Getting to Know Each Other

Pinky Promise

 


That night both Dara and Seunghyun had the best sleep in a while. There were no nightmares haunting Dara in her sleep and Seunghyun could finally sleep at ease. The smiles didn't leave their faces. The next morning Seunghyun woke up to the smell of food and knew it was Dara. He hasn't had a proper breakfast ever since Dara got a job and this was a nice change. He walked out of his room in his gray tank and pj bottoms to see Dara's back facing him. She was wearing a white tanktop, a pair of old shorts, and she had her hair up into a high bun. Seunghyun cursed at how tempting she looked and how she probably didn't even know it. In the midst of him staring at her Dara turned around and let out a small gasp out of surprise. She noticed how the veins in his arms didn't need to be strained to stick out, she knew he was ripped. Dara stopped herself before she started checking him out again and told him to go brush his teeth. She hurriedly set up their plates of rolled eggs, rice, and a stew before he came back out. She was waiting for him at the table quietly and gave him a small smile as he sat down in front of her. She felt kind of... Awkward. As she remembered her telling him everything and their kiss... She wanted to run to her room and hide before she embarrassed herself. In the middle of her thoughts she heard Seunghyun.
"Why aren't you eating? And why is your face so flushed?" 
"H-huh? Oh i'm fine," she said as she quickly moved her hands to stuff with egg and rice. She began to eat very quickly when he reached over the table and grabbed her hand from being able to stuff more food in.
"Yah eat slowly you're gonna choke."
"I'm fi-" Dara couldn't finish as she began coughing and trying her best not to spit out the food. Seunghyun immediately made his way to Dara with a glass of water in his hand. He made her drink it slowly as he rubbed her back. At the contact Dara reddened even more. After a few minutes she was okay and Seunghyun let out a sigh.
"See i told you you'd choke!"
"I didn't mean to!" 
"Whatever just eat slowly." Dara sent a small scowl over to him as she picked up her chopsticks again to eat. As they ate Seunghyun began to say something.
"By the way..."
"What?" 
"When were you planning to tell me that i'm living with one of the most famous celebrities in the Philippines?"
"I'm not that famous..." Dara didn't like bragging about her own achievements.
"Please you're called the BoA of the Philippines, and you got so many awards and achievements." Dara was shocked he knew all this.
"How do you know all that?" Seunghyun's face blushed as he heard Dara's question and looked down to pretend to eat, and it clicked in Dara's head. She burst out in laughter.
"Did you search me up Seunghyun?" Dara looked at his face and noticed it blush a even deeper shade of red as she asked her question.
"YOU DID! Oh my god!" Dara was tearing up from laughing so hard.
"I was just curious! Shut up! Yah stop laughing!" Dara couldn't stop laughing knowing he was embarassed.
"Aish stop laughing already." After a couple of minutes she finally did.
"I didn't know you were so talented, can i hear you play the guitar any time soon?" Dara's eyes widened at his request and she immediately shook her head.
"Why not! You're good."
"It's embarrassing."
"Why?"
"I don't know, it's easier to play in front of a huge crowd than just one person. It's more personal." 
"So let it be personal, please?" 
"I don't know... Maybe sometime later." Seunghyun smiled at her giving into his request. 
"Seunghyun... It's 8:27, don't you have work?"
"OH !" Seunghyun looked at the clock and ran to his room finally remembering the client he had to meet at 9:00 sharp. Dara laughed at his actions and got up to wash the dishes. After a few minutes he got out of his room looking absolutely perfect and she was shocked. He waved at her and said goodbye as he ran out of the door. As she washed the dishes she heard the door opening again and she went toward it to ask what was wrong. 
"What's wrong?"
"I forgot something." Seunghyun was out of breath.
"What?" Before she could finish the question in her head she froze.  Seunghyun dipped his head down to give Dara a kiss on the cheek. Her eyes widened as she felt his cool and soft lips on her cheek. He stood up straight to give her the biggest smile. Dara could literally feel the butterflies flying around in her stomach. 
"See you later." Seunghyun left the house for real this time and Dara stood there dumbfounded. 
Dara spent the whole day looking for a new job and was constantly going back to that moment in the morning and she didn't even notice when the clock already struck 8:30. Seunghyun came home to find Dara on the couch watching Running Man, he wasn't surprised by her choice of shows. When he entered the room she turned around in surprise.
"It's 9 already?!" She was in shock as she looked at the clock.
"Yep. What'd you do all day?" He asked as he took a seat down next to her.
"I looked for a new job," Dara said with a small pout on her lips.
"Did you find anything?" He felt bad because it was basically his fault.
"Uhhh i have an interview at another cafe and at a store."
"What store?"
"Chrome Hearts." 
"Oh wow Youngbaes obsessed with that store."
"Really? Why are all your friends always involved in my jobs?" 
"I don't know. Hey what's for dinner? I'm really hungry." At the word dinner Dara's eyes almost popped out of her head.
"DINNER! I forgot to cook dinner! Oh sorry i'll go do it now."As she jumped up to run to the kitchen, she was held back by Seunghyun's hand. 
"Calm down Dara, it's fine. You don't have to cook."
"Then are you going to cook?"
"I only cook on special occasions, so no. Lets go eat out." Dara nodded in agreement. She took a minute to run back into her room to change. She came back out in a navy blue v-neck, black jeans, and her silky brown hair falling over her shoulders. 
"Lets go!"
"What do you want to eat?" He asked as they stepped inside the elevator.
"Anything you want is fine."
"I wanted sushi, is that okay? Plus it's really close so we can just walk there." 
"Yeah that's fine." They both stepped out into the busy streets of Seoul. As they walked through the crowd, they were silent and tried their best to steal glances at the other without getting caught. In a few minutes they arrived at the place. It was different from what Dara was expecting. It was a small place with wooden tables and lanterns as decorations. Dara was expecting atleast a 4 star restaurant with waiters waitng to serve. Instead it had a old woman at the counter. It had a very comfortable feel to it and Dara loved it. Seeing Dara's reaction Seunghyun laughed knowing she wasn't expecting it. When they entered Seunghyun bowed to the older woman and said his greetings, Dara followed in confusion.
"Seunghyn-ah! It's been a while since you came, i missed you." 
"I missed you too Ahjummoni, are you feeling better now?"
"Of course! Just because i look old doesn't mean i'll die so soon." They laughed until the woman noticed Dara standing awkwardly in the back.
"Omo! Who's this pretty lady? Is she your girlfriend? It's about time you got one, i'm surprised such a handsome boy like you isn't always swarmed with girls, but i'm glad you waited, she's a beauty." Dara looked down in embarassment and said thank you. They were then taken to their seats.
"You come here often?"
"Yeah, i found this place i think about 2 years ago? Everyones really nice here."
"You never told them about Eunhye?" 
"Oh uh no. I actually never brought her here." 
"Why not?" 
"I don't know... She doesn't like these kind of places, she likes really fancy restaurants. I love this place it's the only place where i feel like i'm eating homemade food... Do you like it?" Seunghyun was hoping she would.
"I love it." Seunghyun gave her a grateful smile.
"...But the lady was wrong about one thing." 
"What?" 
"I'm not your girlfriend." This caught Seunghyun by surprise and his heart dropped.  
"But yesterday...we kissed and you told me you loved me." Seunghyun's heart felt like someone was beating it with a baseball bat.
"I did tell you that, and we did kiss, but i don't remember being asked out..." Dara gave him a smile that set him at ease knowing she was only teasing him.
"Yah what world do you live in? When a man tells you he loved you it obviously meant he wants you to be his." Dara blushed at his words and how direct he was being.
"I live in a world where the man has to ask the girl if she will be his." Dara looked him in the eyes letting him know she wasn't going to back down.
"Fine, will you be mine?"
Dara was crying of happiness inside but wanted to even more.
"Seriously is that the best you can do?"
"What?!"
"It sounded so plain? It didn't even sound a bit romantic." Seunghyun was speechless, but he tried again. Seunghyun reached for her hands and held them while looking into her eyes.
"Sandara Park i've been in love with you for a while now and i think i'll go crazy if i don't have you by my side. I love everything about you, even this annoying teasing side. You're the strongest person i know and you're so special. Will you be my girlfriend?" He looked at her with eyes that could make any woman swoon. 
"Yes." That one word made him the happiest man on the planet. 
The couple ate in peace and finally stepped out of the restaurant. The streets were quieter and the breeze was cool. They walked side by side in silence until Seunghyun held her hand in his. Dara looked up at him in surprise but Seunghyun looked straight ahead as he kept walking. Dara smiled to herself as she followed him. He then interlocked their fingers and he swore her fingers fit perfectly between the spaces of his own. Dara and Seunghyun made their way back into the apartment where they awkwardly let go of each other's hands. Because it was a Friday night, neither of them wanted to sleep yet and so Seunghyun suggested they watch a movie to which Dara agreed to. Both of them came into the living room after changing into their pjs. Seunghyun was wearing a simple white v-neck with black sweats while Dara had on a light pink shirt and a pair of white shorts. He tried his best not to stare at her legs as she walked over to sit next to him on the couch. 
"So what movie do you want to watch?" Seunghyun asked as he was surfing through Netflix and as he passed by a certain movie Dara got excited.
"OH LET'S WATCH THIS!" Seunghyun gave her a weird look.
"What? I haven't watched it before and everyone said it was really good even back in the Philippines, plus i really like Won Bin."
"Man From Nowhere? I don't think it's your type of movie Dara."
"Shut up i can handle it. Put it on."
"Fine. But if you can't sleep tonight, it's your fault." Seunghyun already watched it and he liked the movie a lot but it was very gorey even for him, but he knew how stubborn Dara was and put it on. As the movie went on they both began to feel more comfortable. Dara sat pretzel style next to Seunghyun much closer than before and Seunghyun had his arm rested above on the top of the couch, which meant he was very close to touching her shoulder. As the movie progressed the fighting scenes became more and more bloody. Dara tried her best to keep her facial expressions calm but the moment Won Bin chopped a man's head off and the blood splattered everywhere Dara screamed and stuffed her face into Seunghyun's chest. Seunghyun laughed at her reaction knowing she'd crack sooner or later. He brought his arm over her back and rubbed it as he kept laughing. 
"Is the scene over?" Dara asked in a muffled voice considering the fact that her face was still facing his chest. Seunghyun let out a small chuckle and said "Yeah it's over, should i turn it off?"
"No! I can handle this i'm fine." She exclaimed as she finally sat back up and Seunghyun gave her a look which she replied to with a "shut up." As they continued to watch the movie Seunghyun got more confident and he now pulled Dara closer to him as he put an arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him with a smile on her face and nudged closer to him and went back to watching the movie. Despite the bloody scenes that would definitely give her nightmares at some time in the near future, the movie was really good. At the ending Dara began to tear up as he saved the little girl and brought her back home safely. When Seunghyun looked down at Dara he saw her wiping her tears and laughed again.
"Yah why are you crying? It's just a movie."
"I'm not crying!"
"Oh really? Then why is your nose so red?" He asked as he tapped her little nose. She smacked his hand away and told him to shut up. Seunghyun shut the T.V off but neither of them moved from their positions; Seunghyun's arms were around Dara, and Dara's head was resting on his chest. 
"How do you know so much about Korean culture if you've lived in the Philippines the majority of your life?"
"My mom is veryyyy Korean. She always made us eat Korean food, told us about the culture and manners. We've all been brought up the typical Korean way."
"You're the oldest right?" 
"Mhm."
"What are your siblings names?"
"I have a sister named Durami, she's 20, and a brother named Sanghyun who is 22."
"Are they ever gonna come back to Korea?" 
"I guess if they want to. They're still in school right now and all their friends are there so i doubt it."
"Have you spoken to them? I never saw you call them."
"They called like three days ago? They call really late because of the time difference. Why are you asking all this?" Dara looked up at him in confusion but all he did was shrug.
"I don't know, i'm just curious. Is it wrong to know more about my girlfriend?" Seunghyun and her stomach did little flips as she heard the word 'girlfriend.'
"Then i want to know more about you too." 
"Ask away."
"Okay, who's in your family?"
"Me, my older sister, and my parents."
"Do you like being the managing director of such a big industry?"
"Yeah, i guess. It gets frustrating at times but i like my job." 
"Where did you go to college?" 
"Seoul University." 
"Are you serious?! That's crazy."
"Not really, a lot of the students there were really stuck up but i did meet my best friend there."
"Who?"
"Kwon Jiyong, he's in Paris right now at a runway i think."
"Your best friends a model?!"
"No. He's a designer." 
"Oh. That's cool. So what did you major in college? Business?"
"Uh no not really."
"Then what?"
"Acting." Dara looked up at him in shock, she wasn't expecting that answer.
"You're an actor?!"
"Just because someone majors in acting doesn't make them an actor stupid." 
"Whatever, were you good?"
"I guess, i got scouted a few times." Seunghyun sounded absolutely oblivious to what he was saying.
"That's crazy! Why didn't you become an actor then?"
"At that time i guess i had the pressure of taking on the family business so i thought acting wasn't a smart decision and followed my dad's instructions."
"Wow. Do you still want to act?"
"Now? Nah, i think i'm over that phase."
"Oh. Well if you want to, you should pursue it and make it happen because you might regret it later."
"You sound like a guidance counselor."
She smacked him on the chest and said "hey that was really good advice okay! So say thank you."
"Okay, thank you so much Dara." She hit him again on the chest.
"Ow! What was that for?!" 
"You were being sarcastic."
"No i wasn't."
"Yes you were."
"No i wasn't."
"Yes. You were."
"Fine, i'm sorry." She smiled a victorious smile after she heard him apologize. What Seunghyun did next surprised her. He held her chin to make her face him and he gave her a short peck on the lips. Her eyes widened and cheeks reddened.
"W-why did you do that?" 
"Because i wanted to."
"You can't just kiss me whenever you want!" 
"Sure i can" and he bent down to peck her on the lips again.
"Plus that wasn't a kiss, this is a kiss." Dara didn't have enough time to think about what he would do next. His hand held her face close as his lips touched hers. He began to kiss her even deeper as she sat up straight from her original position. His other hand made it's way behind her neck to get better access, which she didn't deny. Her hands found their way to his shirt as she began to kiss him just as hard. After a few minutes Dara pulled away because she was breathless. They looked at each other as the room filled with sounds of their heavy breathing. 
"That, was a kiss." Dara's cheeks were red and her lips were swollen and wet from the busy contact a minute ago. He was tempted to kiss her again but instead he her cheek with his thumb.
"Aren't you sleepy?"
"Not really."
"But its like 2 in the morning."
"I know but i didn't really do anything so yeah..." 
"I see." Seunghyun then lied down on the couch leaving Dara confused.
"Yah, if you lie down where am i supposed to sit?"
"You could lie down with me."
"W-what?" She was noticing how straightforward Seunghyun was.
"Come here," Seunghyun said as he pulled her down to lie down next to him. The couch wasn't meant for two people laying down together so they were very close together. Dara was trying her best not to stick to him, but Seunghyun on the other hand brought her closer and wrapped his arm around her waist.  She suddenly felt hot and her cheeks were burning. She would've never imagined being this close with Seunghyun.
"Are you okay?" Seunghyun asked as he noticed the blood rushing to her cheeks and he wasn't helping the situation by bringing her even closer.
"Y-yeah i'm fine..."
"Good." He now wrapped both arms around her leaving her to rest her head on his arm. They stayed like that for a while until Dara sparked up a onversation.
"I have a question..."
"What is it?"
"Does your family know you broke up with Eunhye?"
"Not yet..."
"When do you plan on telling them?"
"Tomorrow. My mom usually checks up on me every Saturday."
"What is she going to say?"
"She'll be unhappy for a while but she'll forget about it when i tell her about you."
Dara pulled away from his embrace to look up at him.
"I'm going to meet them?"
"Well i want you to, but i won't rush you."
"Oh okay. How is your sister going to react?"
"She'll be fine with it."
"How do you know that?"
"Well she believes in finding 'the one' and she always thought that Eunhye wasn't the right person for me."
"Do you think she'll like me?"
"Who wouldn't?"
"I'm serious."
"They will and even if they don't that's too bad for them because i do."
Dara looked at him as he said that and couldn't help but smile. She looked at their position right now and knew they were going pretty fast as a couple but she didn't mind. She finally felt safe, comfortable, and loved for who she really was.
"What happened?" 
"Nothing." She then stuck her head up and gave him a kiss on the cheek and then stuffed her face back into his chest in embarrassment. Seunghyun laughed at her cute behavior.
"Yah if you're gonna sleep here atleast go turn off the light."
"You go, i'm sleepy."
"Oh now you're sleepy you lazy bum."
Seunghyun picked Dara up and flipped her to the other side of couch. Dara let out a small squeal and looked at Seunghyun in shock.
"What was that?!"
"What? I had to get off the couch." Seunghyum shrugged and switched the lights off. He walked back to the couch to see Dara sitting up and ready to get up.
"I thought you were gonna sleep."
"I am. I'm going to my room."
"But... Fine." Seunghyun was pouting in the dark he was really looking forward to sleeping with her on the couch. She saw him pouting and laughed. To make him feel better she got up and gave him a hug. 
"Trust me neither of us would sleep if we slept here together on the couch." 
"I wouldn't mind that."
She ended the hug and smacked him on the arm. "."
"You act like you wouldn't like it." 
She was glad he turned the lights off, he couldn't see her cheeks at the moment as she thought about how she wouldn't mind either.
"Whatever. Goodnight Tabi." She out a small giggle as she finally called him by the nickname she made up.
"Good night Dara" he smiled and they both walked off into their own rooms.