17 - Fifth & Sixth

The Liar(s)

17 – FIFTH & SIXTH

Writer’s POV

It’s been almost two weeks since the day when Jessica almost got harmed by those bullies. That means it’s already that long Hyukjae doesn’t show up in the campus anymore. No one really knows. He suddenly doesn’t exist. No one can make any proper assumptions as well.

The scandal itself has slowly disappeared. No student really talks about it anymore. Moreover, when one of the main actor in the scandal disappears from the scene mysteriously.

Where could he be?

That’s the question that always pops up in Yoona’s mind, in Donghae’s mind as well, even in Jessica’s mind. These three persons are actually the last ones who saw him that day.

It’s too painfully agonizing for Yoona yet the girl stays calm. Now, she’s been so used to unfriendly atmosphere around her. People may not talk about her scandal anymore but the disgusted and awful feelings toward her remain the same. Well, less actually because some of her classmates already decide to not burden her any longer and move on.

Staying calm is the only choice for Yoona. Not because she doesn’t care but she’s just so selfish after all. She doesn’t want the others to pity her, especially Donghae. She won’t ever let her guard down. She’s the type who will act strong even when she’s definitely not. She’s just like that. Being smart, independent, yet young, she always has to overcome her problems by herself. Thus far, she succeeds and that’s why she thinks that it’s the same now. She doesn’t need help.

Besides, she has something that makes her sticking to her decision. It is Hyukjae’s promise. She has trusted him and she believes that Hyukjae won’t break his promise to her.

“Here, this is the results of my personal surveys.”

Donghae gives Yoona a folder.

“Thanks sunbae. I’ll compile them. Now, if you’ll excuse me. I’ll finish it at my home.” Yoona replies after grabbing the folder.

“Are you sure you don’t need any help anymore?” Donghae asks while Yoona puts some books into her locker.

“Yes I’m sure. Bye sunbae.” Said Yoona, locking her locker and then she quickly walks.

However, Donghae still has something actually. He has been holding it in his throat this whole days since Hyukjae disappeared. He finally decides to sound what he wants to say.

“Yoona-yah…” He calls her, walking to her direction.

“Neh?” Yoona stops and turns her body, facing his senior.

“Are you really ok or are you pretending to be ok this whole time?” Yoona doesn’t reply Donghae’s question. Instead, she continues her delayed business by walking away from Donghae. Of course Donghae hates silent treatment.

“Yahhh! Come on, let’s look for him!!!” Donghae shouts and it’s quite effective as Yoona stops again.

“Aren’t you worried huh?” Donghae speaks again, unable to come up with another question.

“I am… I surely am sunbae… but I had promised him that I’m going to wait and I’ll fulfill my promise to him.” Yoona doesn’t care whether she sounds hopeless or not but after saying her counter-argument, she leaves Donghae and Donghae gives up to initiate another talk.

Deep inside his heart, he has so many worries actually. He worries Yoona of course. He worries about how she is. He worries about how the girl can survive with everything that happens to her. On top of that, he worries about his bestfriend.

He’s indeed a loyal friend despite stating that Hyukjae is a rival to win Yoona himself. Frankly, he forgets about it already. Maybe, people who know about their rivalry will think that Donghae should court Yoona now. It’s undeniably the best moment to win Yoona’s heart. The moment when Hyukjae is gone, leaving Yoona with uncertainty.

However slowly, seeing the devoted girl, Donghae is giving up naturally. Yes it’s true that he spends his time more in campus right now only to find Yoona and accompany the girl but he never really thinks about the courting Yoona things anymore. It’s not fair either way.

Besides, Yoona and Donghae should conduct their survey again. Reason is, they got a very bad grade last week when they submitted their assignment to professor Song. The professor gave them a chance to make a remedial. It’s the very first time for Yoona to get 45 points, below 50 points mark. Luckily, they were not the only group. Two other groups had poor grades as well. Tiffany, Kyuhyun, and Siwon got a dreadful 40 points where Jessica, Yuri, and Taeyeon did fairly better by getting 45 points.

These three groups are suffering to conduct again the surveys but they are more suffering by the fact that they have unsolved problems.

Life is not beautiful without problems though! Once they overcome their problems, they will become stronger as a person.

And so, Friday turns into Saturday and it’s a holiday because no class in Saturday but for some people, they still need to finish an assignment. Even, some people need to wake up earlier than usual because of assignment.

As the sun rises in the sky, it keeps shining on this Saturday morning and the sun rays hit Jessica’s closed eyes through the window. Jessica hates it so much of course as she covers her face with the pillow and rolls her body to back face the window.

After only 5 minutes, her alarm clock starts ringing and she can’t help but to wake up. She rubs her eyes then stares at the ceiling of her bedroom, wondering about her life, her messy and hopeless life.

Moving to Korea to enter the college was a tough decision for her. She loves her grandparents so much. She enjoys staying in the states, with her friends, with her bedroom that is used by her for so many years, and with all of her memories about her parents.

Her father had genuinely asked her to move to Korea since her father was elected to be the president of SNU. Jessica managed to convince her father that it’s better to wait until she graduates. However, when it really came, when the time for her to move really came, it was so hard that she cried a lot the night before.

So, she left United States and went to Korea, hoping to see Donghae after so many years without contacting each other. She actually wondered why her grandparents never talked about Donghae and his family anymore. Being an obedient granddaughter, she didn’t ever ask. She missed Donghae so much that meeting Donghae was the thing that made her finally having the motivation to move.

She opted to live alone as well, as she thought that it was better to try to be an independent girl. In the states, it’s a common thing after all. Besides, she didn’t want to ruin her father’s life with his new family.

But, everything was not smooth, mainly things that were related to Donghae. She asked her father about Donghae but her father gave the very same response that her grandparents gave to her, ignorance. She didn’t think about it though as she considered that her father must be really busy.

She visited Donghae’s home once only to find that Donghae wasn’t at home that time. She tried again the other day and Donghae wasn’t at home again.

College life started and her prayer was eventually answered by God. She accidentally saw Donghae in SNU. She wasn’t really sure at first so she checked at the administration office and she found out that Donghae actually attended SNU as well, majoring Business and Management.

She happily looked after Donghae and the first encounter after many years without contacts was at the students’ center building. Donghae was walking with Hyukjae while Jessica was in her orientation period, touring around campus together with the other freshmen.

But what she got was another ignorance at that time. She called Donghae’s name and she was sure Donghae glanced at her but then Donghae turned away from her, not even trying to look at the girl more than a second.

Jessica assumed that it was just merely because Donghae didn’t really recognize her anymore that time. However, that assumption was proven to be wrong. On their second, third, fourth, and many later clashes, Donghae really treated Jessica like she was some kind of ghost, unseen, unimportant, and hated.

Facing this cruel reality, Jessica gave up. She gave up on everything. Refusal from Donghae means a lot to her, in a very bad way.

Being left by her mother, Donghae was the one comforting her. Donghae was her savior. Donghae was notably the one for her. Losing Donghae means losing everything and thus she was so down. Thus, she gave up on everything. Things didn’t liven up her expectations. You know, the higher the expectation then the bigger the disappointment. She couldn’t stand the fact that Donghae abandoning her.

She started avoiding everything as the results of giving up. She gave up on study and she was lucky she still got average grade to continue her study, which she could do better for sure. She gave up on chasing Donghae, meaning she could only see and observe the boy from a far in spite being near with him. They might be in the same campus, but it was so hard for Jessica that they couldn’t interact. The boy was there but it felt like he wasn’t.

She also gave up on making friends because she disliked the idea of hanging around without Donghae.

And slowly, her choice leaded her to this cold figure, the famous ice princess who is unsociable and insensitive. She got the title instantly. She didn’t care of course. Even though the image of ice princess is a big lie compared to her real personality, she just lives that way. She helplessly accepts the image without complaints.

However, deep inside her heart, she is so sure that she doesn’t make a wrong decision. She is actually protecting herself by being an arrogant and cold person and for her that’s the right thing to do.

The only reason why she keeps lying and pretending to be unsociable is she’s afraid. Yeah, she’s afraid of getting new friends, she’s afraid of knowing others, she’s afraid to be happy without Donghae.

With such heartbreaking situation, it would be easy for someone to gain sympathy and support and also motivation from others right? But for Jessica, she avoids them all. She’s afraid that having new friends would direct her to forgetting about Donghae.

It’s maybe hard to imagine but Jessica thinks that when she’s around her friends, she may slowly forget about the pain in her heart and that indirectly means she may forget about Donghae. Once she forgets Donghae then it’s easier to fall in love again right? She really hates thinking about that possibility, how small it is.

She’s totally afraid of falling in love with other person if she blends with her community. For her, it’s only Donghae and Donghae and Donghae. She doesn’t want to fall in love again. That’s why, she wears this mask until now. That’s why, she’s lying to everyone else and to herself indeed by acting so cool despite the warm and caring heart she has. It’s ok for her to be alone and forgotten by others. It’s ok for her to be a completely lonely liar as long as she can love Donghae unconditionally.

She is lying in order to protect her feelings for Donghae. She has an objective to lie and that’s why she can survive. Even Dongahe seems not getting closer, she won’t ever give up. She’s just so much in love with Donghae and she swears she’ll be patient to wait.

Two weeks ago, she finally had the conversation she has been really longing for. But still, she is so clueless about Donghae’s sudden change. She wants to ask her father but she thinks that it’s better to not know unless Donghae tells her the truth. Besides, she’s afraid that the truth will be more even hurtful.

She’s someone who is afraid of so many things and lying because of that.

“Ting tong ting tong!”

The bell makes Jessica sitting up on her bed. She wonders who will come at 7.00 am to her apartment when she has an appointment to go to Yuri’s place at 8.00 am to finish their assignment.

“Good morning unnie!” Krystal says after Jessica opens the door.

“Soojung-ah…” Krystal jumps and hugs Jessica at the time Jessica mumbles her sister’s name.

Then Jessica notices another person’s presence in front of her door.

“And you are…?” Said Jessica.

“He’s my boyfriend unnie. Yahhh oppa, introduce yourself. Keke.” Krystal responds as she breaks the hug.

“Ah ye ye… annyeonghaseyo noona… Cho Jinho imnida but you can call me Jino. I… mphhh… I’m your sister’s boyfriend and I… I promise to take care of her.” Jino smiles and bows. Jessica returns the politeness.

“Come in.” Jessica says and Jino enters the apartment with Krystal. Jessica closes the door.

She walks in and then asks her guests. “Do you want something to drink?”

“No need to trouble yourself unnie. I just feel like coming actually. Jino-oppa and I just had some jogging when we started arguing about you.”

Jessica takes her seat beside Krystal in the bigger couch while Jino sits at the single couch.

“Arguing? About me? Hahaha… waeyo?” Jessica smiles, she’s really another person in front of her sister.

“Ahh, it’s nothing noona! We’re ok now.” Jino suddenly cuts and he gives Krystal a motion. He gestures Krystal to not spill about their argument.

“Krystal-ah… shhhhhh!” Jino pouts.

“Hahahaha, no no… I’ll tell my unnie you just badmouthed her!” Krystal teases Jino.

“Yahhhh!!! I didn’t! Noona believe me, I didn’t!” Jino exclaims.

“Hahahaha… now I’m getting curious so you better tell me. Besides, I don’t have much time.” Jessica replies and faces Krystal, demanding explanation.

“Jino-oppa gets accepted in SNU and he’ll attend SNU next year and he said he already know about you unnie.” Krystal starts explaining. Jino is getting nervous. He is so uneasy now.

“Really?” Jessica asks.

“Neh unnie… he said that you were a famous student. I told him it’s not a strange thing that you are famous because after all, daddy is SNU’s president but he told me you are famous for another reason… kekekeke.” Krystal says and stares at Jino. Jino is super sweating like hell now.

“He said that you are famous for being the ice princess in SNU who doesn’t like to socialize and is very arrogant.” Krystal ends her explanation and Jino is so damn scared now, waiting for Jessica’s reaction.

“Hahahahahaha…” Jessica laughs. She is laughing very hard.

“Look at your boyfriend Soojung-ah… he looks very scared… hahahaha.” Jessica says, holding her stomach.

“Jino…” She calls him.

“Noona… I’m sorry… really I’m sorry. I just… you know… I just heard that from my hyung.” Jino says, facing the floor.

“Kekeke, it’s ok Jino-yah. No need to feel guilty. By the way, who is your hyung?”

“Cho Kyuhyun, majoring Law.” Jino replies.

“Ahhh, I see. I’m taking a same course with him this semester. Kekeke. So, he said to you that I’m a cold person?” Jessica asks again.

“Actually… he did. I’m sorry noona.” Jino looks very disappointed but Jessica walks to his place and pats his head.

“Ye… it’s ok! I’m really ok. Besides, your hyung was right. Keke.” Jessica replies and walks to the kitchen.

“See?! I told you my unnie is a warm person. Now you believe me right?! Keke.” Krystal teases her boyfriend again.

“Neh… keke.” Jino smiles. What Jessica just did to him relieves him so much. He’s so afraid that Jessica will get mad before.

“Have you guys had your breakfast? I’ll make mine and I wonder if you want too.” Jessica asks from the kitchen while Jino throws a seat cushion to Krystal. They are playing in the living room now.

“Ahhh, it’s ok unnie. I’ll make ours. You make yours only!” Krystal says, running to the kitchen.

“Are you sure?” Jessica responds again once Krystal appears in front of her.

“Nehhh!” Krystal nervously smiles but Jino joins them and speaks something.

“Krystal actually told me that the foods cooked by Jessica-noona taste really bad that’s why she doesn’t want to eat them. Keke.” Jino smiles, obviously he is satisfied for being able to revenge Krystal.

“Yahhhh!!! Oppa!!!” Krystall screams, facing Jino. “Unnie, don’t believe him… kekeke.” She turns her head again, facing Jessica to say that last sentence.

“Hahaha, you two are really matched! How about you make it for us then Soojung-ahhh?! Keke.” Jessica smirks, she’s happy because she gets helper to make her breakfast. She’s always lazy to make one actually. And she admits that she really at cooking and Krystal is far better than her.

“Sure unnie! Keke.” Krystal replies and starts preparing to make the breakfast with some helps from Jino while Jessica taking a bath and prepare herself to visit Yuri’s place after having her breakfast.

Jessica is very happy to have Krystal and Jino. It’s been a while since she spends some good quality of time with her younger sister. It’s also been a while since she feels really happy and has some fun with these witty dongsaengs.

“By the way… Jino-yah.” Jessica calls Jino when they are in the lift, heading to the first floor.

“Don’t mention to your hyung about our meeting ok?! Just pretend like you don’t ever meet or know me ok?! Keke.” Jessica smiles at the end of her statement.

“Ah, neh. But why noona?”

“Hmmm, I need him to keep thinking that I’m an anti-social person. Got it?” Jessica answers him.

“Neh… arasso!”

Once they exit the apartment building, they part their way. Jessica takes a taxi while Jino and Krystal walk together to the opposite direction.

Jessica is really a different character when she’s in campus and when she’s not. She totally loosens up just right now to her sister like she always did in the past. She’s a very kind-hearted liar who won’t betray herself for loving Donghae.

If Jessica lies to protect her feelings then it’s another case for Taeyeon. She lies for the sake of pride. It’s a useless lie actually because she knows that she needs to stop lying, meaning she needs to crash her pride.

Taeyeon’s POV

“Neh, kamsahamnida. See you later. Bye.” I tell my replacement and I take my leave.

I work as a barista in a 24/7 Starbucks café. I’m a part-timer of course and my shifts are mostly on Friday’s night until Saturday’s morning and then Sunday’s morning until the afternoon when I have no class.

It’s so tiring but I can’t help it. I need the money of course. For what? You’ll know later.

I’m now walking down the street. Some shops at the side of the street have already opened and I look into these shops’ windows. So many clothes, bags, foods, shoes, and other fancy products or accessories are displayed there.

As a girl, of course I’m craving for a brand new pair of shoes or a new dress. However, I should live my life modestly. I can’t spend money for those things. I need to pay my tuition fee and… of course because my family have the hospital bills to pay.

I’m on my way to the Sung Ae Hospital actually to visit my father. He’s been so sick that he can’t work anymore. He’s really sick now and his condition is just getting worse and worse, day by day.

My family runs a spectacles shop in Seoul. It’s not that big shop but our life went well for this shop before something hits my family. My parents really worked hard and it was paid off at that time. So, I really lived in a happy and prosperous family with my older brother and younger sister but that was just until my dad started forgetting things easily.

It started when I was in the late period of my first semester as a first year student in SNU.

One day, my dad forgot the street route to go to my younger sister’s school. The other day, he even forgot to pick her. It was getting worse. My mother finally decided to bring my dad to hospital for general check-up when my dad forgot their anniversary.

It was known later that my dad indeed suffered the early stage of Alzheimer.

We were so shocked, of course we were. Personally, I tried to act as if I’m a tough daughter but it was just so hard. Knowing that one day, my dad will even forget who I am, it was just so frustrating. My brother and my little sister, both were in the same state as me. We couldn’t accept the diagnosis, telling that my dad will still continue to live but with progressive patterns of cognitive and functional impairments.

However, seeing how steadfast and calm my mother was, I pushed myself to follow her path. I never saw her crying until now. She was just so tough and that really encouraged me. I was so relieved and grateful to have such mother.

Several months after the diagnosis, my dad was already in the state where he couldn’t really work. At such difficult situation, my older brother stood up as a responsible one. He took over our family business and suggested my mother to concentrate on my dad. He resigned from SNU to run the shop.

As we all know, there’s no proper medication that will cure someone with Alzheimer today. The only thing my mother can do was accompanying my dad to the therapy center to postpone the effects. Yes, I’m so proud of having a courageous mother like her. I could see how much she loved my dad.

Everything went smooth in order to suspend the bad impacts to my father but it didn’t in term of our family’s financial situation.

The therapy and medicine are so expensive. Our family business still goes well but all the incomes are just gone onto the investment of my father’s health. That’s why I decide to work part-time, secretly.

I lie to my brother, I lie to my sister, I lie to my mother, and I even lie to my father even when I know he’ll forget about it. I told them I always need to study with my friends on my scheduled shifts. This way, they think I’m studying at my friends’ place but in fact, I am working to collect more money.

I need more money of course to survive. The incomes from our spectacles shop only cover my tuition fee while I still need to buy books, international journals, and other stuffs as well. I even lied to my mother and my older brother about my tuition fee so they don’t need to give me more money.

Nonetheless, even though they’ll find out the truth, I’m sure my family, specifically my older brother and my mother, won’t be angry though. They’ll sure understand and forgive me.

But, I can’t ever forgive myself.

Not because this lie about taking part-time job… but for another lie, an unforgivable lie.

Having all of this misfortune in my family, I shouldn’t blame anyone but I can’t help to blame my dad, himself. Yes, I do, I blame him and I have my own reasons for that. It’s because he destroyed my dreams.

One day, when I was 5 or 6, my dad asked me about my dreams. So, because I like singing very much, I told him that I want to be a singer and perform in a musical, and even hold my solo concert. Even though I was still a child, I did really mean it when answering my dad.

He was all smiling upon hearing my confession and he told me that he’ll work hard to help me pursuing my dreams. He told me that he’ll make my dreams come true.

But what’s this now? Bwoyaaa?

Instead of helping me, doesn’t he the one that needs my help now? I bet he even forgets what’s my dreams are. I’m even sure, if I don’t come to the hospital almost every day, he’ll forget that I’m his daughter. I really hate my father. I really hate him for destroying my dreams because I want him to help me. I need him to work hard to pay my school. I don’t want him to be sick like this because I need his support. That’s why, I hate him.

In front of my family, I act as if I’m ok and I’m ready to move on. But come on, that’s all only my lies. I definitely lied when I told them I’m ok. In fact, I was really angry. Call me faithless daughter, I don’t care, I really don’t. I just can’t lie to myself. I can’t avoid hating the fact that my father is sick. I can’t accept it. Why must be my father?! Why?!

However, I realized I was wrong for putting all the faults at my father’s side. I actually knew from the beginning that he couldn’t ever be blamed.

Someone actually helped me to realize and he’s Cho Kyuhyun.

It was a sunny Saturday morning. I was in the bus, heading to SNU. Yeah, I used this public transportation vehicle for the first time. Usually, my father or my older brother would me but we already sold the car.

I actually had a first meeting as a new selected member for SNU students’ choir.

I was sitting at the latest row of a paired-seat inside the bus, looking through the window when I noticed him.

A pair of attractive eyes, an optimistic facial features, a pale white skin, messy hair blown by the wind, and pair of legs pedaling his bicycle. I stared at this boy when my bus was passing beside him who was at the bicycler-track. Luckily, the bus moved slow, not that slow actually but it was adequate for me to stare at the boy for such a long time. I envy this boy because he knows how to ride a bike when I don’t. I wondered who he was at that time.

Almost 15 minutes later, I found the answer. Evidently, he was also a new member of the choir, named Cho Kyuhyun.

Then, I don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not but almost every time I go to my campus with the bus, I meet him half-way, even until now. This thing becomes so addictive to me and when I don’t meet him on my way, I’m so disappointed.

He sparks the happy virus actually. He always kids around with everybody else when our free time comes between the exercising of some songs. But sometimes, he looks really cool just by playing his PSP non-stop.

“We should see the glass half-full, not half-empty.”

He always says that. He is an optimistic individual for sure. He’s also very smart even without spending too much time on studying and becoming a book-worm.

One time, he noticed that I was so down so he just sat beside me in the practice room and whispered.

“We should see the glass half-full, not half-empty.”

He said that famous line again that time. He must know that I had some problems so he tried to cheer me up. I got what he meant of course, he must imply that we should see problems from every possible perspective so we can find something good about having the problems itself.

Thinking that way, I finally realize that blaming my father is just a big mistake. It’s the biggest mistake I’ve ever done in my entire life.

For what he told me, I was able to think that actually, by being sick, my father is indeed giving me the best supports so I can pursue my dreams.

If it’s not for him being sick right now, I won’t be someone who works harder right? I won’t be Kim Taeyeon who is able to become the female lead in the upcoming SNU’s musical right?!

Knowing that he can forget about me and my dreams someday, I’ve been training myself more and more to improve my vocal and dance so I can get casted as the main role in the musical this year. I failed last year and the determination to show my father that I can make my dreams come true before he forgets everything finally brings me to where I am now.

I am unconsciously motivated by my father to grab the leading role. My anger towards him pushes me to the point where I really want to perform in front of him before it’s too late.

So, thanks to Cho Kyuhyun for helping me. Because of him, I can cherish the brighter side of having a father with Alzheimer even when there are so much darker sides though.

Despite being the one I’m so thankful for, he actually had ruined his image in front of me when not so long ago, I had a little argument with him.

However, maybe that’s because he didn’t understand that getting the role in this year’s musical is very important for me. It can be my last time to show my father right?! So yeah, I was a bit pissed off when he said that life will always offer possibilities.

I agree to that statement but sometimes, we just don’t really have much time left right?! As in my case.

But again, it’s not his fault though. Maybe I should apologize to him.

“Taeyeon-sshi!”

That isn’t me. I won’t call my own name right? So I find the source and it’s him. It’s Cho Kyuhyun again. What’s he doing here? Ahhh, stupid question, it’s a hospital so everyone can be here.

“Neh, Kyuhyun-sshi.” I reply.

“Are you sick?” He asks.

“No, I’m not. I’m visiting someone.” There I lie again. Well, maybe not really though, I’m visiting my father actually so it’s ok.

“Ah I see. Ok then. I hope you’re not lying this time. Keke. Bye!”

He waves but I exclaim.

“What about you?” He turns his head after hearing me.

“I just visited my friend as well.” Then he leaves, exiting the hospital lobby.

I’m happy because it seems like I can talk with him again as usual. I continue walking towards the therapy center after that. I’m in a hurry because I have a prior engagement to go to Yuri’s place at 8.00 am. I can’t make it I think so I send a text to both of them.

Jung Jessica; Kwon Yuri:
I’ll be an hour late. I’m sorry.
You can start before I come.
Once again, I’m so sorry.
Thanks for your kindness.


Writer’s POV

“Ah it’s you Jessica-sshi. Come in.”

Jessica arrives at Yuri’s apartment at 8.04 am. Jessica steps in and in the living room, she sees the well-arranged round table with three chairs around it. There’s also a long sofa there which looks so… alluring somehow for Jessica.

“Taeyeon will be late. You’ve received the text message from her right?” Yuri asks Jessica but the cold lady doesn’t respond. It’s so obvious that Jessica still has a bit of anger towards Yuri regarding the scandal matter.

However, Yuri had sincerely apologized to Yoona and Donghae and amazingly, with such a big heart, Yoona and Donghae told Yuri the same thing.

“Forget it.” They said to the stalker.

“I just woke up not too long ago so I am preparing my breakfast now. Do you want some too?” Yuri asks from the kitchen, facing Jessica who is standing in the living room.

Jessica shakes her head as the epitome of no.

“I see. And oh yeah, almost forget, you can sit at the sofa while waiting for me Jessica-sshi.”

And being told, Jessica sits at the sofa. It’s a very comfortable sofa that she can’t help but to feel asleep. She yawns and closes her eyes, waiting for Yuri.

In 30 minutes later, there’s no conversation between them but finally Yuri is done with her breakfast. She brings her plate with her to the living room only to find Jessica, lying on the sofa and eyes are closed. Her legs are already lifted to the sofa as well. In short she is sleeping tightly with her entire body on the sofa, facing the open side of the sofa so Yuri can notice Jessica’s beautiful sleeping face.

“What a sleeping beauty.” Yuri mumbles, putting her plate on the round table and squatting down in front of Jessica.

“Jessica-sshi.” Yuri calls.

“Jessica-sshi.” She calls for the second time but Jessica still sleeps.

“Jessica-sshi.” Yuri calls again and finally decides to give up after realizing that Jessica is sleeping so peacefully right now that it’s hard to wake her up.

She doesn’t want to disturb her though. Besides, they’re waiting for Taeyeon as well.

However, there’s this anonymous temptation that suddenly intrigues Yuri’s heart and mind when she observes the sleeping girl.

She knows it’s dangerous but then Yuri finds her head moving towards Jessica’s face. She knows it’s wrong to take some advantage but it’s too tempting. She loses to her lust as she lands her lips on Jessica’s soft lips.

Yuri kisses Jessica lightly, for about 3 or 4 seconds. Luckily, no one sees it and Jessica seems unaware as she keeps sleeping there, not feeling bothered by the kiss.

Yuri’s scared but she relieves that she isn’t caught.

“Is it ok?” She asks herself. “Mollaaa.” She answers herself.

##########

A/N
I reveal two liars today. I think you have already known about Jessica's lies. After all, it's about her ice princess image. It's just a fake image as she wants to protect her feelings for Donghae. As for Taeyeon, I hope you can understand the hardships she has with her father suffering the Alzheimer.

As for the next liar, I'll reveal Tiffany's. Maybe in few later chapters.