I Fell In Love With A Nerd

Love, Blood And Tears
You were talking to your best friend, Park Kyoung Ji , when you heard mocking, laughing and crying outside your class. You and Kyoung Ji looked out and saw a boy being bullied by 2 boys and 3 girls.
The boy who was being bullied was slightly plump and he had glasses on. His face and arms were covered with bruises and scratches.

You asked Kyoung Ji  who was that boy who was being mistreated.

" That's Shin Donghee or better known as Shindong. He's the teachers'  pet, because he is the best student and the teachers like him a lot. Everyone bullies him, because they're jealous of him. No one bothers to help him. ", Kyoung Ji  replied, slightly angry at the bullies.

You dashed to the group who were using one of the boys'  belt as a whip to hit Shindong. Just as one of the boys brought the whip down onto Shindong, you rushed forward and shielded him with your arms. The belt slashed your arm and a thin, long line of blood formed slowly

The boy looked horrified and surprised at first, but he regained his composure.

" Oi, who are you and why are you shielding this fatty?! Get away! ", the boy snapped rather rudely.

" Aww, the fat pig is crying! ", one of the girls mocked in false sympathy. The other girls laughed wickedly.

" Why? You like this idiot, girl? ", one of the boys asked mockingly.

At these horrid names, you were angry and shocked. How could people be so cruel to anyone?

" Now move and let us deal with this fat fool here, girl. Move now. ", the boy with the whip said.

At this, you walked up to the boy and gave him a powerful slap that sent him sprawling to the floor. He fell onto the floor with a shocked look on his face and a red, throbbing cheek.

Another girl walked up to you and tried to punch you, but you ducked just in time. You quickly grabbed her fist and used it to punch her own self. The girl fell to the floor with a slight scratch on her face.

" Don't bully this boy again or I'll report you all to the teachers! ", you glared at the bullies as you made your statement.

The bullies ran off in fear and you turned your attention to Shindong, who was sitting near the lockers and crying softly.

You slowly walked up to the boy and said comfortingly, " Hey, are you okay? The bullies are gone now. You're alright. ".

The boy looked up at you with teary eyes and stuttered, " Th--tha--thank you for...for saving me...sniff...they've been doing this to me, ever since...sniff, sniff...I've entered this school. ".

You looked at the boy and said, " Do you have any friends? ".

The boy shook his head and said sadly, " No. Nobody wants to be my friend. ".

You smiled at him and said, " I'll be your friend. ".

The boy stopped crying and looked at you like as if he couldn't believe his ears. He slowly looked at you and gasped out, " Re--really?? ".

You nodded your head and helped him up to his feet.

" I'm ________. What's your name? "

" I'm Shin Donghee, but please call me Shindong. "

" Shindong...I like that name. ", you smiled.

" Really?? Thank you, ________. ", he smiled back.

" Come, let's clean your wounds. "

" Okay. "

* * * * *
15 years later, you were all grown up and had a job as a dress designer.

You had just finished work and decided to have an early evening. So, you decided to go home.

Along the way, you bumped into a guy who was walking by.

" OUCH! Watch where you're going! "

" Sorry, I didn't see you. I-- "

You and the guy stopped in mid-sentence as you looked into each other's eyes.
One saw a man who was slightly plump and had glasses on.
Another saw a beautiful lady with a slender figure and beautiful eyes and a pretty face.

" Shi--Shindong...? Is that really you? "

" ________...? Is that you? Really and truly you?? "

The two of you hugged each other and talked with one another about how each of you have been the past 15 years.

Shindong fiddled with something in his pockets and blushed.

" ________-ah, can I ask you two things? "

" Yes, Shindong-sshi? "

" First, do you really love me for who I am? "

" Yes, I do and you are perfect the way you are. I'll never ask you to change. "

" Wow...and secondly.... "

He got down on one knee in front of you and took out a red box from his pocket. He opened it to reveal a golden ring that gleamed in the evening sun.

" ________,...will you be my one and only love in my life? "

You gasped and hugged Shindong. He was surprised and hugged you back.

" Yes, Shindong oppa. I will. "

" That's...surprising, because I never thought that anyone as beautiful as you will fall in love with a nerd like me! "

" True and sincere love comes from the heart. Real beauty comes from the inside. You don't judge a person from the outside. You judge them based on their actions. You may be nerdy, but you are a wonderful person inside. "

" You're right. Saranghae, ________-ah. "

" Saranghae, oppa. "

" Now, let's go pick out a white dress from your collection for our big day! "

" Okay, oppa! "

" Make it a pretty one, ah? You don't want a dress that makes you look fat, right? "

" Hey! You're so naughty, yeobo! "

" Hahaha! "