A Deal That Shouldn't Have Been Made

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

 

(A/N) - Flasbacks will be in Italics.


 

A WEEK LATER

Changjo knew what he said to Rachel was wrong. Hell, he knew kissing Ginger back was wrong.

But it was the truth.

Well, it was...twisted.

The door slammed, and Changjo pulled away, looking at his bedroom door. "What was that?"

Ginger shrugged, leaning towards Changjo again. "It was probably the wind."

Changjo shook his head, standing up. He wiped his lips with the back of his hand, seeing the glitter from Ginger's lip-gloss. He grimaced at it before opening the door, walking down the hallway to see L.Joe, Seoul and Mizuki walk out the front door.

Niel, Chunji, Ricky and CAP looked at Changjo, shock on their faces.
"What did you do?" Chunji asked.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Changjo replied.
CAP sighed heavily, looking Changjo right in the eye. "Don't lie, Changjo."

Changjo shook his head, walking towards the front door and opening it. He glanced to the side, and saw the group at the front of the stairs. Rachel caught his eye, and walked over.

"Jagi, what did you see?" Changjo asked.
"Oh, so you knew I was there? Watching you?"
"No-one would slam the door like that."
"Are you trying to defend yourself? Cause it's not working," Rachel looked up at Changjo, making eye contact.
"Look, that was nothing." Changjo reasoned.
"So what, there was more?"

Changjo sighed, closing his eyes. "It was just a kiss."
Rachel scoffed, knowing that Seoul, Mizuki and L.Joe were watching. "A kiss? Just a kiss?"
"Jagi—"
"How can you say that? It was just a kiss...AND YET YOU KISSED BACK! JERK!" Rachel lifted her left hand,  slapping Changjo with the back of it.

Changjo let his head swing to the side, his cheek stinging in pain.

Rachel fought back an angry sob, and walked away, shoving past Seoul and Mizuki who tried to hold her back.

Changjo bit his lip, his cheek numb. As he turned his head to watch Rachel storm down the stairs, Seoul, Mizuki and L.Joe looked at him.

"You kissed Ginger?" Seoul asked.
"...She kissed me." Changjo replied.
"That isn't an excuse." L.joe said, walking past him and going into the dorm. The others followed, and Seoul glanced at Changjo before shaking her head and walking inside as well.

Ginger held the door open, walking outside. "Jonghyunnie, what happened?"
Changjo shook his head, and Ginger looked at his cheek, a prominent mark on it.

"Nothing happened." Changjo replied.
"Why did that Rachel girl walk out?"
"That 'Rachel girl' is my girlfriend." Changjo eyed Ginger, his jaw tight.
"So?"
"Don't insult her."
"Says the one who kissed me."

Changjo kept his mouth shut, and Ginger tapped her chin, thinking for a moment.

"Jonghyunnie, I have a proposition for you."

 Changjo looked at Ginger, crossing his arms."What is it?"
Ginger wrapped her arms around Changjo's neck, grinning mischievously. "Go to Rachel, beg for her forgiveness, and when she's say why you did it, say that you've liked me before you met her. It'll give her the idea you went out with her because she looks like me."

Changjo's eyes narrowed, pushing Ginger away, as if she was a poisonous creature. "And what if I don't?"
Ginger looked at Changjo, her expression defiant. "If you don't...I'll tell your parents."
Changjo scoffed. "You're going to tell on me? On what grounds?"
Ginger laughed, letting go of Changjo. "Oh, I'm sure you remember."

Changjo's eyes widened. "You wouldn't."
Ginger nodded. "Oh, yes I would. You do what I tell you, or I'll tell your parents that you've been cheating on me."

Changjo glared at the ground."Yah ,Ginger. You cant just pull something like this now. I haven't seen you for years, and neither have my parents."
Ginger giggled. "Oh, you cant forget the time I came for Christmas could you?"

Changjo kept his mouth shut, thinking back to that horrid Christmas. "Please, don't bring it up."

Ginger opened the door to the dorm, walking inside, and smiling at Changjo.

Changjo let out a sigh, and followed.

***

Rachel covered her face with her pillow as she heard her alarm blare in her ear. Reaching a hand out, she attempted to turn it off, but instead just pushed it off the bedside table, making it blare even louder.

"Ugh, you stupid piece of crap." Rachel leaned over the bed, pressing the snooze button. She sat up, running a hand through her hair. Her mind flashed back to when everyone was at the dojo.

She hadn't talked to him since then.

Rachel felt hopeless, even though she said to Changjo's face that she hated him, she couldn't help but feel that little bit of emptiness in her heart. That emptiness that no-one but him could fill. She looked at her hand.

The hand that slapped him.

Her boyfriend.

She shook the depressing thoughts away, and got out of the bed, picking up her phone which had quite a few messages on it.

New Message, received12/08/11

Seoul: Happy Birthday Rachel! You're 17! We're coming over soon so we can celebrate!

New Message, received 12/08/11

Mizuki: Happy birthday dear, you're getting old! Don't forget to dress nicely for our celebration today!

New Message, received 12/08/11

Niel: Happy birthday Rachel, hope you have a wonderful day!

New Message, received 12/08/11

Jung-Hwa: Happy birthday chingu! Celebrate hard ok? xDD

The last message threw her off a bit. She hesitated for a moment before opening it, trying hard to resist the growing smile on her face. Was this a up? Was he just saying it? Rachel, for the first time in a week, didn't care about what he said.

She felt the emptiness in her heart fill a little.

New Message, received 12/08/11
Changjo: Happy birthday love. You're 17, don't waste the beautiful years you have ahead of you. Hopefully I'll still be a part of your life, and whatever happens now, we'll both look back at it and laugh like we used to.

Don't let her get to you, you're the only one for me.

Rachel's finger was inches away from the reply button. "Ugh, don't do it, don't do it, you're going to ruin what you've been fighting for the entire time." she thought to herself. The bedroom door opened, and Lilliana walked in, seeing her daughter stand in the middle of her room, her phone in her hand and a determined look on her face.

"Happy birthday!" Lilliana said, opening her arms for a hug.
Rachel sighed, putting her phone on the desk and hugging her mother. "Thanks ma."
"Emily is downstairs with your cake," Lilliana replied.
Rachel pulled back. "Cool, there's cake at" she glanced at the clock "11am?"
Lilliana grinned. "Your present is there also."

Rachel grabbed her phone, walking past Lilliana and down the stairs, sitting on the table next to Emily.
"Morning," Rachel said.
"Happy birthday!" Emily replied, hugging Rachel.
"Thanks chingu," Rachel replied.
Emily gestured to the small box on the table. "That's yours."

Rachel took the box in her hand, opening it.

"Ooh," Rachel took out the necklace, a sapphire pendant handing from a silver chain. She smiled and put it on. It rested perfectly in the hollow of her collarbone. "Thanks ma!" she yelled up the stairs.

Everyone but Teen Top gathered outside the shopping complex, busily talking amongst themselves.

"Did you invite him?" Emily asked.
"Yeah," Rachel replied quietly.
"Ok, tell me this, why on earth did you invite him?" Seoul asked, her hands on her hips.
"I wanted to," Rachel sighed, twisting her lips.
"What if he brings Ginger?" Mizuki asked.

Jung-Hwa shook his head. "No, she won't be coming. She's filming all day, the next episode of the drama is mainly her."

Everyone grimaced as Jung-Hwa said 'drama'.

"Ugh, I can't believe that drama has high ratings," Seoul mumbled.
"Hey, don't say that!" Jung-Hwa replied. Mizuki smiled, taking Jung-Hwa's hand.
"We're all watching it for you Oppa," Mizuki said.

Everyone laughed, watching the group of six boys approach them. L.Joe, Chunji and Ricky walked up to the group first, each of them giving Rachel a hug.

"Happy birthday!" Ricky said, throwing his hands into the air.
"Thanks oppa," Rachel replied happily.
CAP and Niel walked up next, following the trend of giving Rachel hugs.
"Look who's getting older!" Niel said playfully.

Rachel pouted. "Don't bring up my age."

Changjo was the last one to walk up to the group, his hands in his pockets. His body language told Rachel that he knew very well that no-one wanted him here.

But Rachel wanted him here anyway. It was her birthday, and despite all the that happened in the previous week, she still wanted him around.

Changjo stopped in front of Rachel, looking down and smiling. "Happy birthday Jagi."
Rachel smiled back, ignoring the eyes of everyone  else on the both of them. She stood up on her tip toes, kissing Changjo's cheek. "Thanks Jonghyun."

Niel watched patiently, his jaw tight. Whatever Rachel was thinking, Niel disapproved it. "What is she doing, she should still be mad," he whispered to himself.

Changjo smiled a little as Rachel's lips connected with his cheek, resisting the urge to turn his head and kiss her, wanting to apologize for everything. He sighed to himself, still hurting at the fact that he couldn't tell her the truth.

The real reason why he had defended Ginger, and gave Rachel that ridiculous confession.

Changjo sat on the dining table, his hands limp on his sides. He stared at the person across from him, his face impassive.

"Father, I don't think this is a good idea," he said quietly.
Changjo's father shook his head. "No, Jonghyun, this is the perfect idea. This way the family will continue to be in the business."

"Father, I..."
"You're good friends with Ginger right? You've known each other since you were little."
"Yes but—"
"Jonghyun. This is an opportunity we cannot miss."
"Father...an arranged marriage?" Changjo sighed.
"Look, Jonghyun it wasn't my idea, it was the boss'. It's best that we go with this decision."

Changjo ran a hand through his hair. He had come home after Teen Top's first promotion with Clap, and he hadn't seen Ginger in a long time. It didn't help now that he was in love with Rachel.

"I haven't seen her in a while," Changjo replied softly, staring at the pieces of paper on the table. They all read the same thing. 'Marriage contract'.
Changjo's father nodded, and let out a long breath. "You haven't met anyone have you?"
"...No." Changjo lied.
"Then it should be fine. Ginger and her father will be coming up for Christmas. You are to catch up with her, and the marriage arrangement will be fulfilled by then."
Changjo swallowed. "Can't we just make our own business?"
His father laughed. "Jonghyun, it's the first time the boss has ever done something like this. He obviously trusts us enough that he will make a deal like this.  There is a connection between you and Ginger. You cannot break it, the family depends on it." 

Changjo nodded, closing his eyes, and excusing himself from the table.

The group walked into the shopping centre, going towards the photo booths. Changjo stayed at the back, thinking to himself, reciting Ginger's threat in his head.
"You do what I tell you, or I'll tell your parents that you've been cheating on me."
He bit his lip, knowing the implication this caused. Both their parents wished him and Ginger to be married.

And if either of  the parents knew about Rachel....

She was doomed.

And so was he.



 

Well, that was rather quick, wasn't it? On another note....OH MY GOD PLEASE THAT PICTURE OF CHANGJO AT THE TOP OF THE CHAPTER I CAN'T..../DIES...

Till next update~~ <333