Pinky Promise

Pinky Promise

"I'm in love with you Dara." Seunghyun was so confident in his words and it showed in his face. He looked her in the eyes and didn't look away for even a second. Minutes passed and Dara still hadn't said a word, this worried Seunghyun. He never could figure out if she felt the same for him and decided it would give him the peace if he came out with it first.

"...Dara are you going to say anything?" 
...Dara was speechless. One side of her was ecstatic that he felt the same way for her, but on the other side she wanted to cry and run away because she knew that this love he had for her would diminish the moment he learned about er truth. 
"Dara?" She looked at him for real this time and saw that his confidence was slowly fading. He looked nervous and almost rejected, as if she had already said no. She wanted to run into his arms, kiss his soft lips, and announce her feelings for him as well. However, instead she said something else.
"You don't love me." Seunghyun's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, he didn't know how to answer her back.
"What? What do you mean i don't love you?" He tried to step towards her but she moved back, keeping the distance between them.
"You can't love me. You don't even know me." Her voice was ice cold. She felt it was necessary to speak like this to make him change his mind.
"I know enough."
"What do you know? You don't even know my favorite color!" She hated how persistant he was being, but she actually loved it.
"Light pink. You're whole room is covered in it, it's not that hard to figure out. You hate bugs, you wish they'd go extinct. You love street food, you'd eat there any day over a 5 star restaurant. You love babies, are scared of animals and heights. You're secretly in love with Park Soo Ha and helpless when it comes to melodramas and cry all the time when watching them. You worshipped your car. You want a simple life where you can be independent and stand on your own two feet, but you miss your family and stare at the picture of them on your desk everytime you come from work. You wish you could go back home but theres something stopping you." Seunghyun went on and on about all the things he learned about her endless chatter this past month. He payed attention to all her small behaviors and made a note to rememer them. Dara's eyes were tearing up at the thought of him knowing so much about her. At the thought of him actually listening to her when she went on and on about absolutely nothing. She hated herself for having to depriving herself of such a perfect human being. 
Seunghyun walked closer to her this time and put his hands on her shoulder. He put a finger under her chin to lift her face up to face him and stared into her eyes. She had never seen them look so dark and deep.
"I know you feel something for me too Dara. I also know that theres a secret you've been hiding for a while and it's worrying you. If you think that's going to change how i feel about you Dara, then you're wrong. It won't change anything. I promise." Dara looked into his eyes with her own spilling endless drops of tears, but she wanted to laugh when she heard his words. She brought her hands up to wipe her tears away and then shrugged his hands off of her.
"You really think it's that simple don't you?"
"There's nothing that can change my feelings for you." He was so damn persistant.
"I doubt you'll think that way if i told you what happened."
"Then tell me and see if i do change Dara, because i swear to you it won't make a difference to me."
"God you really don't get it do you?! I can't just tell you, i haven't told anyone, and if you do go back on your word you'll know about me and just leave." She was crying again. The thought of Seunghyun leaving her because of her past was painful.
"Dara, tell me. I promise i won't leave and it won't make me change my opinion of you. Getting this off your chest will be helpful trust me, but fine. If you're not ready to tell me now, take your time. I'll listen any time you want." Seunghyun sounded so sincere that she couldn't help it anymore. She wanted to tell him, she needed to tell him. It was so much pressure to keep this to herself and she had to let it out or else she felt as if she'd explode any moment. 
As Seunghyun walked away to his room sure that Dara wouldn't open up to him, he heard her say something.
"I didn't come from Busan, i came from the Philippines."
Seunghyun turned around to face Dara and he was confused but he let her speak.
"I was born in Busan, but when i was 12 my dad's business moved me and my family to the Philippines. After a year he went bankrupt and we went broke. He started drinking and gambling and the situation became worse. As the oldest i had to do something, so one day one of my teachers handed me a flyer for auditioning at a talent search. I auditioned and won second place out of 1000s. I became really famous and got a lot of work. I was happy thinking our family was okay again, more than okay. My dad even stopped drinking and went out more. I thought he was searching for work but..." Dara looked down at her hands and sniffled. He knew she was going to cry again. As a sign of reassurance he walked over to her and held her shoulder again. Sbe continued.
"... But my dad wasn't searching for a job. He was having an affair and when my mom accused him of it... He hit her, a lot. I wasn't home that night but when i came back i saw my younger brother and mother bleeding while my little sister was crying and trying to call me. My dad wasn't home. I took them all to the hospital and the next day i got a message from my bank saying i had no money left in my account. At first i thought it was a mistake because i knew i was saving up my money from all my movies and shows to pay for my siblings' school tuition but i saw my bank statement. My dad ran away with the other woman and all my money. I was so hurt, angry, and confused on what to do next. I didn't want to call the police on my own father so i didn't. I let him be and decided i'd work for that money again, but my family was broke again. My manager and agency found out. At that time my partner in filming, Joseph, came to me and said he'd help me. I was desperate so i took his money and told him i'd pay him back as soon as possible. I, i thought he was a good person... But he wasn't." Dara stopped again to take in a deep breath. Seunghyun noticed her shudder when she uttered Joseph's name.
"... After a while i realized how Joseph... Changed. He became more touchy and he'd order me around. T-then one day he called me over to his house asking if we could practice our lines for the filming next day. I didn't think too much of it and went over. When i went over it didn't feel right. As we were practicing our lines, he tried to touch me and kiss me. As i tried to run away and push him off, i failed... He me that day. I cried the whole way home thinking of the words he told me. He threatened me saying that if i told anyone about this he'd stop helping my family out and and tell the media about my dad. I was so desperate that i couldn't do anything but listen to him. The days afterwards were hell. I felt so cheap and dirty all the time. He'd call me over whenever he wanted me and i'd go. Sometimes he'd be drunk and he'd hurt me and i wanted to die Seunghyun, i thought of it so many times. But i knew i couldn't. My family needed me. It i couldn't even tell anyone. It hurt so much knowing that if i was to tell any of my friends this, i'd just get judged and outcasted, or worse they wouldn't believe me. They'd think i was a going around looking for attention. After years of this torture i couldn't take it anymore. I had to leave. I hated my life back there. I told my mom i didn't want to do this anymore and she let me come back to Korea alone. I had enough money to make Joseph leave me alone, keep my siblings studying. All those years i worked with that thought in mind, that one day i could leave all of it and start over..." Dara was sobbing into her hands now thinking of her horrible past. Seunghyun stared at the woman in front of him and never in a million years would he have thought this cheerful little person had to go through all that. He stepped forward and took her shaking body into his arms. She cried even harder at his contact and he didn't stop her at all. She had to cry it out. She'd been holding all this inside if her and she needed to let it all out. It could've been for hours that he was holding her in his arms in that room, but he didn't care. It was after she finally quieted down when he said something.
"You're right, my thoughts on you have changed." Dara's heart dropped. She was praying to god that he would magically still accept her despite her horrible past, but who was she kidding? No man would want her after knowing her story, her real identity. She left his embrace and stared at him, her eyes giving away how hurt she felt. Seunghyun smiled and her hair back while continuing what he was saying.
"I used to think you were strong for being able to live here by yourself and get by just fine, but now i'm convinced that you are the strongest person i know. What happened to you Dara was horrible, and if i ever get my hands on Joseph i swear i'll kill him, but it made you who you are today. It made you so strong and determined. You came to Korea to be independent but you've always been independent. I respect you so much more and i swear i look up to you." Seunghyun cupped her small face in his big hands and wiped her tears with his thumbs. 
"Your past is your past, but you're still you. I still find you just as amazing and loveable as before, hell maybe even more and nothing will change that." Dara was crying again and he was wiping her tears away again.
"Yah don't you think you're crying too much? You'll be so dehydrated in the morning." Dara let out a small laugh at his light words. 
"Hey Seunghyun..."
"Hm?"
"I think i love you too..." Dara was looking up at him and her eyes gleamed. She honestly couldn't help but feel like the luckiest person in the world. Seunghyun stared at her not believing the words that just came out of .
"What? Say that again!"
"...No, it's embarrassing."
"Yah! Pleaseeeeeeeeee" Dara stifled a laugh and said "i love you Choi Seunghyun." 
The biggest smile graced itself upon his face and in the moment he swooped down and kissed Dara on the lips. She was taken by surprise but after a few seconds, she closed her eyes and took in the moment. His arms brought her in closer and her arms made their way around his neck. Their lips worked i perfect harmony and they both couldn't get enough of each other, but humanity got to both of them and they soon had to break apart to gasp for air. Dara was slightly pink, her lips swollen and Seunghyun was still grinning. Despite the kiss being over, he didn't let her go any further. They both rested their foreheads on the other's and felt each other's hot breath on their faces. When Dara moved away Seunghyun's face formed a small pout, but it disappeared when he realized she was trying to say something.
"Seunghyun... What i just told you i haven't told anyone else and i'd like it if it stayed that way. Please don't tell anyone this, i know you won't but i'll feel better if i hear it from you. Promise?" Seunghyun smiled and nodded his head.
"Pinky promise." He said while sticking his pinky finger to lock with hers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Really sorry for not updating! Its 3 in the morning and i wrote it on my ipod so ignore stupid mistakes! I think youll like this chapter! I loved writing it so enjoy! Please comment on your thoughts!