is already in the taxi. She is knocking the window with her fingers to make some noise while daydreaming.

She’s really thinking about all the things that Donghae had just said to her.

“Should I call him?”

“But why me?”

“Shouldn’t he call me instead?”

“But I’m the one hiding and leaving him right?!”

“Ahhhh… it’s realy driving me crazy.”

She is debating with herself.

The street is very crowded and the taxi she is in stucks in the middle of the street. She doesn’t care though because her mind is really occupied with Hyukjae this, Hyukjae that, what if this, what if that, etc.

She is so confused now. She is looking through out the window and that’s when she notices a familiar figure.

That guy is crossing the street in front of her taxi. That guy isn’t blonde anymore and his hair is shorter than the last time Yoona saw him. That guy is putting the earphones on both of his ears and listening to the music from his iPod. That guy is wearing black t-shirt and it compliments his milky white skin. That guy is walking facing down the ground and it shows just how shy and humble he is. That guy bows and smiles to an elder who collided into him and Yoona still can see his gummy-smile among people who are walking on the pavements beside the street.

That guy is undeniably Lee Hyukjae.

Yes, for Yoona he is always Lee Hyukjae even though his real name is Eunhyuk.

For few more seconds, Yoona can only follow Hyukjae’s movement. She doesn’t move. Only her eyes that are busy looking for that guy so she won’t lose the track.

Then, Donghae’s words start repeating in her brain.

“You will also never know what you’re missing until it’s found.”

And now Yoona knows what she has been missing all this time. Now she understands why she never feels alright. Now she gets the point of why she is always feeling restless. It’s because she’s missing him after all. She is missing him too much.

All that Yoona knows after that is she’s already outside. She pays the driver while saying “Just take the change.” before and she is running right now, holding the SPAO bag. She finally gets the courage.

While running and chasing for Eunhyuk, she remembers again what Donghae said to her.

“Paths are made by walking and also running, not by waiting. Waiting for your chance includes looking for it. You should never stay still.”

So there she is, chasing her love.

She still can spot Eunhyuk in front of her. There are too many people actually so Yoona can’t move fastly. She needs to jump several times to make sure that Eunhyuk is still there.

“Excuse me… excuse me…” She politely tells the people whom she passes.

She looks for Eunhyuk again in front of her but the guy has gone from her sight. Yoona guesses that Eunhyuk had turned to the left so she tries her best to walk through the crowd. She can’t run at this rate and she is afraid she will lose Eunhyuk.

When she turns to the left, following the pavements, she sees Eunhyuk again. Still, there are so many people walking around between these two. Eunhyuk is slowly getting further and further.

“Eh, excuse me. I’m sorry.”

“Excuse me sir.”

“Excuse me. Sorry.”

“I’m sorry. Excuse me sir.”

She keeps excusing herself everytime she needs to push herself against other people that block her way so they’ll give her a way.

“Excuse me.”

She says again and now there are not so many people anymore. She can freely run so she runs to Eunhyuk. She is getting closer but she realizes that Eunhyuk is crossing the street in front of them and it’s because the traffic lights are red.

Yoona then gains all of her strength to run faster.

“Stay red.” She tells to herself.

“Stay red please.” She tells again, hoping that the traffic lights won’t change so she can reach the guy she’s been chasing.

Eunhyuk has arrived at the other side of the street.

And when the traffic lights turn yellow, Yoona can’t hold it anymore, she shouts with all her power.

“LEEEE HYUKKKKJAEEEEEEE!!!” She’s still running.

People are shocked by and staring at her right now.

“LEEEE HYUKKKJAAAEEEEEE!!!” She shouts once again and the traffic lights are already green.

“YAHHHHH!!! LEE HYUKJAEEEEEEEEEE!!!” She stops running right now because she’s already at the border line of the pavement and the street.

Unfortunately, Eunhyuk can’t hear her. After all, he is listening to the music from his iPod.

Yoona almost cries. The cars keep passing by in front of her so she’s not sure whether Eunhyuk is still there or not.

She is standing hopelessly.

The traffic lights turn yellow and red again but Yoona can’t see Eunhyuk anymore. She crosses the street though. She walks with her eyes keep staring at where she saw Eunhyuk the last time. She arrives at the other side of the street now.

She’s still panting and a bit tired. She is about to close her eyes from exhausting when she sees Eunhyuk coming out from a convenient store. She automatically shouts again.

“HYUKJAEE-OPPAAAAAA!!!”

She shouts but of course Eunhyuk still can’t hear it. Eunhyuk just bought several cartoons of his favorite strawberry milk actually. He is sipping one of them right now and walking to the place where he will work part time.

Sadly, Yoona and Eunhyuk are walking against the stream as most of people are walking to the opposite direction from them. Well, Eunhyuk doesn’t move fast and so does Yoona. Yoona swears to herself that she won’t miss her chance this time so even though there are many people there, she shouts his name again.

“HYUKJAE-OPPAAA!!!”

“HYUKJAE-OPPAAAA!!!”

“Excuse me, I’m sorry.” She says to people around her.

“YAHHHH!!! HYUKJAE-OPPAAAA!!!”

But it’s useless. hurts right now. She’s tired as well and Eunhyuk is getting smaller from her sight. Yoona is the one getting slower actually. She feels hopeless suddenly. Anxiety takes over her.

She thinks that it’s her punishment.

“God, are You punishing me because I once left him?” She speaks inside his heart.

The pavements are not that crowded anymore right now and she sees Eunhyuk turns his way. She forces herself and she runs as fast as she can. When she arrives at where Eunhyuk turned before, she doesn’t see Eunhyuk. At this kind of situation, people tend to just move and keep looking around. Well, Yoona is not an exception. She finds herself randomly running and walking around. She turns at some points and she even passes the same street again but stiil no Eunhyuk.

When she realizes it, she is already in a quiet and lonely street and there are no people there. It’s only her there. She’s tired after going around this area. She feels like crying but she doesn’t want to cry as well. She just feels so empty.

She is panting and only the sound of her breaths that can be heard.

“Huhhhhhh, huhhhhh, huhhhhh…”

She closes her eyes. She tries to calm herself.

When she feels better, she slowly opens her eyes and that time she notices a very familiar building on her left side, not too far from where she is standing.

She thinks that she knows the building and all of the sudden, she has started walking towards the building slowly.

Her eyes are locked at the view of this building.

It’s the musical school where she was taught to play the piano.

It’s the musical school where she met that guy she loves for the first time.

She stops in front of the building and somehow, she feels like she will find what’s missing in her life inside this building. The feelings get stronger for every step she makes.

Her foot feels so heavy but she manages to make a step in the end.

She enters the main gate and she can see that the garden in front of the school doesn’t change that much.

She enters the building right now and she is welcome by a receptionist. The receptionist bows to Yoona and Yoona bows a little in return.

“May I look around?” Yoona manages to ask for the permission.

“Neh. Sure miss, you can look around, the class has just begun. Would you want me to accompany you?” The receptionist replies but Yoona declines the offer.

“It’s alright. I think I’m ok with myself. Thank you.”

“Neh. Fine then, you are welcome.” The receptionist responds again and Yoona leaves the looby.

She starts exploring the classrooms. The interior design is quite different right now. There are more classes. Yoona checks the class one by one but she can’t find Eunhyuk. There’s still one class left and unlike the other class, this door of this classroom is not perfectly closed. She can hear some sounds from the room. It feels like the children are having fun inside this class.

She is really nervous. Too nervous to say the least. She pushes the door slowly and somehow her tears are already falling now. She manages to stay calm even though the guy she is looking for is indeed there. Yes, Eunhyuk is there. He works as a piano teacher in this school. Yoona finally can see Eunhyuk but Eunhyuk and his students don’t notice Yoona’s existence.

“Hyukkie! Hyukkie! Play a song and sing for us!!!”

“Neh Hyukkie! You promised to us before!”

Eunhyuk has about 10 students there and all of them are trying to cling and sit beside him. The kids are swarming him.

“Arasso… but I can’t sing really well so bear with me neh?” Eunhyuk talks to the kids. All the kids nod their heads.

Eunhyuk then starts playing the piano. Yoona knows this song. The song is titled “It Has to Be You” and it’s an OST for a drama. The singer is actually Yesung, the director SNU’s musical last year.

Seeing Eunhyuk singing and hearing his voice, Yoona can’t delay the thoughts inside her head. So many things suddenly come and are mixed inside her head. Her feelings are mixed as well. While hearing him singing, Yoona also notices something from Eunhyuk. How he looks more confident and matured. How his smile doesn’t change. How he looks shy as usual. How he is loved by the kids. How his voice can melt her. Her tears just can’t stop right now.

“Who are you? Hyukkie, who is she?” Suddenly a kid notices about Yoona. Yoona is stiffened. She doesn’t know how to react. She is so damn nervous right now. At that time, Eunhyuk has stopped singing and it feels so slow. Yeah, it feels like it happens so slowly when Eunhyuk turns his head to look at the door where Yoona stands.

Their eyes meet, finally.

“Y-yoona-yah…”

Eunhyuk is speechless as well. He instantly stands up but his left knee hits the bottom side of the piano because he is moving too fast.

“Oucchhhhh!!!” He rubs his left knee but at that time Yoona has run. He notices that Yoona has run and without waiting any second he decides to chase her. He has promised Donghae not to waste the chance that comes to him.

“Kids… wait here ok?! I’ll be back. Just wait a moment!” Eunhyuk tells to his students and then chases Yoona who has passed the lobby and exited the building. Even so, Eunhyuk is faster of course. In just several seconds, he is able to grab Yoona’s arm.

“Yoona-yah…” Both are panting.

“Why are you running?” He asks Yoona but tears have dominated the girl that she can’t reply.

“Please, don’t run from me anymore this time. I won’t run as well. I won’t run so please don’t run.” Eunhyuk says again.

Yoona doesn’t understand why she is running away again. It’s just an instinct perhaps. She manages to voice what she feels though.

“I’m… I’m so ashamed of myself… I don’t know why but I’m so ashamed that I just feel like running…” She is crying even more but Eunhyuk smiles.

“I’ve been waiting this chance Yoona-yah. I’ve been waiting the moment I can see you again. I know I was so stupid to let you go but this time… I won’t let go anymore. I want you by my side.”

Yoona notices that Eunhyuk isn’t trembling anymore.

“But I’m the one who cruelly left you oppa. That’s why I’m so ashamed of myself. I feel like I don’t deserve to be loved by you… I-”

“Just because you’re leaving that time… it doesn’t mean I’m really letting you go Yoona-yah. I know both of us need more time. I’m too lost that time.” Eunhyuk inhales and exhales before continuing.

“The worst part of life is not when people don’t understand you, but when you don’t understand yourself and that was what exactly happened to me that time. I didn’t want to let you go that time but in the end I ended up being a loser and I really don’t understand why I did that to myself.” Eunhyuk explains.

“…” No one talks again.

“I have three things I really want to tell you…” Eunhyuk decides to speak up, still holding Yoona’s arm. Yoona can only stare at the speaker. Little do they know, Eunhyuk’s students are watching them from Eunhyuk’s back.

“…”

“First is, I miss you… I miss you a little. I guess you could say, a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each day I woke up and realize that you are not mine.”

“Secondly…”

Eunhyuk takes a little break.

“I know you really hate it when I voice out these words but this time, let me say this to you.”

“…”

“I’m sorry Yoona-yah. I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for making you cry, for almost killing you, for even kidnapping you, for letting you sacrifice yourself, for always calling you Yoo-Na, and for saying sorry all the time. Please forgive me…” Eunhyuk seems can’t hold his own tears anymore.

“…”

“And… didn’t I promise you to give my answer when I’ve settled the things I want to settle? I’ll give my answer right now.”

Eunhyuk doesn’t need Yoona’s reply of course. He just keeps talking to her.

“I loved you once. And I still love you. Always have and always will.”

And Eunhyuk lands a deep kiss on Yoona’s lips. Yoona is taken a back. She is not ready for that but she finds herself responding to the sweet kiss even though she is crying. Eunhyuk tastes like strawberry for Yoona because of the strawberry milk he just drank before. Yoona tastes like strawberry as well because she just ate the strawberry cheesecake. When they need more air, they break the kiss and at that time, Yoona has stopped crying. She is still sobbing a little.

When Yoona is starting to think that Eunhyuk is not this shy boy who blushes easily, both of them are shocked when the kids behind Eunhyuk starts teasing them.

“Hyukkie kissed a girl!!! Hyukkie kissed a girl!!!”

“Hyukkie kissed a girl!!! Hyukkie kissed a girl!!!”

All of the kids are clapping their hands and grinning mischievously. Eunhyuk turns red like a tomato right now. He is undeniably still your shy guy. Yoona tilts her head to see the kids and she smiles embarrassedly.

“Will you wait until the class is over?” Eunhyuk asks in embarrassment.

“Neh.” Yoona quickly answers and they walk to the music school building again, accompanied by the teasing song voiced by Eunhyuk’s students. When the class finally ends, one of Eunhyuk’s students comes to Yoona who is waiting outside the building for Eunhyuk.

“Unnie, unnie…” The girl calls Yoona.

“Neh?”

“Hyukkie wants me to tell you to wait inside. He is cleaning the class right now.”

“Ahh, I see. Thanks.” Yoona replies and is about to go inside but the girl grabs her arm.

“Do you love him?”

“Ehhh? Why are you asking me so bluntly pretty girl?” Yoona pats the girl’s head.

“Aniyo… I just want to remind you that you have so many competitors, keke.”

“Hahaha…” Yoona laughs along and she is squatting in front of the girl.

“Hyukkie gives me this strawberry milk so he must have fallen inlove with me. You don’t stand a chance unnie so you better give up before your heart is broken.” The girl says again and Yoona can only smile and pat the girl’s head again.

“Aigoooo… do you even know how to spell love?” Yoona emphasizes her last word.

“Love? Hyukkie said we can’t spell love unnie… we feel it instead. Don’t you know that?”

Yoona is surprised to hear the answer.

“Neh… I’m sorry I don’t know about it. Thanks for telling me. Are you going home now?”

“Yeh… that’s my home actually.” The little girl points the home in front of the music school building and then she waves her goodbye to Yoona.

Later on, Yoona and Eunhyuk are sitting in front of the piano in one of the classrooms after Yoona told him about their first encounter in this very same building.

“What song do you want to play?”

“I don’t feel like playing actually.” Yoona replies to Eunhyuk.

“Hmmmm… what should we do then right now? Dinner?”

“I love you.” Yoona simply says and stares at Eunhyuk, ignoring the latter’s question. Eunhyuk is caught off guard and he can only stare back at Yoona. All he can say is “I love you more.”

“Hahaha… I love you more oppa.”

“No, I love you more.” Eunhyuk replies again.

“But you forget how we met for the first time, that’s why I love you more.” Yoona doesn’t want to lose.

“But I gave you my milk right? That means I love you more.”

“Yah… I confessed to you first. I even kissed you first. It means I love you more.” Yoona still doesn’t give in.

“Yoona-yah… I let you be my first kiss and I let me be your first kiss so… yeah… I love you more indeed.”

And they go on with more reasons to win the battle. It seems like only dinner that will be able to stop these two.

At the end, Eunhyuk whispers “Remember about the tale you told me?”

Yoona nods.

“Let me be the time who protects our love from now on.” He says to Yoona before kissing the girl’s forehead.



In one day everything started and in another one day some things are over, some things keep going on and being stronger, and some things start all over again.

In one day they met and in another one day they are saying goodbye, they decide to stay together forever, and they meet again.

From that one day to this another one day, only time who have really watched everything.

Only time… time is undeniably the epitome of how God protects and loves me, you, him, her, them, us, and everyone.

Time is such a precious give and you’ll know it when you fall in love.

 

#########
 

EXTENSION

Only 2 months later after that, the newspapers of South Korea all posted the news of Choi Siwon’s marriage. Yes, Siwon and Tiffany got married about 2 months later. Kyuhyun became Tiffany’s man of honor that day. Siwon and Tiffany wore white wedding dress and suit. The marriage was held in a small but beautiful church in California.

However, not until 3 weeks later from Siwon’s and Tiffany’s marriage, Kyuhyun lost the battle. He died in a very peaceful afternoon, holding Taeyeon’s hand and surrounded by his family and also Tiffany and Siwon. That day, even the sky wasn’t blue. It was grey. Taeyeon didn’t cry at all though. She had promised that she will live her life to the fullest before to Kyuhyun so she stayed strong.

And only 5 months after leaving Donghae, Jessica came back to Korea. It was one fine spring day and she surprised him. Donghae just got back from his office that day. He walked to the the bedroom to change his shirt but before he could open the door, a pair of hands cover his eyes from behind.

“Miss me?” Jessica says and Donghae smirks before pulling the girl into his embrace.

Seven years later after that.

Today.

“Beep! Beep! Beep!”

Donghae takes the alarm clock and shut it off.

He turns and hugs his wife from her back.

“Sica… wake up.” But Jessica doesn’t respond.

“We’ll be late Sica-yah.” Donghae whispers again.

“Yahhhh! I think I bought cucumber yesterday.” And suddenly Jessica hits Donghae stomach with her elbow. She is already wake up actually and she really hates hearing that word.

“Awwww!!! Sica-yah… I’m just kidding. Keke. Why are my wife so mean?!”

“Treat you well oppa. Keke.”

She then gets up and sits on the bed. She stretches her body. Donghae only observes.

They start preparing everything after that. Today is an important day.

Jessica takes a bath first. When Donghae comes out from the bathroom, he feels so jealous to see his twin daughters are kissing his wife’s left and right cheeks.

“Yahhh… give appa a kiss too.”

“Aigooo, appa is jealous.” Jessica teases Donghae.

“Come here my beautiful daughters… give appa a kiss.”

Donghae’s twin daughters then run to him. Donghae is squatting between them and they land a kiss on his cheeks.

“Smart girls…”

“Yuri… Yoona… let’s eat your breakfast, we’ll be late if you’re not hurry dear.” Jessica calls the twins.

“Eeh…” The 5 years old twins echo at the same time.

“Where’s Hyukjae? Have you tried to wake him up?” Donghae asks Jessica while doing his shirt’s buttons.

“Omo. I woke him up before I go to bath but I guess he is sleeping again.” Jessica exclaims.

“Hahahaha, he inherits that from you.” Donghae is the one teasing right now but Jessica had run to their 4 years old son’s bedroom.

Today is Krystal’s and Jino’s wedding day. That’s why this family is quite busy from the morning.



“Yoona-yah…!”

“Sica-unnie!”

Yoona is welcome by Jessica when she arrives at the Church. They hug each other.

“Where’s Eunhyuk-oppa?” Jessica asks.

“He met Donghae-sunbae so they start talking over there.”

“And your children?”

“Yongdae is playing with little Hyukjae already. They are really clicked like their fathers, keke.” Yoona talks about her 4 years old son.

“And Ji Eun?” Sica asks again.

“Unnie, she’s too young to travel to Korea. She’s not even one year old.” Yoona explains.

Yoona and Eunhyuk had moved to London since 4 years ago. Yoona is a young lecturer in Cambridge University. She completed her master and doctoral degree there and received the offer to be a lecturer.

Eunhyuk is the househusband of their family. He takes care of the house and the children because Yoona is busier than him. He doesn’t work at all. But yeah, even when he doesn’t work, money still comes to him… well… a lot of money to be precise, resulted from his all round businesses in Korea of course.



The wedding ceremony in the Church went well and right now everyone is having their lunch in a garden party.

The kids are playing.

Yoona and Yuri, the twins, are playing with Jinri. Jinri is Siwon’s and Tiffany’s one and only daughter. Jinri is one year older than Yoona and Yuri.

Little Hyukjae and Yongdae are playing soccer at another side of the garden.

Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Siwon are talking. Siwon is a big movie star right now. Tiffany is his manager.

Yoona and Jessica are observing their kids.

“Aigooo, how cute… Sangbum-ah… Annyeong!!!”

Tiffany talks to Sangbum, Taeyeon’s 2 years old son who is still in the baby carriage. Tiffany is playing with him.

“He is so handsome Taenggoooo-ah.”

“Hahaha, do you fall in love with him?” Taeyeon teases Tiffany.

“Eh, keke. Should we match him with Jinri then? Keke.”

“Aigooo, they are still too young, hahaha.” Taeyeon laughs and Tiffany laughs along.

“What are you laughing about?” Kangin, Taeyeon’s husband appears out of nowhere.

Kangin is an actor actually. He is Siwon’s friend. His real name is Kim Youngwoon and Kangin is his stage name. Siwon introduced Taeyeon to Kangin because he thought that they will be matched. Well, he was right. Even though it’s hard for Taeyeon to open her heart for someone else at first, Kangin finally can melt her. It’s really-really hard for Kangin to finally make Taeyeon pay her attention to him but in the end, they have made a happy family.

“Fany said she wanted Sangbum to be her son in law, keke.”

“Hahahaha!” Kangin can only laugh along with them.



Krystal and Jino are walking around every table to greet the invited guests.

Among all the tables, there’s a table in the corner that eventually filled with 8 people. They are accidentally sitting together there right now, surrounding the round table. Yoona, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Jessica, Tiffany, Siwon, Kangin, and Taeyeon.

Suddenly, Jessica brings up a topic.

“I wonder why Hyukjae doesn’t want to eat vegetables.”

“Really? Jinri likes it a lot. Neh?” Tiffany brags about her daughter and she asks for Siwon’s approval. Siwon nods.

“Sica-yah… everyone knows you at cooking, hahahahaha… auwwwww!!!” Donghae gets elbowed again and everyone is laughing.

“Hae… why are you digging your own graveyard?” Eunhyuk whispers to Donghae but Jessica can hear it.

“And what does that mean Eunhyuk-oppa?” Jessica glares at Eunhyuk and Eunhyuk turns pale.

“Nothing Sica-yah, keke.” Eunhyuk smiles.

“Unnie… don’t you use your secret method?” Yoona talks after that.

“Eh? What method?” Jessica asks back to Yoona.

“Yah… how can you forget about it? We studied it in Reverse Psychology class. Tell Hyukjae he can’t and isn’t allowed to eat vegetables. It’ll bother him and he’ll be interested to eat it in the end.” Yoona explains and Kangin continues afterwards.

“What a great method. We should do that for our Sangbum later Taeyeon-ah, keke. What’s the name again? Reverse Psychology?” Kangin asks Yoona but suddenly the atmosphere turns blue and gloomy. Kangin doesn’t understand what happens now.

At the mention of Reverse Psychology, these 7 people actually start pondering about what they have been through these past years.

All things started from this Reverse Psychology class when all of them are gathered together in one class. That is really when all the tragedy started.

Flashbacks of every scene come to their minds.

They are remembering everything right now and it really brings them down. It’s still hurting of course. It left a very deep scar.

“…”

No one talks.

“…”

Tiffany and Jessica start getting teary.

“…”

Kangin then realizes that he needs to do something.

Suddenly, he exclaims loud enough.

“YAHHH!!! AN EARTHQUAKE!!! YAHHH!!! THERE’S AN EARTHQUAKEEE!!! SMELL IT! QUICKLY SMELL IT!!!” 

And everyone in that table, except Yoona, wrinkles their noses to smell.

After that, Yoona and Kangin crack up.

“Hahahahaha, hahahahaha!!!”

“Oppa… yahhh…” Yoona hits Eunhyuk.

“Even when it’s really an earthquake, how can you smell it? Hahahaha.” She explains and the other 5 people are being fooled as well.

“Yahhh!!!” Taeyeon hits Kangin. “Aishhhh, how can I’m trapped?!” She hits him again.

Siwon, Tiffany, Jessica, and Donghae can only laugh.

They are laughing together now and Kangin succeeds at turning the atmosphere.

Kangin then pulls Taeyeon into his embrace as if he is comforting his wife. Siwon and Tiffany stare at each other. Jessica rests his head on Donghae’s shoulder. Yoona and Eunhyuk are holding each other’s hand under the table.

Before they know it, Krystal and Jino finally arrive at their table and they start talking happily again.



Memories will surely fade.

People will eventually forget about these people.

In the future, no one will know about them.

However, time will always remember. If only time can speak then they shouldn’t be worry about it because their love stories will always be written in time.


THE END

A/N

It's really looooonnnnngggggg chapter. Aigoooo, I hope you can enjoy this last chapter even though there so many lacks everywhere.

First of all, since it’s the last chapter, I hope everyone can reply and give me some comments *begging* ^_^ Even the silent readers, I hope you can comment too kekekeke but it’s ok, it’s really up to you.

Please read this because it’s important. REALLY IT’S IMPORTANT.

1. Who is Taeyeon’s husband and what is the name of their child?
2. What are the names of HaeSica’s children?
3. What are the names of YoonHyuk’s children?
4. What is the name of SiFany’s daughter?
5. Who just married?

If you can’t answer these five questions above then you miss reading my last chapter. So, go finding the answer now. I'm really hiding a secret chapter ;p I'm sorry for my playful side. If you can't find it then just tell me in your comment, I'll PM you how to get the secret ending ^_^