When She Sees Him

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmiuLE4zQss


Rachel was sick of being in the hotel room. Sure, they were in the penthouse suite, but it didn’t make any difference to Rachel, or her mother. Rachel watched the cars move below as she peered down the window. It seemed to be the only thing that was keeping her amused. Her mother sat on the couch, watching the TV.

Rachel knew that she wasn’t even paying attention to the movie that was playing on the screen. She was worried, Rachel knew it.

Hell, her father could be dead already and ‘Thomas’ was probably rehearsing his speech saying how sorry he was.

Rachel didn’t like Thomas at all. He gave off the wrong vibe. Like he cared a little too much. What was he trying to do anyway? Rachel thought. She shuddered, remembering how Thomas smiled at her when he said he was their . His appearance didn’t help the situation either. His slick black hair that was combed over to the side, his sharp nose, and small beady eyes that were behind a pair of old fashioned glasses. Thomas’ stance was creepy too. Even though he was tall, he was slightly hunched, and it looked like he leaned close to you just to hear what you were saying. Rachel found herself shuddering again.

Thomas could be a certified e for all she knew.

In order to get her mind off the creepy , Rachel took out her phone, and sat on the carpet. She went through her contacts, and thought about Changjo.
“Should I call him?” she asked herself. Then again, he never called since I got here.

She scrolled down until she saw Seoul’s number, and she hit the call button. It began to ring. And ring. And ring.
“The hell, why isn’t she answering?” Rachel asked.
Sorry, but the number you are calling is busy. Please try agRachel hit the ‘end call’ button, and pouted. Seoul would never ignore her calls. If the number was busy, she must’ve been talking to someone else, right? Rachel wondered who it was as she tried to call Mizuki instead.

“Yebohaseyo,” Mizuki answered.
“Oh thank God, someone answered!” Rachel replied with relief.
“What? Who did you try calling before?” Mizuki asked.
“Seoul. Apparently the number was busy...” Rachel sighed.
“Seoul? Didn’t she tell you?”
Rachel frowned. “Tell me what?”
“She got together with CAP oppa.” Mizuki rolled her eyes as she remembered Seoul jumping up and down when she told her.
Rachel was silent, but Mizuki knew she was still there. THE ! Rachel thought. She got together with CAP oppa and she didn’t tell me!? She’s dead. “When...did this happen?” Rachel asked.
“Round about the same time you got together with Changjo.”
“The hell!? Why didn’t she tell me before she left???!!!!” Rachel was close to hanging up and getting on the next plane to Seoul (no pun intended) to personally kick one of her closest friends’ .
Mizuki held the phone away from her ear as Rachel yelled sub-consciously. “I have no idea. Maybe she was too excited?”
“When did she tell you?” Rachel asked, her voice returning back to normal.

Her mother didn’t even notice when she raised her voice.

“The party.” Mizuki replied.
“Aigoo. She could’ve told me when I was on the phone to her before I went on the plane,” Rachel sighed.
“She probably was too focused on your situation.”
“Totally focused on the situation. If the number was busy, she’s probably talking to him now.”
Mizuki laughed on the other end, and Rachel eventually joined in.
“Wah, I don't even know what to do with her sometimes.” Mizuki said.
“Oh well. I’ll try again later.”
“Did you call Changjo?” Mizuki asked.
“He didn’t call me, so I don't think I should.” Rachel said confidently.
“Maybe you should, just in case.”
“Enough about me, what’s happening over there?”

Mizuki thought for a moment. “Well, Jung-Hwa was casted in for a drama as lead, and I think the filming will start soon.”
“That’s great! I think I’ll be back in time for that...” Rachel trailed off, and wondered if she was actually going to be back in Korea anytime soon.
“Yeah, Changjo and Niel seem to be getting along a lot more lately too.”
Rachel’s eyes widened, and she felt a smile on her lips. “Really?”
“It surprised me too.”
“How did that happen?”
“Well it started wh–”

Rachel suddenly heard the dial tone, and she frowned as she saw Thomas walk in the room.
What the hell? Did he..? Rachel put her  phone down as Thomas walked toward the couch.
“Good Morning Mrs. Andrada, Miss. Andrada,” Thomas nodded to each of the women.

Rachel avoided Thomas’ eye contact, clutching her phone tightly.

Her mother shrugged. “Hello. Maybe you should knock next time.”
Thomas bowed low. “My apologies, I simply came here to tell you that you are able to visit him now.”
Rachel stood up. “We are?” she asked.
Thomas nodded. “Yes. I recommend that you come with me now to see him.”

Rachel’s mother stood up, and looked at Rachel.

Rachel didn’t know what to say.

***

Ahn Daniel (Niel)’s POV

God, how I missed her.

Words couldn't even explain how much I did. If I had the actual patience to look through the entire dictionary and find words, I would.
But right now, I believed that words couldn't explain my longing, my need, my love.
I knew I sounded cheesy, but there was no other way to put it.

I wondered how Changjo was feeling. As I sat down on the couch, I crossed my arms in thought. Was he experiencing the same feelings as I was? Changjo was sounding a lot more confident these days too.

Then again, that’s how he always was.

But somehow it felt like Rachel was his, and not mine. It felt like he had nothing to fight for.
That can’t be right; didn’t Rachel say she didn’t want Changjo? I thought to myself as I reached for the packet of chips that were on top of the coffee table.

I began to realise that we were talking a lot more too. It felt like we didn’t even meet the girls. I chewed on another chip as I watched the other members around the dorm. CAP hyung was reading a book (as always), Chunji and Ricky were playing games, L.Joe was writing something and Changjo was– 

Wait, where was Changjo? The door to his room was open, and Changjo never left his room open unless he was in the living room. Which he wasn’t.
“Where’s Changjo?” I asked hoping to catch the attention of any member.
“Dance studio,” Chunji replied, still focused on his game.
“But his room is open.” I said, popping another chip in my mouth.
“Oh yeah. His room is open.” L.Joe peered down the hallway.
“That’s weird.” I mumbled.
“Hold on a minute, since when did you care? I thought you two were enemies?” L.Joe raised an eyebrow.

Ricky immediately held his hands over his ears. “Don’t say that word! No-one is enemies with each other!”
The rest of us laughed at his reaction.
“Yah, Ricky, you’re overreacting!” CAP said, turning a page of his book.
“I don't care!” Ricky continued to yell, while Chunji tried to pull his hands down. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat quietly.

I suddenly had the overwhelming urge to go into Changjo’s room.

I almost did too, if I didn’t remember his rule.

“No-one goes in my room. NO-ONE.” Changjo glared at all of us. Even though he was maknae, he had some considerable authority. Even CAP hyung didn’t question it.

I pouted, and instead directed my thoughts towards Rachel. I wondered if she was okay. What was she doing? Were they able to find her father?

Would I even meet her parents?
The thought made me pale, and I swallowed as I saw myself standing before her parents. They had looks of extreme expectation on their faces.

Aigoo, I think too much.

***

Rachel stood outside hospital room 116, scared to the bone. Every two minutes or so, she would find her hand reaching for the doorknob, but then she put her hand down. Her mother watched from behind, and Rachel knew she was scared too.

It had been years since they saw him. YEARS.

Rachel suddenly found it hard to remember what he looked like. She started hating herself for that. Her father was a good guy, and Rachel repaid his years of kindness, humour and love with her foolish remembering skills. Her hand reached out toward the door knob once more, and her mother placed a hand on her shoulder, urging her to turn the knob.

But Rachel was still scared.

“Miss, it is fine to go inside. There is nothing to be scared of.” Thomas urged Rachel to turn the door.

Rachel gritted her teeth. She didn’t need to hear his ‘encouraging’ comment.

She began to turn the knob, opening the door.


 

A/N : So, I think i totally failed that chapter. I fail most things in life....Mianhae readers, I'm just in a bad/depressed/want to kill myself kind of mood.

But Anyway, i hoped you enjoyed the chapter....

and that picture of Changjo seems to have made me smile. 

He has special powers, that boy.

And I know i've been hearing numerous dates of Teen Top's comeback, but im waiting for the date to come up on ALLKPOP first....then i'll start spazzing.

Saranghae, and i'll see you again soon! :)