Phase One

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

 

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

Rachel stood outside her locker, putting her books away. As she finished, grabbing her lunch and closing the door, she bumped into someone as she turned to leave.

"Omo, sorry," she said, getting down to pick up the books. She stopped as soon as she saw the name.
"Jagi, you're so clumsy." he said, bending down to take the books from her.
Rachel blinked up at Changjo before standing up. "Jonghyun, you're the one who bumped into me."

Changjo looked around for a moment. "Shh, she cant find us."

"Looks like the affair started already." Rachel replied with a laugh.
"Wrong, she's the one who came and complicated things," Changjo sighed.
Rachel kissed his cheek. "You worry too much."

Changjo smiled, before walking away, leaving Rachel to go off her own way. She walked down the hallway, and passed Niel, who was also just finishing with his locker.
"Hey, Niel," she waved, urging him to walk with her.
Niel smiled lightly, and nodded, walking next to her. "Hey Rachel."
"Did you enjoy your party?" she asked.
Niel shrugged. "More or less, but it was fun."
"That's the main thing." Rachel replied with a smile, before they both walked out into the grounds, going to their regular lunch spot. The rest of the group were already sitting and eating.

Seoul and Emily moved over, so there could be space on the seats. "Hey, is Changjo going to sit with us?" Emily asked.
"Don't think so, I'm sure Ginger is holding him hostage or something," Seoul replied.
"Speaking of which, can we begin pranking her?" Mizuki asked.

The rest of the group nodded.

Rachel thought for a moment. Since she knew that Changjo was in an arranged marriage with Ginger, what better way to prank Ginger by making her think that everyone knew?

It would make her panic.

And Rachel liked that idea.

"How about this, we vandalise her locker," Rachel began.
"That's so old school," Niel replied, rolling his eyes.
Rachel punched his arm, causing him to choke on his rice. "Shut up, I wasn't finished."
Niel pouted. "Ow."

Seoul smiled. "Go on Rachel."

"We vandalise her locker with sticky-notes and whatever. We'll put messages on them saying that she'll never be with Changjo, or that her plans will never work."

"How's that supposed to make an impact though?" Mizuki asked.
Rachel held her tongue, knowing she couldn't spill the beans. "It'll work. Trust me."

Jung-Hwa cleared his throat. "Now that we have that down, how are we supposed to get into her locker in the first place?"

Emily tapped her chin. "I'm sure we can break into it easily. It's just a simple school lock."
"Do you know how to pick them?" Seoul asked.
"Not really, but we can just break the lock."

Everyone nodded. "Sounds like a plan," Niel said, finishing his lunch. "Do we have sticky-notes?"
Rachel pulled out her pencilcase before opening it and setting out a myriad of brightly coloured notes. "Knock yourselves out. We should throw some insults in there too, just for fun." Rachel smirked.

The group all took a pile for themselves.

Seoul began to write. "You are a worthless ," she said as she wrote it out.
"Changjo will never be yours," Mizuki said as well, writing her own.
"I hope your nose melts off, plastic ," Emily mumbled.
"We all know your plan," Jung-Hwa followed.

Rachel smiled. Ginger would panic, but Rachel knew she had to warn Changjo, or else he might slip.

Eventually, they all had enough notes to cover the entire inside of the locker door, and some extras to put into  her books. The bell for class rang, and the group quickly put the notes into Rachel's lunchbox.

As they all split up to go to their respective classes, Rachel waited outside Changjo's locker, hoping to catch him before he went to his own class.

"Yah, Jonghyun!" she called, as he approached her.
Changjo smirked. "What's gotten you all sneaky?"
"If Ginger gets mad at you for whatever reason after school, don't give us away."
"Wait, what?"
"Just do it."
"...Ok?"
Rachel smiled. "Good."
Changjo looked at her, confused. "Aren't you going to tell me why she's going to be mad in the first place?"
Rachel shook her head, quickly pressing a kiss to his lips. "No time. Whatever you do, don't give us away."

And she quickly ran off to go to class, leaving Changjo standing in the corridor, clueless.

***

The bell rang again, this time for afternoon break, and the group quickly assembled outside Rachel's locker.

"Alright, where's her locker?" Emily asked, excited.
"Three from the left from Changjo's," Rachel replied, pointing.

The group moved over to the locker, sneakily covering Emily as she picked and 'subtly' hit the lock until it broke. As they all heard a click, she opened the door.

"Yup, this is hers," Rachel said as she saw the unmistakable bottle of lip-gloss on the shelf.

It made her want to punch something, remembering that lip-gloss smeared on Changjo's lips.

Niel pulled out the lunchbox, beginning to cover the door in notes. The rest of the group helped, eventually covering it. Rachel grabbed a few books, putting some notes on it before grabbing the lip-gloss and putting one on it as well. As soon as they were satisfied with their work, they closed the door, Emily replacing the broken lock with a spare, before the group walked away.

Once they escaped to their lunch spot, they all began to laugh.

"Wow, that was close," Mizuki said, wiping her forehead dramatically.
"I wonder how she'll react?" Seoul asked.
"She'll probably know it was us, anyway." Jung-Hwa replied.

"If she does, it doesn't matter. Now she knows we're out to get her, and that's the main thing." Rachel said, smiling brightly.

***

Ginger dragged Changjo back into the school hall as soon as the bell rang.

"Ginger. We're going to be late." he said, his tone ice cold.
She rolled her eyes. "Who cares, we can just get home schooled."
"You can, I cant."
"We're both famous, I don't see the problem."

Changjo pulled his hand away from Ginger, making her stand still in shock. "The problem is that you're just taking advantage of the people around you. Hurry up, I don't want to be late."

Ginger pouted at him before opening her locker, opening as soon as she saw the inside of her door. Completely covered in sticky-notes, all in different colours and each one saying something.

It's not going to work Ginger.One said.
He's not going to back down easy, you know. Another.

Changjo looked at the door over Ginger's shoulder, and he understood what Rachel meant. Before Ginger could catch him grinning at all the insults on her door, he made a straight face as she turned to look at him.
"DID YOU TELL ANYONE?" she asked.
Changjo smiled. "What? Me? I don't know what you're talking about."
"WHY DOES IT SOUND LIKE YOU TOLD THEM?"
"What's the point of telling them? They're not going to do anything," Changjo crossed his arms.
"THAT'S IT. IF YOU WEREN'T—"
Changjo cut her off. "If I what?"
Ginger glared at him. "I'm going to tell your parents."

Changjo couldn't hold back a laugh. "Tell them what? That you were pranked by high school kids? That they vandalised your locker door with insults? They might be talking about something completely different!"

Ginger looked at him. "Fine," she grabbed her lip gloss, reading another note which was sticked on it.

Marriage at 17? I don't think so.

Ginger spun around, grabbing Changjo's collar, attempting to pull him to her, but failing, and pulling with no success. Changjo looked at her, his expression cold.

"DID YOU JUST SEE THAT NOTE? MARRIAGE? YOU TOLD THEM." Ginger waved the note in his face.
"I told no-one." Changjo replied.
"THEN WHY DOES IT SAY MARRAIGE?"

The door to their classroom opened. "Yah! Jonghyun! Ginger! Hurry up and go to your desks!" the teacher glared at them both through his glasses.

Both of them nodded. "Yes sir."

 

Changjo walked inside, ignoring Ginger, who was still glaring at the note.