Finally Together

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2


origin.jpg

 

Oh Ha Ni


I think it’s a miracle for two people to like each other at the same time.

 

One day, will that miracle come true for me too?

 

~

 

“Hmmm...” I sighed as I stuck my head in the refrierator. There really isn’t anything to eat, just some kimchi and raw vegtables.

 

Mother’s friends invited her on a cruise recently. I could tell the moment she recieved the call that she wanted to go desperately, however when she looked at her very pregnant daughter-in-law she decided against it. With her husband on a buisness overseas, her in-law busy at his restaurant and her son frantically saving people’s lives she wasn’t sure if going on a holiday was a good idea.

 

I didn’t want to cause any trouble and miss out on an amazing experience so I nagged her for days and nights encouraging her to go out and let loose with her friends. To let all her worries go and just enjoy herself.

 

After finally ushering mother out the front door I was left in the house with young EunJo for the time being. As both of us are very aware of my cooking skills, my father has been bringing leftovers from his restaurant home everynight for us to eat.

 

However, tonight a VIP had booked out the entire restaurant for a special event that would last the entire night, and so tonight EunJo and I would just have to fend for ourselves.

 

“Yah, Oh HaNi,” called EunJo from the living room. I gently closed the refrigerator door and popper my head around the corner, to see EunJo sitting on the living room couch reading a book.

 

I smiled, he’s exactly like SeungJo.

 

He looked up from his book and caught me staring, “Yah, what are you looking at? Shouldn’t we make up a plan for dinner tonight? No offense, but i’m too young to die at this age, let’s eat out to save ourselves a trip to the emergency room.”

 

My smiled melted into a penetrating stare as his words registered in my mind. I sighed heavily. He did have a point.

 

“Besides, it’s healthier and safer for all of us to eat out. You might not mind your own cooking, but i’m not sure the little on will. Remember your not only feeding yourself anymore.” EunJo nodded his head in the direction of my pregnant belly.

 

“Okay then,” I nodded in agreement as my hand cradled my belly, “lets eat out.”

 

EunJo closed his book and jumped up, “Yes! I’ll go upstairs to get our coats, be right back!”

 

I laughed at his excited expression as he raced up the stairs.

 

I walked over to the front door and sat down on a chair to put my shoes on. I gently rubbed my belly and whispered, “See little SeungJo? You’re already loved and cared by everyone here. We’re all waiting for you to come out safetly. I bet you can’t wait to meet your uncle right? He’s so sweet, he might sound a little ignorant at times, but he really cares for you and loves you. You will definetely love him.”

 

“Hey, who are you talking to?” EunJo asked as he thundered down the stairs with both our coats and my handbag in his little hands.

 

“N-no-one” I stuttered as my hand dropped away from my belly.

 

He sighed and shook his head, “The lady’s gone crazy, already talking to herself and the baby hasn’t even arrived yet!”

 

“Yah! No I haven’t...” I argued.

 

He holds up his index finger in the air and wiggles it from side to side in front of my face, “The first sign of craziness is denial”

 

I opened my mouth to argue back however nothing came to my mind.

 

EunJo saw my reaction and just smiled and walked out the door.

 

I huffed in resentment, pulled on my coat, grabbed my handbag and followed after him.

 

~

 

“Ohhh! I want sushi! Let’s go have sushi!” I squealed as I spotted a sashimi restaurant up ahead.

 

I looked at EunJo and saw him shake his head in disagreement. “You can’t have raw fish, you’re pregnant for goodness sake!”

 

“Oh...” I said in disappointment. I looked further down the street but nothing caught my eye.

 

“Let’s go and have noodles!” said EunJo excitedly. He ran forward towards a small restaurant up head.

 

I didn’t particularly favour noodles as my dad owned a noodle store, but there was nothing better to eat on this street.

 

I walked over to EunJo and smiled, “Okay then, noodles it is”

 

It’s better with one of us eating something we like rather then both of us eating something we hate.

 

We opened the door to a small crowded restaurant, with everyone bustling around to get big bowels of noodles to their customers.

 

A middle aged lady came up to us standing in the doorway, “How many people?” she asked.

 

“Just 2,” said EunJo.

 

“Okay, if you would follow me,” she motioned.

 

“Wait a second,” said EunJo. He stepped forward and whispered something in the lady’s ear. I watched with a confused expression on my face as her eyes darted to me, scanned me from head to toe and nodded.

 

As EunJo pulled away from her she motioned for us to follow her.

 

EunJo followed after her as she took the lead, weaving in a out of the crowded restaurant, dodging customers, waiters and bowels of steaming noodles. I tried my best to keep up and not cause any mishaps, however, i still managed to bump into several people.

 

At last I made it to the very back of the restaurant and followed the lady and EunJo through the back door, past the kitchen and into a charming little backyard. There was a outdoor table and umbrella placed on a wide concreate ledge, with stairs leading out to a flat grass plain rimmed with differed bushes and flowers.

 

The lady motioned for us to sit, poured us some water and disappeared back through the door leading into the restaurant to allow us time to order with the menus already placed on the table.

 

“EunJo-ah, w-what is this?” i asked as i looked at him, “did you....

 

EunJo had already pulled out his mobile phone that his father gifted to him a while back with his fingers typing at a blinding speeed across the screen.

 

“Don’t get any ideas, i didn’t plan this. Why would i go through that effrort? I just asked that lady if she had anywhere with a little more space, since you’re getting so big,” said EunJo without looking up from his phone.

 

I was both insulted and cared for in the same sentence. I didn’t know wheather i should be touched or angry with a comment like that.

 

I decided to forget about it, for now...

 

We sat there for a little while longer, with EunJo on his phone and me looking through the menu.

 

“EunJo-ah, what would you like to eat?” I asked.

 

But there was no reply.

 

I glared at him, what was so important that he won’t even answer when i call him?

 

I quietly pushed my chair back and stood up. I snuck around the table behind him and looked over EunJo’s shoulder at his mobile.

 

He was text messaging.

 

Hyung,

 

I read that it’s bad for pregnant women to eat raw foods, correct? I’m not sure exactly what Oh HaNi is thinking, but she wanted to eat sashimi today!

Thankfully I found a nice noodle store before something bad happened.

How is work? Is it hard? With mother gone now I hope you can come home more often.

I have school during the day, and so Oh HaNi is always by herself.

With her clumsiness, anything could happen without someone looking after her. Expecially with her getting so large, I swear she looks like she’s about to topple over in the wind!

What should I order for Oh HaNi? Is there anything else pregnant women can’t eat?

 

My breath caught up in my throat as i read the text message. EunJo that little bastered really did care!

 

A small smile crept up on my face.

 

I was about to turn around and return to my seat when i EunJo suddenly stood up and pusshed his chair back. I was turned halway and so the back of his chair banged into the side of my stomach and sent my already unbalanced body falling to the ground. I remembered the world blur before my eyes before i felt a strong tear through my abdominal area and a sharp pain through my head. After that the blackness eungulfed my vision and other senses.

 

All i could hear was a dull ringing in my ears, as i resurfaced. I bright light shone behind my closed eyelids.

 

As a sharp pain ripped through my belly my eyes burst open in shock.

 

My vision was a blur of bright light and strange out-of-focused images.

 

“the child... Oh HaNi... dying... one or the other... NO... i’m sorry” i caught part of jumbled speech as i tried to make sense of the situation.

 

Another sharp pain tore through my body as I felt warm liquid trail down my legs.

 

The baby.

 

“Pl-please s-save m-my b-bab-y” I chocked out as i stiffled a cry of pain.

 

“Oh HaNi?!” a familiar voice sounded, “I’m so sorry... i didn’t mean to... It’s all my fault... stay strong... i will never forgive myself.”

 

It was EunJo.

 

I felt a warm presence squeeze my hand.

 

I could feel the darkness pulling me under again, as the pain from my legs started to fade.

 

I mustered up the last of my strength and squeezed his hand gently, “Don’t worry... it’s not your f-fault... It’s m-me anyway, c-clumsy O-Oh HaNi. I-i’m known for m-making miracles happen anyway, I m-married B-baek Seung Jo, r-right?”

 

And with that the darkness pulled me under.

 

~

 

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

 

A steady pulse awoke me from my slumber.

 

I groaned at the irritating sound and turned my body to the side to continue sleeping.

 

I groaned as a sharp pain shot through both my head and abdominal area.

 

“Oh HaNi?... HaNi-ah... Can you hear me?” a soft voice sounded next to me.

 

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to focus my eyes, spots of color and lines clearing to form the most beautiful and familiar picture I have ever seen in my life.

 

“HaNi-ah, are you okay? How are you feeling?” the picture asked me.

 

Tears formed in my eyes and quickly overflowed, running down my cheeks.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you in pain?” he asked worridely.

 

I smiled and shook my head gently from side to side.

 

“I’m just so happy to see you...” i whispered.

 

SeungJo sighed in relief as a small sigh escaped his lips.

 

His hand gently cupped my cheek and wiped away my tears.

 

I leaned my face into his palm and smiled in comfort.

 

But something didn’t feel right.

 

Something was missing.

 

The baby.

 

My eyes darted to SeungJo wide with fear.

 

Fragments of my memory began to resurface.

 

“the child... dying... one or the other... NO... i’m sorry”

 

“S-SeungJo-ah...” i choked in horror.

 

He looked back at me confused.

 

“T-the b-baby...” i stuttered.

 

SeungJo’s eyes fell away from my face and onto our clasped hands, that i had only realised he was holding.

 

“S-seung J-jo-ah... t-the b-bab-y” i choked as my throat tightened, breathes became short and entire body began to shake.

 

My emty hand fell down to my belly, which was now flat and smooth under the covers.

 

I felt SeungJo’s hand tighten around mine.

 

I felt him take a deep breathe.

 

“N-no... t-this isn’t r-real it’s all a d-dream...it can’t be real” i stuttered as i shook my head, tears freely streaming down my face. “SeungJo-ah, tell me it isn’t true” i begged him, gripping onto his hand.

 

“The baby...” he said slowly, without looking at me.

 

I held my breath.

 

I took a deep breath and looked up at me with a serious face.

 

“Mother won’t give him back...”

 

I froze.

 

What?

 

SeungJo’s face broke into a small smile. “The baby is fine, he’s one healthy little boy. The only problem is, he’s one day old and his grandmother is already smitten with him.

 

The breath I had been holding pained my lungs, i let it go forcefully, along with a tsunami of tears.

 

SeungJo smiled, and pulled me into an embrace, careful not to hurt me in any way.

 

I pressed my face into his shoulder, soaking his shirt with my tears, but he didn’t care.

 

“Our family is finally all together now” he whispered in my ear.

 

“Yes finally together” i smiled.

 

~~~

 

New Chap Guys!

 

Sorry it’s been soooooo long! I'm so thankful to those of you who havent lost faith in me! You guys are the reason i do this :)

 

Tell me what you guys think of this chap XD am i losing my touch? or still going strong? LOL

 

I would love to knwo what you guys think! Don't hesitate to ask questions! i know i have been quiet but i will try answer any questions or inquiries you guys have about the story! :D please don't hesitate to say what you really think. :D i don't mind, and i promise not to judge!

 

I hope you guys enjoy this!!!

 

I am gifting you guys with a new chap for the new year! I hope you enjoy this! First chap of 2015!!!! And also the in first introduction to our new character!!!

 

Hope you guys had a fabulous new year! Happy New Year and Stay safe!!!

 

Until next time!

 

Xoxo