Journey to the Park

Super Junior's ELFs : The 2nd volume (sequel to first ELFs)

                ...

                ...

                ...

                “What are you doing?” Asked by an annoyed Leeteuk on a distressed HeeRae who keeps fidgeting here and there while riding the taxi. She kept on peering up and down from her folder. Whenever the taxi comes to a stop, she would hide her face using the folder. Leeteuk on the other hand has his head resting on the window.

                “I’m evading looks from people!” HeeRae said nervously.

                “Why?” Leeteuk asks. HeeRae drops her folder and looks at Leeteuk irritatingly.

                “DUH!!! A random woman inside a taxi with a top star, what does that look like to you?!” HeeRae cried shrilly and the taxi made a stop again, she hastily covered her face. Leeteuk rolls his eyes.

                “What it looks to me? Well... the random woman could be my stylist.., or my maid” Leeteuk said that made HeeRae glare at him. Leeteuk could deny that she looks cute in that way.

                “Psh... be realistic, will you?!” HeeRae groaned.

                “I am...” Leeteuk said and chuckles. “As you notice... the windows are all tinted, people can’t see what’s inside”

                “Yah, you can never know!” Heerae told him angrily. “And you could have helped by not pasting your face on that window!”

                “I am not pasting my face on the window,  Iam merely resting my head” Leeteuk said. “You’re too exaggerated”

                “No!” Heerae cried again in irritation.

                “I just wish that Hyukkie just went with us” HeeRae sighed and covers her face again. Leeteuk watches as she does so.

                No... Heerae, do not cover your face... if only I could, I’d show the world that there is an amazing woman existing here

                Leeteuk turned his head back to see the view out the window. It was as usual... people walk here and there, minding their own business. To the people that day would be just as normal as everyday is... but to Leeteuk, having a fidgety Heerae beside him is not just normal or ordinary, but it was extra ordinary. He smile secretly knowing that right now... he’s together with her... for few glorious hours, he’s together with her.

                *DUGEUN*

                His heart gave a paining yet sweet jolt. Somehow, he enjoys those kind of jolts nowadays because it only means that his heart is alive once again. To tell the truth, smiling now is worth everything than smiling in the television. Compared to the millions of fans who support him, his eyes were caught by this single lady who keeps on irritating him. He chuckles a bit... never in his life once again did he chuckle because of his sweet thoughts. He felt like going back in his prime years where it felt like the world is in the palm of his hand.

                Well... the world is in the palm of his hands already, there’s no mistake in that. It’s just that, the world became brighter when he realized there’s someone who he wanted to share his world with. That someone is the fidgety woman beside him who keeps on murmuring about his public image. If it weren’t for her... he’d confess today... right now, at this moment.

                *DUGEUN*

                Leeteuk’s heart gave another jolt as though it was instructing him to do as he thought. He looks sideways to see the innocent look on HeeRae’s face. He wanted to make that face to smile... smile widely because him. His heart eats faster, his throat runs dry... he wanted to tell it. He wanted to tell he likes her... he wanted to take her away from YunHo and all of her fears, he wanted to just take care of her. He wanted her... he knew that all along, he likes her... he likes her...

                “HeeRae” Leeteuk called in between breaths. HeeRae looks sideways at him and smiled. “HeeRae I—”

                “Oppa we’re here! Let’s go!” HeeRae gave the driver the fee and runs out of the carriage, leaving Leeteuk on the verge of mental breakdown. Leeteuk watches as HeeRae runs towards that covered corner where no one could see her.

                “Sir?” Called the taxi driver.

                “Ah... sorry” Leeteuk speaks softly and puts on his cap and shades. With that, he gets off of the car and watches as the taxi go.

                What he didn’t realize... they have arrived at the destination a couple of minutes ago. He could’ve told her—what was he thinking?! He shouldn’t let that thing ever happen to him again, because if it does... the end will come to him. No... he won’t allow that. As long as he stands as the leader of super junior, he won’t let anything happen to him nor to his group. Falling in love... will end up in a big crisis.

                What about your happiness...?

                A silent voice asks within him.

                “Happiness... can wait” Leeteuk said as his heart sunk. He looked over to where HeeRae was. “Where is DongHae anyway?”

 

...

 

                “... aish... what’s taking them so long?” DongHae asks. They were at some park near Incheon. Not many people goes in there since it was school days and it was early in the morning. Currently, he’s inside some cafe where there’s only the ahjumma personnel.

                DongHae waits for Leeteuk and HeeRae patiently... actually, he’s really going to ditch them once he made them eat together. That was the plan... to make Leeteuk and HeeRae go on a date. Well... it was not much of a plan.

                “Tsh... this is the plan, Hyukkie? Really?” DongHae cursed as he calls Eunhyuk.

                “Well... I don’t have any other ideas, do I?!” Says Eunhyuk in the other line.

                “YAH! You should have planned a more detailed one!” DongHAe sighs and groans. “Other than eating there’s  nothing to do!”

                “Aigoo... leave everything to Leeteuk hyung... he knows what to do!”

                “Fiiiiinnnnneee!” With that, DongHae ends the call and waits for them. “Like Teukie hyung has any idea that they’re in it for a date—”

                “Anyeong~” A familiar voice greeted DongHae. He was so shocked that he nearly fell off of the chair he’s been sitting on for the whole morning.

                “M-meekyongie!” DongHae stuttered as he sees MeeKyong’s face.

                “What are you doing here?” MeeKyong asks. DongHae purses his lips to think for a reason... Meekyong  mustn’t know about their plan!

                “Uh... uhm... nothing!” DongHae lied and stands up then walks fast.

                “Yah! Wait!” MeeKyong runs after him and grabs his elbow. “You don’t want for the fans to recognize you... do you?”

                “Err...” DongHae realized that he has not put on his super disguise. MeeKyong giggled and laughs at him as soon as he puts on his glasses and wig. “What are you doing here?”

                “Hmm? I was waiting for Kibum” MeeKyong said softly that drops the smile off of DongHae’s face.

                “Why?” DongHae’s voice has the tint of jealousy.

                “Well.. he agreed that he’d walk me around these areas” MEeKyong smiled at him. “You see, he told me that this is the place where we’d usually go and hang around”

                “Oh” DongHae answered shortly and he starts looking around for any signs of Kibum. He sighed heavily.

                Come to think of it... DongHAe and Kibum used to come around this area often before debut. Sometimes Leeteuk comes with them and spend some quality time with the other members. It was then when DongHAe remembers that this was the place where the members would walk around and think about their future. Kibum was one of DongHAe’s closest friends ... he’d share everything with him. Back then... Kibum used to share his dreams with him. But then... DongHae remembers vaguely that Kibum told him that they’d be together as a group. DongHae looked at MeeKyong wondering what happened then...

                “MeeKyong-ah...” DongHae calls her. MeeKyongl ooks at him. “Is there a possibility if we bring your memories back, you know why Kibum decided to part from us?” MeeKyong looks at him and tilts her head.

                “What are you talking about, Hae?” MeeKyong asks.

                “Could there be a reason why he just decided to pursue acting career... if so... is there’s a possibility you know why?” DongHAe asks her softly. MeeKyong looked at DongHae sadly.

                “Maybe... I don’t know, Hae... it’s just... I can’t recall anything happened before 2008” MeeKyong said sadly. “If I get my memories back then... there must be something Kibum told me before” DongHae sighs.

                “So... did you find out who’s the girl that Kibum likes?” DongHae asks as he leans on the hand rails of the place. MeeKyong sighs.

                “I totally forgot about that” MeeKyong laughs lightly. “I forgot where I placed his journal” Meekyong said that made DongHae bit his lower lip. He kept the journal under the mattress to himself.

                “Ah... hehe... do you have any idea to who she is?” DongHae ask but as he smiles at her, he came into a realization. It was so clear... as clear as air, how could he had not seen it?!

                “MeeKyong-ah!” Kibum’s voice called. DongHae pursed his lips.

                “Oh, Bum-ah!” MeeKyong called him and smiles at him Kibum stops his steps as he realizes that DongHae was there.

                “Hae-hyung” Kibum said softly.

                “Anyeong” DongHae said and looked at him. Kibum smiles at him then turns to MeeKyong. “You’re here”

                “Neh, I’m helping with MeeKyong’s psychotherapy” Kibum said and looked at MeeKyong. “Since I was the person who knew her even before trainee days”

                “I see” DongHae pursed his lips again, sadly this time.

                “Oh—wait, I forgot something” MeeKyong said and left, leaving KiBum and DongHae in an awkward situation. Kibum and DongHae kept quiet for quite some time... maybe it was the fact that DongHAe likes MeeKyong and Kibum seemed to know it.

                “Kibum-ah...” DongHAe called him sincerely.

                “Hyung, if you like her, please don’t hurt her” Kibum said seriously. “She’s not someone whom you can toy around, please don’t take advantage of her sickness...”

                “I’m not going to...” DongHae said softly.

                “I’m just telling you hyung” Kibum said sadly. DongHae looked at him seriously... it’s one of those rare times where DongHae is dead serious.

                “Kibum-ah... the girl you like... is it MeeKyong?”