13

Sharing a Room

Nana's P.O.V

The next day Lizzy and I went out shopping.

"Unnie, you don't need to buy all these clothes for me." She was saying as we were leaving a clothes shop with a ton of bags.

"I feel bad though. Just let me treat you~" I said.

"Yah, Park Sooyoung, who's that you're with?!" Said a voice close by.

"Oh my god, you do this every time you see her with her friends." Another voice groaned.

"Unnies! Look who I found!" Lizzy squealed. I felt myself being pulled backwards and turned around. "It's Nana unnie!"

"..Really? Wait.. I see the resemblence. It's the eyes. Definitely the eyes. Hello Nana." Jooyeon said, giggling.

"How would you know? Did you gaze into her eyes often?" Uee asked, poking Jooyeon's side.

"Yah, be quiet Kim Yujin.." Jooyeon mumbled.

We spent a while shopping, then Jooyeon and Lizzy went off somewhere so Uee and I sat down somewhere.

"Unnie, tell me about the riots." I said.

"..The riots? Oh.. You mean at the school?" She asked. "How do you know about them?"

"Lizzy told me there were riots." I said. "I just want to know."

"It was a really hard time.. But it was worst in our year, everyone heard the argument and then they heard Nana had left as well as the deputy headteacher then the new teacher got that promotion and things just went out of control. They had to lock all the doors to stop more fighting happening. I was in the science rooms with Jooyeon when they set fire to the corridor. I saved Joo, but she got attacked by the third years.. And as for me, my face was ruined. Lizzy was the one who stopped the fighting. She made the people see sense. The school was closed for a while, a lot of us had to stay in the hospital so we didn't see it being rebuilt. The headteacher and new deputy headteacher weren't seen for months. But of course they still work there." Uee explained.

"..I want to go back." I said.

"..What? We can't Nana." She said.

"No. I have to go back. There's someone there I need to see." I said, standing up. "Get Lizzy and Jooyeon, tell them I'm waiting in the car."

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

Uee rushed us outside as soon as we came back and we got in Nana's car.

"Where are we going unnie?" I asked.

There was no reply, but I saw the look on Nana's face and knew she wasn't in the talking mood. I ended up falling asleep because the journey took so long. It was all the yelling that woke me up.

"Nana we can't go in there!" Uee was saying.

"We're going and that's it!" Nana growled.

Nana parked the car and I recognised where we were instantly.

"Unnie.. Why are we at school?" I asked.

"I have to see appa.." Nana whispered to me.

We went in and everything still looked the same, Nana went straight to the office and knocked on the door.

"Enter."

She went in and we waited outside.

 

Nana's P.O.V

"Appa, it's me." I said. "Look up from your work."

Kahi looked up at me. I saw how tired she looked and that she'd been suffering.

"Why did you come back Nana? Didn't your umma say you weren't allowed to see me?" She asked.

"I wanted to see you again. She doesn't know I'm here. But umma's suffering too. She misses you." I said. "Where's Dambi?"

"Dambi.. She left.. Disappeared.. I run the school on my own now. It's changed since you were last here." She sighed.

"Why do you run it on your own? You need help appa, you can't do this.." I said, sitting down in front of her.

"It's not like anyone wants to come here though. After the riots things changed. People left, our reputation went downhill.." She mumbled.

"You need to get h-"

"IM JINAH, WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!" A scream echoed through the halls. The door was thrown open. Jung-Ah.

She came running towards me and I flinched, expecting to be hit. Instead there was a loud yell from outside.

"DON'T HIT HER!"

Lizzy came running in and grabbed Jung-Ah. There was silence as everyone stared at each other, then both Kahi and Jung-Ah broke down in tears.

"Jung-Ah.." Kahi sobbed. "I'm sorry.."

Lizzy let go of Jung-Ah and we both left and gave them some time alone.

"What happened in there?" Uee asked.

"We can't tell anyone." Lizzy said.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

Eventually me and Nana went back to my apartment because Nana didn't want to go home. We were sat in the living room and I was trying to make her eat.

"If you don't eat you'll get sick." I said.

"I don't want to eat. I'll eat later. I have to follow my diet..." She mumbled, then she curled up on the couch and fell asleep.

I sighed and picked her up and carried her to my room and put her on the bed and undressed her. I frowned as I saw how thin she was. Whatever diet she was on wasn't doing her much good. I gently kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight unnie.." I whispered.

I stayed up quite late, then I forgot about the time and ended up watching a ton of dramas. I heard a yawn and Nana emerged from the room still in her underwear.

"How long have you been awake?" She asked, sitting next to me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 8am." She said. "You look tired.. Did you even sleep?"

I shook my head. "I stayed up all night. I'm worried about you."

"That doesn't mean you can stay up all night worrying about me. Come on, you have to go to bed." She said, making me stand up.

"I don't want to sleep. I want you to be healthy again." I said, looking at her.

"What do you mean? I am healthy." She said, looking puzzled.

"You're so thin unnie, that's not healthy.. Even when I saw you at that photoshoot you looked so tired.." I said.

She sighed. "I'm fine, please stop worrying about me."

"How can I not worry about you when I love you?! I don't want something bad to happen to you! Please unnie, just eat something good, rest a lot and just stay with me.." I said, starting to cry.

"Lizzy.. Don't cry.." She pulled me closer and hugged me tightly.

"Promise me then unnie that you'll start eating normally.. I want you to be healthy.." I said, looking up at her.

"..I promise.." She said. "Now please go to bed."

I nodded. "Thank you unnie.."

I went to my room and collapsed on the bed and couldn't even change clothes before I fell into a deep sleep.