1 - Prologue

The Liar(s)

1 - PROLOGUE

Someone’s POV

Tonight, again and again, the shining stars and pale moon have witnessed my dirty job. I just killed someone. I just took another live. I grin seeing the blood flowing out.

Who am I?

I am a murderer. I am the enemy of every gangster members in this country. I’m their biggest nightmare in the night.

Why am I doing this?

I don’t know my exact reason but here I am…

Why am I doing this?

Fine… if you really want to know. It’s actually grudge. I have an unforgettable grudge against those gangsters.

But why should I kill them?

I have this grudge when I saw with my own eyes how some gangsters cruelly bullied and tortured my parents. Thanks God they are still alive now. However, I can’t stand these mean people anymore ever since. You can try to be me to feel what I felt that time but I guess you won’t have any guts to kill them as what I have done so far.

So, probably it is just me who likes killing and taking someone’s live. I enjoy seeing these people hurting and begging for apology.

Honestly, I actually do this for money! Yes… what else can lead me to be a murderer except money? Money can buy anything!

Who is my boss?

Hmmm… all I can tell is that… he’s someone in our government. In order to make our country safe, the government indeed needs someone like me so they won’t mess their own clean hands.

What’s my name?

That’s secret I’ll never tell!

Do my parents know my dirty job?

No they don’t. In this world, I truly believe that there are two people knowing about it. They are my boss… and me.

Am I happy by doing this?

It is the stupidest question I have ever heard. I AM HELL NOT! How can you think I am happy to do this?!

Then why am I doing this again?

And the same routine questions appear. I do really can’t find the right words to answer all of these questions. In the end, there’s always one question that pops out again…

Why am I doing this?

I must admit that I actually enjoy my night life more than my day life.

What’s the difference?

Kekekeke, There are too many difference that you won’t believe that I’m a murderer at midnight.

When the morning comes and then you see the sunrise, that’s the time when I wake up. I’ll do what normal people do in the morning. Well yeah, for a college student like me to be exact. I’ll take a bath and then greet my parents, take my breakfast before flying to my campus. It’s a pretty normal and down-to-earth life right?

In short, I don’t know which one is the real me! As of now, I would like to say that my life together with the sun is a fake actually. I would prefer to live my night life if I have to choose.

I don’t mind if you think I’m pathetic or a bast*rd liar who’ll do anything for money. I really don’t care because I believe that everyone in this world is lying!

Writer’s POV

Yeah, it was so true that everyone in this world is lying, specifically for these nine people.

Who are they?

Uhmmm… who should be the first to be introduced?



Ok then… decided… let’s go with Jessica Jung, a very beautiful Korean-American girl.

Jessica is your typical unfriendly friends in the classroom. In Seoul National University (SNU), she is one of the famous students. She’s so famous that even all of the lecturers know her. Well, she’s the daughter of SNU’s president thus everyone knows her.

Being the president’s daughter actually puts her in the middle of attention instantly even when she doesn’t ask for that.

She doesn’t like everything in her campus life except one thing, sleeping in the class. She really enjoys sleeping and she can’t deny that the chairs and tables in her classrooms are so comfortable. Once she sits, there she sleeps. And for the sake of being the president’s daughter, she is never scolded by the lecturers.

What thing does she hate the most then? As many of you can guest, it’s actually being the president’s daughter. Living in the USA before entering college makes her having no friends. On the other side, her classmates find her too intimidating and cold. Yes, she is expressionless and it’s very rare to see her smile.

However, she doesn’t care about that. As long as you don’t mess with her, she won’t mess with you! People just don’t know the truth about her life.



Enough for the first Korean-American… well that means there’s the second Korean-American and her name is Tiffany Hwang.

Bubbly, pretty, friendly, and talk active. That’s Tiffany for short. All the students in this best university in Korea know Tiffany so well for her bright personality. She is so lovable and likable that’s why students support her to be the students’ body president.

She spreads her smile everywhere she goes. She says hi to everyone she meets on her way. She helps her friends who are in need with all her might but she knows they are only lies.

There’s a saying that once you lie then you will keep lying and that’s really proven in Tiffany’s life. She is actually forced to keep her eye-smile drawn on her face by her lies. She is tired of lying but she needs to do it to keep her image. She is a victim of her own-lying.

However, what are her lies actually?



That’s of course won’t be revealed now and it’s better to move to Im Yoona.

She is another student in the popular group. Well, how come she is not if she is the smartest student in SNU. She is so brilliant and genius that she is taking three different majors in SNU. Despite being absent for several classes due to overlapping schedules, she maintains her grade very well in every courses. She always gets A! That’s why all of her lecturers are ok if she skips the class.

It is as impossible as sunrise in the west and sunset in the east if she doesn’t get A!

That’s only the beginning actually. She is the epitome of being perfect. Her smile is the most beautiful smile people ever see and she is also coming from a very rich family. She is known as a kind, nice, and caring person. She is very hospitable. The only flaw that people will relate to her is the lack of talking. Well, unless you consider that as a flaw.

Yeah, she isn’t like Tiffany who loves talking. Yoona will talk when she wants to talk or when she is asked to. She is a little bit quiet, shy, and polite young girl but she is not a nerd or a bookworm actually. She just loves studying. At least, that’s what she shows in her campus. We never know who Yoona really is.

She looks lovely with her glasses covering her endearing eyes but we never know what is inside her?!



The next are the two girls coming from not-so-popular world. Well, in every university, there are popular and normal students right?!

Kwon Yuri and Kim Taeyeon are the examples of those not-so-popular students. Maybe it’s way better to describe them as normal students though.

Both Yuri and Taeyeon are not famous all around the campus but actually they are quite famous in the circle of their friends.

Yuri is known for her exceptional swimming skill. She is very athletic and sporty and she is very good at dancing also. She joins the swimming and modern-dancing clubs to express herself. Despite having these talents, she is not as famous as Yoona, Tiffany, or Jessica but students who are aware with sports or dancing competition must know who Yuri is.



Taeyeon is the least famous actually if that is enough to describe her. She is only a student. She really is. She joins the choir club and that’s all… nothing special about her.

However, it’s not like Yuri and Taeyeon don’t have something to lie about their life. They sure have!



As God creates Adam and Eve, of course SNU has the popular boys as well.

For this, let’s start with Choi Siwon. The movie actor who looks perfect not only for his stunningly handsome face but also his great body features.

Speaking about popularity, then Choi Siwon comes at the first place in SNU. People may have forgotten who Jessica, Tiffany, or Yoona are but they won’t ever forget Choi Siwon.

He is too popular that he has his own fan club in SNU campus. There are many other celebrities attending SNU but they are overshadowed by Choi Siwon’s presence.

The actor actually never asks to have all of this popularity. He just loves acting… and he always wishes that someday he will have a normal campus life.



Lee Donghae must be mentioned if you talk about famous guy in SNU. Even though SNU has Choi Siwon, it’s Donghae who conquers all the girls’ heart. Well, that literally means he is a super playboy. With his good look and experience, it’s easy to get some hot girls he wants and then sleeps with them and breaks them up in one week. For your information, he never fails!

It’s strange how many girls will always fall for him because they already know how evil he is when it comes to love.

It turns out to be that all the girls in Korea will be proud if Donghae can be their ex-boyfriend. It’s something like you can treasure for the rest of your life and thus Donghae always wins those girls’ hearts.



Though there are many more famous guys in SNU, they are not as special as Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Hyukjae.

Why?

These two guys don’t have the quality and charisma that both Siwon and Donghae have. Cho Kyuhyun, pretty much like Kim Taeyeon is only someone who spends his daily life in campus like it is a compulsory thing. He joins the choir club as well and no one can deny how beautiful his voice is. He is also known to be the best gamer in town. He always walks with his PSP and you don’t dare disturb him when he plays or else… hmmm… you are in danger.



As for Lee Hyukjae, he is so lucky that he is Lee Donghae’s best friend and many girls know him for sure. Well, the only reason why all of the girls try to be close with him is of course Lee Donghae. Somehow, girls will come to Hyukjae to get Donghae’s attention. That doesn’t really bother Hyukaje actually as he is so usual with it since his high school period with Donghae and he’s never mad at Donghae because of this. He never envies Donghae because he values their friendship more than anything.

One hundred and eighty degrees from Donghae, Hyukjae is actually a very shy person. He is very easy to blush and his face can be turned to red easily. He is very honest with his expression. You can guess 100% correct whether he is sad, happy, mad, etc. He is just so as clear as water to see what is inside and he is very innocent.



Reading the descriptions above, don’t think that they are all enough. Similar with the girls, these guys also lie! They lie to the point where they need to stay being that way.

In case they don’t lie… don’t worry because sooner or later, they will lie for sure because everyone is a liar!

And another note is… who is the murderer? Is this murderer one of these nine people?! Kekeke.

##########

THE CHARACTERS

A/N
I make this simple character' profiles so you won't get confused when you are reading the story.

Jessica Jung
Age: 20 (3rd year)
Major: International Affair

Tiffany Hwang
Age: 20 (3rd year)
Major: Communication Science

Im Yoona
Age: 19 (2nd year)
Major: Business and Management, Chemical Engineering, Accountancy

Kwon Yuri
Age: 20 (2nd year)
Major: Economics

Kim Taeyeon
Age: 20 (3rd year)
Major: Musicals

Choi Siwon
Age: 21 (4th year)
Major: Psychology

Lee Donghae
Age: 21 (4th year)
Major: Business and Management

Cho Kyuhyun
Age: 20 (3rd year)
Major: Laws

Lee Hyukjae
Age: 21 (4th year)
Major: Business and Management