A Painful Return PART II

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

A few days after Rachel returned to Korea, the girls, Niel and Changjo were walking to the school. 
“Yah Changjo, could you walk any slower?” Niel asked as Changjo walked in front of him. Niel had to avoid stepping on Changjo’s heels.
Changjo turned around, and winked. “Mianhae hyung.”
Niel frowned. “Why did you just wink at me?”
Changjo shrugged. “No reason.”

In truth, Rachel was walking beside Niel and the wink was directed to her. Rachel blushed, and Seoul nudged her shoulder as she saw the exchange.
“If Changjo keeps on doing things like that, you two are going to get caught,” Seoul whispered.
“Talk to him then! He never listens to me,” Rachel replied.
“Bull.” Seoul replied.
Rachel rolled her eyes. “He doesn’t listen to me all the time. And why didn’t you tell me about you and CAP?”
Seoul looked away. “I was focusing on your situation!”
Rachel crossed her arms as the group turned a corner. “Sure, sure.”

They all continued to walk, and Mizuki cleared .
“So, Jung-Hwa started filming for the drama,” she said as they all reached the school gates.
“That’s great!” Rachel replied.
Mizuki nodded. “The first episode will be on at the end of the month, and he won’t be coming to school sometimes as well.”
Seoul clapped. “I'm excited!”
Niel and Changjo looked at each other as the girls continued to talk.
“I'm heading off, see you later.” Niel patted Changjo’s shoulder as he started to walk away.
“See you later hyung,” Changjo replied, secretly waiting until Niel was out of sight.

Seoul sighed, and Rachel looked at her, wanting an explanation.
“What’s gotten you all depressed?” Rachel asked. Mizuki showed the same expression on her face.
“Why can’t all of Teen Top come to this school?” Seoul asked.
“If they did, they we wouldn’t be able to learn anything.” Mizuki replied.
“Aigoo, that’s not fair.” Seoul pouted.
“You just want CAP to come to this school, don't you? Isn't he in university anyway?” Rachel shook her head as the bell rang.
“Yeah, but still,” Seoul and Mizuki started to walk into the school like the rest of the students.

Rachel was about to follow, but Changjo held her back.
“You’re not going to go without saying bye first are you?” Changjo asked.
“Remember my rule?” Rachel replied.
Changjo nodded, reciting her rule. “Don't let anyone see that we’re together.”
“Exactly. Niel might be watching.”
“But we’re going to tell him aren’t we?” Changjo pouted.
Rachel found it hard to resist his aegyo. “You’re doing most of the talking!” she replied.
Changjo smiled. “Anything for my jagiya.” He pressed his lips lightly against hers before beginning to walk away. “Saranghae,” he mouthed with no voice, and Changjo made a heart shape with his hands.

Rachel blushed, and made a heart. “Nado Saranghae,” she mouthed in reply.

***

Changjo sat in his classroom, waiting for the teacher to start. As the students talked amongst themselves, he wondered if Teen Top’s popularity increased. They hadn’t made a new album yet, but they were getting there. Hopefully he had collected more fans like Rachel said.

The teacher cleared his throat, and the class became silent. “Students, we have a new addition to the class.”
Everyone waited as the door opened.

She walked in the classroom, and a certain pair of eyes widened.

The action made her grin, and she couldn't contain her excitement as she introduced herself to the class. Sure, the class only took her as another student, but those eyes, they made her feel like she was on top of the world.

As she sat down next to him, he turned to face her, and she glanced in her direction.
“Miss me, Jonghyunnie?”
Changjo struggled to pull his eyes away from her. He hadn’t seen her in years, and yet he was still able to recognise her.

Because she looked like Rachel.

“Ginger. Long time no see.” Changjo said, facing the front of the classroom as the teacher began the lesson. 
She smiled, and he could see it from the corner of his eye. “You still remember me?” Ginger asked.
“Of course I do. I spent most of my childhood with you.” Changjo started to write notes. He couldn't believe the similarities she had with Rachel. The oval shaped face, her dark brown hair and her kind brown eyes all reminded her of his girlfriend.

But Ginger was also very different. Their views on the world were almost the complete opposite.

The class continued, and Changjo could feel Ginger’s eye on him.
“What?” Changjo asked.
“Oppa turned into a good looking boy!” she pinched his cheek as the teacher turned around to face the blackboard.
Changjo blushed, and Ginger giggled. “Yah, don't touch me,” Changjo replied, smiling lightly.

***

The bell rang, and students rushed out of the school to go home. As the girls waited outside, Niel and Changjo walked up to them.

But there was another person as well.

Changjo stood in front of the girls, and cleared his throat. “This is Ginger; she’s an old friend of mine!”
Ginger bowed, and smiled. “Hello.”
Mizuki and Seoul looked at Ginger, and then at Rachel. The two girls compared the similarities as Rachel looked at the ground, while Ginger waited patiently.
“Wow, you two look alike,” Seoul said.
“They do, don't they?” Niel replied.
Mizuki nodded. “Long lost sisters’ maybe?”
Rachel shrugged, continuing to avoid eye contact with anyone. She didn’t need to look at Ginger to know that she was prettier version of herself. Ginger looked like she was a part time model or an angel that decided to come down and haunt Rachel forever by looking like the better version of her.

“Did you want to come to the dorm with us? I can introduce you to the other members!” Changjo smiled brightly as Ginger nodded.
“That’s right, you’re an Idol now! We can be famous together!” Ginger replied.
Changjo looked at her. “Famous together? What do you mean?”
“I'm casted in a drama Jonghyunnie!”
Rachel frowned. Jonghyunnie? 
“Which one?” Seoul asked.
“The one that will be aired at the end of the month,” Ginger said proudly.
“You’re not in the same drama as Jung-Hwa are you?” Mizuki asked.
“You know Jung-Hwa oppa?”

Rachel could feel the air grow tense. Ginger sure knew how to make a first impression. On the other hand, Changjo looked like he was a kid locked in a candy store, delighted that his old friend was back.

this , why does she have to be best friends with Jonghyun and look like a ier, hotter and better version of me?!Rachel thought to herself as her hand unconsciously balled into a fist.
“Well, we better head to the dorm then,” Niel said, leading the way. Everyone started to walk, and Changjo stayed at the back with Ginger as they talked, catching up on things. Rachel kept silent, wondering what was up with Changjo’s sudden personality change. Seoul and Mizuki noticed her absent expression, and they both punched her lightly, reassuring her.
“Hey, lighten up. He’s just excited that’s all.” Seoul said.
“Yeah, but still. She’s...so pretty.” Rachel replied quietly.
“Pssh, that’s not pretty. You’re pretty. Yah, Niel! Help us out here!” Mizuki poked Niel’s back as he turned around.

Niel looked at Rachel’s saddened expression and slowed down to walk beside her. “Hey, what’s gotten you all upset?”
Rachel held her tongue as she remembered that she couldn't talk to Niel about Changjo being a complete jerk. “...Nothing.”
Seoul and Mizuki looked at each other, worried that Rachel might slip up and say the wrong thing.
“I doubt that. Go on, what’s wrong?” Niel took her hand, and swung it as he started to walk cheerfully. Rachel fought a smile as they walked ahead.
“Ginger. She’s so...pretty.” Rachel pouted.
“No she’s not. You two look familiar but I’d pick you any day!” Niel grinned.
“Yeah, because you pity me.”

Niel stopped walking, and placed each hand on her shoulder as he leaned down to look her in the eyes. “Rachel, stop it. Don't worry about her. She’ll be gone as quickly as she came.”
Rachel looked at everyone heading towards them, especially Changjo that was still talking to Ginger. He seemed oblivious to everyone around him, and she felt like slapping his forehead.
“I hope so...” Rachel replied.

***

They reached the dorm, and Changjo opened the door, letting everyone in. The rest of the members frowned as they saw the new addition to the group.
“This is Ginger, she’s an old friend of mine,” Changjo said, placing a hand on Ginger’s shoulder.
Rachel felt her heart sting as she saw the contact.
Chunji tilted his head to the side. “You look a lot like Rachel,” he said.
Ginger raised an eyebrow. “I do? Oh, maybe we are twins!” But I'm the better looking one of course. She thought to herself.

Changjo continued on the introduce everyone. He looked for Rachel, and found that she wasn't in the room. He walked away from the couch, and opened the front door to look down the corridor.

At the end was Rachel, sitting against the wall with her knees up and her face hidden.

Changjo walked up to her, and leant down.
“Jagiya, are you alright?” he asked.
Rachel looked up, her eyes red and puffy.

“Does it look like I'm alright Jonghyun?”


(A/N) Hello everyone, so i totally realised that i backed out on my previous message and i didnt update as quickily as i wanted.... *shoots self*

Im so sorry everyone! My internet cut out, i had retreat (never cried so much before), all my assignments were due at the same time.....*bows* im sorry you had to listen to my crap. Anyway, Im just going to go on an updating rampage and hopefully it'll sedate you muahahaha.

Much love,
OpenValor :D