Friendship

Love, Blood And Tears
This one-shot that I'm about to write here is inspired by a friend who gave me the outline.
To my friend, if you are reading this, I thank you once again from the bottom of my heart.
- sujurockz4ever97


There were two good friends, ________-ah and Kangin. Kangin would follow ________-ah wherever she goes because he really cared for her. Her parents trust Kangin to take care of ________-ah, because he had always been there for her when she needed him.

How, you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

1) Whenever she goes out shopping or anywhere, he is always there with her to look after her.

2) Whenever ________-ah has a problem, Kangin is always there to help her.

3) Whenever she is sad, Kangin is always there to comfort her.

In other words, Kangin is sort of like her guardian angel. What ________-ah doesn't know is that Kangin secretly has feelings for her. And what Kangin doesn't know that ________ has a little bit of feelings for him too.

ONE DAY...

Kangin and ________ were walking in the park. They were talking and laughing like the best of friends.

Just then, ________ sees some guy friends of hers. She runs over to them and says hi. Kangin is very angry seeing ________ with other guys, because he wants to be the only guy in her life.

The only one closest to her.

Her one and only.

The one who she can call her own.

When ________ had finished talking to her friends, she ran back to him. She noticed Kangin's anger and hurt in his eyes.

" Kangin oppa? Oppa, please don't be angry. They're just friends. ", said ________.

Kangin's anger calmed down when she said that. He loved it when she called him oppa.

" Okay, princess. ", he smiled.

" Shall we go back now? Umma and appa are expecting me home by now. ", asked ________.

" Arasso. Come here. ", said Kangin as he got down on his knees.

" Oh, oppa! I can't! I'm wearing a dress! ", exclaimed ________.

" It's okay. Come on, ________-ah. ", he smiled.

Reluctantly, ________ got on Kangin's back for a piggy back ride and pouted all the way back home. But secretly, she enjoyed the ride.

When they got home, ________ slid off Kangin's back.

" Kamsahamnida, Kangin. I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you to accompany me out. "

" It's okay, my darling. I'll see you tommorow, arasso? "

" Arasso, oppa. See you tommorow. "

" I wish we could be like this forever, except with you as my girl. ", Kangin thought as he walked home under the starry night.

Back at his small apartment in his bedroom, Kangin lay down on his bed and stared monotonously at the ceiling. He was thinking of how to confess to ________.

" I really wanna tell ________-ah that I love her, but how? C'mon, Kangin! Think, think, think! Hmm....aish! I can't think of anything! Sigh....I'll have to think of something tommorow. "

With that, he fell asleep.

*****
The next day, Kangin went to ________'s house. But when he got there, there was another guy outside the door with ________. Kangin was angry and hurt inside. He wondered whether he should go back home or just walk over to ________ and say hi like as if nothing had happened.

But before he could make a decision, ________ came up to him.

" Hi, Kangin oppa! ", she smiled as she hugged him.

" ________-ah, can I talk with you privately, please? ", he asked, gently pushing her away.

" Oh, sure, oppa. ", ________ answered, but she was confused at why Kangin didn't return her friendship hug.

They went to the park without a word to each other. When they reached the park, Kangin turned to face ________.

" What did you want to talk to me about, Kangin oppa? ", asked ________.

" I...I don't know how to say this, but...but I want to be your only g...guy f...fr...friend. ", Kangin stuttered.

" What's wrong with me talking to other guys? "

" Nothing, but I...I just wanna be like the only close guy to you. "

" That's like narrowing down my guy friends, you know. "

" But, ________-ah-- "

" I don't see anything wrong with me being around other boys who are my friends too, you know! You're being too overprotective of me, Kangin! "

" ________-ah, will you just listen--! "

" No, you listen! You're always having something against me having other guy friends! You're treating me like some little baby! "

" ________-ah, I-- "

" Just let me live my life with other people! I....I...you... "

" I...you what? Huh? C'mon, say it! "

" I don't trust you anymore! "

Hearing those words, Kangin took a step back. Tears filled his eyes.

" ________-ah... "

" Just...just get out of my life! Leave me alone and get your own life! "

________ pushed Kangin and he fell down with tears streaming down his cheeks. He looked at her. Tears glistened in her eyes.

" ________-ah...I-- "

" Just leave me alone, Kangin! Just...just leave me alone. "

And with that, ________ ran off, crying. Kangin was left on the ground, sobbing quietly. There was nothing he could do, but turn around and go home.

*****
For 6 months, Kangin and ________ never made contact with each other after their arguement. Kangin suffered miserably both literally and figuratively.

He drank spirits to down his sorrow, only to make himself sicker. After drinking, he would feel dizzy and just throw up uncontrollably.

He hadn't taken a shower in weeks, he didn't eat for days and he stayed in his room for god knows how long. The only thing he could think of was ________ and he felt awful for arguing with her, the most important person in his life.

He took counselling from pastors in his church for advice, he prayed repeatedly to God to ask Him for His help on how to restore his friendship with ________.

One day, when Kangin saw ________ in the park alone, he walked up to her. She was sitting up on the park bench with her legs tucked up to her chest and she was crying bitterly. When she looked up, their eyes met.

Silence filled the atmosphere between them. ________ stood up and looked at Kangin directly in the eye. Neither person spoke a single word to each other.

Then, Kangin's voice broke the silence.

" ________-ah... "

________ just looked at Kangin with red eyes. She had been crying a lot.

" ________-ah, I...I just want to say....I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I've hurt you terribly, if I've been overprotective of you, if I had scarred your soul...I'm sorry... "

________ didn't say anything. She just stared at Kangin emotionlessly.

" I...I just want to say that....that I want to be friends with you again. We've been friends since childhood and I don't want to suddenly break our friendship over stupid matters. Please, ________-ah... "

________ suddenly hugged Kangin and he heard her sobbing. Kangin hugged her back with tears flowing down his cheeks as well.

" Kangin oppa....mianhae...it's also my fault...I'm so sorry... "

" It's not entirely your fault, princess. I've been stupid as well... "

" Chingus again? ", she asked.

" Chingus again. ", he promised.

*****
From that day, Kangin and ________ restarted their friendship anew. But will they fall out again and, possibly, never be friends ever again?

Well, that depends on the choices they make.