18

Sharing a Room

Nana's P.O.V

"Come on.. Pick up.." I mumbled.

Just as I thought that it'd go straight to voicemail, Kris answered.

"Nana.. What is it.. Why so early.." Kris mumbled, I could tell he'd probably just woken up.

"It's not that early. I need your help." I said, then I explained the situation to him.

"Oh.. So you want me to pretend to be your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Basically yeah. Do you know if you can get Taeyang today too? Explain to him what I told you. He has to pretend to be Lizzy's boyfriend." I said.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." He said. "See you later Nana."

"Thanks Kris, bye." Then I hung up.

Lizzy came in sobbing with something in her hand.

"Unnie.. Oh god.. Nana.. They know.. Everyone knows.." She sobbed.

"What is it?" I asked, hugging her tightly.

She showed me what was on the piece of paper. "The.. Us.. Kissing.."

I sighed. "Did you tell Kahi?"

She nodded. "She went and took all the pictures down and burned them.. Unnie.. We have to find out who did this.."

"We will.." I mumbled.

There was an announcement from the speakers.

"The school is going into lockdown mode. There has been something outrageous done, and we will not open the school properly until the culprit is discovered. Everyone come to the main hall, including all teachers."

"We had lockdown before the riots.. It's not good.." Lizzy said.

We made our way to the main hall and joined the teacher's section. When everybody was inside Kahi and Jung-Ah went up onto the stage.

"The reason we are in lockdown mode is because of a picture involving staff. I don't know which one of you did it but we will not be leaving this hall until the culprit is found." Kahi started, then she started ranting about something but I kind of zoned out.

"It would be best for the culprits to own up now, or else we will be here an awfully long time." Jung-Ah said.

Nobody moved or spoke. I knew we would be here a while.

 

Two hours later...

 

Nothing had happened. So all the teachers were told to walk around glaring at the students to see if anyone would speak up. Whilst I was walking around the first years I saw the mini Dambi girl. She was looking very nervous. I stopped and focused on her... Then I realised. There was no mini Dambi. It was genuinely Dambi.

"You." I said. "You did it."

Everyone turned around and looked. Dambi looked at me but didn't speak.

"Miss Im, which student are you referring to?" Kahi asked.

"This one." I said, pointing to Dambi.

"Stand up." Kahi said to Dambi. She did as she was told. "What is your name?"

"..Dambi. Son Dambi." Dambi mumbled.

I saw the shocked expression on Kahi's face, then she was overwhelmed with sadness.

"..Get out. Go to my office.." Kahi growled.

Jung-Ah quickly escorted all the students out. Then it was just the teachers.

"Lizzy, make sure she doesn't try to run." Jung-Ah said. "Go with her Nana."

We went to Kahi's office where Dambi was sat. We stood in silence, then Kahi entered.

"Lizzy, Nana, you can both leave. Thank you." She said.

We left, then as we were walking past the enterance hall I saw Kris get out of his car.

"Kris is here. But he's alone. Taeyang must be busy today." I said. "Go talk with the others, I'll be back later. This is all part of our plan so don't get jealous."

Lizzy didn't speak, she just left. I sighed then went to greet Kris.

"Annyeong Kris. I'm sorry about this, but we really need your help." I said.

"It's fine, it's been a while since I came here so it'll be nice to see how it's changed." He said. "So what do you want me to do?"

"Basically just act all romantic with me. We just got out of lockdown mode because of the picture thing." I said.

"So I'm your pretend-boyfriend?" He asked.

I nodded. We walked into the school together with me clinging to him.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

I went outside to the garden area when I saw Kaeun and E-Young.

"Hey Lizzy, what's up?" E-Young asked.

"Nothing. I just came out for some fresh air." I said, trying my best not to sound sad.

"Oh, alright." E-Young said, then they kept walking.

I watched the clouds for a while, then went back inside. I saw Nana and Kris walking together and I went in the other direction to our room. I sat at the desk and started to study for a lesson I had to teach in a few days. Nana came in a while later.

"Why are you still awake? It's really late Lizzy." She said.

"I was studying.." I mumbled.

She sighed. "Don't be mad, please."

"Mad? Why would I be mad?" I asked, looking up at her.

"I can tell you don't like the plan." She said, then she went to bed and we didn't talk again.