A Few More Days

Don't Let Me Dance Alone (My Dancing Boy Sequel)

(A/N) Ugh, when did Changjo turn into a total hottie..? Ugh. <3


As Rachel walked out of her father’s room, she started to head for the cafeteria with the idea of getting some hot chocolate. She walked down the hallway nodding occasionally to nurses passing by and headed for the stairs. She reached the lobby, and as she turned the corner, she ran into one of the patients.
“I'm sorry!” Rachel stepped back, and was about to bow, but stopped herself, realising she was in a different country.
“No no, it’s fine,” the patient replied.

Rachel looked at the patient, who was holding onto the IV drip stand. She wore the normal hospital robes and slippers, and had a bandana wrapped around her head. She was fairly small, and very pale. Her eyes were large, and Rachel noticed that she had single eyelids as well.
“Should you be walking around?” Rachel asked, feeling concerned.
The girl smiled. “Don’t worry, the nurses tell me to have a little stroll around each day to keep my muscles working.”
“You’re not from around here?”
The girl shrugged. “Does it count if my parents moved here?”
Rachel smiled lightly. “It counts.” She placed a hand on her chest. “I'm Rachel.”
The girl grinned. “My name is Hana.”

“Do you want a friend to walk with?” Rachel asked, moving to stand next to Hana.
Hana looked up at her, and nodded. The two began to walk, and as they reached the end of the lobby, they had a choice of either walking out or turning to the next corridor. Hana pointed to the automatic doors leading outside, and Rachel followed as Hana continued to walk. Rachel never really paid attention to the Hospital, and she noticed that there was a garden and a small park out the back as Hana led her behind the building of sickness, death and pain. In Rachel’s eyes, this back area was like a little rehabilitation area for patients, or for people who just wanted a little fresh air. Hana sat down on the bench with the most sunlight, and Rachel sat next to her, sighing as the sunlight hit her skin.
“I never knew this was back here,” Rachel said quietly.
“They only made it a few weeks ago,” Hana replied.
“How long have you been here?” Rachel asked.
“A couple of months. They said my sickness is too unpredictable, so I can’t go home and then come here for treatment.”
Rachel looked at Hana’s bandana. “What do you have?”

Hana pouted to herself. “Chronic Lymphoid Leukaemia. I'm a rare case, since it mostly targets adults.”
“Has the treatment been going well?”
Hana shrugged, and looked at Rachel. “I'm not sure. The doctors don't tell me anything anymore.”
Rachel swallowed, and wrapped an arm around Hana. “Hey, you know what? I’ll be your friend for the next couple of days. My dad is here, so I can visit the both of you. Does your family visit you?”
“Not really. My family is in China, and my parents are working all the time to pay for the treatment.”
“All the more reason for me to hang out with you.”
Hana laughed. “I like the sound of that.”

***

As the next few days arrived, Rachel went to her father’s room first, spending an hour or two catching up with him. She then moved to Hana’s room and the two walked around the hospital, conversing about ‘normal’ things. Questions like: what’s your favourite colour? , what kind of music do you listen to? , do you have any siblings? , what’s your favourite food? Were exchanged between the two, and as soon as Hana said she listened to Kpop, Rachel began having the most humorous conversations with her.

“How about TEEN TOP? Do you have a bias?” Rachel took another bite of her ice-block as they sat on their bench.
Hana thought to herself. “Hmm....Changjo!”
Rachel almost choked on her ice as Hana said her boyfriend’s stage name. “Really? Why?”
“Because he’s cute. And no-one pays attention to him.”
“Neh, is it out of pity then?” Rachel on the ice in .
Hana shook her head. “NO! Of course not! Because he doesn’t have many fans, that means he’s the most special out of them all! Think about it, he’s the maknae, but none of the Pedo Noonas are all over him.”
“Instead, they all like Ricky.” Rachel replied. She wanted to die as soon as she heard Hana say Pedo Noona. Oh God, I'm older than Jonghyun aren’t I? Oh God. Rachel thought to herself.
“Yeah. But that’s a good thing, cause then I don't have to fight many girls to get him,” Hana smiled.
I feel so bad now. Rachel sighed, and swallowed her ice.
Hana looked at her. “Now that I think about it, who’s your bias?”
Rachel held her breath. “Changjo.”
Hana’s mouth opened. “You too? We’ll have to share then!”
Rachel nodded.

A moment of silence passed between the two, and Rachel finished her ice block, leaving the stick in .
“Rachel, do you have a special someone?” Hana asked.
Rachel thought for a moment. “Yeah.”
“Who?”
“I can’t tell you,” Rachel smiled in Hana’s direction.

Hana glared at her for a moment. “Let me guess, you can’t tell anyone else about this? And it’s some kind of giant secret?”
“Exactly.” Rachel nodded.
The two laughed as a nurse walked up to them. “Hana, it’s time for your treatment now.”
Rachel stood up and gave Hana a hug. “Well, I’ll see you later then. Good luck with your treatment!”
Hana nodded, and Rachel turned to leave, going back towards her father’s room.

Rachel opened the door, and her father stopped talking to his wife.
“Rachel, who is this Jonghyun character that your mother keeps talking about? She says that he is supposedly your boyfriend and that you’ve liked him for a while now?” her father crossed his arms.
Rachel froze on the spot, and looked at her mother, who grinned at her. “Uh...Jonghyun?”
Her father nodded. “Choi Jonghyun. Member of Teen Top and also goes by the name of Changjo?”
Rachel didn’t know whether to run out of the room or panic on the spot. She knew if he was on his feet then he would be tapping his foot, his patience wearing thin.

“Araso, Araso. Here.” Rachel walked up to the bed, and pulled out her phone, showing her wallpaper.

It was a picture of Changjo, smiling behind a wall of mirrors.

~FLASHBACK~

Changjo and Rachel stood in the dancing studio, looking at their reflections. They had just come back from the hospital, and as the party just began, Changjo took Rachel down to the studio for a little talk.
“So, why did you bring me down here when you have a party for you going upstairs?” Rachel asked, continuing to look at the mirrors.
“Because, I wanted to see this.” Changjo took Rachel’s hand, and held it. A smile grew on his face as he saw their reflection.
“Changjo, what did you want to see?” Rachel asked.
He pointed to their hands. “That. That is what I wanted to see. You’re all mine now Rachel. All mine.”
“Yah, I'm not a toy Jonghyun,” Rachel looked at him, frowning slightly.

Changjo held her hand tighter, and brought them up. He kissed her hand, then put their hands back down again. “I never said you were a toy.”
“Ppsh, you make it sound like I am!” Rachel replied, her face red from Changjo’s ‘romantic’ gesture.
“Pretend you never heard it.”
“Yah, Choi Jonghyun. You’re pretty confident right now, aren’t you?” Rachel rolled her eyes as Changjo nodded proudly.
“Shh. I'm relishing the moment.”

Rachel let go of his hand. “Jonghyun, the others are going to notice that we’re not there,”
Changjo pouted as she let go. “Come on, five more minutes?” he wrapped an arm around Rachel’s waist, and he felt her knees give way a little. Changjo pulled her close, and winked. “How about it?”
Rachel felt stupid as her knees gave way. She knew Changjo felt it, or else he wouldn’t have winked. Hell, he smelt amazing, and the close proximity was driving her nuts. As Changjo spoke, Rachel’s cheeks burned scarlet red.

“How about what?” Rachel whispered.
Changjo leaned closer, his lips inches away from hers. “5 more minutes?”
Rachel didn’t move. “Yeah, sure, whatever you want.” As she spoke, her lips brushed against Changjo’s and he couldn't resist. He had that feeling again where he didn’t care if someone walked in, and as he bit Rachel’s bottom lip lightly, Changjo thought he heard the door open.

Rachel pulled away, her face red. “Uh. Was that really needed?”
Changjo looked at her. “What was?”
“The lip biting...” Rachel trailed off.
“Are you complaining?” Changjo winked again.
Rachel shook her head furiously.
“Give me your phone.” Changjo held out his hand.
“Why?” Rachel asked.
“Just give it.” As Rachel placed her phone in Changjo’s palm, he opened the camera application.

Changjo held the phone in front of himself, and pressed the button, taking a perfect photo of him smiling.
“There. Make that your wallpaper.” He said proudly.
“How about you?” Rachel asked, taking her phone back.
“I already have one.” Changjo grinned as Rachel rolled her eyes.

~END FLASHBACK~

Rachel’s father looked at the phone, and Rachel stood next to him, waiting for the negative comments.
“Hm. He doesn’t look that bad. I want to meet him.” He said.

Rachel’s mother couldn't hold back her laughter as she saw her daughter’s impassive expression turn to horror.

Oh God, this can’t be happening to me. Rachel thought.


(A/N) Hopefully i'll be updating more frequently like I used to..I don't want to keep my faithful readers annoyed cause i dont update....

So until the next Chapter...FARE THEE WELL!!!!