Unintentionally Being a Jackass?

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

 

Rachel continued to march down the corridor, walking up to the lift and pressing the 'down' button. She pursed her lips, waiting for the lift, then realised it would be a chance for the others to catch her, so she headed for the stairs as L.Joe, Seoul and Mizuki walked out of the dorm. She heard their voices, and Rachel stopped, turning around, and stood still, waiting to be noticed.

 

She couldn't breathe.

 

What she just witnessed may have potentially frozen her heart.

 

Or maybe brought forth a flurry of evil, murderous thoughts towards her boyfriend. She frowned in confusion.

 

Why on Earth did he kiss her back? Rachel shook the thought off, refusing to think about the one thing that would potentially smash everything to pieces.

 

There were numerous reasons she took Tae Kwon Do classes, after all.

 

"Yah, dongsaeng, what was that?" Seoul walked up to Rachel, looking at her.

Rachel swallowed, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

"Changjo ran out of his room looking for you. Did something happen?" Mizuki asked.
L.Joe stood there quietly, occasionally looking at the dorm door in case anyone else would walk out.

Seoul grabbed Rachel's shoulders, shaking them lightly. "Tell us Rachel. Was Ginger in his room as well or something?"

 

Rachel winced when she heard Ginger's name, and she gritted her teeth.

 

Mizuki realised the change, and her eyes widened. "That's it, isn't it? Ginger was there?"

Rachel closed her eyes, and nodded slowly.

"Girls, Changjo is coming out," L.Joe warned.

 

Rachel shook Seoul's hands off her shoulders. "Where is he?"

The door to the dorm opened, and Rachel walked up to Changjo, her expression cold.
"Jagi, what did you see?" Changjo asked.
"Oh, so you knew I was there? Watching you?"
"No-one would slam the door like that."
"Are you trying to defend yourself? Cause it's not working," Rachel looked up at Changjo, making eye contact.
"Look, that was nothing." Changjo reasoned.
"So what, there was more?"

 

Changjo sighed, closing his eyes. "It was just a kiss."
Rachel scoffed, knowing that Seoul, Mizuki and L.Joe were watching. "A kiss? Just a kiss?"
"Jagi—"
"How can you say that? It was just a kiss...AND YET YOU KISSED BACK! JERK!" Rachel lifted her left hand,  slapping Changjo with the back of it.

 

Changjo let his head swing to the side, his cheek stinging in pain.

 

Rachel fought back an angry sob, and walked away, shoving past Seoul and Mizuki who tried to hold her back. She continued to walk down the stairs, the sound of her feet hitting the cold concrete steps helping her calm down.

 

It was her birthday soon, she didn't need this.

 

It was times like these, where she knew that Niel would be there for her.

 

"Rachel! Rachel wait!" a voice called from the top of the stairs, a pair of feet rapidly following after.

Rachel didn't bother looking upwards to know who it was. The voice was strikingly familiar.

 

No-one could mistake it.

 

As soon as the feet caught up, a hand landed on her shoulder. Rachel didn't bother to turn around.
"Niel. Why are you here?" she asked.
"Because, you need me."
"Don't say that. I just told you last week that I don't need you."
"Rachel Andrada, I know you need me. I'm one of your closest friends." Niel turned Rachel around so she could face him.
"Didn't you listen to Jonghyun?" Rachel asked quietly.
"I did. But that won't stop me being there for you when you need it."

 

Rachel swallowed slowly, nodding. "Fine."

 

Niel sat on the step, patting the spot next to him for her to sit next to him. She did so, and hid her head in her hands.

"Ugh, jerk." Rachel whispered.
"I heard what happened, since you were both just outside the dorm." Niel replied.
"Jerk, jerk, jerk!" Rachel ruffled her hair in frustration.
"I wonder why he did that," Niel said quietly.
"Why on Earth would he just...doesn't he have any restraint...?" Rachel continued muttering into her hands.
Niel pulled Rachel's hands away from her face. "If you want to talk, it's what I'm here for."
 

"Do you think she had an ulterior motive or something?" Rachel asked.
"Maybe she saw the article," Niel replied.
"But what would that have to do with her..." Rachel trailed off, unable to say the end of the sentence.

Niel leaned back, staring at the top of the stairs. "Maybe she thinks you were all plotting something?"
"How could you get that from a group photo?" Rachel argued.

 

A moment of silence hung in the air, while both of them thought of a reason.

 

Niel tapped his chin with his fingers. "Alright, maybe because you were there, and Changjo wasn't. Plus, I'm sure she's seen the dirty looks we give her when she's at the dorm."

"You're telling me that Ginger openly knows we don't like her?" Rachel sighed.
"Maybe."

 

***

 

Rachel opened the door to the dojo, surprised that the teacher gave her the keys when she asked. As Rachel closed the door behind her, she set the dojo keys on the table, and walked to the dressing rooms to change. She stopped in front of her locker, opening it to see her uniform neatly hanging.

 

She smiled for a bit before changing, and heading back out to the dojo. The uniform was a little uncomfortable, but she managed, setting out the mats and the training dummies. She began to spar, and eventually started to beat up the dummy.

"Dammit," Rachel muttered, feeling a cramp in her leg. She stopped for a moment, sitting down to stretch.

 

The door opened again, and Rachel glanced towards the entrance before she held her breath.
"What are you doing here?" she said loud enough for her to hear.

"I haven't been here for awhile," he said quietly to himself.
Rachel kept shut, finishing her stretching routine before continuing her sparring with the dummy.

"Rachel, let me explain myself," Changjo began.
"No." Rachel replied, hitting the dummy a little harder.
"I'm going to tell you anyway."
"I don't care."

 

Changjo walked up to her, standing a few metres back. "Rachel, when are you going to talk to me?"
Rachel punched the dummy in the face. "When you tell me why you kissed back."
Changjo sighed, and nodded. "Alright."
Rachel stopped for a moment, looking at him.
"I was meaning to tell you this for awhile..." Changjo trailed off.


Rachel watched, crossing her arms. "Please, do tell."
"It felt like you. Hell, she looks like you. I was lost in the moment."

"You're kidding right? Right?" Rachel glared at him.

 

This time she wasn't going to let up. She wasn't going to get over it and forgive him easily.

"There's more," Changjo began.
"Enlighten me."

"I like her."

Rachel's eyes widened in shock. "What?"

"This was before I met you."

"So you're saying that you settled for me because I looked like her?"

"That's not what I meant."

 

Rachel walked over, throwing a punch in his direction. Changjo blocked it, stepping back, holding his wrist.
"That hurt," Changjo whispered.
"You deserve it!" Rachel threw another punch, and Changjo blocked it once more.
"That was back then!" Changjo continued to block Rachel's attacks.

"And yet you use it as an excuse now?! JERK!" Rachel began to hit harder, aiming for all his weak spots.

 

It was a good thing they were sparring partners after all.


Changjo winced in pain as Rachel kicked his side, stumbling backwards. Rachel took advantage of it, punching him square in the face.

"I can't believe you use an excuse like that."

Changjo held his mouth, pulling it back to see blood. "You're not going to forgive me, aren't you?"
 

Rachel sighed. "Not for a while."