26 - Ordinary Good Day

The Liar(s)

26 – ORDINARY GOOD DAY

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.
~Author Unknown

But sometimes...
Some hearts just can't smile anymore!


Writer’s POV

Eunhyuk and Yoona are in a quiet alley right now. They had stopped from running away. They need to take a rest. Eunhyuk is sitting on the ground, leaning his back and head on the wall, closing his eyes. He is still panting because of exhaustion. He is tired not only because of running but from all of the bad news. It’s tremendously awful for him.

What could be worse?

Never knowing who his mother is.

Having a father but feels like having no one.

His bestfriend kills his father.

And now, his one and only “family” betrayed him. The person who he treats as his own hyung betrayed him.

So anyone can really ask him “What could be worse?” and he will have the answer for you.

Life is always a challenge but sometimes you will be at the moment when you can’t take it anymore and Eunhyuk is at the moment.

Yoona is standing in front of him. She is leaning her back against the opposite wall. She stares at Eunhyuk. She knows it must be hard for Eunhyuk but to actually discover that Hyukjae is Eunhyuk makes her uneasy as well. She doesn’t know where to start.

So only the sound of panting and breathing can be heard.

“When I t-told you t-to wait for m-me that t-time…”

Eunhyuk breaks the silent. He captures Yoona’s attention now. Their positions are just the same with Eunhyuk is still closing his eyes while talking.

“I w-was a-at the point where I even t-thought a-about abandoning my f-father.”

He pauses and takes more breaths into him. He still needs more air.

“I was afraid t-that o-once you know who I r-really a-am, y-you’ll leave me r-right away.”

Again, he inhales the air around his nose to take some moment, reminiscing his old feelings.

“I asked y-you to wait for m-my answer because I n-need to m-make my final d-decision to leave my f-father. And yeah… I was p-packing my things t-that morning and w-wanted to run a-away f-from my house when m-my father was f-found dead in his b-bedroom.”

He is very calm actually. Yes, he is panting but there’s no track of sadness and of course he is hiding it deeply in the farthest corner of his heart. He doesn’t even cry a bit. Eunhyuk looks empty. Like there’s no more feeling inside him. There’s no more expression on his face. He only talks plainly. You may say that he already had enough.

That being said, Yoona is the one who is trying her best to hold her tears. It’s too painful even just to hear about it.

“He is d-dead and I’m h-his s-son. All I c-can feel is g-guilty now. H-how c-could I think a-about leaving h-him that d-day when he died? W-what kind of s-son am I?!”

And Yoona thinks that there’s no need to continue hearing this. She walks towards Eunhyuk. She kneels down there and pulls Eunhyuk’s head and embraces him. She comforts him.

“Enough. It’s hurting to hear that oppa.”

And only when his head is finally embraced by Yoona’s hands, Eunhyuk automatically bursts into tears.

“All I can t-think is t-taking revenge but w-why it s-should be Hae?! Why?” Eunhyuk knows that Yoona can’t answer that question but he just needs to let it out while crying.

Yoona hugs him tighter, wishing that even though she can’t answer that question or tell Eunhyuk something good, she can at least make him feeling better there. But yeah, it’s hard to make him feeling better this time so she says “If it helps you a bit then just blame me for everything. You can really blame me.”

And Yoona cries again while Eunhyuk’s crown of head supports her chin.

Both of them completely forget about Donghae but luckily that guy is too good for Hangeng tonight. Hangeng is already falling on the ground, breathing hardly. Donghae wins the fight and stands in front of this “messenger”. However, it’s not like Donghae got no wounds or hits. His body is aching as well, suffering from Hangeng’s punch and kick. In the end, Donghae gets many bruises as well. The thing is, he can endure it for now. He can endure the pain because of this strange excitement that he feels after making Hangeng down.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Donghae asks the losing Hangeng.

“Huh, why are you asking me this right now? It’s been years too late Lee Donghae and you should blame yourself for easily being manipulated, shouldn’t you?!” Hangeng spits his blood from his mouth and still acts cocky as if he is not losing. Well, actually, if Hangeng is a good person he will order Donghae to run right now because his other mafia members are coming to the venue. Unfortunately, Hangeng isn’t.

Donghae knows, indeed it’s too late to regret everything.

There is a reason why the word “regret” exists.

When he is thinking about what he should do next he notices there’s a sound coming from his back. It’s getting louder and louder. It’s the sound of people walking. Well, running actually. He counts inside his heart, probably 5, there are 5 people.

Hangeng smirks, completely knowing that it’s his people who are coming.

“Do you hear that too?” Hangeng asks.

“It’s better for you to run now or yeah… you can kill me instead and you’ll be late to escape and you’ll die for sure.” He adds to threaten Donghae.

And when he notices that the gangsters are already there, running towards Hangeng and him, Donghae agrees to Hangeng this time.

“Don’t mess with us anymore!” Said Donghae only to be replied coldly.

“You wish!” Hangeng grins.

Donghae runs with the energy left inside his body. He runs through the stairs down to where he parked his car. When the gangsters arrive to help Hangeng, Donghae is already moving with his car, leaving that location.

Unknown to Donghae, not all of the mafia members are on Hangeng’s side. These new people that just came actually don’t know about Hangeng’s betrayal and they will surely listen to Eunhyuk actually.

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk and Yoona are already in front of Yoona’s house. They took a taxi to get them there. They are in front of the gate while the taxi is waiting.

“Now g-go inside. You w-will really b-be safe there.”

“But…” Yoona protests.

“They a-are a-after me Yoona-yah… I c-can’t drag y-you into d-danger. I need to disappear from your world, from the campus, from everything.”

“But… what about me then? What should I do? Should I only wait again? Should I pray? Should I pretend that there’s nothing wrong? What sh…” Yoona keeps protesting but suddenly Eunhyuk hugs her and she is driven to speechless by that sudden hug.

“I d-don’t k-know if I will h-have any ch-chance anymore or not but I w-want you to k-know that I l-love you s-so much… I r-really do…”

He tightens his embrace. He pulls Yoona deeper against him.

“I know it’s s-so late to r-reply and it’s also f-far from being a r-romantic c-confession but I guess I j-just t-tell you n-now… Loving y-you is what e-enlightens my days. Knowing t-that I h-have this feelings for y-you is enough to m-make me realize that I’m a human and to k-know that y-you love me b-back is m-more than enough to d-drive me crazy…”

Eunhyuk can feel that Yoona grabs his t-shirts, showing that the girl doesn’t want to let go so Eunhyuk tries again to tell Yoona that they need to part for a good reason.

“I’m also v-very scared Yoona-yah. I’m actually so s-scared that I w-won’t have another t-time but I b-beg you n-now… please don’t make it more d-difficult for me. I need t-to go n-now. I need t-to check what h-happened there where w-we left Hae.”

Eunhyuk lightly kisses Yoona’s forehead.

And that time Yoona knows that she needs to let him go so she willingly breaks the hug and steps backward.

She is facing Eunhyuk while speaking.

“Then promise me, if we accidentally meet again, in whatever situation… that will be the time when you will listen to me. I give in this time and I’ll let you go but… aishhhh… why won’t my tears stop falling?!”

Yoona pauses and wipes her tears.

“Next time… should we really meet again… make sure that you will still love me because you know what I’m going to say to you by that time…” And she bursts into tears while running to the gate, opening it, and closing it from inside.

Eunhyuk wants to cry but he doesn’t have more time to do that. He thinks about Donghae and he gets into the taxi soon after and goes to Seoul Tower again. It’s supposed to be his goodbye moment with Yoona but he feels like it’s not that special like it’s not actually the right thing to do and they’ll surely meet again. However, he ignores this thing again when he is near the tower. When he eventually arrives there, there is no one anymore.

“Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!” Such very impatient knocks can be heard. Jessica is indeed disturbed from her silent sleep. She is in her dream world already and it pasts midnight as well. It’s 3.00 am in the morning to be sharp and yet there’s someone disturbing her valuable sleep.

She decides to ignore at first but then the knocks become more and more disturbing so she wakes up being angry but scared at the same time.

Who won’t be scared though to get a visitor this late?!

She is already in front of her apartment door, worrying about who could be her visitor.

“Is it a thief?” She thinks.

“But a thief won’t knock right?” She answers herself before opening the door slowly.

And she almost screams if Donghae doesn’t call her name when the guy suddenly steps in and hugs Jessica while calling her name.

“Sica-yah…”

Jessica can’t even think. She can’t even move. She can’t even speak when Donghae pulls her into him. She is really blank for some moment.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry for everything I’ve done to you. I know apologizing is not enough… I know I’m hopeless and I know I’m a jerk! But really… I’m sorry, I’m sorry Jessica…”

Donghae is already crying. He says these things slowly, taking every moment he can get.

“Oppa…”

“Please… please forgive me… I know it’s so selfish! I know I’m so selfish but I just want to hug you right now…” Donghae tightens his hug.

Donghae was lost actually. Running from the Seoul Tower, he caught himself being so lost. He was driving but he didn’t have any destination. He was thinking about where he should go but he couldn’t find the answer. He thought about his parents. He called them and they were safe. He called Eunhyuk but he couldn’t reach him. In his confusion and the results of all the frustration he got, added with the emotional experience he had been through, he almost got hit by a big truck but luckily the truck driver stopped the truck at the very right time. If not, Lee Donghae had passed away.

He was paralyzed after that. He can’t move and he can only think about how easy it is actually to die and how hard it is to live. However, he also came to the point where he thought that he was living a very useless life and that’s why he wouldn’t want to die tonight. He wanted to live more to repair his life. And he felt so stupid when he thought that he was about to willingly be killed by Eunhyuk before.

But… that time, he realized that his life may be ended any time. It’s life after all and we can’t really predict what is waiting for us one second later, one minute later, one hour later, or one year later. Moreover, with things going on like this, he was sure that Hangeng won’t let him living his life peacefully.

He was confused once again but he realized that he still had his life and he shouldn’t take it for granted. He should be responsible for his life how messy and useless it is. Die or not, let it be later. For now, he just wanted to appreciate his life and he was very grateful that he was safe. He was never scared of dying because he knew it was a risk of his “secret-agent” job but now he was actually scared of that.

He then started to think about everything that he had been through all this time. Killing people, hating his parents, betraying his bestfriend, playing with many girls, hating Jessica’s family… hating Jessica, ignoring the girl he loves… torturing her and himself.

Then he remembered Yoona’s line once again.

“You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone so better don’t waste your time anymore.”

That’s the time when he got the answer. The answer is Jessica.

“I should go there.” He thought and drove himself to Jessica’s apartment, forgetting about the pain of his bruises and wounds.

He thought that maybe he won’t have any chance anymore. He felt really horrible thinking about how he had been treating her this whole time.

And when the door opened, revealing Jessica, Donghae can’t control himself. She is really what he wants so he hugs her.

“I’m truly sorry… Please forgive me…”

Donghae is crying on Jessica’s shoulder. He acts like a 10 years old boy who breaks his mother’s precious vase.

“Oppa…”

Jessica is crying as well. She is surprised by the sudden visit and she is more surprised that he hugs her right now. It feels so warm. She hugs him back, knowing that she has been missing and waiting him for so long.

But Donghae breaks the hug. He wants to see Jessica’s face. It’s just his crazy imagination but he wants to make sure that the face he remembers is there. And when they eyes meet and Donghae is sure that it’s really Jessica, he then speaks, convincingly.

“I think I don’t have the right to love you but I just want you to know that ever since I know you, you’re the one whom I love and that never changes.”

Jessica doesn’t reply. She only stares at Donghae. She notices the bruises and wounds on Donghae’s face but she’s too absorbed by Donghae’s presence that she doesn’t ask about it.

“And for everything I have done to you, I know it’s hard for you but would you please forgive me? I really want to be forgiven Sica-yah.”

To this question, Jessica finally answers.

“…” She sighs at first. She smiles bitterly. Her tears are already flooding her eyes.

“I know it’s stupid if I forgive you just like this. You don’t even tell me your reasons. You come here at the most uncomfortable time too.”

She pauses after complaining about the way Donghae asks for her kindness.

“But since you admit that you are selfish, I think I just overlook it then. Keke. I know I’m easy. Besides, you know it very well that I love you too much…”

Donghae wipes her tears and Jessica grabs Donghae’s hand and put it against her cheek.

“The thing is… I don’t even know whether it’s dream or not… why do I feel like it’s not real…”

Hearing this, Donghae instantly leans forward. He moves his head towards Jessica’s face. And before he kisses her, he says something.

“You’re not dreaming. I’m real here.”

His lips actually got cut when he fought with Hangeng and it hurts when he kisses Jessica’s lips. But he enjoys the pain. Jessica is taken back when Donghae suddenly kisses her but then she finds herself responding to the kiss and kissing him back.

When Jessica needs some air, she initiates to break the kiss but it’s strange that Donghae doesn’t respond to break the kiss. He is so still there. So Jessica lightly pushes him back but then Donghae’s body falls on her again. Jessica catches and hugs him. It’s so strange though because it feels so heavy.

“Oppa…”

Only after getting no answer, Jessica realizes that Donghae is unconscious. Actually, he fainted while kissing.

“What happened to him?” Jessica asks herself and she remembers about the wounds and bruises.

“Did he meet bad people and he got beaten up?”

Jessica concludes that it’s better to take care of him first and later ask him about this.

In her heart, she actually curses Donghae. Not that she hates him though but because she knows that Donghae always succeeds at making her heart skipped a beat.

“Shameless guy neh?!”

If it’s been so horrifying for Donghae, Yoona, and Eunhyuk then it’s just a typical Sunday for Taeyeon. Here she is in the Starbucks where she works part-time. She just ended her shift and is sitting in the corner with Yuri.

Yuri was on her way home from taking the photobook that she’ll give to Jessica when she stopped by at this Starbucks. She especially went to a certain shop to get it wrapped beautifully and the shop is near with this place. She decided to have a drink and enjoy the good day breeze in this café. She was surprised to figure out that Taeyeon was the barista.

“Omo, what kind of friend am I?” Yuri says.

“Neh?” Taeyeon who just sat makes a sound.

“How can I don’t know you work here part-time? How long have you been working here Kim Taeyeon? Aigooo, you never told me neh?!” Yuri continues.

“Ah ye… I didn’t tell anyone actually. I mean, what is so important about it?!”

Taeyeon tells Yuri who is sipping her coffee.

“And… what is that by the way? A gift?” Taeyeon notices what Yuri brings with her.

Of course Yuri is not ready to answer that question. She becomes uneasy but eventually replies.

“Eh, for my friend.” She replies and luckily Taeyeon doesn’t bring this topic any further.

After finishing the coffee, both of them are leaving the place. Taeyeon will go to the hospital as usual.

“I’m walking this way.” Said Taeyeon.

“Are you going somewhere before going home? Your home is in this direction right?” Yuri points the opposite direction.

“Neh, I’m going to Sung Ae Hospital actually.”

“Why? Are you sick?” Yuri puts her back-hand on Taeyeon’s forhead.

“Yah, I’m not going to come here for working if I’m sick. I’m visiting my father.” Taeyeon ditches Yuri’s hand.

“Your father is sick? Aigooo… see? Look at how mysterious you are. You should have told me Taeyeon-ah. I’m going along with you then. Ok?!”

“Well, ok. Thanks Yul.” It takes some time for Taeyeon to answer. She guesses it’s ok if Yuri knows the truth.

“We should go to the market before. We need to buy some fruits, don’t you think?” Yuri suggests.

And before Taeyeon can reply, Yuri speaks again.

“Besides, it’s been quite awhile since we’re spending time together. We just knew each other for about 2 months but I guess we match very well, keke.”

Taeyeon nods and adds “Neh, I feel the same. Keke.”

So they go the market and get some fruits and directly go to the hospital. They are waiting for the lift now. We may hear that history repeats itself but sometimes, even small event may repeat itself. This is what actually happens when the lift is opened and Kyuhyun comes out from that lift. It’s the second time Kyuhyun and Taeyeon meet in the hospital.

“Cho Kyuhyun…” Taeyeon is surprised. Yuri bows a little and Kyuhyun returns it before speaking to Taeyeon. He is a bit surprised too.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you visiting your father again?”

“Neh, I am and today Yuri comes with me. What about you?” This time, the lift is already going up again but they don’t really care actually.

“Ehmmm, I just visited my friend again.”

“Ahh, I see.” Taeyeon replies.

“I want to visit your father too but I need to go now. I’m in a hurry actually. I’m sorry. I’ll visit him later. Bye!” Kyuhyun waves and starts walking. He takes out his PSP as well and the gamer plays his latest crush game while going to the exit.

Taeyeon and Yuri are waiting the lift again. They don’t expect to meet another friend later.

Later that day, you’ll find Yoona hanging around Myeongdong again. She goes to the SPAO store to check whether the couple t-shirt she wanted to buy the other day is already restocked or not. Unfortunately, it isn’t sold anymore and in the end she feels stupid to think about buying the t-shirts when she already said goodbye to Eunhyuk.

At lunch time she has no other options but to eat at this very expensive restaurant because the other restaurants are too crowded for her. She needs some loneliness actually.

The restaurant is a Korean food restaurant and the interior is very traditional. It feels so great for Yoona because she loves such quiet place like the garden in the corner of SNU that becomes her favorite place.

She’s searching for an empty seat when she notices someone there.

An idea comes to her mind. That someone had paid her meals before so maybe this is the time for her to return the favor. Thinking that way, she decides to join this particular guy in that cozy restaurant.

“Choi Siwon-sshi, are you alone? If it’s ok, may I join you for lunch?”

Yoona waits for the answer while thinking back again when Siwon paid her and Jessica’s lunch at Pizza Hut the other day.

“Ah… Yoona-sshi. Well, if you’re ok with having lunch with me then please… I’m more than happy to have a friend for lunch.”

Siwon is in the middle of choosing the food so Yoona quickly joins. After that, they make their orders.

Siwon and Yoona may have some little moment together but Kyuhyun never thinks about having lunch with Jessica and Donghae at the same time before.

“Sica-noona, I actually invited my hyung to join us today for lunch. Are you ok with that?” Jino asks Jessica who is actually confused about how much water she should pour into the rice cooker. Jessica immediately stops her recent activity and glares at Jino.

“Your hyung? You mean Cho Kyuhyun?”

Jino nods as his answer.

“Yahhh… how dare you?!” Jessica jokingly yells at him.

“Krystal said she wants to meet him but as you know that we’re still going backstreet so it’s impossible for her to come to my house or for me and my hyung to come to her house. Your apartment is the best place we can think, keke. Please.” Jino begs.

“Please unnie.” Suddenly Krystal joins to beg. She just got back from checking the still unconscious Donghae.

Speaking of which, Jessica had called a doctor this morning and Donghae is actually fine right now. There are no serious wounds or bruises. As for the curious Krystal, when she knows that Donghae is there, she goes checking to see how does her unnie’s boss look like.

“Well, if that’s the case then I guess we should go with delivery for today’s lunch then.” Jessica closes the rice cooker’s lid.

“I somewhat lose my confidence in cooking if we have another guess.” She continues and actually she really means it.

“Yeahhh! Thanks noona!”

“You’re the best unnie.”

Jino and Krystal give their best smiles.

“Nah, now you two make the delivery then. I’ll buy some soft drinks outside.”

“Got it!” Jino exclaims and rushes to make the delicious delivery.

Because of the noise from Jino and Krystal before, Donghae is being disturbed. He slowly gains his consciousness. He is sleeping on Jessica’s bed. He is finally able to take control of his own body now. The first thing he does is rubbing his eyes. He feels so tired. He opens his eyes and adjusts them with the sudden light. He stares at the ceiling and he remembers that he came to Jessica’s apartment yesterday.

“How many hours I’ve been sleeping?” He asks himself.

He gets up and stretches his arms and legs. He relaxes his neck as well. He then notices that all of the wounds and bruises on his face, neck, and arms are bandaged already. But her stomach and chest are still hurting a bit. He then walks to find Jessica. He opens the bedroom’s door and reveals himself to Krystal and Jino who are watching television.

The three of them are startled. Jino and Krystal automatically stand up from the couch. Jino and Krystal look into each other.

“Where’s Jessica?” Donghae simpky asks though.

“Jessica-unnie is going to the market. Emmm, I’m Krystal her younger sister and this is Jino my boyfriend.” Krystal bows and she pats Jino back to bow as well.

Donghae returns the polite gesture but he is clueless now about what he should do. He’s not that really good with new people. Luckily, Krystal has something to say.

“Donghae-sshi, Jessica-unnie said that if you’re awake then you should take a bath and have lunch together with us later. She has bought some new clothes for you and you can use the towel in the bathroom. Everything is already prepared there.” Donghae thinks that Krystal resembles Jessica but this girl resembles Yoona as well.

Donghae nods and says “Thank you.” before heading to take a bath.

“Alzheimer???!!!” Yuri exclaims.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Aishhh, I don’t even know what to tell you now. Yah!!!” Yuri stops walking. Both of them are walking to the hospital’s cafeteria to grab their lunch.

When Taeyeon and Yuri are in Taeyeon’s father’s room, Yuri got informed by Taeyeon’s mother about it. However, she can only be shocked and can’t complain to Taeyeon for keeping it as secret between them. Only when they are already outside the room, Yuri starts arguing.

“Why didn’t you tell me this whole time Taeyeon-ah?” She walks again.

“Because you never asked before.”

“But…” Yuri grumbles.

“Yuri-yah, it’s not like I don’t consider you as my friend. It’s just I don’t really like talking about my private life. I mean I’m not trying to hide it from everyone but yeah, I actually avoid talking about my family with my friends. I’m sorry and in the end, you know now so I hope it’s not a problem anymore for you.”

“Neh.” Yuri gives in. “I’m sorry too for not noticing your hardships. It must be really difficult for your family. But promi-” Yuri continues only to be cut by Taeyeon who just saw someone when they arrive at the cafeteria.

“Isn’t that Lee Hyukjae-sshi?”

Yuri observes the table where Taeyeon is looking at and Taeyeon was right. Even though the guy is wearing a cap combined with a hoodie, Yuri still can recognize him.

“Neh, it’s him. He disappears from our campus right?!” Said Yuri.

“Is he sick then? What is he doing here?” Taeyeon responds.

“Let’s ignore him and pretend like we didn’t see him Taey-” Yuri is giving a suggestion but then she stops immediately.

“Taeyeon-ah… Yah!!!” She stops because Taeyeon completely ignores her and she is heading towards Eunhyuk already. Like or dislike it, Yuri follows from behind.

“Hyukjae-sshi.” Taeyeon calls and Eunhyuk goes blank. He doesn’t respond. He only stares up at the two faces in front of him.

“Can we join you here?” Taeyeon politely asks. Yuri bends her neck a little when her eyes meet Eunhyuk’s.

“Errr… sure…” Eunhyuk nods and he regrets having lunch in here. He just got himself a treatment because last night, after sending Yoona home, he almost got caught by Hangeng’s allies. He fought with them and luckily the goddess of fortune still protected him so he could escape before getting killed. He was about to go hide again after visiting a doctor but he was starved so he decided to have a lunch. He just sat there and suddenly Taeyeon appeared. He couldn’t reject though.

Taeyeon and Yuri sit in front of him and they make their orders after a while.

“Ting tong!”

“It must be Kyuhyun-hyung.” Jino responds to the sound of the bell and takes the initiative to open the door. Kyuhyun indeed is the one who rings the bell of Jessica’s apartment.

Jessica is preparing the food and beverage on the dinning table. Krystal is helping her. Donghae just finished taking his refreshing bath and is wearing the new clothes now.

“Hyung! Glad you make it on time.” Jino exclaims.

“Neh… neh… I’m hungry so it better be a nice treat.” Kyuhyun presses the pause button of his PSP and walks in. He takes off his shoes first. At the same time, Donghae is coming out from Jessica’s bedroom. Donghae moves straingtly to the dinning room.

Jino escorts Kyuhyun to the same dinning room and as you can predict, they meet Donghae in front of the slide door to the dinning room.

“Donghae-sshi?”

Kyuhyun makes a loud voice and it’s obvious that he is surprised to see Donghae here. Donghae is just the same but he doesn’t make any sound. He is as cool as ever.

Hearing the sound from the door, Krystal slides the dinning room door and greets Kyuhyun.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Krystal imnida.” She bends down and Kyuhyun nods.

“Neh annyeong.” Kyuhyun is still in the state of being surprised actually and his voice is a bit stuttering.

When he enters the dinning room, Jessica greets him.

“Annyeong.” Jessica simply says to Kyuhyun. Donghae doesn’t really care and goes directly to one of the empty seats.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Kyuhyun nervously replies and he stands still there.

Kyuhyun knows that Jessica is Krystal’s older sister but to see Donghae there is what makes him confused. However, he knows that it’s better to not ask about it, he joins the table and sits in front of Donghae. It’s awkward now but luckily the rests get on their chairs soon after with Jessica sits beside Donghae and then Krystal beside Jessica and Jino is between Krystal and Kyuhyun. They are surrounding the rectangle table.

“So now, please enjoy the food.” Jessica smiles to everyone. Seeing this image of Jessica, Kyuhyun feels like he is having lunch with different person. He feels the warmness from her, no more ice princess.

“So how’s life?” Siwon asks Yoona while serving himself.

“Not that great actually.” Yoona answers honestly.

“How about you?” Yoona asks back knowing that it will be awkward if she doesn’t. After all, she is the one deciding to sit there with him.

“I prefer my life in my drama actually.” Siwon bitterly responds.

“I see and by the way, I like one of your lines in your drama Siwon-sshi.”

“Eh? You watch my drama? Which line?”

“Neh, I watch it occasionally. The line when your character gave up on chasing the girl he loves because the girl loves another person.”

Yoona drinks to help her swallow the food before rephrasing the line.

“I let you go because I love you.” Yoona says and adds “Isn’t it?”

“Neh, I remember that line too. Why do you like that line then?”

“Because I agree with that line. If I was the writer of your drama then I would write the same thing because sometimes… just because you love someone, it doesn’t mean you’ll end up with that person. Sometimes, you need to let go because it’s the best thing and you have no other options. Well yeah, it’s just my experience though.”

Yoona concludes but she receives an agreement from Siwon.

“Strange how we can talk like this right now because we’re not that close before but yeah… you were right… to love sometimes mean to sacrifice your own heart, willingly take and endure the pain.”

Siwon drinks and he speaks again.

“Love is indeed blind.”

“But we are not Siwon-sshi.” Yoona quickly responds.

“People say love is blind but we are not right?! And because we’re not blind then we know that it’s better to give up.”

Siwon can only nod and both of them continue eating. They realize that they have to let go their loved ones. Yoona let Eunhyuk go because she knows that she’ll just be a burden for him. As for Siwon, he let Tiffany go because he loves her. If being with Kyuhyun makes Tiffany happy then Siwon is more than willing to endure the pain. However, we know that both of them are wrong actually. We know that Yoona is not a burden to Eunhyuk and we know that who can actually makes Tiffany happy.

In another lunch time, there are some little more talks actually.

“I see. Are you ok now?” Taeyeon asks Eunhyuk after the gummy-smile owner explained why he is in the hospital. Of course he explained with some additional twists from the true version.

“I’m good. Thanks.” Eunhyuk doesn’t talk that much though. He doesn’t even care about why these classmates of him are here. What in his mind is finishing his lunch as soon as possible.

As for Yuri, she is actually thinking about the photo scandal. She had already apologized to Donghae and Yoona. She didn’t apologize to Eunhyuk because Eunhyuk disappeared mysteriously after the scandal and of course it’s the best moment now to apologize to Eunhyuk. However, she’s more curious about why this guy is missing from the campus. She wants to ask about that but she knows it’s just wasting their time because Eunhyuk won’t tell them.

However, as Yuri thinks that she may not have another chance to apologize, she eventually brings the topic up.

“Hyukjae-sshi.” She whispers.

“Neh?” Eunhyuk glances at her.

“About the photo of you and Yoona-sshi the other day… actually it was me who posted them around the campus. I know it’s so late but please forgive me.” Yuri stands up and bows and it’s enough to draw all the attention to their table.

Because Eunhyuk is still your shy guy who doesn’t like this kind of attention, he immediately tells Yuri to sit again.

“Yuri-sshi just please sit down. I don’t even remember about that photo anymore.”

Yuri sits again and it’s expected though to continue talking about it as Taeyeon takes the initiative.

“Speaking of which, are you and Yoona-sshi dating then?”

Yuri kicks Taeyeon’s leg lightly under the table knowing that it’s sensitive to talk about that with him but once again, Taeyeon ignores her. She’s just being honest actually as she’s curious about it. Taeyeon is really a straightforward person and sometimes she forgets that it’s better to keep things untold.

Yuri is worried about how Eunhyuk will retaliate but she thanks God because Eunhyuk stays calm while answering.

“About that… we’re not dating actually.”

“Really?” Taeyeon is completely going beyond curious. Well it’s a good thing though because it hooks Eunhyuk and makes him share what he actually thinks about it.

“Neh, we are really not dating but it’s ok. Even though you love someone, it never means you will be together. For me… it’s enough just to be able to observe someone that I love from a far and know that she is doing alright.” Eunhyuk blurts out and in the end he is embarrassed because of this. His cheeks already go red.

“Aigooo, I’m sorry… Just ignore what I told you before.” Eunhyuk apologizes only to have Yuri’s support.

“It’s ok. You don’t need to apologize. Besides, I agree with you. People say that to love is to give and to receive but sometimes it’s always one-sided right?! Sometimes it’s ok for me to give without receiving. It’s enough if people whom I love are happy regarding I’m happy or not.”

Yuri shares her opinion and of course Taeyeon and Eunhyuk don’t have any idea that she is thinking about Jessica when she’s talking. Hearing what Eunhyuk and Yuri have told, Taeyeon ponders about herself and she can’t agree more.

“Neh… come to think about it. You both are correct.” Taeyeon says that thinking about Kyuhyun. She knows she always tells Yuri that she doesn’t have any feelings for Kyuhyun but it’s the total opposite actually. However, hearing the words from Yuri and Eunhyuk calms her. At least, she’s not alone in the world. There are other people who actually can’t be with people that they love.

Later on, Eunhyuk finishes his lunch and leaves the two girls asking them to keep their meeting as secret.

It’s sad that actually some love is already dead even before blooming. Both Yuri and Taeyeon have this unending love but it’s a pity that the people they love don’t know about it. It’s quite more beautiful for Eunhyuk in the start but it’s very painful for him right now. His love starts blooming but it’s slowly fading away. Maybe it’s better for Eunhyuk to stay loving Yoona from a far though like what Taeyeon and Yuri do.

Donghae is now taking a rest again. He’s too tired from everything that after the quiet lunch with Jessica, Krystal, Jino, and Kyuhyun, he decided to go back to Jessica’s bedroom. Krystal and Jino are cleaning the dishes and Jessica is collecting the trashes and put them into the plastic.

“I’m going to dispose this trash outside.” Jessica informs everyone and Kyuhyun decides to help her.

“Let me help you out.”

“Ah thank you.” Jessica says and Kyuhyun takes one of the plastic bags filled with the trashes.

They are going outside. They take the lift and go down to the basement and to the apartment building’s backyard eventually. They put the plastic bags on the proper place where later a truck will collect them. On their way back to the apartment, Kyuhyun finally can’t hold his curiousity.

“Are you living together with Donghae-sshi? I mean… are you dating?”

“Hahaha, I guess you’ve been holding that question for so long.” Jessica teases Kyuhyun.

“Actually yes. Jino told me that you are living alone so I’m a bit confused.”

“We’re not dating Kyuhyun-sshi. At least that’s what I think. For now, he is just someone that really close to me.”

“I see. But I think you love each other, don’t you?!”

“How can you say that?”

“The way he looks at you and the way you talked about him just right now. I just get the feeling. Am I right?” Kyuhyun finishes his next question when they are entering the apartment building again.

“It doesn’t matter though.” Jessica shortly says.

“Eh? What’s that supposed to mean?” Kyuhyun gives another question.

“Even though I love him and he loves me, somehow I’m not confident about it. It’s just sometimes… no matter how close or how near the person you love is with you… you always feel like there’s a wall between you.”

Jessica pauses for a moment before continuing when they get into the lift.

“Like now… he is there in my apartment but why am I still missing him?! He feels so far away actually. He is there but it’s not really him for me. So yeah… it’s only love that can make things complicated like this, don’t you think?”

To this, Kyuhyun makes his own statement, showing that he agrees with Jessica.

“Neh… I think I can understand you. It’s funny how your sister and my brother are dating and we ironically talking about how love is complicated. Love indeed is complicated. At least you love each other, keke.” Kyuhyun teases Jessica and he is surprised because he can joke around with this so called ice princess of SNU.

“For me, I’ve been living my life with the girl I love for years but in the end, it never means she’ll love me back. You made a good point Jessica-sshi and I actually feel the same too… I’m so close with her but even when she’s beside me, I feel like she’s so far away from me. Keke… how tragic?!” Somehow, Jessica knows that Kyuhyun talks about Tiffany.

They arrive in front of Jessica’s apartment door and before they go inside. Kyuhyun speaks again.

“I wonder why people call you ice princess.”

Jessica only smiles and they go inside the apartment.

For Kyuhyun and Jessica, there’s always this unseen distance. Tiffany and Donghae are so close with them but they can’t deny that their presences are not enough. For Jessica, she’s happy that Donghae is there but she is worried. She feels like it’s not going to last for such long a time. There’s a barrier between her and Donghae so even though they love each other, it’s hard for them to be together. And Kyuhyun was right before. At least Jessica and Donghae love each other while his love is not returned by Tiffany. They have spent so much time together but he fails to understand that love can’t grow just because of that. He feels that Tiffany is so far because Tiffany that he wants is Tiffany who loves him back.

“My dear…” Tiffany’s dad is amused to see his daughter.

“How are you dad?” Tiffany asks and both of them walk to the living room of Tiffany’s house.

“I’m fine. The therapy went well. How about you? Are you moving in here again?” Tiffany’s dad asks because he notices the luggage Tiffany brings with her.

“Good to hear then and yes… I have been thinking about it and it’s always better to be at home. I’m moving back and I promise you that I’ll be a good daughter.”

“But…” Her dad contemplates.

“Don’t worry dad. You’ll be alright. I’ll be alright too. We’ll be alright. You’ve been going through a therapy and I believe in you.” Tiffany comforts her father because she knows that her father is worried about hurting her again.

And last but not the least, Tiffany and Donghae are the example of those who just wait for good things to happen. They are left with no other options but to only wait and go with their life the way it is going right now. They don’t really have a plan and they decide to just enjoy their life before something ruins and damages it.

Like Jessica, Donghae knows that it won’t last long so he’ll just enjoy what he has now. He’ll spend his time with Jessica as much as possible until the time where they’ll separate again come. Of course he hopes that it won’t ever come.

And as for Tiffany, she’s left alone indeed. Kyuhyun is out of reach and it seems like he avoids her again while she doesn’t have any courage to face Siwon anymore. Hence, last choice she has is her father and that’s why she comes back home.

But, we know that their ordinary and good Sunday will end very soon and it starts with Yoona.

After insisting to pay their lunch, Yoona is sent home by Siwon. Siwon has left and she’s opening her gate when a scary voice comes from her back.

“Im Yoona-sshi.”

Yoona turns around to find Hangeng in front of her.

“It’s nice to meet you again.” is what Yoona hears next before going unconscious once again.

This is undeniably another abduction.

Eunhyuk was wrong to think that Yoona is safe if he is away from her.

##########

A/N
I'm truly sorry for this very lousy chapter T.T I spend a lot of time thinking about what should I write to cool down the situation but ended up making Yoona in danger again. I'm sorry once again for that. I'm sorry too for any mistakes (typos, miss-spelled words, grammar). I hope you can still enjoy this chapter. Thank you everyone.