My Heaven On Earth

Love, Blood And Tears
You were reading your favourite magazine and listening to your music at home, when your phone buzzed. You got a text message! You picked up your phone and squealed in delight: it was your boyfriend, Kim Ryeowook! You began to message him back:

 

- Maknae237 -

- Hey, how are you, yeobo?

 

- CutePanda^^ -

- Hi! I'm fine, aein! What are you doing now?

 

- Maknae237 -

- Thinking about you :)

 

- Cute Panda^^ -

- AIGOO, so sweet!!!! =^.^=

 

- Maknae237 -

- Haha! Anyway, do you wanna meet up with me later for dinner? I've written my very first poem for you and I wanna show it to you! ^^

 

- Cute Panda^^ -

- Really?? That's so sweet of you, Wookie oppa! Sure, I'd love to meet up with you! Where do we meet?

 

- Maknae237 -

- At the park at 7:30 PM, okay?

 

- CutePanda^^ -

- Okay, yeobo! Saranghae!

 

- Maknae237 -

- Saranghae! See you later!

 

END OF TEXT



You sighed happily as you switched off your phone. You glanced at the clock by your bedside. It was 5:30PM.

" 2 more hours till I see Wookie oppa...ahhh....oppa, how I love you... "

* * * * *

Ryeowook walked slowly to the park as he held a white envelope in his hands. He the envelope and sighed happily.

" _______-ah, how I love you....I hope you love this poem... ", he thought as he stared into the deep blue sky.

Suddenly, a car came skidding into him after it lost control. That was the first and last time he ever said the word . The car slammed into him and the impact sent him flying 3 metres into the park.

He lay in the grass, bleeding as he felt his grip on the envelope weaken. His vision blurred as darkness began to overtake him.

" Won't...let...go...________-ah....I'm....mianhae...I don't think...this promise to see you....can be fulfilled...saranghae... ", Ryeowook thought as his eyes closed slowly.

* * * * *

You just walked out of the bathroom drying your damp hair and you looked at your clock. It read 7:04 PM.

" Aish! Only 26 minutes to get to the park! I better hurry or I'll be late for my date with oppa! ", you thought in shock.

You quickly slipped on a baggy pair of jeans, a blue shirt that said  ' Saranghae Forever ' and a pair of red sneakers. Then, you snatched up your phone and ran out the door and to the park.

" Omigawd, I hope I'm not late! Please let me not be late! Please, please, please--! ", you stopped in mid-sentence when you saw a crowd in the park. You heard murmurs of:

" Omo, he's unconscious! Call the ambulance! "

" Get some first aid! "

" Hurry up or he'll bleed to death! "

Sensing a bad feeling tingling up your spine, you rushed towards the crowd and pushed your way through. As you got closer to the center, you gasped in horror as you saw the person lying down in the middle of the circle: it was Ryeowook!

You pushed your way to the center and screamed, " Oppa? Oppa! Oppa, are you alive?! Please answer me! ".

Ryeowook whispered something softly.

" ________-ah....mianhae...I wish I could keep our promise, but....I can't...I'm such a horrible oppa to you... "

" Don't talk such things, oppa. You'll be alright. We're together now and everything's gonna be okay. ", you whispered.

Suddenly, you heard the wail of an ambulance as it arrived. Ryeowook was taken up on a stretcher and into the waiting vehicle. You followed in a taxi to the hospital.

* * * * *

A couple of hours later, you were allowed to see Ryeowook in his room. You thanked the nurse and quietly stepped in. The door was shut and you were left with Ryeowook. You approached the bed softly and sat down beside him. He was lying on the bed and you softly cried at seeing him.

He had bandages on his arms and around his chest, smaller bandages on his cheeks and head and he was breathing feebly through an oxygen mask. Every hoarse breath he took shattered your heart as you thought this one thought, " Oppa, please don't leave me... ".

15 minutes later, his eyelids fluttered open slowly and he saw you looking at him with teary eyes.

" Hello, yeobo... ", he whispered, smiling slightly.

" Hello, oppa... ", you sniffed.

" Don't cry, please. I hate seeing you sad. "

" How can I control myself when my oppa is in the hospital? It breaks my heart. "

" I'm so sorry...I'm a lousy oppa... "

" It's not your fault you're hurt. You're not a lousy oppa. "

" If this didn't happen, we would be enjoying ourselves now... "

" But at least, I'm here with you now. "

" That reminds me...I wanna show you the poem. "

" Oppa, I don't think this is the right time-- "

" Please? Just...let me show it to you. "

" But-- "

" Please? "

You paused for a while as you stared into his pleading eyes.

" Okay, oppa. ", you sighed.  " You can show me your poem. "

Smiling, he reached from his bedside and pulled out a slightly dirty, white envelope. He gave it to you and watched you open it. You opened it slowly and took out the precious poem that your oppa so diligently wrote for you. You read it with tears forming in your eyes:

The sands of time have flown so swiftly by and brought us together with love.
 

I love you so affectionately that not even a sword could break the bond.
 

You love me so deeply that I felt love that I've never felt before in my entire life.
 

We've been together for so long that neither of us could count the years we've shared.
 

Even if I travelled away for eternity, you will always be in my heart and in my mind.
 

We are joined by a love so strong that not even a thousand bloodhounds could track it and not even a thousand swords could cut it.

 

I will never let your hand go till death do us part and I'll never forget you even if I tried.

 

You are my Heaven on Earth and I thank and love you for it.

 

Saranghae, ________-ah...

 

Kim Ryeowook, your yeobo who will love you dearly forever :)

 

You cried after you read the beautiful poem. You turned to face Ryeowook who was looking at you with half-closed eyes.

" Did you like it? "

" I loved it. It took my breath away completely. It's...beautiful, oppa. ", you sniffed, wiping away a tear.

He weakly reached out a hand to yours and held it tight. You grasped his hand back.

" I'm going to rest now, yeobo. "

" Okay, you need to rest and get better, oppa. Then, we can go out soon and-- "

" No, ________-ah. I meant rest...forever. "

You stopped short in surprise and sat down slowly in shock.

" But-- ", you spluttered in protest.  " But, oppa, there's so many things we haven't done together yet!  You can't leave me, just not yet! "
 
" Mianhae, ________-ah. Saranghae... ", he whispered with tears b in his eyes.

He heaved himself up painfully and kissed you gently for the very last time. Then, he lay back on his bed and fluttered his eyes shut slowly for the last time.

" Saranghae, ________-ah...my Heaven on Earth... ", was the very last words he said before he passed away with a serene smile on his lips. His hand that held yours tight went cold, but the grip never faltered ever. The heart monitor next to him sent a heart-crushing sound:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

You laid your head on your oppa's cold chest that no longer heaved up and down and sobbed your heart and soul out quietly.

You glanced at him for the very last time before the doctors and nurses came to take him away. You kissed his cold hand before it slowly slipped from yours as he was wheeled away behind doors that meant that you would never be with him again forever.

As you walked out of the hospital, you clutched the poem, his final parting gift,  to your beating heart. Memories of you and him flooded your brain as those wonderful thoughts rushed back to you.

" Oppa...saranghae. I'll never forget you even if I try, I promise. ", you thought as big tears flowed down your cheeks...