11

Sharing a Room

Nana's P.O.V

Council meetings were the most boring things ever.

"Today we're going to discuss dorm rules." Raina said. "As there have been suggestions that the headteacher wants us to consider. Secretary Nana, please get the paper with the rules."

I stood up and went to the files and found the dorm rules paper, then I gave it to Raina and sat back down. Lizzy's hand slid along my thigh, I shivered slightly and looked at her. Raina started reading through the rules, when she was done she looked at us all.

"The rule of the opposite gender not being allowed in the other's dorm may be changed slightly. There will be a certain time that the opposite gender must be out of the other's dorms. What do you think?" Raina asked.

The discussions started and Lizzy leant in closer to me. "You look bored."

"Do you think I want to spend my free time in a council meeting?" I mumbled.

"I can get you out." She said, then she went over to Raina and whispered something. Raina nodded and Lizzy came back. "I told her you feel ill. We can leave. Just make it look convincing that you're ill."

I stood up, Raina made everyone quiet.  "Treasurer Lizzy needs to assist Secretary Nana with something, therefore Luna will take Nana's place for the rest of the meeting."

Me and Lizzy left and we went back to our room.

"I'm sleepy.." I mumbled, pulling off my clothes.

"I'll wake you up when it's time to eat." She said.

I flopped onto the bed and fell asleep.

 

I woke up a few hours later to a voice singing.

"Wake up wake up wake up wake wake up~"

"Five more minutes.." I mumbled, rolling over.

"Yah, Im Jinah, get up now." Said Dambi.

"No.. Dambi unnie.." I groaned.

The covers were pulled off me. "If you don't get up now I'll dress you myself and carry you to dinner."

"Don't care.." I rolled over.

"You're so stubborn.." She mumbled.

I fell asleep again. A few minutes later I woke up again leaning against Jung-Ah in the middle of the dining hall which was now empty.

"Oh look, she's finally awake." I heard Kahi say.

"You missed dinner. I saved some for you though." Said Jung-Ah.

"Mhmm.. Thanks.." I mumbled, then I started eating.

When I was done eating I looked over at Kahi and Dambi who were deep in discussion and sat closely. Jung-Ah looked sad.

"Umma, let's go for a walk." I said.

We walked in silence for a while then we stopped and sat down under a tree.

"So what do you want Nana?" She asked.

"You seem sad. Is it because appa and Dambi?" I asked, looking over at her.

"It's.. A long story.. Basically we had an argument because Kahi was spending way too much time with Dambi and when I said that they should include me, Kahi said that she was happier with just Dambi.. I don't think she likes me anymore.." Jung-Ah explained.

"Oh umma.. That's terrible.. But of course she likes you. You need to show her that you're better than Dambi unnie." I said.

"How am I better than her though?" She sighed.

"Appa must have married you for a reason. Show her that reason." I said. "Now come on, let's go back."

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

I was sat in my room. Raina had arrived a while ago and told me the new rule that the boys were allowed in our dorms until a set time and we were allowed in theirs for a set time.

"To be honest I'm not all for it, but people think it's fair." Raina said. "By the way, where's Nana?"

"She went to get some food, she's feeling a bit better." I said.

The door opened and Nana came in with Jung-Ah who was almost crying.

"Uhhm.. Lizzy.. I'll talk to you later." Said Raina, then she left quickly and shut the door behind her.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later." Said Nana. "But she's staying with us for a while."

"Just tell her Nana.." Jung-Ah mumbled.

"Dambi and Kahi were kissing and Kahi wants to leave Jung-Ah." Nana said.

The door opened and Kahi came in.

"Yah, don't run away from me like that!"

"Go away Kahi, I don't want to talk right now.." Jung-Ah said, glaring at her.

"I'm sorry.. Please Jung-Ah, listen to me.." Kahi pleaded.

"We're done. I can't trust you anymore.." Jung-Ah said.

I heard a small sob and saw Nana was crying.

"Nana.. Don't cry.." Kahi tried to hug her but Jung-Ah stopped her.

"Don't touch her." She growled.

"But she's my daughter too.." Kahi started.

"Not anymore. Nana, we're leaving, pack your stuff." Jung-Ah said.

"I can't leave.." Nana sobbed, then she looked over at me.

"You have an hour.." Jung-Ah said, then she dragged Kahi outside and I heard them arguing.

"Lizzy.. I don't want to leave.." She said, clinging tightly to me.

"If your umma says you have to, then you have to.." I said. "I'll pack your stuff, you go say goodbye to your friends.."

Nana left and I spent a while packing her stuff, that was when I realised I probably would never see her again. Then I started to cry. Nana came back in, she was crying too.

"Don't cry.." She said, wrapping her arms around me.

"You don't understand unnie.. We'll never see each other again after this.." I sobbed.

"I'll make sure we meet again Lizzy.. Promise you won't forget me?" She said, looking at me with teary eyes.

"I p-promise.." I said.

Jung-Ah came in. "Come on Nana, we're leaving."

I watched as they left, then I lay on the bed alone crying.