No Words

Pinky Promise

After hours at the pool, just swimming, basking in the sun, and lots and lots of kissing, the couple decided it was time for food. They went back inside their room and dressed up for a fancy candlelit dinner. Dara put on a fitted white sundress that stopped above her knees and styled her hair with big waves. Seunghyun had on a pair of black slacks, and a white button down with the sleeves pulled up to his elbows. It was obvious that Dara and Seunghyun were easily the best looking couple in the restaurant, but they were too busy staring at each other to notice anyone else. Their dinner went by amazingly as they talked, drank wine (multiple bottles as Seunghyun was obviously obsessed), and even played footsie under the table. As they walked outside the restaurant and onto the streets of Singapore, a voice called out behind them.

“Well, isn’t it a small world.” Hearing this particular voice, Dara’s body froze. She couldn’t will her body to keep walking or even turn around.

“What’s wrong Dara?” Seunghyun noticed the change in her posture, and her eyes looked slightly frantic. Dara was incapable of answering.

“Aw, come on Sandy you’re going to ignore me like that?” Seunghyun heard the particular nickname and realized it had to be someone she knew from the Philipines since no one in Korea called her Sandy. He gently shook her shoulder, and as he was about turn around to look at the man Dara’s hand shot up to hold him back. She had a tight grip on his arm as she looked up at Seunghyun with scared eyes. Now Seunghyun was even more worried, and with a reassuring hand on Dara’s hand, he turned around to meet the man.

“May I ask who you are? And how you know Dara?” Seunghyun asked in fluent English. He was a good head taller than the man in question.

“Why don’t you ask Sandy, she knows very well who I am.” The man sounded strangely smug and it didn’t offer a good impression for Seunghyun.

“Why don’t you just tell me”

“I’m Joseph, Dara’s ex.” With those words, Seunghyun saw red. Suddenly images of Dara crying at night filled his head, and she was still deeply traumatized by her past. Dara felt Seunghyun’s grip on her hand tighten, almost to the extent of pain, but she knew it was because he finally knew who he was talking to. And almost immediately, Seunghyun let go of Dara’s hand only to grab Joseph by his collar and push him back a few steps.

“Whoa, I’m gonna go ahead and guess that Dara’s told you about me?” And he had the audacity to bend around Seunghyun in order to look at Dara and go “I knew you couldn’t forget about me.” Seunghyun snapped and swung at Joseph. The action was fast, one moment Joseph was standing and the next he was on the ground holding his jaw, while Seunghyun’s knuckles ached only to hit him again. Dara heard the exchange and ran to Seunghyun’s side in order to hold him back. They were already gathering a crowd and she didn’t want Seunghyun to get in trouble.

“Seunghyun, we need to go.” Dara’s voice was shaking in both fear and anger. She was angry for two reasons, one because he had the guts to speak to her, and two because she still let him have control over her.

“I see you found yourself another guy to yourself out with. He looks rich, is he paying you more than I did? I kinda miss you, how about it? I’ll pay you double his price.” Dara couldn’t hold Seunghyun back anymore, and she didn’t want to. That deserved to go to hell. Seunghyun went down to the ground where he was still sitting, and continued to beat the crap out of him. Joseph tried fighting back but it was useless. No one could stop Seunghyun right now. Although Seunghyun genuinely believed that he had the ability to kill Joseph at that moment, he stopped himself and got off of him.

“You stay the hell away from Dara. If you even look at her or try to talk to her, I swear to god I will not stop myself the next time. And your sick body will be rotting in the ground before you know it.” Seunghyun’s threat was effective as Joseph was considerably paler than before, but it wasn’t enough to give the man some common sense because as Dara and Seunghyun were walking away he said “please, we both know you can’t satisfy her more than I could.”

Before Seunghyun could turn around to kill this man once and for all, Dara was already on the move. She turned around and slapped Joseph so hard the sound still resonated in Seunghyun’s ears.

“You are a disgusting excuse for a human being. I let you torture me before but I’ll be damned before I let you do that to me again. I don’t think I have ever hated a man as much as I hated you. You stay the hell away from me, my family, and Seunghyun. If you come near us again, I swear to god I will go straight to the police and will not stop before you and your sad career are down the drain.” Dara was about to walk away when she turned around again and said “and oh, clear yourself of the delusion that you ever satisfied me. You touching me, hell you breathing the same air as me, makes me want to kill myself.” As she was about to walk away, she did what she’s always wanted to do. Dara kicked him hard, between the legs, and he went down in seconds.

When she was back by Seunghyun’s side, his arms embraced her as they walked away. They walked back to the hotel and into their suite in silence. When he closed the door, Dara broke down and rushed into his arms. She cried into his chest, ruining his shirt, and his arms held her so close there was no space in between their bodies. He moved them to their bed where she sat on his lap still crying. Seunghyun said nothing, but kept her hair and back. He knew she never really let out all the pain that she held inside, out. Seunghyun was so proud of her for standing up to him and not backing down.

That night they didn’t say anything else as he changed her from her dress to one of his shirts. They didn’t say anything as they lay down on their bed, Dara protected in Seunghyun’s arms. They didn’t say anything as they waited for sleep to overcome them. No words were needed to let each other know that they weren’t alone and that they will never be alone as long as they’re together. 

 

****Hi guys! I finally updated, yayyyy. It's been so long! But I swear my lack of updates isn't completely because I'm a lazy bum, it's because I'm a lazy bum in college now lol. I had some time today so I decided to update. I hope you like the chapter, I was kinda nervous writing it? Once again I hope I don't offend any Jospeh fans, this is all fiction. I like this chapter because it finally gives closure on the jospeh chapter in dara's life. Plus we get to see Seunghyun be all protective :) Please leave comments on your thoughts! I really am sorry that I don't update especially SINCE I HAVE 200 SUBSCRIBERS NOW??!! It made me feel all special inside lmao ^-^ but to be completely honest, i doubt the next update will be soon, so IM SORRY AGAIN IN ADVANCE! 

ps. i was too lazy to read over and edit so please ignore any stupid mistakes.