Her Short Temper

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

“Does it look like I'm alright Jonghyun?” she asked; her voice croaky from her crying.

Changjo reached out, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Talk to me.”
Rachel hid her face in her arms. “Are you serious?” she mumbled.
Changjo sat in front of Rachel, pulling her arms away so he could take her hands in his. “Deadly serious. Tell me what’s wrong.”

She pulled her hands away from his, and glared at Changjo. “Yah, Jonghyun, don't touch me.” Rachel muttered.
Changjo frowned. “Don't take that tone with me.”
Rachel stood up, and she felt another tear run down her cheek. “Since when can you tell me what to do?!” she raised her voice a little, quivering from her constant tears.
“Yah! Why are you yelling? I only asked you what’s wrong!” Changjo countered; his jaw tight.
Rachel made her hands into fists, and Changjo continued to look at her with the feeling that Rachel would have steam come out of her ears at any moment. He was confused; not knowing what caused Rachel’s sudden outburst worried him. Was his girlfriend bipolar?

He pouted at the thought of having to deal with a Rachel that had multiple personalities. It was hard enough for him to handle to normal her.

Soon enough, Rachel began yelling at Changjo again, and Changjo occasionally countered back, the noise getting the attention of everyone else in the dorm.

“Hey, what’s that noise?” L.Joe asked, frowning slightly.
“What noise?” Chunji replied.
“Sounds like yelling...” Ricky said, standing up and going towards the door. As he opened the door slowly, he gasped, and motioned for everyone to come. The rest of the group huddled at the door, their heads poking out of the door.

None of them could hear what they were saying, but they knew that it was something bad. The yelling increased a little more, and everyone watched with worried eyes.

Changjo stared at her angered expression. “Rachel, you’re going to have to tell me what the hell is wrong with you, or I won’t leave.”
“Oh, now you think you wear the pants in the relationship? What the hell gave you that right?!” Rachel replied.
“I didn’t even say anything about pants!” Changjo ruffled his hair in frustration.
“So what! You know what’s gotten me all ing pissed!?”
“Please. It’s not like I was trying to get that out of you for the past 10 minutes,” Changjo replied sarcastically.
“Don't start acting like a smart boy.” Rachel crossed her arms.
“Boy!?” Changjo stepped forward.
“Take one more step and you’ll wish you weren’t a boy in the first place.” Rachel narrowed her eyes, and continued to glare at Changjo.
“Just tell me what your problem is before I leave you alone in the hallway and talk to the others again.”
“THAT’S MY PROBLEM!”

Changjo’s eyes widened as Rachel pointed at him. “Mworago?”
“It’s all her fault.” Rachel’s eyes began to sting as she started to cry again.
“...Ginger?”
“Don't even say her name. Ever since she appeared, it’s like the reason for her existence is to make me feel like killing myself.”
Changjo frowned. “But she never did anything to you.”
Great, now you’re defending her. “That’s not the point! She looks like me! SHE’S ING BETTER THAN ME! Just look at her! She’s pretty, smart and I'm sure by the end of this week everyone in the school will love her! She’s even in the same drama as Mizuki’s boyfriend! Hell, SHE’S PERFECT!” Rachel quickly wiped away her tears before Changjo could do anything.
“But Rachel, she’s only my friend.” Changjo said quietly, extending a hand to comfort her.
“...Stop. Don’t.” Rachel shook her head.
“What?” Changjo stepped closer, almost breaking Rachel’s personal space barrier.
Rachel pushed him away. “Don't touch me. Ginger’s more than enough for you.”
Changjo continued to persist, taking hold of Rachel’s shoulders. “Look at me Rachel. Look. At. Me.”

Rachel glanced at the door of the dorm, seeing everyone peering outside in curiosity. She couldn't see Ginger, and she felt a small amount of relief. But Niel was there.

She knew that they couldn't hear what they were saying, unless they were yelling.
“Jonghyun, please. I need to be alone.” Rachel said, almost wanting to just hug Changjo tightly. She didn’t need this. She didn’t need to conflict, she didn’t need the jealousy and she didn’t need Ginger to be here in the first place. Things were hard enough with Niel anyway.

Every time Rachel saw Ginger, she felt like she was losing Changjo bit by bit.

And although Niel was there for her, she knew he couldn't fill the void that Changjo would leave. 

“Look at me first Rachel.” Changjo said sternly, his eyes staring into Rachel’s.
“What?” Rachel mumbled, looking up.
“She’ll never be what you are to me. Remember that.”
“Jonghyun, Niel can see us.”
“I don't car–”
“Shh. I already know what you’re going to say. Now, I'm going to scream at you again. Act in shock. Araso?” Rachel smiled as Changjo’s eyes widened.
“Jagiya, you amaze me. I lov–”

Rachel pushed Changjo away. “CHOI JONGHYUN!”
Changjo jumped in shock. “Wh-what!?”
Rachel glared at him. “YOU’RE A PAIN IN THE AND I HOPE YOU SUFFER!”
“Gee, that’s a little harsh.” Changjo replied.
“I DON'T ING CARE!” Rachel punched Changjo’s chest, and winced at how hard it really was. She slapped him instead, and ran down the hallway and towards the stairs.

Changjo stood in silence, staring at the ground. He fought the smile that was appearing on his face, and rubbed his chest at where she slapped him. He was sure she couldn't stay mad at anyone especially after what he just witnessed. As he leaned against the wall of the hallway, he breathed a sigh, and crossed his arms, hoping that the others would see his ‘shocked’ expression.

***

The rest of the members and the girls watched as Changjo leaned against the wall, head down. Seoul and Mizuki barged out of the door, and ran down the hallway. As Seoul followed Mizuki’s quick descend down the stairs, she stopped in front of Changjo.
“Yah, Changjo.” She said, looking up at him.
“Hm?” Changjo replied, looking at the ground.
“Better think of a way to make it up to her.”
“Araso.” Changjo uncrossed his arms.  

Seoul moved to follow Mizuki, and Changjo began to walk back to the dorm.

While the rest of Teen Top cleared away as Changjo walked back into the dorm, Niel stayed still as Changjo walked past him. Niel frowned to himself as he tried to understand the situation. Why were they arguing? It’s like they’re a couple or something...

“Niel! You alright?” Changjo called from the couch.
Niel turned around, and closed the door as he walked further into their dorm. “I'm fine.” 

***

Ginger’s POV

What the hell was that girl’s problem? Yelling at Changjo? And hitting him too? The nerve. Honestly, commoners like her don’t understand what it’s like living the life of a famous person.

She didn’t even have the right to touch him.

Although it had been ages since I last saw Jonghyun, I knew that he didn’t forget about me or our friendship. For God’s sake, I knew him longer than that ‘Rachel’ chick.
Ugh, commoners piss me off. I was special since birth; I inherited my parent’s money, acting skills and their beauty. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn’t be where I was now.

Which was the top of course.

...Then I met Jonghyun.
A normal boy I guess, but he was blessed too. Even though his parents worked at my Father’s company, I didn’t seem to mind a commo–wait, a boy like him.

Strikingly handsome, I remember spending my weekends on play-dates with him when we were young and even then, he was confident. I couldn’t help but ‘fall in love’ with him, as they all say.

I sat down on the couch next to Jonghyun, and subconsciously linked my arm with his. He didn’t seem to mind, and I felt a little more triumphant. As he continued to talk to his hyungs, I let my hand slowly move up to his, opening it so I could hold his hand. But he wouldn’t open it, instead, he would close it tightly, and if I didn’t know any better, I could feel him moving away from me. I looked up at him, and he was still engrossed in conversation. Heck, this was going to be harder than I thought.

I had it all planned out. I would come back, claim him, and he’d rightfully be by my side.

As it should be. I was a princess, he was my prince.

There wasn't any other way to put it, but there was always that one problem.
Why did Jonghyun have to have a girl as his closest friend? It made things all the more harder for me. Sure, their argument was pretty heated up but I really couldn't give a crap. Honestly...

Jonghyun cleared his throat, and I looked up at him again.
“What?” I asked.
“Do you mind?” he asked nicely, a smile creeping on his lips.
I wondered what those lips would taste like, and if that ‘Rachel’ girl tasted them. “What did I do wrong Jonghyunnie?” I asked innocently, pulling off my perfect ‘innocent’ look. I wasn't in the acting industry for nothing. I got a drama coming up for God’s sake.

He pointed to my arm, which was still intertwined with his, but I had my hand in his jeans pocket. It was quite comfortable really. I had the urge to just slip my hands down a ‘different’ pocket...

“YAH!!!! Ginger!” one of the boys made me jump in surprise as he called my name.
“What!?” I yelled back, wondering who the source was.
A boy with dark blonde hair looked at me. “Changjo asked you do to something, I think you should oblige.”
I raised an eyebrow. He was quite attractive, and looked like he could have an amazing smile. “Who are you?”
“I’d rather you take your hand out of my Dongsaeng’s pants before I answer that question,” he replied with a smirk.

I could feel Jonghyun chuckle beside me. I reluctantly pulled my arm away from Jonghyun, and rested it in my lap.
“I'm Chunji.” The boy said as soon as I pulled away from Jonghyun.
“Oh?” I replied with a smile.
He nodded, but I could see he was distressed somehow. I decided to disregard it, and tried once more to get a conversation out of Jonghyun like I did after school.

***

Rachel continued to run until she was far enough from the building that she could stop and take a breather. She rested her hands on her knees, and tried to regain her breath. She was an idiot, and she knew it. She at staying mad at people. It was a well known fault of hers, but that was the first time Jonghyun saw it.

Mizuki and Seoul saw it frequently.

Rachel was one with a short temper, but she was also short in staying mad.

It ruined everything. Every time she told herself that she would never talk to that person because of what they did, she ended up talking to them anyway a few hours later.

She was too polite for her own good.

Rachel straightened up, and started to walk to her house, not even bothering to take her phone out to talk to Jonghyun. Ginger would be there, and knowing that she was made Rachel all edgy. She continued to walk until she heard small voices from behind her.

“YAH! YAH! RACHEL! YAAH!” Seoul called, and Rachel turned around, seeing her two friends run towards her.