Cheesy Lines

Pinky Promise

The next morning Dara woke up at 6 AM despite it being Sunday and the fact that she went to sleep at 3 AM. She showered and dressed in plain clothes that she hoped wouldn’t catch too much attention. Her hair was tied up and most of her face covered up with the biggest sunglasses she owned. Dara left a little note on the dresser next to the bed where Seunghyun lay still sleeping and left the house. Only when she was outside did she use her phone to call Eunhye’s number, which she got from Seunghyun’s phone.

“Hello? Who is this?” Eunhye’s voice still sounded sleepy.

“I’m glad you can still sleep after ruining person’s life.” Dara was angry.

“I don’t recall doing any of that?” Eunhye was now awake and knew who was on the other side of the phone calling her this early in the morning.

“Cut the crap. Meet me at Café Bene in an hour.”

“And why would I do that?”

“Because I want to solve this situation like two adults, even though you approached it like a high school student. Now meet me in an hour.” Dara hung up without letting her have any say and walked to Seunghyun’s car. Inside the car she looked at herself in his rearview mirror and told herself to be strong and that she did nothing wrong.

Dara arrived at the café half an hour earlier. It was her first time coming to the place after she was fired and it explained why Jaejoong looked so surprised seeing her. She realized she wasn’t angry at Jaejoong anymore and greeted him with a smile.

“Hey, is it okay if I come in now? I know you’re not open but I really need to be here and –“

“Yeah its fine, come in.” Jaejoong cut off her rambling to let her enter the café. It was obviously empty except for Jaejoong and Chaerin who was putting down the chairs from the tables. Their eyes met and Chaerin’s eyes curved into the shape of two cute little moons as it always did when she happy.

“UNNIE! You’re back?!” She ran to Dara and gathered her in a tight hug.

“Uh, not really I just have to meet someone here and it’s really urgent and I can’t really be seen outside at the moment so yeah…” Dara didn’t want to go into the real story of what’s going on in her life, but Chaerin understood and smiled.

“Oh, if you don’t want to be seen you can sit in the room inside. I can just tell the person you’re meeting to go inside when he/she comes. But who is the one you’re meeting?” Dara was grateful to Chaerin since she didn’t ask further for her story.

“Um… Eunhye.”

“Oh. Is everything okay unnie? You look so tired and worn out. Are you sick?”

Dara gave Chaerin a small smile for being so caring. “I’m fine, just going through a hard time right now but I think it’ll be okay later. Can you tell me where that room is?”

“Okay, I’m glad you’re okay. The room is through that door and up the small staircase. You can go up I’ll come up with your coffee in a few minutes.”

“Thanks Chaerin, I really appreciate it.” She walked to the private room and sat down, it was 6:55, Eunhye would come any moment now.

At 7:05 the doors to Café Bene opened up once again and Eunhye entered looking around to find Dara, but there was no one in the café except for a few workers.

“She’s waiting for you upstairs.” Chaerin called over from the counter with a cold voice, she never really liked Eunhye. Whenever Eunhye would come to the café with Seunghyun, she’d give off the vibe that she was higher than everyone else and would be angry if anyone else spoke to Seunghyun, especially if that anyone was a girl.

“Where do I go?” Chaerin simply pointed to the door and went back to wiping the counter.

Eunhye made her way upstairs and saw Dara sitting there with a coffee mug in her hand.

“Why was I called here?” Eunhye didn’t leave her pretense.

“You know why, don’t act stupid.”

“I really don’t.”

“Oh? Then why did you run here to meet me at 7 in the morning?” Eunhye took a seat in front of Dara.

“I was curious.”

“God, stop acting like you didn’t do anything. You sent everyone those pictures of me.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Dara had to do her best to keep from throwing the coffee in her hands, at Eunhye’s face.

“I came here today Eunhye to settle this once and for all, despite you destroying the privacy I tried so hard to build. So please just stop pretending being so fake for once.”

“Fine, I did it. I sent those pictures to everyone around you. I want to destroy you. You thought you were better than me for taking Seunghyun away from me? This just goes to show you not to mess with Yoon Eunhye. Those emails finally showed everyone how low and cheap you are. You started off as a , selling off your body, and here you are acting as a taking someone else’s fiancé away from them. You deserve everything you’re getting.”

Dara didn’t know how it happened, but she was now on her feet with her coffee mug empty. She had splashed the coffee, which unfortunately cooled down, onto Eunhye’s face.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” Eunhye was angry and embarrassed.

“That was to give you a splash of reality in your life Eunhye.” Dara’s voice was strangely very calm and collected, but anyone would be able to tell she was dead serious. “I didn’t take anyone from you. You lost Seunghyun a long time ago, you don’t love him anymore. Why are you lying to yourself. You’re just angry that he’s happier with someone else other than you. Seunghyun doesn’t love you anymore either. Maybe if you weren’t so hot headed, you could’ve actually talked to him and sorted it out. But did you? No. You decided to take revenge by destroying my life. You know I came here today to talk to you because I thought you were right in being so angry and that maybe you were acting like this because you were really hurt inside. But that’s not the case. At all. You’re just angry because your pride was hurt. As for those pictures? Don’t be so quick to judge someone. You don’t know my story. You don’t know what I went through at all. It must be really easy for you to call me a or a right? The words just flow out without you even taking a moment to think maybe she was forced to do it, or what situation she was in to go to that extent. I’m not embarrassed of those pictures because it reminded me of how strong I was in the past, and I’m glad you sent them to Seunghyun’s family because it just showed how lucky I am to be part of their family. They trust me, they admire me for my past. And Seunghyun? He’s never respected me so much before. So thank you, Eunhye. Thank you for being the immature and hateful little you are.” Dara was about to walk away from Eunhye, who had surprisingly been quiet the whole time, when she heard something.

“You were forced to take those pictures?” Dara turned around to face Eunhye, who for the first time looked small and not so confident.

“I had to feed my family.”

“… I’m s-s-sorry…” Dara never thought she’d ever hear those words come out of Eunhye’s mouth.

“What?”

“I’m sorry. You’re right. I was only angry because it was the first time in my life I lost. I could live without Seunghyun, I guess I was just in denial since I was with him for so long. I don’t know what I was thinking when I sent those pictures to everyone. I didn’t feel right after I sent those, trust me. Even I have a little bit of a heart. I know it’s too late but I’m really sorry. I don’t know how to fix this situation now.”

“Don’t do anything more. I’ll fix it from now on.” Before Dara was about to leave, she held Eunhye’s hand out and handed her a napkin to wipe herself. As Dara walked out of the café she heard Chaerin call after her.

“Unnie! You were amazing! Seriously.” Chaerin gave her a bright smile letting Dara know she heard what was going on up there.

“You heard everything?”

“I was going up to give Eunhye coffee, but yeah…” Dara smiled and shook her head playfully as she stepped outside, and for some weird reason she had a desire to shop at the moment.

~

It was about 1PM when Dara came back home and as soon as she entered the apartment, Seunghyun bombarded her with questions and brought her into a breath taking hug, literally. She couldn’t breathe.

“S-seunghyun I can’t breathe!” Her arms were flailing around while Seunghyun ignored her words and continued to bear hug her.

“I don’t care! God where were you! I was so scared you would do something stupid and leave me. Don’t do that again, you had me so scared.” He finally let her go and held her arm’s length.

“I left you a note, you didn’t see it?” Seunghyun looked confused.

“What note?” She rolled her eyes and shook her head disapprovingly at him.

“A note on the dresser that says I went to go meet Eunhye and I’ll be back later.”

“Oh.” Seunghyun felt stupid but he couldn’t help it. Waking up without Dara next to him or anywhere in the house terrified him. Then having her not picking up his calls scared him even more.

“Wait why did you meet Eunhye by yourself?! What happened did she do something?”

“Not really, she admitted to what she did and I got angry told her to move on, and  then she apologized.”

“What?” Eunhye apologizing? That was unusual to hear.

“Yeah, I was surprised too. But she said she didn’t know why she released those pictures but she felt bad after she did it and she was sorry for what she did. I have a feeling she won’t be trying to ruin our lives now.” Dara ended with a small laugh.

“How are you so happy about this? She still released those pictures and told everyone about it. Shouldn’t you still be angry?”

“I was really angry but after she apologized I don’t know I just wasn’t as angry anymore. She even wanted to help fix the situation but I didn’t let her. And as I was outside I feel like I have a solution.”

“What is it?”

“I could hold a press conference and come clean about those pictures. Eunhye made me realize that I wasn’t ashamed of my past as much, so I wouldn’t have that hard of a time to explain what really happened. Can you help me? It’s been a while since I held a press conference.”

“Of course I will, I’ll even be there right next to you. But are you sure? Everyone will bother you and they’ll know for sure that you’re in Korea.”

“Yeah, I’m sure. I don’t like hiding and having to worry about my picture being taken. It’ll be hard but since I have you next to me, I can get through it.” Dara looked up at him and smiled letting them both know it will be okay and they can get through this.

“Wow, how amazing of a person are you? But yeah, I will be here the whole time so we can through this together.” He reached for her cheek and softly caressed it.

“Wow, we’re so cheesy aren’t we? We sound like we’re in a Nicholas Sparks book.” Dara couldn’t help but giggle and gag at the same time at the things they were saying.

“Yah! Why do you always ruin these moments?”

“You know looking at you, you don’t look like the sappy type at all. Never thought you’d be so cheesy.” Dara was being honest, she always thought he’d be the type to never speak his feelings but boy was she wrong, not that she was unhappy about that.

“Shut up. Now tell me where you went after meeting Eunhye? And what are all those bags?” Seunghyun looked down at what seemed like 10 bags full of clothes and other things.

“I thought you were taking me to Singapore on Tuesday, I went shopping for us and I also got permission to leave work for 3 days from my boss.” Seunghyun’s face was now plastered with a crazy grin from the excitement he felt.

“You mean were still going?!”

“Hell yeah, I’m not missing Singapore!” Seunghyun laughed and brought her into an embrace once again.

“I was worried I’d have to reschedule because of what’s going on, but I’m so happy that we don’t.”

“Can we have the press conference tomorrow? So we can leave on Tuesday?”

“Yep! I’ll go make the preparations now.” Seunghyun left the room to go make calls while Dara dragged all the bags onto the living room floor and admired all the things she bought.

After about an hour, Seunghyun came back out with a smile to see Dara and the whole living room filled with clothes.

“Holy crap how much did you buy? This is all for you? It’s only three days Dara, not a whole month.” Dara gave him a face as if saying he was stupid. He came to sit on the couch opposite of Dara who was on the floor.

“It’s not all for me! Half of it is yours. Plus we need a lot of things you just don’t realize it. I bought all the necessary things.” Now Seunghyun was the one to shake his head disapprovingly but brightened up when he saw a certain piece of clothing and reached forward to pick it up.

“Well, now I’m excited.” He was holding up the navy blue striped bikini in the air. Dara’s eyes widened and she lunged forward to take it away from Seunghyun but failed as he moved it away. She stood up determined to take it away from him but he was too fast. They ended up wrestling and for some reason, Dara on Seunghyun’s lap.

“Ugh I hate you!”

“What did I do?” He now put the bikini down and held both of her hands in his.

“That was supposed to be a surprise! You ruined it.” She glared at him and Seunghyun burst out laughing.

“My bad, but it was just lying there and my eyes just went to it.”

“Because you’re a ert!” She stuck her tongue out at him.

“Yah I’m your boyfriend, I’m allowed to be excited to see my girlfriend in a bikini.” Dara’s face flushed pink after hearing his words.

“Ugh whatever. You ruined it. I’m not wearing it anymore.”

“What?! No, that’s not fair! You have to! Okay, I’ll pretend like I don’t even know the color. I promise.” Dara laughed at how hard he was trying to convince her.

“Wow you really want me to wear it huh?”

“Of course. It’s not every day I get to see you in that attire. All you wear are those boring pink PJs and my shirts.”

“MY PJS AREN’T BORING! They’re cute! And fine I won’t wear your shirts anymore.”

“I’d rather you not wear any shirt to be honest.” Dara had a coughing fit hearing his daring words.

“YAH HOW ARE YOU NOT A ERT?! HOW CAN YOU JUST SAY THAT SO NATRUALLY?”

“I was just being honest.” Dara glared at him again but that was disturbed when he surprised her with a kiss.

“What was that for?”

“For not leaving me, I really was scared.”

“Sorry, but it’s your fault for not reading the note. What did you think it was? Those dramas where you wake up and the girl magically disappears because she feels like it’s all her fault? I may watch them but I’m not stupid.”

“Well…”

“What?!” She smacked him on the chest.

“I’m kidding! I promise!” He held her hands once again and dipped down to capture her lips to another kiss. As the kiss continued he let go of her hands to hold her face. Then suddenly she felt his arms go around her back and under her legs and suddenly she was in the air as Seunghyun held her bridal style. Dara let out a gasp and Seunghyun saw this as another opportunity to kiss her. He walked towards his bedroom with his lips still in a battle with hers. Her arms circled his neck and fingers running wild in his soft black hair. After entering his bedroom he dropped Dara lightly onto his bed and hovered over her body before sending little kisses all over her body. She closed her eyes to take in the satisfying feeling and she never fully understood how lucky she was until this moment.

 

*** Hi guys! Another chapter for you guys, it’s been a while but it was surprisingly really easy to write this chapter. I also had a lot of fun writing it. This chapter is probably my longest yet and I felt it was necessary considering I rarely update now. I’m sorry for all the waiting. I think the story is gonna end soon but I don’t really know how to end it yet? The next chapter won’t be soon lol I won’t lie to you guys. But I’m surprised people are still reading and subscribing! Thank you so much! I hope you like this chapter and please do comment I miss your comments. They make me happy.  

*** Also I fixed the format for the previous chapter, I never realized it was that horrendous lol I felt bad. This chapter is too long for me to go back right now and re-read sorry LOL so please ignore any stupid mistakes. Thank you.