A Day At Home

Don't Call Me Like That, Jung Daehyun!

He wake up in early morning because the dizziness. He’s not really have a good night since he’s worried about the progress of fest. Yongguk he don’t have too worry about this and Sunyoung getting mad the last time she caught him read the paper in hospital. She’s getting emotional this whole week. No, she always emotional all the time. He chuckled to himself, just thinking about her make him forget about his dizziness.

She called  him to makes sure he don’t forgot his medicine and breakfast, but he don’t have anything in his place that he can eat. He was about to ask her to accompany him to get breakfast when she offered him to get breakfast in her home. He don’t know how to react, breakfast in her house means he would meet her parents, he was about say she didn’t have to when her mom take the phone and force him to come and ended the conversation. He don’t have any choise than take a shower and wear something comfortable, loose shirt nad jeans before drive to her home.

When he arrive, she’s not the one who open the door, but a cute kid, her brother.  The kid lead him to the living room and he sat on the couch while the kid disappear to the kitchen. He’s comeback with his sister. Her hair doesn’t falls down as usual, but tied into a bun and just wear shirt and short, doesn’t she feels cold? He asked to himself. She told him that her brother name is Jinyoung, and ask his brother to accompany him since the breakfast would ready in few minutes.

He’s never come to other house in early morning like this, its feels awkward at first. But the sound of pan hit the stove, smells of fresh brew, the sun shine through the huge glass, and Jinyoung’s giggled when he watch ‘Baby Days Out’ made him relax, and feels like home. The feeling that he missed for a long time since he live alone. When the movie ended, he found the kid stare at him with innocent expression. He sat on the floor with his girlfiend’s brother, he pulled out his ipad and showed him a few pictures of his little brother. Yes, he have a little brother, his brother just around fouth month and sure Jinyoung would love him. Jinyoung eyes sparkling when he saw the baby pictures and tried to touch the baby cheek through the gadget.

“small” the kid bubling to himself, but the older boy can hear anything

“yes, his hands is smaller than me, even yours” those words make the kid placed his little palm in his.

“jjinja?” Jinyoung eyes widened

“yeah, it’s true. You want to meet him?” and the kid nodded sigh he’s agreed with the idea “I’ll take you to him someday”

The kid was about to say something when Sunyoung voice echoed from the kitchen “breakfast ready!!”

He left his Ipad on the floor when the kid grab his hand and drag him to the kitchen. He sat on the chair next to Jinyoung when her mom place the plate in front of him. It’s surprise him when he found many dish in the table, there’s galbi, stewed fish, tofu soup, kimchi, and rice. He never have breakfast like this for years. The ahjuma in cafeteria always made one dish for him.

“I heard you just come back from hospital, huh?” her mom asked him as she sat beside her daughter, and he nodded a bit “I made this for you” she poured the soup into small bowl and handed to him “I hope you get well soon”

Although its their very first meeting, he found that her family treat him like he’s the part of family. Her mom is the one pupt the rice in his plate and cut the galbi for him. Light conversation during the meal. Her mom asked about his activity beside the school and telling some joke. Jinyoung kept asking him when he was about to take him to see the baby, then he said he would take him to see the baby if Sunyoung  should accompany them, that made red tint in her cheek appear, she’s blushed.

After the breakfast, he sat on the floor in the living room again with Jinoyung while Sunyoung help her mom wash the dish. He wandered his eyes and learn that the word ‘father’ never come from their lips and he founf nothing about an old man in the house. There just Jinyoung with her, or her mom, but mostly the picture about Jinyoung. He watch Jinyoung touched his little finger to the ipad to see more picture.

The quietly atmosphere made his eyes slowly closed. Maybe its because he eat too much. He never ate so much for breakfast since he always afraid if he fall asleep in the class. But today is weekend, no class and her mom forced him to eat more because his condiction. He tried to stayed awake but his eyelids become more heavier.

“you can sleep in Jinyoung’s room in upstairs” Sunyoung’s mom voice startled him.

“no..no..no.. I just….” He was about to say something when the old woman yelled

“youngie-ah” within a second, his girlfriend come from the kitchen “lead him to Jin’s room”

“okay” she grab his hand and lead him to the stairs when her mom yelled again

“remember, Jinyoung’s room, not yours”

She cant hide her embarrassed because her mom tese her infront her boyfriend. She lead him to blue painted room. He don’t wasted time and lean in the bed while she search something in the cabinet. She pulled out a blanket and covered him with it.

She caress his hair as he closed his eyes.

“thank you” he whispered to her.

“hush, just sleep” and she caress his hair till she’s sure he’s asleep and leave the room.

With simple things, she made him forget his pain. He forgot the fest waited for him. and without his knowingly, she’s become his life.


I was take a nap after Im update 7th chapter, but then the idea come to me. I stood up from my bed, turning on my laptop and start typing this. im not really sure about this, but i still kept something would happen in the fest. kekeke :D