" You're The Joy In My Life... "

Love, Blood And Tears
It was your 19th birthday and all of your friends were planning a surprise for you at a hotel.
You were excited because your boyfriend, Lee Eunhyuk, was gonna be there as well!
You were busy getting ready, when your phone buzzed. It was a text from Eunhyuk! You read his text:

 

- CheekyMonkey68 -

Hey, yeobo! Happy 19th Birthday!! ^^


You smiled and began to text him back...

 

- CuteGrrl597 -

Kamsahamnida, Hyukkie oppa! You just made my day! ^.^

- CheekyMonkey68 -

That makes me happy to hear! But wait till you see the surprise the others and I have prepared for you! ;D

- CuteGrrl597 -

Huh??? Really??? What's the surprise???

- CheekyMonkey68 -

Yah, if I told you, it won't be a surprise anymore!

- CuteGrrl597 -

Naw, I'll just act surprised. Please tell me, oppa!

- CheekyMonkey68 -

Aish, can't you wait? Wait for the surprise for me and wear that beautiful dress that I gave to you when we had our first date, pretty please????



When he sent that text, you imagined him creating his cute puppy eyes to beg you to wait and wear the dress so badly. You laughed at the thought and texted him back.

 

- CuteGrrl597 -

Aigoo, okay! Okay, oppa! I will for you!

- CheekyMonkey68 -

Yay! You're the best yeobo in the entire world! Don't forget that we'll be waiting in Room 13, okay?

- CuteGrrl597 -

Haha, okay and I love it when you say that! Saranghae, yeobo! See you later tonight!

- CheekyMonkey68 -

Yeah, okay! Saranghae!

END OF TEXT


You smiled as you switched off your phone. Eunhyuk was like the best boyfriend anyone could have.

He gave you gifts, took you out to exciting places, defended you in times of trouble or need and he loved you endlessly.

You stared outside the window for a moment and sighed.

" Oppa....saranghae....if only you knew how much joy you bring me... ", you mumbled as you twirled your hair with your fingers mindlessly.

* * * * *

Later at 7:45 PM, you went to the hotel where your friends were waiting. You wore the dress Eunhyuk gave you when you two met on your first date.

It was a strapless dress with sliver and golden designs against a deep blue background with a diamond belt around your waist. The dress fell just below your knees and small pleats finished the bottom of the dress. You wore stylish, black high heels that was held together with a emerald buckle around each ankle.

" Excuse me? Where is Room 13? ", you asked the receptionist. She politely pointed to the right and you thanked her.

" I wonder what surprise they'll be throwing for me? ", you thought as you approached your destination.

--------

" Shhhhhh!!! She's coming! ", a voice shushed everyone in the darkened room.

" Where? Where? ", someone else asked as they scrambled to the window to look.

" There! Woah, she's pretty! "

" Sweet! "

" Shh! She's coming! "

You opened the door slowly and looked around the dark room.

" Hello? Is anybody here? ", you called out.

Suddenly, the lights came on and you heard a loud shout of  " HAAPY BIRTHDAY!!!! " as your friends stepped out of corners, laughing as they shot confetti at you and held their gifts out to you. Eunhyuk was in front of you, grinning widely and holding a huge stuffed mokey with a colored card in its paws.

The monkey was a chocolate brown with a bright red ribbon around its plump, soft neck and it had a big smile plastered on its face. It was an adorably cute sight to see and cuddle.

You stood there, speechless. You saw how much effort your friends had put into preparing their surprise for you in the stylish room.

Two black, adjoining velvet seats sat against the cream-colored wall. A 60-inch, flat screen, HD television set faced the opposite side of the couches. A silver carpet covered the floor. A glass table stood in front of the two seats and there were presents, refreshments and an ice-cream cake sitting on the tabletop. Colorful streamers and balloons hung from the walls.

You gasped in surprise at the room.

" You...you guys did this...for me??? ", you asked your best friend, Hyun-Ae.

" Yep! Do you like it? "

" I love it! Kamsahamnida, everyone! ", you squealed, clapping your hands in delight. You hugged your friends as thanks.

" Yah! What about me, yeobo? ", Eunhyuk asked with puppy eyes as he clutched the monkey.

" Haha! Of course I haven't forgotten about you, pabo! ", you laughed as you hugged your oppa tightly.

" Pa--pabo!? Yaaah! ", Eunhyuk whined, making bigger puppy eyes, as he hugged you.

You laughed as you hugged him tighter. He also laughed and hugged you back.

" Okay, you two! ", Hyun-Ae said impatiently.  " Now, how bout we start the party now? ".

Everyone laughed and the party began...
--------

The whole night long, all of you talked, laughed, ate and saw funny videos of yourselves on TV.

One funny video was when one of your friends, Choi Hyuk Lee, and Hyun-Ae sprayed two of your friends, Cho Min Ji and Park Donghee, with water guns while Donghee was in the middle of asking Min Ji to go on a date with him!

Everyone laughed at those funny moments.

--------

Finally at 10:45 PM, Hyun-Ae stood up and pestered you to open your gifts.

You opened your present from Hyuk Lee. It was a bag full of different cosmetics and perfumes. His card read: " Happy 19th Birthday, ________-ah! Best wishes! ".
You smiled and hugged Hyuk Lee as thanks.

Hyun-Ae's present was a stylish handbag. It had emerald green jewels patterned in the shape of a heart and silver words stitched beneath the heart.
The words read:  " Best Friend In The World ".
Her card read:  " I made this bag for you. Took me 2 long hours! Hope you like it! Happy Belated Birthday! :) "
You gasped and turned to Hyun-Ae, who was shifting her foot nervously, and hugged her.

Min Ji's present was a pretty necklace that had your name imprinted on crystal beads threaded on a silver chain.
Her card read:  " Happy Birthday, ________-ah! Hope you like the necklace! ^.^ "
You turned to Min Ji and thanked her.

Donghee's present was a sky blue photo frame decorated with seashells around the edges.
His card read:  " Happy Birthday, ________! I bought it and made a few changes to it! Hehe, hope you love it! "
You thanked Donghee and gave him a hug, only to get a death glare from Min Ji.

--------

When everyone had gone home, Eunhyuk walked you home. He smiled at you and kissed your head gently. You smiled back and kissed him on the cheek.

When the both of you had reached your house, he gave you the monkey and said, " Happy Birthday, yeobo! ".

You took the monkey and thanked him. You kissed his lips softly and he whined.

" Yah, so short? I want another kiss, please???? ", he begged, kneeling on the ground and creating puppy eyes.

" Haha! Okay, Hyukkie oppa! ", you giggled and kissed him.

He your hair as he held you close to him. He kissed you deeply and lovingly.

" Saranghae, ________-ah. "

" Saranghae, oppa. You're the joy in my life. "

" You're the music that fills my heart.... "

The both of you smiled at each other and kissed each other deeply....