8

Sharing a Room

Lizzy's P.O.V

It was around 3am now, and the boys were back.

"Right, seriously, if you don't leave we'll go and stand in your room." Nana said.

"We only came to see hot girls." The one called Kai said.

"And I'm pretty sure that the hot girls don't want to see you.." I mumbled.

"Oh, the quiet one is talking! Everyone be quiet!" Kris yelled.

"I'm not the quiet one. I'm just good at controlling myself." I said, glaring at Kris.

"Now fu-" Nana started.

"CAN'T YOU SEE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP IN THESE DORMS?!" A loud yell echoed across the corridor. The yell came from Raina.

"...Lizzy, we're going to stand in the boy's room." Nana mumbled to me, then she yelled. "TO THE BOY'S DORMS!"

The entire crowd followed us and then Nana went into Kris' room where a bunch of boys were sat on the beds.

"What are you doing in here? You're girls!" Tao yelled.

"Tell your friends to get out of our room and we'll leave here." I said.

Then Raina ran in and glared at us both. "You have to go back to your room!"

"There are still boys in there though.." Nana said.

"They went to get the headteacher!" Raina pulled us out of the room quickly and we ran back to our room which was now empty. "Pretend you were asleep." Then she left.

We pulled off our clothes quickly and climbed into the bed and pretended to be asleep. Ten minutes passed, then the door opened.

"They are both sleeping in here, how could they have been in your room Kris." I heard Kahi mumble. "Stop making up excuses, for that you have double detention.. Now go back to your room."

It seems that the headteacher forgot to close the door because we both heard her and Miss Jung-Ah's entire conversation.

"We'll tell Nana tomorrow about what you decided with Raina." Said Miss Jung-Ah.

"Do you think Raina will have asked Lizzy yet?" Asked Miss Kahi.

There was a short silence, then Miss Jung-Ah spoke again. "Raina probably went to bed as soon as she gave you those papers. And we should probably go back to bed now, we have to be up again soon in a few hours.."

The voices faded away and I heard Nana moving around.

"What do they want with Raina and us?" Nana asked.

I shrugged. "I hope it's nothing bad."

"It won't be. Raina never gets in trouble, and if it's to do with Raina it's usually something good.." She mumbled.

 

Nana's P.O.V

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 11am. Lizzy was asleep next to me.

"Lizzy get up, we're late!" I yelled, jumping out of bed.

Lizzy sat up slowly, then also looked at the time and gasped. "I forgot to turn the alarm back on!"

We both got dressed quickly then rushed to class, but before we got there we saw Kahi strolling through the corridors. I hid behind a locker, but she saw Lizzy.

"Lizzy, why aren't you in class?" Kahi asked, sounding suspicious.

Surprisingly, Lizzy made something up straight away. "I was in the library studying for a test."

"Ah. Do you know where Nana is?" She asked.

"No. She was already gone when I woke up. I think she was studying too." Lizzy said.

"Can you go and find her for me? I need to talk to her. Tell her to meet me in my office." Kahi said.

"Of course Miss Kahi. I will go and find her now." Lizzy said, then she waited for Kahi to turn around before walking back over to me. "You heard what she said."

"I don't wanna go." I groaned.

"It's probably what she wa-" Lizzy started, then out of nowhere Raina appeared.

"Nana! The headteacher wants you. I'm going to her office now, I'll take you." She said.

"Oh.. Okay.. Uhh.. Bye Lizzy.." I said awkwardly.

"Lizzy, I want to talk to you later." Raina said, then she took me away.

"Do you know why she wants me?" I asked Raina.

She shrugged. "Something to do with the council."

"Raina, get off me. I'm not joining the council." I stopped and Raina almost fell..

"But.. The council is fun.. And Lizzy's going to be there." Raina said, looking at me innocently.

"I don't care, I'm not g-"

Raina pushed me against the wall and glared at me. "You will come to council.." She growled. "Or else.."

"..Or else what? You don't scare me, I don't see who would be scared of a little girl who's face resembles a hamster's." I said, smirking.

"My face does not resemble a hamster's! Take that back!" She yelled.

I noticed our faces were quite close together and I saw the hurt in her eyes and I felt guilty. Probably because she was cute.

"Fine.. I take it back.. I'm sorry." I mumbled.

Raina gazed into my eyes, then leaned in closer. I realised what she was going to do and pushed her back.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"..I'm taken." I said, then I walked to the office with Raina following from behind.

I entered the office and sat in the chair.

"..Hello Nana. Hello Raina." Kahi said.

"..Hello." Raina said quietly. I stayed silent.

"The reason you're both here is because me and the deputy headteacher have decided something. Raina has already agreed to this, but she needs to be here so you can start your work straight away Nana. You're going to be Raina's assistant for the summer, then next year you'll be in the council." Kahi said.

"..Firstly, Kahi," I started, glaring at her. "I'm not joining the council, I've got better things to do with my summer. And also, this weirdo tried to me on the way here."

"No I didn't!" Raina yelled.

"Wait what?" Jung-Ah randomly appeared from in the corner. "Nana, you're being stupid. Raina wouldn't do that."

"She pushed me against the wall and threatened me! And she tried to kiss me!" I yelled.

"You are going to be Raina's assistant Nana, whether you like it or not." Said Kahi who seemed to be calm. "So you'll both start with your work, which involves bringing Lizzy Park here."

I groaned and stood up and left. It took Raina a while to catch up with me.

"I'm sorry Nana." She said.

"It's fine, just don't do it again." I said. "And don't tell anyone I'm your assistant."

Raina nodded. "Don't worry, I won't. Nana, you said you were taken before? Who's your boyfriend?"

"Not a boyfriend. A girlfriend. Lizzy." I said.

"..Lizzy? She seems like the straight type though.." She said.

I shrugged. "She told me she was a lesbian."

We reached the class Lizzy was in and Raina knocked on the door, the teacher signalled for her to enter.

"Can we please take Lizzy Park, the headteacher would like to see her." Raina said.

The teacher nodded and Lizzy came out of the class and we began to walk back to the headteacher's office.

"Why does she want me?" She asked.

"Probably to make you join the council." I said.

"The council? That sounds interesting." She said.

"See! The council is interesting! It's just you Nana!" Raina squealed.

"It's not just me, I'm pretty sure if you asked Uee or Jooyeon they'd say the same thing as me." I said.

"Yeah well you're forced into it now so you can't leave." She mumbled, then we started walking again.

We were quiet for a minute or so, then Lizzy spoke.

"Nana unnie, you should be a model." She said.

"A model? Why?" I asked, giggling.

"Because you're so pretty.. And.. Model looking." Lizzy said, holding my hand.

"As much as I would like to, I couldn't follow the strict dieting.. I like brownies too much." I said.

We reached the office and Kahi left with Lizzy. We stood in the office waiting for Jung-Ah to give us something to do.

"Uhh.. I don't know when she's coming back, so just sit down in here for a while." She said.

So we took a seat and waited.