Why do I feel safe when I am with you?

Summer Love

“Oppa, I have enough problems to worry about”, Yoona said as she dived under Rain’s arm and came out on the next side, “could you please go put on clothes”.

Rain did what Yoona said but he only pulled on a sweat pants, then he came back to see her going through his fridge.

“I’m sorry but you know my feelings for you and I haven’t given up on them”, Rain said as he walked over to Yoona who was looking in the fridge, unhinged by what Rain had just said.

Yoona took out the milk out of the fridge, placed it on the counter and got herself a cup; she poured it out and took the glass of milk with her to the TV room. She sat down in front of the TV, placed her milk on the coffee table and started flipping through the channels. Rain just stood there shocked. 

“What?” Yoona asked when she realized that Rain was staring.

“Didn’t you hear me practically confess?” Rain asked confused, “why are so calm, the Yoona I knew would be in total shock”.

“Lately I have realized that love is like a battlefield, the smallest things break me down”, Yoona said as she got up from her couch and stared Rain the face with a serious expression, “it’s like I can’t get the chance to just be happy with everyone I love”.

“Yoona what has been happening lately since I haven’t been around?” Rain asked.

“I have put everyone I love in danger”, Yoona replied, “Rain you have been my Oppa for a long time but please from now on pretend that I don’t exist”.

“What!” Rain exclaimed as he walked over to where Yoona stood.

Yoona could see he was angry, but she had to let everyone go, it was the only way. So she walked closer to him, tipped up onto her toes a bit and gave him a kiss on his cheeks and then she went back down onto her feet, then wrapped her arms around him ignoring the fact that he was half . Nonetheless he hugged her back tightly, he never wanted to let her, he became afraid that if he did, then that would be the last time he would see her.

They stood in that position for 20 minutes, not moving, then Rain realized that Yoona was so tired that she fell asleep standing up. He lifted her up and carried her to his bedroom, then placed her on his bed. As he covered her with the sheet he realized a single tear drop that ran down the left side of her face. He gentle wiped it away, got up and left the room.

_________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile the members of 2PM were discussing what happened earlier between Nichkhun and Yoona, this meeting was taking place at a cafe, all in disguises to prevent screaming fans.

They just couldn’t understand why Yoona would just come from out of nowhere so early in the morning and break Nichkhun’s heart.

“We should have known this would of ended up happening”, Wooyoung said as he ate his cheesecake.

Everyone started looking at him confused and a bit annoyed.

“What?” Wooyoung said, mouth filled with cake, “Yoona said that the people after her threatened to hurt the people she loved, right, so doesn’t that mean that she was just trying to protect Nichkhun”.

Everyone was shocked at the fact that what Wooyoung had just said made sense.

“Also, this morning, Yoona had a bad dream, which I think is what made her act on this decision”, Yuri said trying to make sense out of everything, “she dreamt that Nichkhun got hurt protecting her”.

“I told her that I would protect her and that I didn’t care about what happened to me”, Nichkhun said.

“Nichkhun, you saying that is not going to change her mind”, Yuri said, “if nothing it probably made her make this decision quicker, she loves you too much to lose you”.

“Do you know where she could be now?” Chansung asked Yuri.

“No”, Yuri said thinking, “she hasn’t talked to Rain for a long time and it is pretty awkward between them, and also she wouldn’t go to my mother’s house that would be too obvious”.

“Let’s try anyway”, Junho said, “excuse me miss, can we have the check”.

Everyone got up from the table and headed to their black van.

“It will be alright Nichkhun”, Yuri said giving him a smile, “we will sort everything out”.

As they drove to Yuri’s mother’s house everyone decided to discuss what to do about the situation.

___________________________________________________

When Yoona woke up, she found herself inside a big bedroom that was positively perfect for a teenage girl who loved pink and fluffy bears. She got up from off the fluffy bed and made her way to the door as she looked around the unfamiliar room.

But then she stopped when she heard noises coming from the other side of the door.

“Honey, did you put Yoona to bed?” a woman asked. Yoona found it strange because it sounded like her mother. So she slightly opened the door to take a peak, Yoona was shocked to see a younger version of her mother standing next to a handsome man, the same man that she saw in the year book, the man that was always with her mother, she was looking at her father.

“OMG!” Yoona exclaimed which got her parents’ attention, when she realized what had happened she quickly locked the door and started panicking, “what am going to do, and how did I even get here, is this a dream, or did I hit my head”.

“Yoona”, Yoona’s mom called as she knocked on the door, “are you still awake honey”.

“What am I going to do?” Yoona asked herself and then she ran to the bed, jumped in and hid under the covers. She could hear the creak of the door as her mother let herself in. She slowly walked over to her bed and sat down.

“Honey, I know that it has been hard for you to accept the fact that your father and I are going through a rough patch”, Yoona’s mother said, “but we are trying to work it out for your sake, a five year old like you should not be going through this, so get some sleep and we will talk in the morning”.

Yoona’s mother got up after finishing what she wanted to say and left the room. When she locked the room, Yoona removed the sheet from over her head.

“So that’s what happened to mother and father, they were having problems”, Yoona said to herself, a sad expression taking over her face.

“Yoona, Yoona...........” a voice said from a distance.

“Rain?” Yoona asked herself, that was when she really woke up to see Rain looking down at her. She jumped up and sat up in bed.

“What’s wrong?” Rain asked as he sat down on the bed.

“I had a dream, that made me remember some of my memories of when I was younger”, Yoona said with a smile, “this was before you and my sister started dating, when my family was actually happy and my parents loved each other, but when I turned six they finalized their divorce and my father disappeared leaving my mother to support us on her own”.

Rain was taken back as the tears started forming in Yoona’s eyes and then they overflowed down her cheeks, he could do nothing else but to take her into his arms and comfort her.

_______________________________________________________

When 2PM and Yuri reached her house, Yoona was nowhere to be found, they had no idea what to do next, where could they find Yoona?

Then out of nowhere Yuri’s phone started to ring.

Rain and Yuri’s Conversation:

“Its Rain”, Yuri said reading her phone screen and then she answered it, “hello Oppa, it has been a long time since I have last seen you”.

“Hey Yuri, yeah it has been quite awhile”, Rain said, “I just called to tell you that Yoona is at my apartment and she is alright”.

“Oh, that’s a relief, I have been so worried about her”, Yuri said breathing a sigh of relief, “I will come pick her up now”.

“I think that would probably be best, she needs you right now”, Rain said with a smile.

“Ok see you in 5”, Yuri replied and ended the conversation.

________________________________________________________________________

“That was Rain, Yoona is at his apartment”, Yuri said with a smile to the others.

“That’s good but what is she doing there?” Taecyeon asked confused.

“Yoona has known Rain for a long time you know”, Yuri started to tell them, “She met him when her sister was dating him, and even after they broke up, he and Yoona still kept in touch and he was still her Oppa that she could talk to, go to the movies with and even talk about boys with too”.

“But that guys has feelings for her”, Chansung said, “he told me that himself”.

Nichkhun was started to feel uneasy, was he really going to lose the girl that was so important to him like that.

_______________________________________________________

“Oppa”, Yoona called as she came out of Rain’s room, “I am alright now, thanks for comforting me”.

“It’s ok, you know that I will always be there for you”, Rain answered with a smile.

“Um, Oppa could you please fix me a snack while I go freshen up”, Yoona said.

Rain of course fell for it and went to do what she had asked of him. When he was out of sight, she tip toed to the door, took up her coat and opened the door slowly and quietly.

“Bye, Oppa and thanks for everything you have done for me, I love you too”, Yoona said and then locked the door behind her.

When Rain came out with the snacks, he was shocked to see that Yoona was nowhere to be found.

____________________________________________________________

“Oppa!” Yuri exclaimed as she busted into Rain’s apartment finding him sitting on his couch with his head in his hands, “What’s wrong?”

“She left, one minute she asked me to fix her a sandwich and the other she was gone”, Rain said as he approached Yuri and the 2PM members as they stood staring in shock.

“What do you mean she left, how could you let her leave!” Nichkhun exclaimed in a angry range as he grabbed Rain by the collar.

“Nichkhun calm down”, Wooyoung said as he pulled him off Rain.

“She said she came to say goodbye”, Rain said as he fell to the ground.

“Oppa”, Yuri said as she knelt down in front of Rain, “it’s not your fault, there has just been some things happening in Yoona’s life that makes her believe that we will get hurt if we are close to her”.

_____________________________________________________________

As Yoona walked down the street, she thought about what she was going to do now, without the aid of the people she loved and cared for her. And then she saw the same guy she had met in the ice cream shop with the girl like face.

“Hey”, Yoona said as she approached the boy who looked confused.

“Um, do I know you?” the boy asked.

“You probably don’t remember but I came into the shop you worked at once to buy ice cream”, Yoona said giggling, “I guess you probably don’t remember”.

“No, I do”, the boy replied with a serious expression.

“Well I guess I should be going now”, Yoona said as she realized that maybe she was bothering him.

“No, don’t leave!” the boy exclaimed as he grabbed hold of Yoona’s right arm, spinning her around to face him, “I mean, do you want to grab some coffee, I think we need to talk”.

As they walked away, the boy looked back at a suspicious black van that was parked across the road.

_______________________________________________________________

Along with the coffee the boy ordered a slice of cheesecake for Yoona, who didn’t dare to refuse.

“So, what did you want to talk to me about?” Yoona asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Well let’s start off with me introducing myself”, the boy said with his coffee in hand, “my name is Yesung and you are Yoona I presume”.

“How come you know my name?” Yoona asked confused.

“I was sent by your father to protect you”, Yesung replied, took a sip of his coffee and then placed it back on the table, “and I intend to get the job done”.

“My father, who is suppose to be dead, sent you to protect me?” Yoona asked in shock, “to protect me from what?”

“Your father is very much alive and is South Korea’s crime lord. Lately there has been some people who want to overpower him by teaming up with his enemies but it is not working, so somehow they have learnt about his only weakness and that would be you, the daughter he hid from the world so that she wouldn’t be hurt”, the boy explained leaving Yoona speechless.

“So my father faked his own death to protect me and my mother?” Yoona asked.

“Yes, he has always been watching you from afar, keeping you safe became his life”, Yesung said, “now I need to take you somewhere safe because we are being followed”.

When Yoona realized that Yesung was looking at something behind her, she turned to see 3 guys dressed in black coming from across the road pulling guns from their side.

“Bend down!” Yesung exclaimed as he pulled out his own gun and started firing at the guys who returned the shots making everyone in and near the cafe to scatter and start panicking.

Yoona held her head down in fear of losing her life, in that single moment the only person that crossed her mind was Nichkhun. All of a sudden, Yesung pulled her to her feet and then they started running down the street, the many following close behind. They ran through the thick crowd trying to lose them.

“I am getting tired”, Yoona said.

Yesung quickly pulled Yoona inside a narrow alley way, and threw her up against the wall, placed his hand on to prevent her making sound and leaned his body against hers. Yoona’s face turned red immediately, the men ran passed without noticing them.

When they were gone, Yesung looked to make sure and then he realized just how close her was to her body and immediately backed off.

“Sorry”, he said.

“It’s ok”, Yoona replied, realizing that his face was actual quite red too.

“Come on lets go”, Yesung continued as he grabbed hold of Yoona’s hand and the two ran in the opposite direction.

________________________________________________________________________

“Where are we going?” Yoona asked as they walked through a alleyway.

“Somewhere safe”, Yesung answered, “it is getting late and you need to clean up”.

They came to a door, that Yesung knocked on and then it opened. A man was waiting at the foot of the stairs and nodded when Yesung walked up to him then continued up stairs. Yoona was a bit afraid due to the fact that she only met this guy a couple hours ago and now she had to trust him but somehow she felt safe with her hands in his.

As they walked down a narrow hallway they came to a door.

“You stay here, you will be able to catch up on sleep and get cleaned up”, Yesung said as he released Yoona’s hand and gave her the key to the room, and then he turned and started walking away.

All of a sudden something clicked in Yoona, “Please, don’t leave”, Yoona pleaded as she grabbed hold of Yesung’s arm to stop him from leaving.

“Are you sure you will be comfortable with me in your room?” Yesung asked.

“I won’t be able to sleep if you’re not”, Yoona replied.