7

Sharing a Room

this one is a junghi chapter.

 

Jung-Ah's P.O.V

Kahi entered the room, I looked up from my work.

"I was thinking about next year... We need to teach Nana not to be so careless.. Like.. She needs to have a duty." She said, sitting down in the seat in front of me.

"Give her a job then?" I suggested.

"I think she'd do well in the school council." She said.

I frowned. "But she's so.. Un-organized."

"We can fix that. She can stay here for summer break with the volunteers. We can give her different tasks to do so she'll learn to be more organized, then we'll put her on school council. Obviously a high ranking place, so then she'll always be organized." Kahi explained.

"..How long have you been thinking of that?" I asked.

She shrugged. "We should see if Lizzy wants to volunteer. One of them needs to ask.. Get Raina to ask."

"Isn't Raina going to be really busy though? Everyone knows she's going to be the head girl next year." I said.

"..Even better. Then Nana will be busy too." Kahi said. I noticed she'd got up and started pacing around the room.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Kahi went over and opened it. It was Raina.

"Headteacher, I have the papers you require. I filled them in too like you said." She said, holding up some papers.

"Thank you Raina. Come in please, we have some things to discuss." Kahi said.

Raina entered the room. "Hello, deputy headteacher."

"Hello Raina." I said.

"Anyway, we won't keep you here long but we are planning to put Nana into the school council next year. We want her to be your assistant for the summer. And also, I want you to see if Lizzy Park will join the council too." Kahi said.

Raina nodded slowly. "Okay headteacher. Have you spoken to Nana about your decision?"

"Not yet. But she can't really refuse." Kahi said. "You can leave now Raina, thank you for your time."

Raina smiled, then left.

"..You look really tired.." I said, looking over at Kahi.

"I'm fine-"

"No you're not." I said, walking over to her.

I leant in closer and kissed her softly. Then there was another knock at the door.

"Don't knock, just go in." I heard Nana's voice from outside.

"But it's polite to knock." Lizzy mumbled.

I went and opened the door.

"Umma. Kris and Myungsoo won't leave our room." Nana said.

"How long have they been in there?" I asked.

"An hour." Nana said. "Now come help me. Appa are you coming too?"

There was no response. Kahi was asleep.

"Go back to your room, I'll be there in a minute." I said to Nana and Lizzy.

They both left and I carried Kahi to our room and put her down on the bed, then I left quickly and went to Nana and Lizzy's room. There was a big crowd outside their room.

"SHE'S HERE!"

"EVERYBODY MOVE!"

A pathway was created and I walked into the room where Myungsoo and Kris were sat bothering Nana and Lizzy.

"See, I wasn't lying." Nana said, smirking at their distraught expressions.

"Myungsoo. Kris. What are you doing here." I said coldly. They didn't speak. "You do know that it is against the rules to go in the opposite gender's dorms. And I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened. Go back to your rooms, you both have detention tomorrow."

They both groaned, then got up and left.

"Thanks." Said Nana.

"Don't forget about your detention too. Make sure your friends remember too." I said, then I left.

When I got back to mine and Kahi's room, she was awake again.

"Where did you go?" She asked.

"To the dorms. There were some boys in Nana and Lizzy's room." I said, sitting next to her. "Go back to sleep."

I got a text, I checked my phone and it was from Nana.

"They came back with more. Bring appa. I don't care if she's asleep. We need her."

"Who was that?" She asked.

"Nana.. There's more boys. She wants both of us." I said.

A few minutes later, Kahi was dressed properly and we made our way back to Nana's room where there was an even bigger crowd than last time.

"HOLD ME UP!" Nana's voice yelled from somewhere in the crowd.

Nana's head came into view and through the crowd I could see Lizzy and Uee holding her up. I heard a small sigh from Kahi.

"Yah.. I don't see why they have to make a big fuss over this.." She mumbled.

"IN HERE, HEADTEACHER AND DEPUTY HEADTEACHER!" Nana yelled, then she disappeared into the crowd.

We made our way through and saw the room was now full of boys. As soon as we entered the room, silence fell across the crowd.

"Do you know how late it is.." Kahi started. "Do you think we want to be here, sorting out stupid little things that wouldn't happen if certain students would obey the rules?! Go back to your rooms at once, and I want to see all of you at my office tomorrow before morning classes!" The boys began to leave. "Do you think I want to stand here all night watching you all walk?! I've seen old people walk faster than this, move!" They hurried up. Soon there was just a crowd of girls left. "All of you, go back to your rooms." They all left.

"..Thanks appa. What if they come back?" Nana asked.

"We're not helping you again. Kick them out yourselves." Kahi said, then we walked back to our room again.

"Yah, I'm so tired.." I groaned.

"We can both rest now.." Kahi said as we both lay down on the bed.

I got another text. "...If that's Nana, she can deal with her own problems herself.."

I checked my phone and it was Nana. "Some of them came back. What should I do?"

I texted back. "Kick them out yourself." Then I turned my phone off, cuddled up to Kahi and fell asleep.