The Only Way

Don't Call Me Like That, Jung Daehyun!

A young girl yawned for hundred times in her desk. The class seems quite and comfortable. The winter wind blow through the opened window. The only sounds heard is the teacher teaching about some mathematic formulas and the pencil moved in the paper. Sunyoung eyes wandered around the class, a yellow-head girl who sat next to her stare pointlessly at the blackboard, she tap her pen on the desk impatiently. Sunyoung turn her eyes to the front, a silver-haired boy already falls asleep in his desk, the maknae around the school, a boy named Zelo who a year younger than her.

Sunyoung was wrapped in her deep thought when the bell rang and suddenly replaced by Zelo high note voice. She raised her faced in annoyed about to shout to Zelo but he’s already left the room. He always like that when lunch time. She laid her head back to her desk, enjoyed the feeling of the wind caress her hair.

“Let’s get lunch” the yellow-head girl named Taeri asks her.

“Just go yourself.  I’m sleepy” Sunyoung replied her absent mindedly.

“Hey, don’t be lazy like that” Taeri tried to wake her up with caress her head.

“No… at least I wouldn’t die because skip a lunch” Sunyoung buried her face in her arms. She felt Taeri’s hand left her and sound of her step disappear. The quiet and calmed class made her more sleepy. She fall asleep in a few minutes, but suddenly startled when someone hit her desk. She raised her head, was about to shout at the one who hit her desk but then she’s shut her lip in thin line.

“hello sunyoung-ssi” three girl with heavy make up waved their hand naughtily at her, and suddenly Sunyoung’s mood getting mad.

Those three mean girls known as self-confessed queenka around the school who kept annoy her this entire month. Sunyoung is not the student who helpless and can’t survive with herself. She’s used to struggling with those queenka, she’s already played hide and seek in countless time, but then those mean girls become more annoying past few days and Sunyoung already sick of their game.

“Doesn’t give up yet?” Sunyoung asked boredly, laid her back on the chair.

Sunny chucked slightly at her “of course, we still have job for you” she raised her hand and Miranda throw Sunyoung with lots of books “I heard you got good point at English, I think you would didn’t mind if I asked for little help”

“No!” Sunyoung was about to throw the books away but then Sunny grab her neck and pulled her to her face. Sunyoung can smell her heavy perfume and almost puke because of that.

“Don’t you know? what kind of student who have rights to ignore us.. Ginger!”

Another girl named Ginger start to count with her finger “one.. if you’re part of us. Two.. if you’re being kingkas gilrfiend.. or three, you’re too ugly to get our attention”

Sunyoung slap Sunny hands away from her, “I’ll be that kind of girl. So you have to disappear from me, now!”

“wow, so proud of yourself” Sunny snickered “you’re sure?”

“yeah” Sunyoung didn’t like it, but it’s the only way to be free from those queenka, if she’s dressed like an ugly, she would be free. It’s not bad. Atleast she have her life freely.

“okay, I give you time until tomorrow morning to confess to the kingka and I’ll let you go”

“What?!!”

“afraid?” Sunny smirk at her naughtly. They’re  misunderstood what she means, she was about to make over her image but those stupid queenka didn’t catch what she means.

“…” Sunyoung was speechless. Didnt know what to do.

“bye..” and then those queenka disappear from her sight.

Sunyoung frozen in her seat, but her mind busy with thinking what she have to do. She’s hit her head helplessly in her desk, and wished to get amnesia because of that.

“hey, do you tried to kill yourself?” Taeri who’s back from cafeteria suddenly grab her back collar to stop her.

“Taeri…” she hugged her bestfriend helplessly.

“wae? Wae geurae?”

Sunyoung told her what queenka promised to her with sob and almost cried. But suddenly Taeri shut her lip and thinking deeply.

“I think.. it will be okay” Sunyoung already to shout at her, but then she stopped her “hey, listen to me first. The queenka just order you to confess. The, just confess to Zelo!”

“what?! He would teased me in entire my life if I do that!” Sunyoung being friends with Zelo for seventh month since their first time meet as freshman. She always think Zelo just a giant baby who sat infront of her, not a part of kingka. and with his characteristic, he would till the edge, and it would more annoying than before.

“I don’t really know about the kingka…” Taeri murmured to herself “it wouldn’t be Himchan oppa since he has a girlfriend.. do you courageous to confess to Yongguk oppa?” Taeri bit her lip, not sure what she said a while ago

“President council? Big no!”

“How about Daehyun oppa? I heard he never accept any girl confession since he’s come to this school.” Sunyoung raised her brow

“you’re sure?”

“yeah. Sure. I think Daehyun oppa is the best choice since we didn’t really know about the rest kingkas member, and you didn’t have so much time.”

Sunyoung nodded her head slowly, and think about what Taeri said. Maybe the annoying prince in the school can help her this time.

Sunyoung cant concerntrate in her study in the rest of afternoon, she was thinking about how to confess. She never confess for anyone in entire of her life. But in the end she’s gave up thinking about something sweet and made decision to made confession as simple as she can, so Daehyun would reject her.

Sunyoung ran to her locker as soon as the ball rang. She changed from her slipper to her shoes and tried to put it fastly. Taeri support her with words since she have dance class and can’t accompany Sunyoung. Taeri gave her a box of Chocó pie, since Sunyoung didn’t ate anything since this morning. Sunyoung walk on the busy corridor to the park area where’s Daehyun car parked. Just a few minutes until Daehyun appear. She bow her head a bit and greet him as he’s near her.

“Uhmm.. would you be my boyfriend?” her word stopped his step. He raised his eyes and locked with hers. She held her breath, it’s first time she’s stare at this boy eyes. His eyes clear and grab her whole attention, she can’t even turn her gaze away from his.

He gave her little smile before asked “who’s your name?”

“Song Sunyoung imnida” she bow her head awkwardly

“ah, you’re victim of those girls. Right?” what? If he means about those queenka, then yes. she nodded her head slightly. “that’s chocopie? Daehyun pointed his finger in her right arms which held chocopie that Taeri gave to her a while ago.

“yes”

“can I have that?”  he asked again, she handed the chocopie to him confusedly. She was confessed to him, but he changed the topic. As he got the chocopie, he walk away slowly from her. Just a few step before he turn back to her. “what you waiting for? Come on”

“huh?” she didn’t catch what he means, but suddenly he said something that made her disbelief.

“come on, I can’t let my girlfriend walk alone. I’ll ride you home” he walk back to her, grab her wrist and drag Sunyoung who didn’t even know what just happen a while ago.

“what? Isn’t he accept my confession?”