Why Did I Fall In Love With You

Love, Blood And Tears
HIGH SCHOOL

Henry and his friends were talking, when two new girls came in. One had glasses and a sweet face. The other had a beautiful face and gorgeous looks.

" Annyeonghaseyo! I'm ________. What's your name? ", the pretty one asked Henry as she took her seat next to him.

" H--Hen--Henry. ", he stuttered. He felt himself blushing.

" Well, Henry, it's nice to meet you! Wanna be chingus? ", she asked cheerfully.

" N--n--ne! ", he stuttered again.

________ laughed. Henry just laughed along; her laugh was infectious in a beaituful way. It was like a thousand bells jingling melodiously.

" I think we'll make wonderful friends. ", she answered.

" I hope we can be more than that one day in the future. ", Henry thought.

*****
Days went by. Henry and ________ have become close friends. ________ thinks of Henry as a charming friend, but Henry thinks of her as something precious to him.

He wishes that he and ________ could be something more.


UNIVERSITY [Graduation Day ]

On Graduation Day, Henry, ________ and their friends have finished studying in their university and have graduated. Everyone is happy.

________ turns to Henry after they have congratulated their friends. She hugs Henry and congratulates him.

" Congratulations, Henry! I'm so happy for you too! I hope we can keep in touch with each other in the near future. ", she said as she patted his back.

Henry hugs her back, but he wishes that he didn't have to go. He wishes that he and ________ could stay like this together forever.

" ________, I wish we could be like this forever. I don't want you to let go. ", he thinks.

But they all parted and went their ways with promises to keep in touch with one another.


10 YEARS LATER ON A BRIDGE...

Henry stood on the bridge, listening to the sounds of cars in the distance, watching the stars twinkle in the distance and feeling the night breeze in his face.

" It's been a while, Henry. ", says a sweet voice.

He turns around and sees ________ walking towards him.

" ________-ah! "

" Annyeong, Henry. ", she smiled.

" Annyeong, ________-ah. It has been a while since we had last spoken. How are you? ", he asked as he shook her hand.

" I'm doing just fine. How about you? ", she answered as she shook his hand back.

" I'm good. ", he replied.

" That's good to hear. ", ________ smiled.

After that, awkwardness filled the air. Between the two of them was silence, until ________ spoke.

" Henry, I....am getting married. ", she said nervously.

When Henry heard that, his heart broke right there. He felt tears well up in his eyes, but he held them back.

" You must be happy then. ", was all he replied as he forced a smile.

________ looked stunned for a second, but she cracked a tiny smile and nodded. Then, she hesistated, turned around and walked off without saying goodbye.

Henry watched her walk off and quietly shed a tear. Then, he walked off.

________ walked all the way to the end of the bridge and turned around. She looked at Henry walk off and she stood there. She waited for him. She expected him to turn around and come back for her, just like a drama where the man comes running back to the woman and confesses his feelings for her at the very last moment.

But Henry just kept walking on without taking a look back behind him.

________ just stared at him.

" Turn around. Come back. Say you love me. ", she thought.

" Stop. Turn around. Run to me. Say you love me. ", Henry thought as he kept walking.

But neither made their move nor did their thoughts come true.

" Good-bye, Henry... ", ________ whispered softly.


ON YOUR WEDDING DAY...

________'s father took your hand and led you down the wedding aisle. The two of them approached the pulpit and ________ looked into her husband's happy eyes through her wedding veil.

As ________'s soon-to-be husband lifted off her veil, she caught sight of Henry from the corner of her eye. Her heart ached as she remembered that night. But she mentally shook the memory out of her head and focused on her wedding.

After the pastor proclaimed the couple husband and wife, ________'s husband led her down the church's steps where all of the guests threw rose petals over the newlyweds.

________ could hear nothing, but the claps and the happy sounds of congratulations. Then, she saw Henry on one side of the steps.

His face portrayed no emotion, only sadness. But he faked a smile as he threw a handful of petals on her and her husband.

As ________ and her husband walked down to their car, she cast one last glance at Henry before the doors closed and the car drove away.

" Good-bye, Henry. I'm sorry... ", thought ________ as she leaned in the back seat.

" Good-bye, ________-ah. The man you've married is very blessed to have you as his wife. I prat that you'll be happy forever. Saranghae... ", thought Henry as a tear slid down his cheek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4A468sNTU&feature=related

DBSK's Why Did I Fall In Love With You is the link above. It's such a beautiful, sad song. Perfect song for this story :)

Hi there! Just to let you guys know, whenever I'm not done with a chapter, I put " (mianhae,will update later! ^^) " to show that I'll update the chapter later. Thank you for your attention! :)