2

Sharing a Room

Nana's P.O.V

A few days later I was sat talking with my friends, Kaeun and Uee.

"So you have to share a room with the new girl? It must be hard.." Kaeun mumbled.

"Yeah.. She thinks she's really smart too. She's defiant too." I said.

"Defiant? How?" Uee asked.

"I told her she had to sit in the wardrobe when I was showering so when I came out she wouldn't look at me. She wouldn't go in the wardrobe, then when I came out she looked." I said.

"Do you think she's.." Kaeun stopped.

"..What? A lesbian? Maybe." I said, shrugging. "Where is she anyway?"

Uee stood up and looked around. "She's with Raina."

"What are they doing?" I asked.

"Uhm.. I can't see very well.." Uee mumbled.

"Oh my god, you're not a midget." I groaned, then I stood up on my seat.

The entire room went silent, then I saw my parents, Jung-Ah and Kahi walk in and I quickly stepped down from the chair. Nobody in the room spoke still.

"..Why is it so quiet?" Kahi asked.

"..Damn it.. Someone's gonna te-"

"Nana stood up on her chair." Said a voice.

I decided to play the innocent role. I stood up. "No I didn't!"

"Yeah you did I saw you!" The voice belonged to the feminine looking boy called Ren.

"And that's your only proof? I didn't stand on my chair." I said, glaring at him.

"That's quite enough now. Nana, don't stand on chairs." Kahi said.

I sat back down. "Stupid idiots.." I grumbled.

"What did you just say?" Kahi came over and glared at me.

"Nothing." I said, staring up at her. I looked behind her to see Jung-Ah stood around awkwardly. Then she looked at me and shrugged.

"You obviously did. When you're done eating, I expect you to be outside my office." Kahi said, then she walked off with Jung-Ah.

Everyone in the room started talking again.

"Are you gonna go Nana?" Kaeun asked.

"No. I don't think standing on a chair is a crime." I said. "And if they want me they know where my room is." I stood up. "I'll talk to you both later."

I went to the dorms and went to my room and flopped onto my bed. A few minutes later Lizzy walked in.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Appa told me-"

"Appa? What do you mean?" Lizzy blinked.

"..I didn't mean to say that." I mumbled.

"The headteacher isn't your appa is she? Is she a girl?" Lizzy asked. I saw her smirking.

"Yah it's not funny! Shut up!" I groaned, glaring at her.

"I won't tell anyone, don't worry." She said. "Carry on."

"I stood on my chair because I wanted to see if they had any brownies left-"

"Nana. Don't lie." She looked at me seriously. "The brownies were on the other side of the room. Be honest, what were you really looking for?"

"..Uee said you were with Raina and I wanted to see what you were doing.." I said, staring at the wall. "Then I called the headteacher and Ren idiots."

"You know, I noticed that the headteacher is always with the other teacher.. Her name is Miss Kim right? They're always together.. Do you think something is going on between them?" Lizzy said, sitting next to me.

"..I don't think. I know." I mumbled. "What I'm about to tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone. Swear on your life."

"I, Park Sooyoung, swear on my life I won't tell anyone what you're about to tell me." Lizzy said.

"They are together. They're married.. And I'm their adopted daughter.." I said.

Lizzy looked at me, surprised. "Wow. I didn't expect that."

"Tell anyone and you're dead." I said, staring at her.

"I won't. I promise. And since we're telling secrets, I really should tell you something important about me." Lizzy said. "But you also need to promise you won't tell anyone."

"I promise. And if you're worried because I'm really popular, I'm good at keeping secrets." I said.

Lizzy nodded, then she looked at me nervously. "This is the first time I've ever told one of my friends.. Uhhm.. I'm.. Not straight."

"You're a lesbian?" I asked.

"..Yep." Lizzy said quietly.

There was a small silence. "..I'm fine with that." I said.

"I was so worried that you'd kick me out unnie.." Lizzy mumbled.

"I might seem like a cold person but I'm not." I said, patting her head. "You should go to class."

"Aren't you coming too unnie?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Stomach cramps."

"Get well soon unnie." She said, then she picked up her bag and left.

I stared up at the ceiling, taking in what Lizzy had told me, then I thought back to the conversation me, Uee and Kaeun had. That made me think. Maybe Lizzy liked me.