Not In School

Turtle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next morning, L got up and freshened up. He was exhausted. Seoyeon’s trembling figure wouldn’t leave his mind. He couldn’t get a blink of sleep because that was all he thought about. Guilt consumed him because he could tell that she was frightened when she asked why he was following her.

Damn. Guilt big time.

Straightening his blazer, L headed out of his room and went down to the dining room where his parents were. He bowed in greeting before sitting in his spot. The maids quickly brought in his breakfast.

L stared at his breakfast. He didn’t have the appetite to eat, so he stood up and bowed to his parents walking out of the dining room. Mr. and Mrs. Kim didn’t even spare him a glance as he left.

Mr. Choi watched as L put on his shoes. “Young master, are you really not going to eat?” He asked. L shook his head as he slung his backpack over his shoulder, “No, not today. I want go around for a bit.” Mr. Choi bowed as L left the house.

L walked towards the car and got in. The chauffeur closed the door and went to the driver’s side. “School, young master?” He asked. L shook his head, “No, just drive around before school starts.” The chauffeur nodded and drove off.

L leaned back in seat closing his eyes. The image of Seoyeon trembling flashed in his mind again. L squeezed his eyes together trying to get rid of the image. He opened his eyes and saw buildings and cars blurring past. He let out a small sigh. *Kim Myungsoo, what have you done?*

-------

“Seoyeon-ah, are you sure you don’t want to go to school today?” Mrs. Yoon asked for the tenth time. Seoyeon nodded, “I’m just not feeling well.” “Okay, your father and I are leaving so call one of the maids if you need anything, alright?” “I will.”

“Unnie!” Sohee came rushing into Seoyeon’s room. She climbed on her sister’s bed and cupped her sister’s face. “Mrs. Jang told me that you were sick. Are you okay? Should I stay home and take care of you?”

Seoyeon chuckled and gently pulled Sohee’s hands away. “I’m fine, Sohee. You just go to school, okay?” “But I want to take care of you though.” Sohee pouted. “You can take care of me when you come back home.” “Promise?” Sohee held out her pinky. Seoyeon laughed through her nose and linked their pinkies together, “Promise.”

They sealed the promise by pressing their thumbs together.

“Alright, Sohee, you need to go or you’re going to be late for school.” Mrs. Yoon ushered. Sohee pouted but got off of Seoyeon’s bed and walked over to their mother. “Bye Seoyeon unnie.” She waved at her older sister. “Bye Sohee. Have a good day at school.” Seoyeon waved. “Remember to call the maids and take your medicine.” Mrs. Yoon reminded. Seoyeon nodded, “I will.” Mrs. Yoon gave her daughter a smile before leaving the Sohee.

When Seoyeon’s bedroom door clicked closed, she let out a small sigh and leaned against her headboard. “I’m so tired, but I can’t sleep at all.”

------

“Have a good day, young master.” The chauffeur bowed. L nodded and wore his backpack. He walked towards the school and stopped. He turned to his left to see if Seoyeon was going to come or not, but not seeing her, he concluded that she was either late or she came early.

With that in thought, L walked into the school gate and headed to Infinite’s private room at the top of the school. When he reached the room, there were already three people in there: Hoya, Sungjong, and Sungyeol.

“Oh, hey detective.” Hoya greeted. L gave them a faint smile before sitting on one of the couches. “What’s wrong with you?” Sungyeol asked. L shook his head, “Nothing. I’m just really tired today.” The three Infinite boys looked at each other then back at L.

“Were you out too late trying to find things about Seoyeon?” Hoya asked. L shook his head. “Then what was it?” Sungyeol asked. “I just couldn’t sleep.” L replied.

The three Infinite boys exchanged worried looks. “Are you sure? It seems like there’s more than that.” Sungyeol pushed on. L heaved a small sigh and leaned his head back. “I think I scared Seoyeon.” He softly declared.

Before any of the three Infinite boys could say anything, the other three Infinite members burst into the room.

“GOOD MORNING MY FELLOW PEASANTS!” Woohyun greeted loudly. Infinite (minus L) rolled their eyes. “Do you guys want to- whoa? What happened to him?” Woohyun pointed to L, who was just blinking up at the ceiling. “You happened, that’s what.” Hoya retorted.

Woohyun snapped his head towards Hoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter