EunJo's Secret

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

856d8016b2ed9d89c3fd78b.jpg

Baek SeungJo

You’re cute. Every now and then.

There are also times when you’re beautiful. From time to time.

But… Why do I like you?

You’re not that pretty and you’re only cute now and then.

Why would I always miss you?

You… What did you do to me?

 

~

 

To Oh HaNi

 

Mother and father out tonight.

 Mother told me to take you and EunJo out for dinner instead of burning the house down.

Pick you up from the hospital at 5:30pm, alright?

 

I pressed send on my mobile and sat up on the bed.

 

I had fallen asleep for 3 hours and now its already 3:15pm. Time to go ‘pick up’ EunJo.

 

I stood up and turned around to straighten out the covers on the bed and fix the pillows.

 

I had accidently fallen asleep with the letter in my hand so it was slightly crumbled, but its okay, Oh HaNi won’t notice.

 

I straightened out the letter and put it back into the draw, right where I found it before closing up the draw.

 

I grabbed my car keys from the table and my wallet and headed out. Just before leaving the house I grabbed a long trench jacket from the hanger near the doorway on my way out and pulled on a pair of black converse shoes.

 

I swiftly locked the door behind me and made my way to my car parked out on the street outside the house gate.

 

The car is still the same car in which I had ‘borrowed’ from my father’s company previously. Since HaNi had liked it so much I had persuaded father to let me keep the car in return for my effort and success with the company.

 

Of course I never told her that though.

 

I jumped in my car, started the engine and made my way to EunJo’s school.

 

~

 

EunJo’s school is actually only 5 min drive from home, it was pathetic asking me to come and pick him up.

 

But mothers will always be mothers. I sighed.

 

There were many parents gathering at the entrance of the primary school so I decided to park a block away and walk there instead.

 

I jumped out of the car and walked towards the primary school.

 

As I was walking my phone beeped in my pocket, I pulled it out to check what it was.

 

From Oh HaNi

 

Okay!

Can’t wait till tonight!

I’ll be waiting for you at 5:30 sharp!

Love You Hubby! <3

xoxo

 

I couldn’t help but chuckle at her cute text message. I was grinning foolishly from ear to ear as I walked into the school.

 

As soon as I got closer to the school other parents were giving me a weird look, the smile on my face disappeared.

 

So embarrassing!

 

I kept my head down all the way I walked through the school.

 

I made my way to the synthetic turf made soccer pitch to watch some little kids have sport class. I tucked my hands into my pockets and sat down on the bleachers facing the field.

 

I checked my watch; it was 3:40pm, 5 more minutes until EunJo will be let out of class.

 

I sighed and leaned back onto the bench behind me and closed my eyes.

 

Ahhh, this felt nice, the cool autumn wind blowing on my face, the smell of trees and flowers and the faint sound of young kids playing on the soccer field.

 

“YAH HYUNG!!!”

 

I jolted awake, only to find my little brother standing right in front of me in his sports uniform all sweaty and puffing with his arms crossed across his chest staring at me with a grouchy expression.

 

“Oh! EunJo-ah, sorry I must’ve dozed off,” I said shaking my head and rubbing my eyes.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” asked EunJo with his arms still crossed tightly over his chest.

 

“Oh, mother told me to come pick you up today, she and father are going out tonight so we have to go out for dinner before Oh HaNi burns the house down” I said with a straight expression on my face.

 

EunJo sighed.

 

“EunJo-ah! Are you coming back to the main building with us or are you getting picked up?” yelled a teacher suddenly from across the field.

 

“Oh, teacher, I will just leave now, this is my brother he’s come to pick me up!” EunJo yelled back motioning towards me.

 

The teacher waved his hand to show he understood and EunJo bowed respectively to him.

 

EunJo turned back to me, “Hyung, I’ll just run over to the sports center to grab my bag then”

 

“Go ahead” I said.

 

I watched as EunJo jumped down from the bleachers and pelted full speed ahead towards the sports center.

 

I smiled and leant back in the bench.

 

“Umm… Excuse me” a soft voice said.

 

I sat up on the bench to come once again face to face with an elementary school student, however this time it wasn’t my brother, but it was a young girl.

 

The girl stood in front of me, like EunJo she was in her sports uniform and looked quite puffed out as well.

 

“Hello” I smiled back at her not wanting to be rude.

 

I saw her blush red and squirm in her standing position.

 

“What can I do for you?” I asked politely.

 

“Umm… I-I saw you t-talking with EunJo before, I was w-wondering what your r-relationship with him was” stuttered the girl.

 

Is that all she wanted to know? I smiled kindly at her, “I’m EunJo’s big brother”.

 

“Oh! Well… you look much older than him,” said the girl, getting more confident.

 

“Yes, we have quite a large ” I smiled at her.

 

“Umm… well you’re very good looking,” said the girl admiringly, swaying side to side, her piggy tails bouncing up and down.

 

I was concentrating on the young girl so much that I didn’t even notice EunJo come back.

 

“Yah Hyung, what are you doing?” asked EunJo from behind with a confused expression on his face.

 

“Oh! EunJo-ah,” I exclaimed standing up at the same time. “Are you ready to leave?”

 

“Yes, but…” he turned towards the little girl I was talking to, “MiHyun-ssi, why are you here…?”

 

“You know this girl?” I asked, “Are you two in the same class?”

 

Before EunJo could answer my question, MiHyun jumped forward and exclaimed, “Yes! We are in the same class”.

 

“Ahh… that’s cool” I said keeping my hands tucked tightly in my jacket. “So EunJo-ah ready to say goodbye to your friend? We have to go now”

 

EunJo turned towards MiHyun and bowed respectively towards MiHyun, his face growing red.

 

I tried to hold back a smile.

 

“G-Goodbye MiHyun-ssi, I w-will see you tomorrow-ow” he stuttered.

 

MiHyun nodded back at him slightly and faced towards me instead, “GoodBye Oppa!” and with that she jumped onto me and gave me a big hug. I fell backwards onto the bench again in shock. I didn’t hug back.

 

I saw EunJo’s eyes slowly change from warm to cold. The flush in his cheeks drained out and his hands balled into fists.

 

So this is ‘her’…

 

I gently pushed MiHyun out of my way and nodded curtly at her before I stalked off down the stairs and towards the gate of the school.

 

“Come on EunJo! Time to go!” I yelled, not turning back.

 

 

I heard EunJo’s rushed footsteps chase after me as I made my way out the school and to the car.

 

There were many parents staring and whispering at us. I sighed. They probably thought EunJo was my child.

 

We jumped in the car and soon were on our way.

 

“EunJo-ah, who is that girl?” I asked.

 

“I already told you, her name is MiHyun and she’s in my class,” said EunJo roughly.

 

“Right…” I said, not wanting to interfere with his life any more. “Where do you want to go now? We can go to the mall to shop or do you want to go to the hospital to visit NoRi?” I asked changing the subject.

 

“Hyung… are you sure if we go to the hospital we will go see NoRi? And you won’t go running off to see Oh HaNi will you?” teased EunJo.

 

I sighed with relief; EunJo was back to his normal self.

 

“Of course I won’t! I have to keep my promise to NoRi and remember to go tutor him! He is my student.” I laughed back.

 

EunJo laughed as well.

 

~

 

“So Nori-ah, ‘Han Woo Choong Dong’, ‘Han’ means sweaty, ‘Woo’ means cow so it means to make a cow sweat by pulling the wagon with the books, or to fill a house to the rafters with books, in other words, it means ‘an immense number of books’ I explained to NoRi, sitting next to his hospital bed.

 

I remember this 4 word saying the best as it was explained to HaNi on the first day she moved into our house. That day EunJo asked HaNi what it meant; she thought it was having the urge to eat Korean beef.

 

I shook my head and chuckled at the memory.

 

HaNi-ah, HaNi-ah… little idiot.

 

“SeungJo hyung, why are you laughing? Is there something funny about the saying?” asked NoRi innocently.

 

“No, no, no. Don’t worry about it.” I smiled at him and patted his head. “Shall we continue?” I asked.

 

“Yes!” exclaimed NoRi excitedly.

 

~

 

“BAEK SEUNGJO~!”

 

I turned around in shock to find my wife racing towards me in her nurse uniform down the hallway.

 

She launched herself onto me into a big hug.

 

“Yah! We’re in the hospital!” I said, gently setting her on her feet.

 

I looked around and saw many people were staring at us.

 

HaNi pouted and let her hands drop to her sides.

 

I smiled at her cute expression.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked looking up at me. “I thought you would be home resting? It’s not 5:30 yet.”

 

“Mother told me to go pick up EunJo, after that we came straight here to visit NoRi. We also have to keep you away from the house before you burn it down,” I half explained half teased.

 

“Burning the house down?!” squeaked HaNi clueless.

 

I looked at her matter-of-factly.

 

She stopped. “Yah!” she said and slapped my arm.

 

“What? Its true!” I said smiling.

 

“Baek SeungJo!” she yelled.

 

I cupped my hand around quickly. “Shhh! We’re in the hospital, you’ll disturb the patients,” I whispered.

 

HaNi tried wiggling away out of my grip, but I held her tight by putting my other arm around her shoulders and pulling her against my body. I then began pulling her towards the nurses’ office.

 

She struggled the whole way, and I would have succeeded if EunJo didn’t suddenly appear out of the corner and yell, “Yah! Hyung what are you doing?!”

 

I quickly let go of HaNi and turned to face EunJo.

 

“Umm… nothing, you go wait with NoRi, we’ll be right there…” I said embarrassed scratching my head.

 

HaNi stood embarrassed next to me.

 

“Aish, Hyung! Remember there are young not yet gone through puberty children here!” scolded EunJo. “I’ve told you more than once! Remmeber last time?!” shuddered EunJo making a face.

 

“Yes…” both HaNi and I responded with our heads bent low.

 

“Aish…” tutted EunJo before stalking off towards NoRi’s room.

 

Me and HaNi stared guiltily at each other.

 

“I guess I’ll go change now that my shift is over” said HaNi quietly, slipping into the nurses office.

 

“Okay, I’ll wait for you in the car park” I said.

 

“Okay!” smiled HaNi and disappeared into the office.

 

HaNi’s smile… it’s the sweetest thing on earth. My heart warmed up instantly.

 

I smiled giddily to myself as I walked to NoRi’s room to pick up EunJo.

 

~~~

 

HEEEYYY MY CHAPPS!!!

 

I know this chap may seem a little boring :/ but I promise it will get better! I have loads of ideas in my head, but I just need to link them all together and write them up! Sorry if I don’t update everyday :( but I will try my best!

 

HWAITING!!!

 NOTE: SORRRY MY PEEPS TT.TT I only just realised that I ACCIDENTELY changed the girls name from MiYeon to MiHyun halfway through! SORRYYY *bows head in shame* I've permenently changed her name to MiHyun now :) Ps. I was writing this chap late at night :( sorry! I will work harderrrr XD

Until next time, Annyeong!

 

xoxo