Im gonna kill her

Pinky Promise

While Seunghyun went to the other room to deal with the reporter who attacked him with questions right after he answered the call, Dara picked up her phone with shaky hands. She knew how angry and confused her brother would be and she had always dreaded this day, the day she had to reveal everything.

“H-hello Sanghyun?”

“What’s going on Noona, who the hell is playing a joke on you?”

“…”

“Why aren’t you saying anything?”

“Sanghyun… I need to tell you something…”

“What is it?”

“The emails you got…they’re not a joke. They’re real.”

“What do you mean they’re real?”

“I took those pictures when we were in the Philippines.”

“Why? You would never do these types of photoshoots Noona stop lying.”

“I’m not lying, I did it after Appa left us and we had no money. I needed to pay the rent for our house and your tuition fees and he took all our money. I’m sorry…” Dara’s voice broke over the last two words. She was finally opening up about her shameless past to her family. She knew how much Sanghyun looked up to her for being strong during those hard times but now he would be disgusted over her actions and what she did to get money. Dara feared the day her brother and the rest of the family would lose respect for her. She began to sob even harder when Sanghyun didn’t reply. The other line was silent and so was the house. Seunghyun had finally ended the call with the reporter and walked into the living room to see Dara sitting on the couch, phone in hand, and head down as she cried. He sat down next to her and took her free hand into his. She looked up at him and he gave her hand a squeeze reassuring her that everything would be okay. Dara continued to cry and apologize when Sanghyun finally spoke.

“I’m coming over. I’ll see you in 15 minutes.” Sanghyun spoke with a cold and distant voice and didn’t wait for Dara’s response as he hung up. She put down the phone, her hands still shaking.

“What did he say?” Seunghyun now put his arm around her shoulders bringing her in closer. Dara leaned her head on his chest as she hiccupped from the crying. 

“Nothing. He said nothing, but he is coming over to talk to me. Everything is over Seunghyun, everyone knows the truth now and it’ll be hell all over again. This is exactly why I came to Korea, to make sure no one found out and I could finally be free from the hell I was going through. You know I actually thought it would all be okay and it was okay. I was so happy with my life, with you but now it’s all gone. Why is this happening to me? I didn’t hurt anyone. I didn’t do any of that because I wanted to. I was doing it to help my family. So why the hell is God punishing me?” Dara was so frustrated she began to cry again.

“Shh. Nothing is over Dara, I’m telling you everything will be fine. We’re all here beside you, your family will understand. I promise.”

“No they won’t. No one will understand. Only you did, but you’re going away too. I’ll just be left alone again.” Dara pushed away from Seunghyun now and walked away from the couch, her voice was louder from all the frustration.

“What are you talking about? I’m not going anywhere.” Seunghyun stood up in confusion.

“God! Can’t you see? Do you really think we’re going to be able to be together after this? You’re the freaking Director of Choi Industries, your parents aren’t going to want to you be with a woman who looks like a on the cover of a magazine for men. When they find out the things I did in the past, they’re going to hate me and be too ashamed to even acknowledge me as someone you love. They’re going to break us apart.” Dara began to scream at Seunghyun as she realized her fate. She covered her face looking away from Seunghyun whose face showed all the hurt he felt.

Seunghyun walked over to Dara and pulled her into his embrace. Her hands still covered her face but she eased into his hug as if it was a reflex. His arms made her feel warm and safe and as if everything would actually be okay. “Believe me Dara, no one will ever take me away from you. My parents have no say in whom I love and who I want to spend the rest of my life with, but I’m sure they will understand you and trust my decision to stay with you. You trust me don’t you?” And she nodded, still in his embrace, because she did. Dara trusted Seunghyun more than herself.

A moment later the doorbell rang and Hye Yoon, who had been in the other room the whole time dealing with other reporters and their own company officials, came out to answer it. Sanghyun entered the room to see the couple still in embrace. When Dara noticed her brother watching them she pulled away to walk closer to him. She felt more confident now with Seunghyun’s words in mind but was still undeniably nervous.

“Sanghyun, sit I want to tell you everything.” Without a word, he sat down on the couch and stayed quiet as Dara let everything out. She told him about their father, how she had to get numerous loans to pay off their tuition and rent, then finally about Joseph. He was beyond angry when she told him about what Joseph did to her, but was even angrier at himself for never realizing how unhappy she was in the Philippines. He knew she was stressed but never in his wildest dreams would he have ever thought she could’ve possibly went through this.

“I’m sorry Noona.” Sanghyun sounded small and his voice was quivering. Dara finished telling him everything and was waiting for his response, but was surprised when she heard him apologized.

“Why are you sorry?” Her question wasn’t met with an answer but instead she was met with Sanghyun holding onto her as he cried. He hadn’t hugged her like this in years and she cried with him but tears of happiness that he didn’t think ill of her. “I’m so sorry Noona, I never knew you went through all this and just to make sure we were happy. I’m so sorry. You are such an amazing person and I can’t believe you had to deal with what you did.” Sanghyun continued to cry into her arms and she happily consoled him.

After hours of crying and consoling and reassuring and explaining her side to her mother who had also called Dara, everything felt better. But they all knew that even though everything was okay inside, it would get worse outside. They all sat in the living room deciding on what to do next when Hye Yoon brought up a point.

“Do any of you know who could’ve done this? Anyone that doesn’t like you? Maybe back in the Philippines?”

“Well I did have anti fans but how would they know all your emails? None of them know I’m in Korea.”

“What was the email address again? That sent you the email?” Seunghyun felt as if the email itself was suspicious.

[email protected] why?

“11-08-87?” Seunghyun repeated the numbers in anger, it all made sense now.

“Yeah why?” The other three people in the room were confused.

“Those are the numbers to my birthday, and the email begins with YEH right? Those are Eun Hye’s initals.”

“Oh my god. She’s doing this to me. It makes sense now.” It all made sense to Dara now.

“I’m gonna kill her.” Hye Yoon was beyond pissed.

“Wait whos Eunhye?” Sanghyun sat as the only one who was confused.

“Eunhye is Seunghyun’s crazy ex who can’t move on from him and has decided to make my life a living hell.” Dara’s hatred for Eunhye grew stronger as the days passed by.

“How do we make her stop?” Sanghyun was also beginning to hate the girl he never met.

Just as Seunghyun was about to answer his question, his phone rang once again, and this time it wasn’t a reporter.