Tell Me The Truth

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

pk100.jpg

Oh HaNi

I think it’s a miracle for two people to like each other at the same time.

One day, will that miracle come true for me too?

 

~

 

I eyes felt heavy and groggy, in the distance I could hear the steady breathing of a few people.

 

The rumple of fabric against skin echoed around the room as someone fidgeted on my bed.

 

I groaned and rolled over, pressing my face into my pillow.

 

“HaNi-ah?” a soft voice whispered.

 

I forced my eyes open and was blinded momentarily by the bright light.

 

As my eyes adjusted to the bright light, 2 human figures came into view.

 

As my vision cleared I realized that they were mother and EunJo.

 

“HaNi-ah, are you okay?” asked mother worriedly as she edged close to me.

 

I nodded my head and rubbed my eyes sleepily.

 

I looked around the room and realized that I was at home in SeungJo and I’s room.

 

“Wasn’t I in the hospital?” I grumbled.

 

“You silly girl, how could Hyung leave you at work when you fainted?” said EunJo, who was sitting at the foot of my bed.

 

I looked at him confused.

 

“Fainted?” I asked, eyes wide open.

 

EunJo sighed and shook his head in defeat.

 

Mother looked at him with a wry smile, “Yes darling, you probably worked too hard, and you fainted. We’re sorry we couldn’t take good enough care of you.” She said and turned around to pull me into a hug.

 

I smiled and hugged her back.

 

“Now you mention it, I don’t feel tired at all now! After I nice long sleep I feel all energized.” I smiled at mother as I pulled away.

 

“That’s good,” sighed mother, looking relieved.

 

I noticed that EunJo let go of a long breath at the mention that I was okay.

 

I smiled to myself.

 

“Is there anything you want me to get you? A cup of tea? Some food? A cup of coffee?” asked mother, me head gently.

 

I thought over the offers, “Hmm, a cup of coffee sound good,” I said, my dry lips.

 

“Okay! A cup of coffee coming right up!” said mother, jumping up out of her seat and rushing towards the door.

 

“No,” a deep voice grunted.

 

All of us looked towards the source of the voice.

 

Nestled deep in the corner of the room was SeungJo. With my attension only focused on EunJo and mother I didn’t even notice his presence in the room!

 

His eyes were serious as he looked at mother.

 

“No coffee,” he said again with a serious tone.

 

I pouted.

 

“But SeungJ-“ I whined.

 

His eyes flashed towards me, “I said no”

 

My heart thudded, his cold eyes pierced me, however they looked tired and worried.

 

SeungJo looking genuinely worried, that’s a first.

 

“Baek SeungJo, just because HaNi is your wife, it doesn’t mean you can restrict her intake of beverages!” growled mother from the other side of the room.

 

However no one looked at her.

 

EunJo and I stared at SeungJo, while SeungJo’s eyes bored into me.

 

I began to worry, what is up with SeungJo? Is everything okay?

 

“SeungJo-ah,” I said shifting uncomfortably on the bed, “Is everything alright?” I asked softly.

 

“Hyung…” I heard EunJo say, also worried.

 

“When was your last menstrual cycle?” asked SeungJo in a serious tone.

 

My eyes widened in shock, the question caught me off guard.

 

My cheeks flamed red, how could he ask me that? Especially in front of other people!

 

“S-SeungJo-ah, w-why are y-you asking that?” I asked, embarrassed, self consciously shifting my weight on the bed.

 

I watched as the muscles in SeungJo’s neck tensed.

 

“SeungJo-ah, what’s wrong? You’re starting to scare me…” I whimpered, my voice cracking halfway.

 

SeungJo took a deep breath before replying, “You’re pregnant, aren’t you?”

 

I stared at him dumfounded.

 

The whole world zoned out, I couldn’t hear or feel mother squeal and rush over to the bed and hug me.

 

I didn’t notice EunJo exclaim in surprise and look at SeungJo with bright eyes.

 

My whole body was numb.

 

I sat there on the bed still processing the fact.

 

SeungJo rushed mother and EungJo out of the room, before slowly coming down to the bed sitting next to me.

 

He took my hands in his and gently using his thumbs, caressed the backs of my hands.

 

“HaNi-ah… HaNi-ah… HaNi-ah” he whispered patiently to me, shaking my hands gently.

 

After about 2 minutes I responded by looking up at him.

 

His eyes were no longer cold and serious, but gentle and calm.

 

He looked down at me with sincerity.

 

“Can you please answer the question I asked before? I can only make sure if you tell me.” he said, gripping my hands tightly.

 

I looked down at our entwined hands and thought back over the weeks.

 

I counted slowly in my head, careful not to make a mistake.

 

I froze.

 

“I-It was s-supposed to c-come last week…” I stuttered, looking up at his serious, but caring face.

 

Worry creased his face.

 

I bit down on my lower lip and my eyebrows pushed together.

 

SeungJo locked his eyes to mine and smiled gently, “We can go to the hospital tomorrow and make an appointment with a specialist to have a pregnancy test”.

 

I nodded.

 

SeungJo let go of my hands and cupped my face with his hands, “What’s wrong?” he asked, bending his head lower to meet mine.

 

I looked down from his face, still shell-shocked from the possibility of being pregnant.

 

“Are you scared?” asked SeungJo.

 

“I-I-…” I stuttered, not daring to look up him.

 

SeungJo gently lifted my face with his index finger to meet his eyes.

 

“To be honest…” SeungJo said and looked at me, “I’m actually quite worried…”

 

I stared at him quizzically.

 

He smiled slightly at my reaction before continuing, “Well, if our child turns out to be more like you than me… I’m going to have one heck of a fatherhood, looking after one Oh HaNi is already giving me enough grey hairs,” he smirked.

 

My face slowly molded into a cold hard glare.

 

Noticing my reaction SeungJo burst into a fit of laughter, rocking back and forth on the bed.

 

My hand immediately lifted to hit him on the shoulder, but his hand grabbed my wrist just before it came into contact.

 

He looked at me with mock serious eyes, “You know, this, “ pointing to my hand, “ is what leads to child abuse”.

 

 

My eyes widened in shock. How could he assume that I would physically abuse my own children?!

 

Some husband….

 

Sensing my distress, SeungJo let go of my hand and pulled my close into a tight embrace, “I was just kidding, don’t worry”, he whispered in my ear.

 

I sighed gently, letting myself relax in his tight embrace.

 

“I-I’m… Scare-d-d to become a m-mother,” I whispered against his shoulder.

 

SeungJo’s arms tightened around me, “Don’t worry, I know that you will be just fine, and if there’s any trouble, you will always have me”.

 

I smiled.

 

Yes, I will always have my SeungJo.

 

~

 

“Ms, Oh HaNi, I am delighted to inform you that you are 3 weeks pregnant.” Smiled the doctor from across the table.

 

A smiled stretched across my face, as the doctor slided a newly printed ultrasound across the table.

 

“This over here,” he said pointing to a black dot in the middle of the ultrasound, “Is your child”.

 

I leaned in close, my left hand tightly gripped in SeungJo’s, to take the first look at our child.

 

My right hand unconsciously touched my belly, my baby, SeungJo and I’s baby, was in there.

 

“Can we take this?” SeungJo suddenly asked, pointing to the ultrasound.

 

“Sure, it’s all yours,” The doctor said smiling warmly.

 

“Thank you,” said SeungJo.

 

“Now before you leave, remember to read this booklet carefully about a safe and healthy pregnancy, and remember your monthly checkups. These checkups are vital for a safe pregnancy,” said the doctor seriously.

 

Both SeungJo and I nodded in unison to the doctor’s words.

 

 We left the room, still hand in hand. I had the pregnancy booklet clutched tightly in my right hand and my left gripped tightly onto SeungJo’s hand.

 

We sat down outside the doctor’s room in the waiting hall.

 

“Well… looks like my assumptions were correct,” said SeungJo.

 

I looked over at him, he had the ultrasound in one hand and was staring down intently at it.

 

I giggled, “Well my genius husband is hardly ever wrong,” I laughed and patted his hair.

 

A small smile pulled up on the edge of his lips.

 

He suddenly stood up and tucked the ultrasound into his back pocket.

 

I looked up at him surprised.

 

“I got to get back to work, remember that the hospital is in a state of disaster right now? You should go back home to rest for a few days before coming back to work, you won’t be able to work for quite a while after that.” He said.

 

I sighed and nodded.

 

I’ve worked so hard to become a successful nurse, but now I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to work as a nurse for too much longer…

 

SeungJo noticed my distress, bent down in front of me and gently kissed me on the tip of my nose.

 

I smiled.

 

“Be a good girl, I’ll get mother to come pick you up. Please do be careful from now on. Like I always say, I don’t want to become a widow in my first few years of marriage,” he smirked and winked before pulling away from my face and walked away down the hall.

 

I pouted and stuck my tongue out at SeungJo’s retreating figure.

 

~

 

“HaNi-ah! Come and sit over here, I shall make you some chicken soup! It is one of the best foods for pregnant woman!” mother gushed as she ushered me from the front door to the dining table, sitting me down gently in my usual seat.

 

I smiled at mother, “Thank you,”

 

“Anything for you my dear. You know I have treated you like my own daughter ever since you and your father moved into our house. You and SeungJo getting married just made it even more real. There is nothing to thank me for,” mother smiled warmly at me and hugged my shoulders.

 

As mother shuffled off to prepare some chicken soup, EunJo jumped into the seat opposite me, with his face buried deep in a book.

 

“If it’s a girl how about Baek SeoYeon? And if it’s a boy Baek MinJun?”, EunJo suddenly said from behind his book.

 

It took me a moment to register that he was talking to me.

 

“I haven’t actually thought about names yet…” I said quietly, “I’ve been too preoccupied with the thought of actually having a child”.

 

EungJo peeped out from behind his book and looked at me, “Well, you better start thinking, I don’t think you would want a common old name for your first born, would you?” he asked seriously.

 

“Hmm I guess… “ I mumbled.

 

Mother suddenly came back with a large bowel of chicken soup and set it down in front of me with with a spoon.

 

I thanked her and took large gulps of the divine liquid.

 

Mother smiled warmly, as she sat down next to EunJo.

 

“Hmmm… Baek HyunWoo also sounds quite good,” said mother quietly, looking at EunJo’s book.

 

“No! There’s this boy in my class who’s name is HyunWoo! He’s really mean and annoying, I don’t want me nephew to be named after him!” exclaimed EunJo, furiously shaking his head.

 

I laughed.

 

At that moment I noticed the book that EunJo was reading, 100 Most Popular Names of the 21st Century.

 

I looked as mother and EunJo were both enthusiastically flipping through the book, suggesting names here and there for both boys and girls.

 

I smiled, things are going to be different now, aren’t they?

 

~~~

HEEYYYYY GUYSSSSS

 

IM SOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING EARLIER!!!

BUT I WAS STUCK NOT KNOWING WHAT TO WRITE!!!!

 

I WAS STUCK ON THIS CHAP FOR LIKE 3 WEEEKSSS TT.TT

 

DO U GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM!!!

 

IM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD END THIS STORY AFTER HANI GIVES BIRTH TO THE CHILD, OR SHOULD I PROLONG IT MORE INTO THE FUTURE AND WRITE CHAPTERS WITH THE CHILD?!?!?!?!

 

PLEASEEE RESPONDD!! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR UR THOUGHTTTSSS!!!!~~~

 

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENTT!!

 

UNTIL NEXT TIMEEE~~

 

GOODBYE CHAPS~ <3