Birthday Boy

Pinky Promise

The days were getting colder and Seunghyun was getting busier at work. His days were more chaotic and he came home much later and sometimes they wouldn't even be able to see each other. That said a lot considering they live together. Dara could see how worn out he was and she wanted to do something for him. It was the day before his birthday and Dara hadn't seen him in two days. Whenever she'd wake up he'd be gone leaving a simple "i love you" on the white board that they stuck on their fridge. It was a small thing but it never failed to make her smile. Today however, Dara made sure she would see him and decided to bring him lunch during her lunch break. She didn't know why she was so excited but she was and also very nervous. She didn't know if he'd like her coming over to his office but she would risk it. When she got to the top floor where his office was she found the front desk, where normally a secretary would be, empty. She didn't have the time to wait for the secretary to come back and decided to just enter without notice. Worst case scenario would be that he was in a meeting and she would just walk out saying sorry right? Wrong. 

Dara slipped inside the room quietly to see Eunhye inside, sitting on his desk and leaning towards him giving a very nice view of her cleavage. Seunghyun was looking up at her and she saw him laugh and as he looked around the once empty room his eyes froze on the now still figure at the door. Their eyes met. Dara looked confused and heartbroken. Hurt. Seunghyun knew how wrong the situation looked and stood up to go to her and along with him Eunhye got up as well with a smug look on her face. She thanked her stars for the good look she was having today. As Seunghyun started to make his way towards Dara he stood still after hearing her.
"Stop." That one word held so much emotion and tension.
"Dara it's not what you think."
"And what do i think?"
" I don't know but whatever you're thinking it's not true." 
"Oh really? Because i came here thinking maybe i should do something for my boyfriend who i barely get to see these days, but i guess i found my answer on why you come home so late."
"Stop it Dara, that's not fair. You can't just jump to conclusions."
"Oh excuse me for thinking that when i see my boyfriend and his ex in a room together so alone that even the secretary wasn't outside. Especially when she's basically undressing you with her eyes."
"Watch it." Eunhye snapped hearing Dara's words.
"Shut up Eunhye." Seunghyun snapped back at Eunhye.
"Whatever i can't deal with this right now. I have to get back to work." Dara turned around to walk away but was stopped by Seunghyun holding her back by the wrist.
"Dara stop listen to me! I wasn't doing anything wrong. She came in here and was asking about a project going on. I promise." 
"Sure. Whatever you say Seunghyun." The sarcasm was practically dripping from Dara's statement. Seunghyun was about to hold her back once again but his secretary came in oblivious to the situation and informed Seunghyun about his next appointment which was in 7 minutes. Dara used this opportunity to free her wrist from Seunghyun's grip and walk out. The secretary left the room to leave Seunghyun and Eunhye alone in the room. 
"Wow talk about dramatic" Eunhye snorted out in amusement which earned her a death stare.
"Get out of this office right now! I already told you your information will be mailed to you so no need for you to drop by here anymore and as for your propasal to become partners, thank you. It gave me a nice laugh but no thank you. If you would excuse me and leave i have clients coming in soon." Seunghyun ignored her and sat down at his desk to prep for the incoming clients, he was worried about Dara and would do anything to run to her right now but he knew he had to leave her alone to cool down. Eunhye left in embarassment and anger. Not only did Dara make her lose Seunghyun but now she had just lost her first business proposal. She would get Dara for this, she hated losing. As she entered the elevator she was surprised to see Dara inside as well. Eunhye walked inside with her head high and shoulders back, no one would be able to tell she was rejected a minute ago. As they made their long way down to the lobby Eunhye's chuckling filled the silence. Dara being annoyed turned to her and told Eunhye to shut up.
"Wow it's funny." Eunhye began.
"What's funny?" 
"Wasn't it you who told me to trust my boyfriend? Now who's the one with the trust issues?" Dara turned to give Eunhye a glare but Eunhye seemed unphased.
"You know i'm right." There was a short silence.
"You know what?" Now it was Dara who began.
"What?"
"I trust Seunghyun. I just don't trust you considering how low and cheap you are." Dara wasn't being 100% honest, she didn't know who to trust at the moment but she had some hope.
"You really don't know who you're talking to do you? I think it'd be best if you were to shut that pretty mouth of yours right now."
"Oh really? Why is that?"
Eunhye let out a small laugh and said "Or else you'll regret it." And like that the elevator doors opened to the lobby of Choi Industries. Eunhye walked out of the building as numerous workers bowed down in respect while Dara walked behind in disgust of how much importance the woman was getting. 
Later that night Dara came home late to find Seunghyun already home waiting for her.
"Where were you? I left so many messages and calls but you didn't pick up anything. Are you okay?" Seunghyun bombarded her with questions.
"I'm fine Seunghyun i was just out with my friends from work. Good night."
"You're going to bed already?"  
"Yes." As she turned around to walk to her room, Seunghyun apologized.
"I'm sorry Dara but i really didn't do anything wrong." Dara was annoyed at hearing the same thing over and over again.
"Then why don't you explain why she was there? ON YOUR DESK?! Basically rubbing herself on you."
"She wasn't rubbing herself on me!" He shouted back in his defense. Dara gave him a look and he immediately calmed down.
He sighed and began to explaing himself.
"Look i didn't even know she was coming to my office this was my first time seeing her in months. She said she had questions about her on going projects with us and i answered them."
"You were laughing. I saw you" Dara stood there looking at him with accusing eyes.
"I was laughing at her! She proposed the idea of me and her becoming business partners and wanting to merge our businesses together so i laughed because i would obviously reject her proposal." Dara was quiet now looking down at her fingers. Seunghyun knew by this action that she had calmed down and wasn't angry anymore. He took it as a sign to come closer and pull her into a hug. He closed his eyes as he brought her closer.
"I'm sorry..." Dara quietly said.
"I still didn't like the way she was showing you her cleavage." Dara's voice was muffled because her face was stuffed in his chest.
"Neither did i." Seunghyun laughed.
"Liar." Seunghyun pulled away and looked at her.
"I'm serious. I only like yours." He was smirking and Dara's eyes widened and her face flushed a deep shade of red.
"Oh my god i can't believe you just said that." She smacked him hard and he laughed but still said "HEY! No hitting the birthday boy!" 
"It's not 12 yet."
"Yah it's 12:30!" He pointed to the clock on the wall and her eyes widened for the second time that night.
She jumped into his arms and screamed Happy Birthday!
The smile on Seunghyun's face got brighter as he lifted her body off the floor while still in embrace. While in mid air she pulled away from the hug and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. After she pulled away, to Seunghyun's dismay, she hugged him again.
"Oh you don't know good it feels to kiss you and have you in my arms again! It feels like it's been forever."
"Yah it's only been like 2-3 days! And it was your fault too!"
"Sorry... I've been dealing with a client from Singapore so yeah..."
"It's okay i won't yell at you today since it's your birthday."  
Seunghyun finally put her down and they both walked over to sit on the couch. 
"Oh i have a present for you!" As she started to get up go retrieve the gift from her room she was pulled back to sit down, but this time on his lap.
"You can do that later."
"Okay..."
"I had something else in mind..." Seunghyun's arms s their way around her waist bringing her closer. She raised her eyebrows.
"Well it is my birthday, i can ask for anything right?" One of his hands was now running up and down her leg. She was confused until it clicked in her head and she instantly slapped Seunghyn on the chest and was now standing up to face him with her arms crossed.
"OW WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" 
"For being a ert!"
"How was i being a ert?"
"I'm not doing 'that' with you today just because it's your birthday!"
"Do what?!"
"You know.... IT!" Seunghyun saw her face and knew how hard she was trying not to say the word and burst out laughing.
"Why are you laughing?!"
Between his laughs he managed to tease further by asking "What do you mean by IT?"
Dara knew he was messing with her and sat back down next to him sendig him a glare.
"You know what i'm talking about!"
"I really don't. Please enlighten me."
"I hate you so much." Dara turned around to face away from him. After he finished laughing he hugged her from the back and rested his chin on her right shoulder.
"Hey Dara... I really think we should..."
" YOU SEE YOU ARE A ERT!" Dara pushed him away and he fell on the floor laughing almost on the verge of tears. He wouldn't stop laughing and so Dara came down on the floor on him to try to wrestle him to stop laughing. 
"PIZZA!"
"What are you talking about?" Dara stopped wrestling him when she heard him scream pizza. Dara was straddling Seunghyun's waist at the moment.
"I really think we should order pizza! That's what i wanted. You're the real ert here! All i wanted was food." Dara stared at him in shock and went back to wrestling him. Seunghyun was surprised at how much stronger she was than he thought she would be. 
"How is it my fault?! You were the one touching my legs and holding me and stuff." Dara screamed back in her defense as she continued to hit him and straddle his waist.
"I'm your boyfriend! I always do that! That doesn't mean i want to have with you ALL the time!" Dara stopped at his last sentence and got embarassed at what he just implied. He did want to sleep with her. Seunghyun took this moment to his advantage and finally pulled Dara off of him and flipped her so he was now hovering on top of her. At that moment, there was no one else in the world besides them. Their eyes itself showed how much love they felt for each other. Seunghyun leaned down to touch her lips with his. It started off slow but soon the kissing became urgent. Her arms around his neck bringing his weight down on her. His hand in her hair while the other arm was holding himself up to keep him from completely crushing her. She pulled away for air while his lips moved lower down to her jawline then to and neck. As he got lower his hand that was once in her hair was now under her shirt. His hand on her bare skin made it feel as if she was being electrecuted but in a good way. All these feelings rushed over her and as his hands made his way higher on her stomach and chest, and his lips back to attacking her lips, she realized what was happening. She didn't want to but she pushed him away fast which left him a little startled. His eyes showed confusion and her's showed confliction. 
"I'm sorry" Her voice was rough from the lack of oxygen but still continued on to say "I'm not ready to you know... Go further." Seunghyn looked at her and smiled.
"No need to be sorry." He gave her a final peck on the lips and rolled off of her to lay on his back next to her. They both lied there on their white fluffy rug with their arms touching, in silence, except for their heavy breathing. 
"That, however, was mindblowing." The grin would not leave his face. Dara turned her head which also had a smile on and asked "really?" to which he nodded in reply. He held her hand while she intertwined their fingers. After a few seconds Dara randomly got up and ran to her room. 
"Yah where are you going?"
"Order the pizza i'll be right back!" 
Seunghyun got out his phone and ordered two pizzas, a hot lava cake and a coke while Dara still hadn't come out of her room.
"Yah what are you doing in there?!"
"I'm done wait!" And one minute later Dara stepped out in her PJs and a bag in her hand.
"What is that?"
"Your presents." She sat down next to him on the floor and set the bag in front of her. 
"You're gonna think i'm like the most awesome person after you see what i got you." She was so confident and it made Seunghyun even more curious to what she got him.
"Okay first up is this!" She said as she handed him a brown book. It was somewhat thick and looked very vintage. When he opened it up he saw his old pictures of him during college when he used to act. There were little notes on the side of each and at the end were little notes written by his old class mates and friends. He looked up at her in amazement and all she did was smile and say "Flip the page." And he did. At the end was a long note from his idol, his acting professor from school. Seunghyun respected the man so much that he treated him like his second father. Seunghyun had always wanted to go meet him but he was always busy with work and never got the time. 
"This is incredible! How did you do this?"
"I was talking to Hye Yoon unnie a few weeks ago and i asked if she had any old pictures of you and she gave me all these. Then i got the idea of the notes from old friends and your teacher so she helped me with that as well, so most of the credit goes to her anyway, but did you like it?"
"Of course! This is amazing." It was probably one of the best things he would own now.
"Okay now heres a gift that only i had a hand in" she said as she handed him a small black velvet box with the letters CH written on them in complex script. He opened the box to find a thick silver band ring in it. At first glance it looked simple but if you looked closely it had some tribal decorations on it that made the ring look so interesting. 
"Look at what's written inside." He flipped the ring to see the inside and found the words 'Till Infinity' engraved in english. 
"Do you like it? I designed it myself."
"What?!"
"Yeah. I asked my boss if i could and he agreed so yep this is a limited edition ring just for you... Well with a small exception."
"What do you mean?"  Dara slowly took a another black velvet box out of the box and opened it to reveal the same ring but in a smaller size. Seunghyun chuckled at her and took the ring out of the box and put it on Dara. It was a small gesture and he seemed oblivious to it but it meant so much to Dara so, she took his ring and put it on him. 
"It fits!" 
"This is crazy. How can you design so well?"
"Shut up. It's not that good."
"I'm serious! This is amazing" and it was. The little designs were so original and unique. 
"I liked the design so i made myself one too... But now we have couple rings!" Seunghyun laughed at how cute she sounded. He pulled her over to him and they sat there together looking at their new rings.
"It's pretty heavy for a ring though."
"Oh that's because it's platinum." Dara said the last word as if she said 'plastic' instead. 
"What?! You spent that much money for me?"
"Calm down. It wasn't THAT much, plus i have some money saved up just sitting in my account so i thought this was a good use."
"Define some."
"... A lot."
"...How much?"
"...a couple billion wons."
"Holy crap. How popular were you in the Philippines?"
"Shut up."
"I'm serious." 
"Where's the pizzaaaaaaa? I'm hungry!" Dara changed the topic and surprisingly the door bell rang right on cue. 
Dara got up fast to beat Seunghyun to the door and said "my treat!" Seunghyun laughed and agreed. As she came back with the pizza in her hands he couldn't help but think that this was the probably the best birthday ever, it was his first with Dara. As she sat back down next to him she found him staring at her and asked "what?" in confusion. Seunghyun said nothing but lean forward to kiss her on the cheek and then begin eating. She was confused but didn't question him as the smell of the pizza hit her nose. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
****SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE 3 its because school started and i barely have time so i probably will update once a week now if i do at all and im really sorry. School man :( But anyway i hope you enjoy this chapter! I liked it! Comment on your thoughts and if you haven't subscribe if you would like to. Btw its 3 AM here  and i'm really sleepy.