BSJ's Day Off

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

397830_518077121583523_1446530171_n.jpg

Baek SeungJo

You’re cute. Every now and then.

There are also times when you’re beautiful. From time to time.

But… Why do I like you?

You’re not that pretty and you’re only cute now and then.

Why would I always miss you?

You… What did you do to me?

 

~

 

“Aish, forever stubborn and clumsy Oh HaNi” I sighed as I closed the bedroom door behind me.

 

I rubbed my eyes and dropped back into bed, I’m just so tired these days.

 

There’s been endless surgeries to perform at the hospital, and after that I have previous patients to look after and papers to write.

 

There just aren’t enough hours in a day!

 

The previous week I had only been home once, and that was to find a change of clothes and fetch some paperwork.

 

I didn’t get to see HaNi for the whole week. Inside I was aching, not being able to see her. I was only able to see glimpses of her at the hospital, however at those times when she smiled her heartbreaking smile, I didn’t even have the energy to acknowledge her.

 

As I walked away I could sense her sad and disappointed expression on her face. It hurt so much for me to see her like that.

 

I pulled the covers over me and tried to go back to sleep.

 

Today was my day off from the hospital, so I might as well catch up on some sleep.

 

I closed my eyes and tried to relax, but something felt wrong.

 

The bed felt too big and empty without HaNi here with me. Without her peaceful yet still smiling face centimeters from my own.

 

I reached out with a hand over to HaNi’s side of the bed, it was cold.

 

I sighed and nuzzled into her pillow, it still had the faint scent of her. Sweet and floral.

 

Her scent was agonizingly attractive. However, when matched up with her actual clumsy person…

 

I shook my head in laughter.

 

This was not the first time she had dropped something on the way to the bathroom.

 

I remember last time’s encounter as clearly as if it was yesterday. Prodigy Baek SeungJo doesn’t forget things that easily.

 

Oh HaNi’s elementary kid’s body. I chuckled to myself.

 

I pulled the blankets in close, with my face nuzzled into HaNi’s pillow, I tried to sleep.

 

~

 

I sighed, this isn’t working. I can’t sleep when Oh HaNi isn’t here.

 

Oh HaNi what have you done to me?

 

I picked myself up from the bed and trudged towards the bathroom. I looked at the wall clock on the opposite side of the room.

 

It was only 9:30am.

 

There goes my plan on sleeping in.

 

I opened the door and was greeted by a bright flash of light.

 

I looked up shocked, there was mother standing there with her new big white camera pointing directly at my face.

 

“MOTHER!” I yelled, as I lunged for the camera.

 

However, she jumped away onto the couch just out of my reach. For a woman who has already had 2 kids she sure can jump.

 

“Baek SeungJo, don’t you dare touch this camera! It’s new!” scolded mother.

 

“Mother, then why do you have to take a photo of me first thing in the morning?!” I asked annoyed.

 

“Because I haven’t updated my blog in ages! Since you and HaNi got back from your honeymoon and you guys started working at the hospital, you two have hardly ever gotten alone time as a couple together! My blog fans need entertainment! Since you guys aren’t going to be together, then I thought I might as well get some funny pictures of you instead.” Mother giggled.

 

“Mother!” I groaned and held my hands to my face incase she took any more photos.

 

I began to walk towards the bathroom when mother grabbed my arm, “Wait! Come and talk to me for a second, I need to ask you something” she whispered as she pulled me over to the couch and sat me down.

 

“What?” I asked, “Can’t it wait until after I’ve changed and brushed my teeth?” I groaned.

 

“No. I need to know now!” said mother urgently.

 

“Fine, what is it?” I asked not interested.

 

She took a deep breathe and said, “Who is it that EunJo has a crush on?”.

 

I stared at her shocked. EunJo?!

 

“Bwoh?! Mother, you can’t be serious, EunJo is only in elementary school” I said.

 

“No! I’m serious, me and HaNi caught him putting gel in his hair this morning for school” said mother, tapping her chin in thought.

 

I sighed. EunJo-ah be careful. Since me and HaNi are finally together mother has changed targets and moved on.

 

“Well I don’t know who it is.” I said lamely standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

 

“Baek SeungJo!” mother called after me, but I ignored her.

 

I swiftly locked the door behind me before mother could come and drag me away again.

 

I walked over to the sink in front of the mirror. I grabbed my toothbrush, squeezed out some toothpaste and began brushing my teeth.

 

Suddenly something caught my eye underneath the bench, I bent over and picked it up.

 

It was a bottle of hair gel. I’ve never seen this before… the price tag was still on it, 6000 won. Hmm…

 

~

 

“Hyung!” called EunJo from his room.

 

How did he know I was here? The whole house was asleep, the door to me and HaNi’s room was closed, but EunJo’s was open.

 

I turned around to find EunJo standing in the doorway in his pajamas with a serious look on his face.

 

“Hyung, you haven’t been home in days.” Said EunJo matter-of-factly.

 

“Umm… yes, Hyung is sorry, it’s just been hectic at the hospital these days” I sighed.

 

EunJo walked over and sat down on the couch outside our rooms.

 

I followed him and sat down next to him.

 

“Hyung, when you were away Oh HaNi has gotten more and more annoying” EunJo grumbled.

 

I chuckled, “Really? In what way?”

 

A million different possible scenarios of HaNi and EunJo fighting flashed through my mind. I bit back a laugh.

 

“She keeps on trying to put on a fake smile and be all happy, when in real fact she’s really depressed. When she does that she always comes and annoys me while I’m doing my homework or playing with friends. She also ruffles me hair even more. I don’t like it” said EunJo crossing his arms and pouting.

 

“Depressed? Why?” I asked surprised.

 

I imagined HaNi’s bright smile at the hospital talking to fellow doctors and nurses, and her caring heart as she treats patients. How can she be depressed?

 

“Aish Hyung… your suppose to have an IQ of 200! How can you not figure this out?!” said EunJo.

 

I just stared at him not saying anything.

 

“Aish…Spending so much time with Oh HaNi has decreased your intelligence hyung” tsked EunJo shaking his head.

 

I laughed.

 

“It’s because she misses you!” said EunJo finally.

 

“Misses me?” I asked surprised.

 

“Yes! You just don’t understand her feelings, do you hyung.” EunJo sighed shaking his head. “For once I actually feel sorry for sister-in-law”

 

“Umm… I don’t know” I mumbled.

 

“Well hyung, you really should come home more often. That way you will make Oh HaNi feel better. Also that way mum will get off my back.” Said EunJo.

 

“Okay I will try to” I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

 

EunJo smiled and stood up ready to walk away.

 

“Oh yeah, Hyung?” he turned around to face me.

 

“Yes?” I asked.

 

“Umm… C-Could I borrow umm... 6000won?” he stuttered.

 

“Sure, but what for?” I asked pulling out my wallet from my back pocket, pulling out 6000 won and handing it to him.

 

“Umm…Some-“ whispered EunJo before grabbing the bills out of my hands and running hastily back to his room.

 

I never heard the end of his sentence.

 

~

 

I sighed and placed the bottle on EunJo’s rack in the bathroom.

 

Little boy, what is he up to now?

 

I finished brushing my teeth and spat the excess into the sink. I washed my face and ruffled my hair into place.

 

I walked back to me and HaNi’s bedroom and changed into appropriate attire for the day. I haven’t worn my own clothing in ages, I’ve spent most of my time in doctor uniform.

 

It’s nice to be back in my comfort zone.

 

I went over and made the bed, straightening the pillows and smoothing out the blanket.

 

When I was done I headed downstairs.

 

Mother was sitting at the dining table with her laptop out in front of her and her camera connected to it.

 

I sighed. Blogging again.

 

She better not post that picture of me from before…

 

I walked past her and into the kitchen to find something to eat. I opened the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk. I poured some into a glass cup sitting on the bench top.

 

There was a packet of bread on the table so I grabbed two from inside and put it in the toaster. While they cooked I went to the cupboard to get some jam.

 

Once the toast was done I pulled them out onto a plate and brought my breakfast over to the table to eat.

 

Mother didn’t say anything at my poor breakfast preparation.

 

I started to spread the jam and grabbed some newspaper to read.

 

I took my first bite of the toast almost burning off my tongue. I breathed heavily through my mouth trying to cool down the toast while I tried to read the daily headlines.

 

“SeungJo-ah” said mother suddenly.

 

“Hn” I replied.

 

“Yah, is that anyway to talk to your mother?” she pouted.

 

I sighed and looked up from my newspaper, for an old woman she sure knows how to put on a cute face.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“Will you do me a favor?” she asked pushing her computer aside and leaning across the table to come face to face with me.

 

I pushed myself back as far as I would go in the chair staring wide-eyed at her.

 

“Umm… depends on what it is” I coughed.

 

“Will you pretty please with a cherry on top go and pick up EunJo from school today?” she asked batting her eyelashes.

 

“Why?” I asked, normally EunJo comes home by himself, why suddenly want me to pick him up today?

 

“Umm… just because me and your father are going out tonight and coming home late, I would like it if you took EunJo and HaNi out to dinner” smiled mother.

 

I picked up my toast from my plate and bit into my toast as I said, “But then EunJo can come home by himself first and also HaNi, then I can take both of them out for dinner”

 

Mother stopped.

 

I bit back a smile.

 

“B-But… EunJo is young so I want you guys to have dinner early, if its too early right after school, take him to the hospital or mall or someplace to play before you guys go eat.” Said mother.

 

I looked up at her with a bleak expression on my face.

 

She stared pleadingly back at me.

 

I sighed as I folded up my newspaper and placed it back on the table, “Fine, I’ll go pick him up today then”.

 

“YAY!” squealed mother as she jumped up from her chair and ran around the table to hug me.

 

Her arms wrapped around my head and pulled me into a suffocating embrace.

 

“Yah, yah, yah mother!” I yelled, trying to get away.

 

“I love you my precious son!” she squealed and squeezed even tighter.

 

I sighed and gave up. I just sat there with my mother hugging my head jumping up and down for the next 5 minutes.

 

~

 

I roamed around the house all day with nothing to do. Mother went out to socialize with friends, which left the whole house to myself.

 

I grabbed a book and sat down on the couch in me and HaNi’s room reading.

 

However I finished it within 2 hours. The disadvantages of being smart.

 

I decided to nap for a while so I went and lay face down flat on the bad, arms and feet dangling off the edges.

 

I swung my hands back and forth unconsciously, accidently hitting HaNi’s bedside table.

 

To be honest, I have never looked closely at my wife’s side of the bed. I have always given her, her personal space.

 

I curiously opened the top draw of her bedside table. Inside was not what I expected.

 

Neatly laid inside was everything that I had ever given to her.

 

There was the teddy bear that I won with the claw, our graduation photo, ‘couple’ t-shirt from out first ‘date’, study notes etc.

 

However, what caught my attention was, on the very top was a bright yellow letter. I smiled at the vague memory.

 

I pulled it out and my back to read it easily. I carefully opened the letter and pulled out the pieces of paper.

 

In big red writing on the side was written ‘D-‘. I chuckled.

 

I read through the letter over and over again smiling at Oh HaNi’s mistakes. Third year high school and still she writes like an elementary kid.

 

However deep inside me I started to feel a little guilty. How harsh was I back in high school.

 

Even so Oh HaNi stuck up with me till the end. I never paid any attention to her and always acted so cold and harsh.

 

I sighed.

 

But this is what I like about her, her ability to keep going when everyone else has already given up. Her endless happiness is contagious and her bright smiles in the darkest of nights.

 

This is the Oh HaNi I love.

 

I held the letter close to my chest.

 

Oh HaNi, I will heal every cut and bruise I caused with endless happiness.

 

But me, Baek SeungJo cannot show my affection towards you openly enough. I will work hard to show you my love, because you are the one for me, the only one for me.

 

Oh HaNi, I love you.

 

~~~

 

HELLLO PEEEPSS!!!

 

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE SUBS!!! LOVE YOU ALLLL <3

 

HMM BAEK SEUNGJO’S POV XD WHICH ONE YOU GUYS LIKE BETTER?

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME CHAPS! ANNYEONG! XOXO