10

Sharing a Room

Lizzy's P.O.V

Summer came quite quick, the school was empty apart from volunteers and council members. We had been choosing new rooms that day.

"Raina unnie, you should get the room next to ours." I said. "Nana unnie doesn't like to share rooms, or else I would have asked if you wanted to share."

"Yah, I had a room of my own for my entire life until you came along! You should feel lucky that I was willing to share!" Nana yelled from in her room.

"You were forced to share, and you're only letting me stay because you love me." I said, walking into the room.

"LIZZY! I JUST REMEMBERED YOU HAVE A MEETING WITH THE COUNCIL!" Raina yelled loudly.

"Oh yeah! See you later unnie~" I kissed Nana then ran to the meeting room.

 

Nana's P.O.V

Raina entered and sat down on a chair in the corner.

"Did you hear that there's a new teacher who's going to be patrolling our dorms?" She asked.

I shook my head. "How do you know these things?"

"The headteacher told me. Her name is Dambi. Son Dambi. She's close friends with the-"

"..Dambi unnie! I know her!" I said. "She's nice."

"How do you know her? Have you met her before?" She asked.

"When I was younger she would look after me when my parents were busy. She used to come over and see us a lot." I said. "I haven't seen her ever since I came to this school. I stay every summer because my parents make me."

"Who are your parents? I've never seen them before, not even at parent's night." She said.

"I.. Uhhm.. I'm adopted." I mumbled. "And it's a secret."

"I won't tell anyone, you can trust me." She said, looking at me seriously.

"Well.. It's a really big secret, only Lizzy and a couple of other people know.. The headteacher and the deputy headteacher are my parents.." I said quietly.

"Really? I always thought you were quite close to them. Your secret is safe with me Nana. My umma does a lot of public speaking, my appa is a successful businessman. I want to be like them, that's why I've been in the council ever since I started going to school." Raina said. "..I quite like this chair. I don't have one in my room."

"Take it. I'll help you carry it." I said.

"Thanks." She said.

We both stood up and carried the chair into Raina's room. Raina decided where we should put the chair, so we put it in the corner. Then Raina looked at me and pulled me closer.

"Unnie.. We can't do this.." I mumbled as she leant in closer. I tried to push her back but she was too strong.

"Lizzy won't know.. Just once Nana.. Please.." She whispered.

I didn't respond. Instead I gave up. I closed my eyes tightly and kept my hands at my side. I felt Raina's lips on mine. Many minutes passed and Raina had put me in the chair and was sat on top of me. I heard someone walking down the corridor.

"Get off.. Someone's coming.."

Raina jumped off and pretended she was looking for a book. The door opened and Lizzy came in.

"Unnie~" Lizzy squealed, sitting on my lap. "I'm the treasurer now."

"Really? That's great." I said, playing with her hair.

"Do you know what your job is in the council?" She asked.

I shook my head. Raina spoke up.

"Nana's probably going to be my Secretary since I'm the head girl now." Raina said. "And you won't see each other a lot because she'll be following me around."

"What about when school finishes for the day?" Lizzy asked.

"You'll both get back fairly late." She said.

"But I want to spend time with Nana unnie.." Lizzy whimpered, hugging me tightly.

"Go spend time together then. Your council duties are over for today." Raina said.

I picked Lizzy up and carried her back to our room and left Raina to study.

We sat on the bed together but Lizzy kept clinging to me.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"I want to cuddle with you unnie.." She mumbled.

So we spent the rest of the day cuddling.

 

A new school year.

Lizzy's P.O.V

For the past week I had been trying to learn my speech. After I did it, Nana told me it went fine but I was convinced I made a mistake. Nana and Raina did their speeches together, there was a lot of mumbles as they stepped out together, then even more as Nana did her speech.

"..Is that Nana?" A voice next to me whispered.

I nodded. I looked to see who it was and it was a woman who I'd never seen before.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"The new teacher. Call me Dambi." She said.

Nana's speech was over and she came back. It seems she forgot about the microphone attached to her because she squealed loudly.

"DAMBI UNNIE!"

"...And it seems someone has forgotten to turn Nana's mic off." Said the headteacher as laughter filled the hall.

"We can talk later Nana, go give your mic back. I have to go." Dambi said, patting Nana's head.

The headteacher announced we had a new teacher, then Dambi went out.

"She will be working with the prefects, and is in charge of the prefect zone after we heard some complaints the year earlier." The deputy headteacher was saying. "Please welcome her and treat her well."

After the welcoming ceremony was done we went back to our room.

"I can't believe they're making us wear badges with our names on. It's not like people are going to care what my name is.." Nana mumbled.

"Secretary Nana sounds better than Treasurer Lizzy though. Kahi asked me if I wanted it to be Lizzy or Sooyoung on the badge, of course I chose Lizzy." I said.

There was a knock at the door, then Dambi came in. Nana squealed again and ran over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Dambi unnie, I missed you so much!" She squealed.

"I missed you too, you've grown a lot since we last spoke. How old are you now?" Dambi asked her.

"I'm sixteen now. I was ten when I last saw you." Nana said.

They talked for quite a while, then Nana seemed to remember my existance.

"This is Lizzy!" She said, pointing to me.

"Nice to meet you Lizzy." Dambi said, smiling.

"Nice to meet you too." I said, bowing slightly whilst sat down.

Then there was another knock at the door and the headteacher and deputy headteacher came in and the headteacher was talking for a while. Eventually Jung-Ah sat next to me.

"They talk for ages.." She mumbled.

"Nana and Dambi were talking for fifteen minutes before you came." I said.

Eventually all the talking stopped and we were alone again. Nana came and sat next to me.

"Yah.. Did you forget I was here?" I asked.

"Don't be mad, I haven't seen Dambi unnie in ages." Nana said, looking at me sadly.

"It's fine." I said. "But we should sleep soon, we have to wake up early for council."

Eventually after talking to Raina for a while in her room we came back and went to bed.