15 - Monday's Myth

The Liar(s)

15 – MONDAY’S MYTH


Yoona’s POV

They say life is colorful but I don’t see those colors in my life. I wonder which one is the color my life is?!

“Yoona…” My dad calls me.

“Neh?” I reply, awaken from my antagonist side who thinks God was unfair.

“We’ve arrived in your campus. Aren’t you going to your class?”

“Ahh… sorry dad. I don’t really notice that we’ve arrived. I’m going then. Bye! Thanks for dropping me.”

“Yoona-yah…” My dad calls again.

“Eh?” I assess his expression. Hmpphhh, I can’t really name it. What is he going to tell now?!

“I’m sorry… we’re sorry Yoong.”

“Dad, what are you talking about? Why are you suddenly apologizing?”

I never saw my father being like this before. He is looking so cautious and worried.

“Your mother and I… we feel… we feel like we’re such useless parents for you.”

“Wae??? Seriously dad, I don’t understand. Besides, you don’t need to feel that way. I’m always thankful for having parents like you so why are you telling me this suddenly.”

I can’t read anything now. I can’t predict what my father actually wanted to say.

“Still, we almost forget that you’ve grown so much now Yoong. We’ve forgotten about you but then we realize… you’re too lonely aren’t you? We’ve been busy with work and we always leave you alone. It’s great because you become an independent girl but then… still Yoong, we’re so sorry for that.”

I never think that my dad will apologize for everything. I must admit, it’s very lonely without them. It is, and trust me I can survive because maybe I’m used to it already.

“It’s ok dad. Really… I mean it. On top of that, you work for me so I can live well. Dad, please, just don’t think about that anymore…”

I just replied like that. I mean, what more can I say? My parents and I are really not that close to begin with. It’s too awkward between us to begin with so… yeah… even with his sudden apology, it won’t be instant to be close. We need time I guess.

“Neh. Thanks Yoona-yah. You’ve really grown indeed. From now on, just tell me or you tell your mother if you have a problem. Just find us if you need someone to talk to. Ok?”

“Alright dad. Thanks. I’m going now.”

“One more thing Yoong…” He speaks again making

“What else dad?”

I don’t mind actually to have some more talk. It’s still 8.10 in the morning and my class will start at 9.00. Well, my father starts working at 8.00 and to travel from my campus to his worksite takes more than 30 minutes. He’s late already but he says that he’ll just work overtime. I decide to go with my father today. No special reason, I just… I just want to. Maybe God have planned about it so we can be closer and have some father-daughter talks.

“If the guy from yesterday hurts you… don’t hesitate to tell me. I’m going to kick his for you.”

Ok, I think that’s supposed to be a joke right? But maybe because my father is a serious person, it doesn’t sound like a joke after all.

“Neh… thanks dad. I don’t expect you to talk about it actually.”

Really, I don’t think that my father will really pay attention to my life. I don’t see it coming.

“After seeing you, going on a date with a guy last week and then going on another date with another guy yesterday, I think I should have started worrying about my only daughter’s life.”

I’m surprised. Really I am. In fact, my parents notice and know about it. Besides, my father emphasizes his word when he said “another”. Aigoo, does he think I’m a player?

“Ahhh… neh… thanks for noticing that.”

I’m uneasy now as I reply embarrassedly. He doesn’t ask for further information but I just abruptly speak.

“The guy from last week is Lee Donghae, he’s my sunbae and… yeah, in the end, we won’t work. Then, the guy from yesterday is Lee Hyukjae. We… are…”

I can’t continue as I remember what happened yesterday.

“It’s ok if you’re not ready to tell the whole story Yoong… really it’s ok. Besides, it’s your life and I don’t think your mother and I really want to interference. At least, we just want you to be happy so please… remember that if you have problems, come to us. Ok sweetheart?”

“Neh.” I reply shortly. Actually, it’s not because I don’t want to tell him but… Neither do I know what kind of relationship I have with Hyukjae-oppa. All I know is I’m waiting for him. He asked me to.

“I think it’s time for goodbye Yoong. Have a nice day.” My father breaks the silence and then he leaves for work after I step down from the car.

Writer’s POV

“What a great Monday. What a great start of a new week.” Yoona thinks, not realizing that the fire is getting wilder to burn her life.

Yoona is walking on the pavement now, heading to her classroom for another Reverse Psychology lecture. She’s still thinking about how great this Monday is.

Well, Monday is always a mark to start something new after all. In business, they called it Monday Effect. It’s the time when market stock prices or index points are increasing due to something that is unknown and so… they conclude that it’s probably because “Monday”. Oh yeah, how strange but hey, it’s true. Usually, the first day of School after the holiday will be Monday. Monday is considered as the first day of the work week. They’re just some myths about Monday, there are many others but let’s just stop here.

Back to Yoona again who now starts to notice that people are staring at her. Even though it’s still early, SNU has never slept actually. People are just being there even in the dawn until another dawn. It’s always crowded.

Well for Yoona, it’s not like she’s not used to the stares from the people. Notwithstanding of asking for that, she is always one of them who will receive the attention.

Anyhow, the stares are different today. Yeah… she can feel it even without being told. Usually, she’ll get greetings and smiles along with the stares and gazes but today, there are no smiles and greetings. Not that she’s conceited or vain, not that she thinks she’s someone wrapped by cellophane, who should always be greeted but then isn’t it strange. She needs explanation for this indeed. For her, it’s just so astonishing. It’s getting scarier also. It’s unbeatable scary.

Yoona votes for ignoring it and just keeps walking to her classroom when she notes a group of students assembling in front of an announcement board. As she looks around, same thing happened at another announcement board.

She’s getting curious but then she just passed.

When she’s getting closer to that particular bunch of students, she realizes that the students there have been already gazing at her.

She peeks her back, checking, and no one there so she is convinced that the people in front her are looking at her. The stares are just the same with the previous ones.

It feels like those students are mocking her. It feels like they are saying “How can you do that?”, “I can’t believe you can do that.”, or “Do you still have your face to show up here”.

It feels so intimidating.

“But why?” She asks to herself. She really wants to know.

The students automatically give the way to Yoona when the genius girl walking towards the announcement board. They are opening the way for her and Yoona cleaves the crowd to see what’s on the board. She knows she’ll find the answer there. She has the feeling that it’s not a good idea but then she needs the answer more than anything right now.

And she was, by all means, right.

There, on the board, there are multiple photos of her under-the-rain-kissing-scene with Hyukjae.

She’s just so startled that she can’t even say a word. She’s just standing still there, she’s stunned in silence. She’s frozen. She’s scared. She’s angry as well. All of those feelings mixed inside her heart, they’re mingled that she doesn’t know what to do. Then, she reads something there, it says:

BIG SCANDAL FROM IM YOONA!
WHAT A PLAYER! KISSING HER BOYFRIEND’S BESTFRIEND IN FRONT OF HER BOYFRIEND!
NOW CAN WE CALL HER A B*TCH EVERYONE?!


Oh yeah, one of the photo also captures how Donghae witnessed the kissing. She feels like crying already. She is feeling so offended.

Right now, it’s quite distracting and confusing to decide who hurts who. After all, Donghae, Hyukjae, and Yoona, all are victims. But still, for Yoona, it’s really painful. Maybe because she’s used to the kind and warm welcome from everyone, or else, maybe she’s just not that ready to face such one-sided perspective like this. This way, people will see her as the villain and only her.

After spending several minutes over there, Yoona just then turned around to find her route to the class again. She acts really cool. She doesn’t bother what people think. She also doesn’t care to take down all of the pictures. It’ll be tiring to tour the campus just to do that because she’s convinced that the photos were spread in every corner of the campus’ buildings. She doesn’t even care who posted the photos. She just wanted to escape now.

Truth is… she’s also holding her tears. She walks with her head facing down. She almost bumps into some other students but finally she arrives at the class. It’s the best place now because no one there. Well, it’s still 8.25 am so of course no one there. She sits in the front row then stores her head on the table. She’s crying in soreness.

Meanwhile, another fight just occurred.

“Kwon Yuri I saw the photos in your camera! You can’t lie to me.” Taeyeon says, running behind the said sporty girl. Both are heading to their Reverse Psychology class.

“So why Taeyeon-ah if it’s me? Why? It’s not even your problem!” Yuri replies and now she’s already in front of their classroom’s door.

“Well, it’s not even your problem too! Are you crazy Yuri-yah?!!! It’s totally wrong. What the heck are you trying to pursue by posting those photos all over the campus?!” Taeyeon half-whispers her last sentence. She thinks she just caught Yuri.

“Kim Taeyeon… I don’t want to argue anymore. Beside, who says I’m the one posting the photos?! Your words are groundless… really. And it’s better to be quiet now, we’re in the class already!!!”

Yuri says, opening the door to shock Yoona. It’s still 8.28 am so there’s still only Yoona in the class. Well, both parties are surprised. Yoona quickly wipes her tears as she sees Yuri entering the class. Yuri doesn’t bother to greet actually. Yuri is undeniably surprised as well but she just walks through an empty seat at the 3rd row.

“YAHHH!!! HOW CAN YOU LIE?! I TOLD YOU I SAW THE PH-” Taeyeon stops herself when she enters the class to see Yoona

“PH…otos in your camera!” She continues inside her heart. She’s taken aback to see the object of her debating session with Yuri. She’s grateful because she can stop herself. Taeyeon gives a little bow.

Yoona glares at the third person who just came but then turns again her head. She stops crying now. She thinks that maybe these two classmates have already seen the photos so crying will show them that she’s hurt. Well, she is actually. She just doesn’t want to show others.

Taeyeon chooses the 4th row as she still can’t believe that Yuri is the one humiliating Yoona. Yuri, however, just acts cool. She’s relieved Taeyeon doesn’t sit beside her cause it will be annoying to argue again.

Right after Taeyeon sits, the door opened again, revealing another victim, if you may call him a victim too, Lee Donghae. It’s not even one second needed for Yoona to avoid seeing the now-walking guy. She’s very intimidated now by the presence of Donghae. But she just shuts .

Taeyeon and Yuri both are cross and curious as well. They never expect that everything will be so coincident like this yet they’re waiting for what’s going to happen now.

Donghae walks and he is looking fine and cool as well. No anger can be traced. He just passed Yoona like a wind and walks towards the 10th row where he sits. Actually, a classmate texted him this morning, telling that a scandal involving him, Yoona, and Hyukjae has been spread in the campus. That makes him anxious so he decides to come to SNU this early. When he finds out about it, he’s actually hurt as well. People may think that he’s the only victim here and actually he can feel the sympathy and empathy just from the looks of the other students.

However, he knows very well the real truth behind this scandal. He pities Hyukjae and Yoona of course. He’s feeling guilty as well. Maybe because he’s already a player, so it’s too common when he breaks other’s heart. It’s because Yoona has such spotless reputation that people feel disgusted over her. He wants to comfort Yoona but then the existence of Yuri and Taeyeon blocks him.

On the other hand, Tiffany, Hyukjae, and Jessica are all on their own respective ways to the classroom as well. They have their own respective reasons too.

Being the president of students’ body, Tiffany assumes that she has to be a role model and thus coming to the class early is her routine. Usually, Kyuhyun will be with her for this Reverse Psychology class but then after what happened on Friday, they didn’t communicate that much anymore. Actually, both are looking for opportunity to clarify the things that need to be clarified.

Tiffany enters the class and being a little bit tired, she doesn’t greet anyone. She doesn’t know the others though. She had seen the photos but she just passed that thing. She had lots of other thing to do. She’s the president yet she needs to prioritize. She believes that later the scandal will disappear by itself.

As for Hyukjae, it’s 8.32 am sharp when he enters the class to make the atmosphere getting more tensed there. He is completely oblivious about the scandal actually. En route to the class, he was fully aware and mindful about the stares from other students. However, being the shy one, he opted to avoid them and thus he didn’t know about the poster thing.

To tell you the truth, he was reading a book in the cafeteria when he suddenly felt uncomfortable because of the stares pointed to him. That’s why, he decides to go to the class soon but he finds out that the glares were following him. They’re everywhere. He witnessed the crowd of the students in front of every announcement board but he’s careless as he doesn’t like being the center of attention. Little did he know, he just became somewhat famous figure in SNU.

His eyes are exploring the whole class. You can’t imagine how happy he is to spot Yoona there. He’s about to go to that girl when he sees Donghae above at the later row. He doesn’t care about Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Yuri who are actually feeling afraid now because now the three main actors of the scandal have been gathered in one room.

Donghae and Yoona both are shocked to the max to have Hyukjae in the class now. It adds the pressure. They are waiting for Hyukjae’s decision on what he’s going to do when someone appears behind Hyukjae.

Hyukjae is actually still standing and holding the door handle, thinking about what he should do now when Jessica comes from his back.

“Excuse me.” Jessica says and that makes Hyukjae startled.

He unconsciously pouts, showing his disappointment for troubling Jessica’s way.

“I’m sorry.” He replies.

Jessica, the famous ice princess ever, walks in and you can say that she doesn’t care with everything. She just walks like no one else in the classroom. Nonetheless, a pair of eyes is following her movement, Yuri’s eyes to be exact. In addition, Jessica sports newly-darkened-hair now.

Jessica goes upstairs to the latest row of the class and Hyukjae follows her from her back. Hyukjae also sits at the latest row. He finally decides to do nothing to avoid an uproar situation.

Silence fills the room. Only the sound of blowing-aircons can be heard. No one dares to talk to each other, no one.

However, another sound appears from the door, it’s opened, revealing Cho Kyuhyun. He’s just bored outside and decides to enter the class right now, at 8.35 am. He’s feeling annoyed by the fact people are talking and gossiping about the scandal and that explains why he comes to the class already.

Others may not care but Taeyeon and Tiffany are the most uneasy persons now in that room as Kyuhyun confidently walks. Actually, he’s ranked first as the most uneasy person as he notices Tiffany and Taeyeon are already in the class. He wonders why Tiffany has another bandage now on her cheek compared to the only one on her forehead last week. Right after he sits, another silence dominates.

In the meantime, Siwon is running in the hallway. Actually, he doesn’t need to. It’s because his manager set up his clock 30 minutes earlier that Siwon thinks he’s already late. His manager did that to make sure Siwon attends every class this week because last week he has skipped almost all of his classes for the until-midnight schedule and for waking up late in the morning.

He opens the door and is quickly ready to apologize to his professor when he sees the lonesome classroom. He’s wondering what happened then and what’s going wrong when he realizes that it’s still 8.40 am actually. The clock on the classroom wall doesn’t lie.

Everyone is surprised to the sudden appearance of Choi Siwon who looks in rush. He looks tired from running but then they don’t care anymore. Even Tiffany doesn’t care at all.

“Good morning…” Siwon politely bows a little and greets the others.

However, no one replies. Really, no one shows respectful manners and it adds the level of awkwardness there. It’s really awkward and silent. Realizing no one replies to him and he can also feel the strange aura inside the class, Siwon walks in then joins Kyuhyun and Yoona at the 1st row. They don’t sit side by side though. Siwon curses his manager inside his heart and he’s also oblivious about the scandal. 

If you are a student in this class, it will be wise if you don’t enter the class now. These 9 figures are really setting such tensed, awkward, intimidating, nervous, and anxious atmosphere. True they don’t do anything. They’re just breathing. But hey, that’s just makes it scarier to join this class as of now. No one speaks as they are all thinking and having a dialogue or monologue with themselves.

“What is he thinking right now? Is he mad? Should I wait for him if things turn out to be like this?” Yoona asks herself, thinking about Hyukjae. Being in the front, she can feel that everyone is staring at her from her back.

“Should I apologize to Kyuhyun-sshi for being a little bit harsh last week?” Taeyeon also asks herself.

“Sometimes she seems so close but then she’s far away again. Jessica-sshi, I wonder when I can really reach you.” Yuri mumbles inside his heart.

“Stupid!” That’s what Donghae says to himself. He’s referring to Hyukaje actually. He curses Hyukjae because he thinks that Hyukjae should comfort Yoona now rather than sitting there and doing nothing.

“I should clarify to Kyuhyun… I should apologize too.” Tiffany thinks.

“What’s wrong with everyone? Why am I nervous for no reason?!” Hyukjae asks himself, probably he is the most clueless one.

“I wonder how they are feeling right now?” Jessica murmurs to herself, worrying about Donghae, Yoona, and Hyukjae. The cold lady actually has a warm heart that she understands it must be hard for them. She may look like sleeping now but she’s actually thinking with her eyes closed.

“Why can’t I concentrate?! Aishhhh! I lose again! Arghhhh!” Kyuhyun says to himself after losing at his latest PSP games. “Why can’t I erase the view of Tiffany and Choi Siwon having a romantic moment. Am I somehow jealous?!” He continues talking with his heart.

“Maybe I should apologize for teasing her… Ahhh, no, it’s not my fault though.” Siwon thinks, being protective of his own dignity and prestige. No way he will apologize, he thinks.

Continuous silence takes place, everyone can only hear their heartbeat and it’s faster than usual. They’re all nervous and insecure.

It’s then only 10 minutes later until their professor coming in and all of their classmates start filling the room but it feels like forever already. They all look relieved maybe but some are still afraid of reality. Well, reality does bite honey! And it really does when their professor announces the next assignment in the end of their class.

“Listen… you all! Experts say that we’ll perform better if we’re in the group where all the members have same perspectives. That’s why for this assignment, I’ll already make the group for you based on your topic in the first assignment.”

This pretty professor starts explaining the assignment.

“What makes it interesting, I combine two groups with contradictive opinion of reverse psychology into one group and I would like to see how you will perform with someone having different perspective.”

She pauses then continues again.

“I think you may be in trouble though and I’m expecting bad grades, knowing that you may not work together well. So, here’s your group and the topic that you should discuss and report to me, I’ve determined it for you and no complaints. You only need to do some surveys.”

She explains the details and then the slide presentation shows the list of the groups. Some eyes are fixed there. They can’t believe what they just saw. They sigh heavily.

Group 3: Surveys on police officers/investigators about the use of Reverse Psychology even though it’s considered as sinful action.
Cho Kyuhyun, Tiffany Hwang (+ pro)
Choi Siwon (- contra)

Group 7: Surveys on business practitioners about the use of Reverse Psychology.
Im Yoona, Lee Hyukjae (+ pro)
Lee Donghae (- contra)

Group 8: Surveys on housewives about the use of Reverse Psychology to their children.
Kwon Yuri, Kim Taeyeon (+ pro)
Jessica Jung (- contra)


“Choi Siwon, Lee Donghae, Jessica Jung, I’m sorry because you three have to be alone in your new groups. You did your first assignments by yourself though so I can’t do anything. Ok, class dismissed. And don’t forget everyone, Sunday evening will be the deadline!”

Soon after, the other students are moving but some eyes are still fixed on that slide. Choi Siwon are preparing himself to leave the class as well when he notices that there are 8 classmates of him that are still in the room. Suddenly, it’s their professor who breaks the silence.

“You guys, what’s wrong? Aren’t you leaving?”

Siwon then comes back to his seat. As for now, the other students are already outside leaving particularly Kyuhyun, Yoona, Siwon, Taeyeon, Yuri, Hyukjae, Donghae, Tiffany, and Jessica in the class with professor Song.

“Do you have any questions then about the assignment?”

The professor asks again and three hands are seen being raised up in the air, belong to Yoona, Kyuhyun, and Donghae.

“What’s your question Im Yoona-sshi?” The professor asks Yoona.

“I don’t have any question actually. I’m asking for the reshuffle. I’m sorry professor but really, if you want us to perform well in this assignment, you don’t need to go that far.”

Professor Song raises one of her eyebrows. She knows right away that Yoona already reads everything what she has planned.

“Aha…! You’ve caught me Yoona-sshi.” Said the professor.

“Ok then, I want to know who else understands what I’m talking about with Yoona-sshi. Please raise your hands.” The professor asks.

Kyuhyun and Donghae still raise their hands so it means they understand it already.

“I’m going to say and ask the same thing, professor.” Kyuhyun says.

“Me too.” Donghae continues and professor Song only nods to hear that.

Then Hyukjae shyly raises his hand. He is currently blushing now.

“Ahh… there Hyukjae-sshi.” Professor Song catches the moment.

“Neh… I think… I-I… know, professor. You’ve j-just employed t-the reverse p-psychology r-right?” Hyukjae stops then Kyuhyun continues.

“You said you’re expecting bad grades and thought that we’re in trouble. But in fact, you wanted us to perform well in this assignment by putting different perspectives in one group so we’ll have no bias. Am I correct professor?”

After that, it’s Donghae’s turn.

“So professor, do you mind if we reshuffle the group members?”

Siwon, Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Yuri can only agree while Jessica doesn’t really care though. Somehow, it’s very intriguing to have these groups formed with problems everywhere now. They all, yeah, all of them think that it’s even better now to work alone.

“I’m sorry that I can’t accept any protest my dear students. I don’t understand what happened between you guys because I can see that you really don’t like the groups I’d formed but I won’t change my decision. That’s all.”

And with that professor Song walks, leaving the classroom. The 9 fellows who are frustrated now with the results are swallowed by the unfriendly atmosphere again.

“I’ll go first then! Tiffany-sshi, just contact me when we’re going to do the survey. Thanks!” Siwon says and again, there’s no reply, even from Tiffany, so he just flies away. He’s waiting for a reply actually but it’s wasting his time.

Then Jessica walks downstairs following Siwon. She goes outside now. Yoona takes her turn after that which is quickly followed by Hyukjae. Yuri and Kyuhyun stand up almost at the same time and then walk to the door. Looking at their friends’ movement, Taeyeon and Tiffany catch up. Taeyeon still wants to talk about the scandal with Yuri while Tiffany wants to apologize.

Donghae is left alone in the classroom. He doesn’t show any sign of going out. He just broods there on his seat.

“Y-Yoona!” Hyukjae calls but Yoona ignores him. Yoona walks faster now but Hyukjae finally catches up when they are passing an announcement board. What a coincidence!

“Y-Yoona… waeyo? What’s wrong with you today?” He stops her by taking the girl’s left hand.

Hyukjae walks to be in front of Yoona now, completely unaware of the couple of eyes that are staring at them.

“Oppa… I’m sorry. I want to be alone now. Can we talk later? Please…” Yoona is begging.

Hyukjae is still clueless of course.

“B-but…” Hyukjae can’t continue as he notices something on the board. His eyes are widened. He stares at the photos there and that explains everything for him. The photos make his mind clear now about the disgusted and hatred staring from the other students.

Yoona realizes that Hyukjae doesn’t know about the photos before. However, she needs to be alone, not because she’s avoiding Hyukjae but she’s avoiding more scandal. She’s too scared.

“Oppa… I’m sorry.” Then she leaves, she releases her hand from Hyukjae. Her voice is trembling and Hyukjae can feel that the girl is most likely going to cry. He feels weak now. Seeing Yoona crying is one thing that can weaken his knees.

When Yoona has gone from his sight, Hyukjae contemplates again. He is thinking deeply. The other students keep staring at him, standing there, with his eyes closed, head is facing down, and… clenching his fists.

“ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

He lets out his frustration… screaming in depression. He thinks that it’s really unfair now. He blames himself for everything. His heart is really heating up. He can’t control his emotion anymore. It really !!!

He tears off the photos from the board. He destroys them. The photos are torn apart into pieces. He treads the photos continuously. With anger and wound inside his system and body, he can only think about going after every single photo and ruining it devastatingly, wherever it is.

And so he does.

With every single pair of eyes keep watching over him, he moves from one board to another one, taking off the photos and then tearing them apart into the smallest pieces.

Donghae who just got out from the classroom sees everything. He can see how desperate Hyukjae is.

In the meantime.

“Yuri-yah… just tell me now, one last time… are you behind all of the photos out there?”

Taeyeon gazes at Yuri.

“I told you hundred, no… million times Taeyeon-ah… it’s not me! Don’t disturb me anymore with this!”

Said Yuri, releasing her arm from Taeyeon’s grip, and leaving her. Yuri is not a good liar today as Taeyeon really notes how unconvincing Yuri was. Besides, Taeyeon really saw the photos in Yuri’s camera. Yeah, well, luckily or unluckily, Yuri came at the right time to snatch the camera from Taeyeon before this little girl exploring another set of photos. It was Yuri’s mistake though to leave her camera on the table with Taeyeon when she went to the restroom this morning.

On the other side, another conversation is taking place.

“So… no problems with us right?” Tiffany asks.

“Well, we don’t have any problems to begin with Stephanie.” Said Kyuhyun, addressing Tiffany’s full first name.

“But why are you acting so cold towards me?” Tiffany asks again.

“Because it’s not us… it’s you having problems. I-have-apologized-for-helping-you-with-the-audition!” He replies, emphasizing each word.

“Yeah, do you hear that? I apologize for nothing wrong!” He continues.

“But you don’t understand Kyu-” Tiffany is directly interrupted.

“Well help me to then!” Kyuhyun rebels back.

“Not now… I can’t tell you now. Besides, I’ve decided to join the musical so… yeah… I hope everything is alright now. What do you say?”

Tiffany tells Kyuhyun, hoping that Kyuhyun will choose the peaceful old lifestyle.

“I don’t know Fany. It doesn’t matter anymore though. It’s better for me…”

“To what?” Tiffany cuts him right away.

“To stay away from you… and I need to be firm with my decision! That’s all.”

And then Kyuhyun leaves Tiffany. It seems like he’s trapped in jealousy.

And it seems like everyone is having problems!

Siwon’s POV

After my lunch, I got back to my campus, having this meeting for the musical performance.

Ahhh chinja… why can’t I take my eyes from her? You make it too obvious Choi Siwon!

I scold myself, taking away my stare from that face.

Since that day, yeah, since that day she fell on me, I can’t stop thinking about her. What’s this?

Is this love?

Am I in love with her? With Tiffany-sshi?

Andwae!!! Andwae!!! It can’t be.

But it seems like it is so. Am I neglecting my own feelings? Oh come on!

“Choi Siwon-sshi…” This call from a professor surprises me, waking me up from my daydreaming.

“Neh! Sorry… Where are we?” I’m asking for what I miss. Tiffany-sshi should be responsible for this.

“Well, as you can see, we’re here in the mini theatre, talking about the annual musical performance, celebrating the campus’ anniversary.” Replied the professor and yeah… I fully know about it.

“What I mean is, what are we talking about? Did I just miss something professor?” I respond.

“Well, we’re not starting yet. I call you to seek for attention because you look… uncomfortable. Are you alright? Are you ready?”

“Ah, I see. Mianhe. I’m alright professor. You may start this meeting.”

After my response, we then start the meeting and again, I can’t help myself but to stare at her. It is seriously a joke. It’s seriously a disaster. Have I fallen in love with her then? I need to make it sure.

I try to focus again and I read the synopsis, trying to disobey my own passion to look at her.

MUSICAL
KOIZORA: SETSUNAI KOI MONOGATARI

Short Plot

During her freshman year in high school, Mika Tahara (Kim Taeyeon) loses her cellular phone, she and her frined, Aya (Sunny), have been looking for it, but later she finds it in the school library with the help of an unknown caller. Throughout the summer, Mika and the mysterious caller continue to communicate, and agree to meet each other once school starts again. The caller turns out to be Hiro (Cho Kyuhyun), a delinquent-like boy Mika is initially afraid of, who shows proof of his identity as the caller with a photo of the sky on his cellular phone.

From her friends and through her first romantic encounter with Hiro, Mika learns that he had a girlfriend named Saki (Choi Sooyoung). Although Hiro reassures her that he broke up with her, Saki, who still is in love with Hiro, holds a vendetta against Mika and hires a group of men to her. The horrific encounter ends with Hiro and his older sister Minako (Victoria Song) punishing both the men and Saki, but not long after, someone writes a provocative message on all of the school chalkboards with Mika's name and phone number. Hiro continues to protect Mika from all of the bullying advances, but she assures him that she's not frightened anymore from being with him.

Mika later becomes pregnant after she and Hiro consummate in the school library. Hiro is thrilled by the news and both of them gain Hiro's parents' permission to raise the child together, although Mika's parents disapprove of the action. Despite this, Mika is determined to have the baby until the birth becomes a miscarriage due to the physical trauma received when Saki pushed her down a flight of stairs. Despaired, Mika and Hiro build a grave for their baby and promise each other to come visit the memorial on the day of the baby's death yearly.

Shortly after their second year in high school begins, Hiro begins to distance himself from Mika and breaks up with her. Although hurt, Mika meets a college student named Yū (Onew) at a gōkon (group date), who becomes sympathetic to her situation. The two date, and Yū even prevents Mika's parents from divorcing. On the day of the baby's death, Mika finds Hiro visiting the grave as per their promise. The next year, she continues to move on from Hiro; however, on the day of the baby's death, Mika finds Nozomu (Kim Jonghyun) at the grave. Nozomu reveals the truth about Hiro's sickly situation, and that he was asked by Hiro himself to watch over Mika.

Mika breaks up with Yū and finds Hiro, diagnosed with cancer, awaiting death at the hospital. Upset that he pretended he didn't love her only to ensure she would have a happy future, she insists that only he can make her happy. Hiro eventually gives into his feelings and gets back together with her. Mika begins to visit the hospital daily, even taking an academic leave, to take care of Hiro, who slowly begins to show signs of recovery. Hiro's resolve to live becomes stronger until he dies during a check-up. Mika is saddened by Hiro's death and tries to commit suicide, but is stopped by a flock of birds flying towards her. She takes this as a sign of Hiro, in the sky, discouraging her from killing herself, and realizes through this and Hiro's journal that he would have wanted her to continue to live. Seven years later, she reflects on how her life had changed upon meeting Hiro, and that she is living happily with him and their baby in mind.


Writer’s POV

“It sounds interesting though.” Siwon says to himself.

Strangely, the atmosphere is actually very cold as well in the mini theatre, it feels really unfriendly. It’s just the same with the one in the Reverse Psychology class. Does everyone need to be so… hmmm… what to call it… numb maybe?!

Or, is it particularly some other persons who bring the mood down. Tiffany, Kyuhyun, Siwon, and Taeyeon are surely responsible for this. It seems like they are really causing such air in the room. They still bring the anxiety and agony and they radiate it. They need a life quickly before going too deep in the unending hole of pain and lie.

On the side note, Yoona finds herself, freezing in front of Donghae, who diligently taking off the photos from a board near their department.

Donghae realizes Yoona’s presence and then starts explaining.

“I’m just helping him.” He says.

“Him?” Yoona questions even though she kinda knows the answer.

“Yeah him, that stupid Lee Hyukjae who thinks he can clean all of the boards by his own.”

Yoona doesn’t reply to that and Donghae takes this opportunity to speak again.

“Yoona, shouldn’t you help him? Shouldn’t you help us instead of running away? Aren’t you smart? You must have known better that running away won’t ever solve a problem. You should face and overcome it, shouldn’t you huh?!”

Those words are really sticking into Yoona’s heart.

“I…” Yoona can’t continue as Donghae quickly replies.

“I know what you are going to say… You’ll say who am I to say all of those things to you? After all, I am the bad Lee Donghae right?!” Donghae says, giving a quick and temporary glance at Yoona and then continues cleaning the board from the scandalous photos of them.”

Yoona thinks about her answer and she immediately finds it. She starts walking.

“He’s probably in the north buildings right now. He’s been surrounding the campus all day. He must need you there. Don’t think I’m doing it to get your attention! I’m just trying to be fair. He needs you more now. Even so, I believe I still stand a chance to win your heart.” Donghae says again to Yoona.

Yoona, who stopped for a moment to listen to Donghae then walks again on her way to Hyukjae but then she says something before leaving Donghae.

“Sunbae… I actually think you’re not bad!” She pauses then proceeds to her next sentence.

“I think… you’re just a good person with perhaps many bad things happened to you.”

##########

A/N

I got a busy week but here’s another update. And oh I’m sorry, this one was plain I think. I hope you’ll still like it. And then, for the next chapter (I hope I can make it done soon), I’ll write about HaeSica and YulSic. You miss them right? ^_^ I miss them too. You’ll know how Yoona got her crush on Hyukkie also. ^_^

I think you are hoping to know the other’s lies and it seems like taking forever but don’t worry, it’ll be revealed to you after the next chapter. And for the plot of the musical, it’s purely taken from WIKIPEDIA for the same movie title. Had you, by any chance, ever seen the movie?